Wobbegong Settles In

Wobbegong

Unnecessary dichotomy poll #3  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Pens
    • Pencils

10 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

You have so many things in your thread I can't possibly respond. So instead I'll just give you a hug and tell you, you're doing fine on your challenge.

Thanks ^__^ 

I ended up unexpectedly getting in some socialization time with a friend I'm supporting on patreon. She's working on finishing her first book (more like... editing down her first book) and keeps asking for people to keep her company while she works. I'm usually not online at the right time so I see her requests on fb ten hours later. But today and yesterday it worked out! So I will count that. 

I also went for a walk today, although just a short one because I did a terrible job running last week and then overslept today so I didn't have much time or want to push too hard in case of a calf injury flare up. So far so good! Although I am still absurdly tired. 

• Like 3

Drive by update:

Really didn't want to run so I dragged myself out there (this whole "the more you don't want to the more you need to" thing is working out) but had a terrible go of it. Ran for one song, was totally exhausted, puffed and panted my way through the rest at a speed-walking pace. 

Got roped into more social-editing with writer friend, this time we chatted a lot more so that was fun. Topics covered mostly include music and anime. Yay?

Therapy was good. More about that in battle log (er, to come). For now it's off to the mini for a yeti update, then dbl, then chill!! 

• Like 6

Drive by update:

Really didn't want to run so I dragged myself out there (this whole "the more you don't want to the more you need to" thing is working out) but had a terrible go of it. Ran for one song, was totally exhausted, puffed and panted my way through the rest at a speed-walking pace. 

Got roped into more social-editing with writer friend, this time we chatted a lot more so that was fun. Topics covered mostly include music and anime. Yay?

Therapy was good. More about that in battle log (er, to come). For now it's off to the mini for a yeti update, then dbl, then chill!! 

Ugh, I know the feeling, so yay! for going anyway!
What you did is better than not going anyway :)
I do find water and sleep affect my 'I can do' attitude a lot! How are you doing on those two?
  • Like 3

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

16 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I know exactly how that feels! That was me and the gym last night.

Obviously this means we're both awesome and great, since we did our workouts anyway. :applause:

• Like 3

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

On 12/5/2017 at 11:45 PM, Diadhuit said:

I do find water and sleep affect my 'I can do' attitude a lot! How are you doing on those two?

Since you asked this I've been paying much closer attention to my water intake and... it turns out I'm super dehydrated all the time. I used to be so good at drinking water, I kind of just didn't notice that I had stopped. But I re-downloaded Plant Nanny and I'm working on getting my intake back up again. Thank you. <3 

(Sleep is no problem. I am a very good sleeper.) 

On 12/6/2017 at 9:44 AM, scalyfreak said:

I know exactly how that feels! That was me and the gym last night.

Obviously this means we're both awesome and great, since we did our workouts anyway. :applause:

SUCCESS!! We're so great. I actually haven't been going to run much lately because I've been so goddamn tired in the mornings, but it's probably a chicken/egg situation. The more I run, the better I feel, and the better I feel, the easier it is to wake up and run. Better get back on that. 

14 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I hope everything is going okay, @Wobbegong!

tumblr_ndjtwdkuuk1tdy033o1_400.gif

<3 <3 Thank you so much for checking in with me. The past couple of days I've felt like I really have nothing to say and no reason to post and also guilty for not responding to people in this thread, so thank you for giving me a little push. And for the gif! What a cutie!! 

• Like 3

No one was fired or laid off. There was also no reason given for the random dinner. 

My company's c-suites are all still idiots, but that's hardly news. They're very impressed with themselves, though, so I guess I'll just keep my head down and let them do their thing. 

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

No one was fired or laid off.

This is good news, right?

• Like 3

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

15 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

This is good news, right?

It's good news. I guess. Idk, I'm so done with this goddamn company I don't really give a shit whether I'm still working for them or not, but I guess not everyone there is as ready to jump ship as I am. I'm basically just biding my time pulling in paychecks while I focus on job searching therapy, and if I end up unemployed for a couple of months, it would actually be really convenient right about now. But I wouldn't wish it on someone else, especially if they're not prepared for it. 

