Maigahane Ends the Year Strong

Maigs

My sanity seems to have remained intact (despite Kevin *glares in his general direction*) and we're getting into a lull period at work (maybe, we have lots of new people high up so we'll see what actually happens). My next race isn't until January 20th. This means it's time for me to buckle down and focus on what the hell I'm eating. At the beginning of the year I weighed about 164lbs, this morning I was 159lbs. Awesome! I didn't gain! Boo! I should have been able to lose more. My measurements have barely changed too, as of my last check in August I was down 2.5" between waist, hips, thigh, calf, bicep, and chest. I'll take a new set of measurements tomorrow or Wednesday to see where I'm at.

The overall setup of my challenge won't change, just where my focus is:

Food - Aiming for 1600-1800cals a day. No emotional eating allowed (repeat after me: "Eating this will not make me feel better, it will only hinder my goals"). In general trying to avoid sweets but I'm not sure if that'll be a specific goal or not. I would absolutely love it if I could make it to 155lbs by the end of the year, but won't be too disappointed if I don't (because of lifting and all) as long as I eat like a reasonable human being

Lifting - 2-3 lifting sessions a week. Workouts are detailed in spoiler below, I will be alternating between the two instead of trying to have a leg day, chest & tris day, etc. The goal is Sunday and Thursday for sure, Tuesday if I'm feeling like it. I can sub out a Sunday or Thursday for a Tuesday if I need to, but only for a good reason.

Spoiler

Workout A

Squats 3x8

Bench press 3x8

Assisted Chinups 3x8

RDLs 3x8

Barbell Curls 3x8

Planks 3x30sec (increasing by 5 seconds each time successfully completed)

Workout B

Squats (possibly sub out with lunges) 3x8

OHP 3x8

Deadlift 3x5?

Lat Pulldown 3x8

Upright Row 3x8

Plank 3x30sec (increasing by 5 seconds each time successfully completed)

Running - 2-3 running sessions a week. Like lifting; hard goal of Saturdays and Wednesdays, Mondays if feeling like it, can sub out if needed. I'm not sure what my plan will be for these runs. I need to start working in strides and tempo runs and anything else runners talk about that I have no idea what it all means yet. Need to work on researching this stuff

So yeah, that's my boring, un-themed challenge :) Hopefully I'll actually think to start putting in memes again since I love memes

• Like 8

Current Challenge:  Maigs Does a Montage

Following again :)

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Hi Maigs :) Following for un-themed (but meme) madness!

best memes of the week 34 photos 215 Best memes of the week (34 Photos)

LOL. Happy Monday ;) 

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I have sugar cravings too. I usually fight them with some of those orange flavoured vitamin C things. They work wonders to fight the sugar crave and are a lot better for you. Just mind you don't eat more than 1 or 2, or you're going to have a nasty surprise. Although if you're trying to get rid of a blockage...

Good luck!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

28 minutes ago, Basement Cat said:

I have sugar cravings too. I usually fight them with some of those orange flavoured vitamin C things. They work wonders to fight the sugar crave and are a lot better for you. Just mind you don't eat more than 1 or 2, or you're going to have a nasty surprise. Although if you're trying to get rid of a blockage...

Good luck!

Welcome!

My sugar cravings seem to be more from external triggers than a biological craving. Bored? Snack. Angry? Rage-eat the kitchen. Was productive? Treat yo'self. And of course you can't game without snack foods, duh.

So I'm working on adjusting my reaction to the triggers rather than trying to manage the cravings.

I've never tried the vitamin C things but I'm the type that can't just have one so I might have a "nasty surprise" if I did try using them :P

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

I've never tried the vitamin C things but I'm the type that can't just have one so I might have a "nasty surprise" if I did try using them :P

need I remind you? 

465e1a8cce2d416959a841f77f9f3ca1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

1 minute ago, Maigahane said:

Lol. One of those WTF pictures on my phone emoji14.png

Maybe she does it by making you munch on handfuls of vit C things! 

• Haha 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Following!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

10 hours ago, Maigahane said:

No emotional eating allowed

I'm right there with you.  Following to see you be massively successful at this!