• Like 2
No one was fired or laid off. There was also no reason given for the random dinner. 

My company's c-suites are all still idiots, but that's hardly news. They're very impressed with themselves, though, so I guess I'll just keep my head down and let them do their thing. 
Was it maybe a Christmas dinner? And if they are nearly bankrupt, how can they afford dinner for all?
  • Like 2

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

9 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Was it maybe a Christmas dinner? And if they are nearly bankrupt, how can they afford dinner for all?

I think it probably was a holiday dinner? But no one mentioned the holidays, so it was weird. The CEO told us that last month was profitable and we're expecting this month to be as well (but all bets are off for January), so maybe they used that? But alternatively, even if the company goes bankrupt, the CEO can easily afford to take the lot of us out to dinner one night. There are only twelve of us left at this point. 

• Like 4

I have been so exhausted all day today and it is stupid and unnecessary and I am a grump. 

I'm blaming the work shindig last night. One way or another, they're responsible. It could have been...

• The half a cocktail I drank. (I don't usually drink at all so maybe?)
  • The extra five miles I walked. (I'll be furious if it was this. Five extra miles should be nothing.) 
  • +7 hours of socialization. 
  • Are-we-finally-bankrupt stress followed by do-I-have-to-pretend-your-idiocy-is-genius stress.

Stupid work. Stupid city. Stupid ferry. Stupid c-suites. Stupid Thursday night party. I just want a nap. 

• Like 3

drink + socialization + CEO"s 

seems quite sufficient to me.

it is one of the wonders of the modern age that these guys prosper in any way.  Rarely am I impressed with them.

when you have your nap; do something that makes you feel better.  something healthy and not just distracting.  

• Like 2

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

1 hour ago, TGP said:

it is one of the wonders of the modern age that these guys prosper in any way.  Rarely am I impressed with them.

Idk, I'm impressed with their ability and willingness to game the system, I guess? It makes me feel comfortable doing less than the bare minimum for them, that's for sure. As long as they're being stupid, there's no need for me to feel invested. 

1 hour ago, TGP said:

when you have your nap; do something that makes you feel better.  something healthy and not just distracting.  

Ugggggh. That's such a good point. I was just going to veg and read fanfiction but it's escapism, you're right. Ok. I guess I'll work on cleaning my room a bit, then. Thanks. 

• Like 2

-hug- I'm sorry it all sucks so much for you :(

But 7+ hours of socializing like that would leave me in a huddled mess for days.

So I get it. And do take care of yourself. It's important!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 3

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

I 300% totally made my socialization goal this week (for irl socialization... I was pretty terrible at being online). First was Mystery Work Dinner on Thursday. Then today, Lunch With Aunt and Hanukah Party. 

Lunch With Aunt was more stressful than I was anticipating. I'm usually pretty good at dealing with Aunt, but today I was more on-edge than usual about her worldview (always the victim, center of the universe, the martyr) and her driving. She is a terrible driver. She can't go more then four seconds at a time without pumping the breaks, so rides with her are basically just lurching around town. She also got lost (in a town she's lived in for 30 years??) and wandered aimlessly around the more traffic-y areas of downtown on the way to the freeway, which made the lurching much worse. Ugh. Luckily, since I really wasn't feeling it, she was able to maintain a conversation mostly on her own for two hours (interrupted by a two hour movie, four hours of company all together). 

After returning home, I had two hours of downtime before heading out to Hanukah Party, which started at six. And went until just now. So six hours. So I guess I managed ten hours of socialization today, all told, plus I spent the morning cleaning my room. I feel like I can justify being a little proud. 

Hanukah Party was actually really fun. There were a lot of people there, but I wasn't expected to know most of them, so I just hung out with six people around my age, one of whom is the daughter of the party hosts and a girl I have known since preschool. The other five people were that girl's boyfriend, and two of our lady friends from high school and their boyfriends. One of those boyfriends also went to our high school, although two years ahead of us. So it was actually really fun reminiscing and telling ridiculous stories about our experiences. (We had some very colorful teachers at that school.) Also everyone of that group except me is poly, into bdsm, or both, so we talked a lot about kink. I don't do sex anything but I'm always happy to talk about it with people who are accepting of that, and this group was all really open minded and friendly, so that was nice. 

I really want to just chill out and do nothing tomorrow, but I still have a bunch of room cleaning to finish up (especially FINALLY getting some of this furniture out of here!) and I have the feeling I'm going to be dragged into Christmas tree trimming with Mother which I really do not want to do. Ugh. 

• Like 3

In the end I was not required to attend tree getting or tree decorating, although I was dragged into tree standing. 

I am mildly allergic to the tree and prefer to avoid it as much as possible. When I first brought up being allergic, my mom and sister were furious with me, thinking I was suggesting we shouldn't get a Christmas tree. How dare. However, since then my mom has adopted this allergy as her own and casually gives me advice for overcoming it. 

As usual, she is the black hole at the center of the galaxy, and everything revolves around her... 

• Like 2

I kinda wanna slap your mom. Is that ok?

Also there's a thing called fake trees?

Or is that super problematic?

You'd only need one and reuse it every year.

I'm sorry if that's a dumb suggestion or one you already tried.

Or if you're allergic to a fake tree.

Either way at least you were free from part of the hassle -hug-

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

4 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

I kinda wanna slap your mom. Is that ok?

I have to hope that it's ok to want to. I want to. It wouldn't be ok to actually do it (I guess?) but no one can take your fantasies. ;) 

Also there's a thing called fake trees?

Or is that super problematic?

You'd only need one and reuse it every year.

I know. Believe me, I know. I am very fond of the idea of a fake tree. They're cost effective after just two or three years (nice ones do usually run a bit more expensive than a fresh cut tree) and environmentally sustainable after thirteen years or so (buying plastic trees year after year is not great). But her arguments are not against cost or environmentalism. Her complaints are: 

1) Fake trees look tacky. She thinks this because when she pictures a fake tree, she pictures this: 

Fake-silver-tree-2.jpg

When she ought to be picturing this: 

trendy-inspiration-ideas-silk-christmas-

But there's no convincing her. Additional points she WOULD make if she could get over tinsel trees: 

2) It will get dusty and gross after years of repeated use. 

3) It doesn't smell as nice. (Forget that the smell is most of the issue with real trees.) 

4) Christmas tree hunting is a fun tradition. (Not really but ok.) 

5) We would have to store the fake tree somewhere and it would be a pain to deal with. 

6) Fake trees are just Not Done in our family. 

Sigh. 

I'm sorry if that's a dumb suggestion or one you already tried.

Or if you're allergic to a fake tree.

It's not a dumb suggestion. She's just full of dumb arguments against it. I have tried, but really when she gets her teeth into something there's just not much anyone can do. Her personality is a huge pain to deal with. 

Either way at least you were free from part of the hassle -hug-

*hug* Yeah. I thoughtfully decided to be engaged in the important business of cleaning my room so I would be unavailable for tree nonsense. Success! 

• Like 3

So I have never had a real tree, I don't see the point of the fire hazard. That being said, everyone has different opinions.

I will say allergies are one of the reason's we haven't had a real tree. With Hubby and Youngest's allergy issues, the last thing I want to do is bring more things in to make them sneeze. The weather does that enough.

At least you got out of some of the hassle, I would say keep a list of things you need to do  that you can't get out of to help with the rest of the holiday preparations

• Like 2

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

16 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I will say allergies are one of the reason's we haven't had a real tree. With Hubby and Youngest's allergy issues, the last thing I want to do is bring more things in to make them sneeze. The weather does that enough.

This is the reason we have a fake tree in our house.

Also because it came with lights pre-attached to the tree, which really makes life so much easier when it's time to start decorating. :) 

• Like 3

Book Riot Challenge 2021

2 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Also because it came with lights pre-attached to the tree, which really makes life so much easier when it's time to start decorating. :)

My mom tried to convince me to deal with the lights on our new tree and I very carefully made it clear that there was a 0% chance of me sticking my face in that thing and molesting it for an hour. Just. No. 

• Like 5