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Week Zero - Monday

Food - Check! Breakfast - PB&J oatmeal; Lunch - leftover loaf; Dinner - ramen; snacks - none; Calories - 1500

Lifting - Rest Day

Running - Check! I attempted something different. I did 1 minute at 6mph, 2 minutes at 3mph for 40 minutes. Seemed to work pretty well. I could probably speed up the running portion next time to 6.5mph

We're leaving to go back home tomorrow so last night I ran some errands (returning pants that fit but were too long, returning library books, etc). But I made sure I got my run in since my schedule for the rest of the week is going to be wonky. We're watching Justice League tonight, driving Wednesday, and are visiting family until we drive back Monday. I won't have access to a gym but I'll have empty country roads to run on and some bodyweight exercises I can do. Plus a somewhat nearby store that sells Innov8 shoes that I really want to check out

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Hopefully not a glimpse into my future this week:
6c34ec4bb344010d617c848046df4290.jpg

Couldn't even tell you how many times I've done something like that!

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Solid Monday, good work!

I've gone through phases of hiding food.  I used to buy massive amounts of junk food at convenience stores so I could pass it off as having put gas in my car.  At one point I had a bank account my beautiful and long-suffering wife didn't know about so that I could buy fast food without her knowing.

The struggle is real.

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Following!

3 hours ago, Maigahane said:

We're leaving to go back home tomorrow so last night I ran some errands (returning pants that fit but were too long, returning library books, etc). But I made sure I got my run in since my schedule for the rest of the week is going to be wonky. We're watching Justice League tonight, driving Wednesday, and are visiting family until we drive back Monday. I won't have access to a gym but I'll have empty country roads to run on and some bodyweight exercises I can do. Plus a somewhat nearby store that sells Innov8 shoes that I really want to check out

Everyone keeps mentioning these Innov8 shoes, one day I will have to track them down and see what the hype is about.  I hope you have a good trip.

On 20/11/2017 at 9:28 AM, Maigahane said:

My sanity seems to have remained intact (despite Kevin *glares in his general direction*)

Since your challenge a little while ago, every time someone anonymously fucks up at work I feel the need to shout "f* you Kevin!"

• Like 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

5 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Solid Monday, good work!

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I've gone through phases of hiding food.  I used to buy massive amounts of junk food at convenience stores so I could pass it off as having put gas in my car.  At one point I had a bank account my beautiful and long-suffering wife didn't know about so that I could buy fast food without her knowing.

The struggle is real.

Overall I'm pretty good, but when I have one cookie then I keep eating until it's time for bed, or they're gone. Mom makes amazing cookies. I've been known to repeatedly get up and get another cookie and quickly shove another one in my mouth before going back with my "a cookie"

7 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Everyone keeps mentioning these Innov8 shoes, one day I will have to track them down and see what the hype is about.  I hope you have a good trip.

I've heard a lot about them but never tried them either. The closest store to me that sells them is 4 hours away. But there's a few close to my Mom so Hubs is going to deal with the fact that I'll be doing some OCR shoe shopping while home for Thanksgiving :P

8 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Since your challenge a little while ago, every time someone anonymously fucks up at work I feel the need to shout "f* you Kevin!"

Ha! That made my day :D

Week Zero - Tuesday

Food - Check! Breakfast - PB&J oatmeal; Lunch - leftover quinoa salad; Dinner - leftover mexican casserole; Snacks - small bag of doritos; Calories - 1500

Even though we were at the grocery store right before and Monday and I considered snack options, I did not take any snacks to the movies!

Lifting - Rest Day

Running - Rest Day

Today (in a couple more hours) we're leaving to drive back home for Thanksgiving. I have a plan for food! I'm eating right before we leave and I'm bringing the last bit of quinoa salad with me for dinner. I think it will be good not warmed up and not refrigerated for a few hours. It's vegan so not likely to give me food poisoning :)

I managed to get in a workout and a walk already this morning. I need to finish packing and cleaning the house though. But first, catching up on challenges :D

• Like 3

Following. 

If I found a shoe store that sold innov8s, I'd probably be in there every week and be very broke! 

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"