Maigahane Ends the Year Strong

Maigs

Tuesday

I already basically went over the day but:

I took the morning off work to meet with a contractor who's going to finish my bathroom and trim my entire house. He wasn't coming out until 10 so I didn't have to be up early but I got up at 7:15, ate breakfast, and made it to the gym by 8am. Got in a good Workout A except planks which I skipped so I could shower before the guy showed up (and then never made up like I intended). I planned my food the night before and stuck to the plan and ate about 1650cals of all real food. Before bed I even packed my gym bag so I could go run between work and gaming tonight. It was a good day

• Like 1

Current Challenge:  Maigs Starts Over

Wednesday

Another good day! Well, health-wise at least :P

I planned out most of my food the night before and stuck to the plan. Even though cupcakes were offered (pushed) in the morning, I resisted. Luckily they were then put away and I purposely didn't pay attention to where they were being kept. If they had been offered after the 4 hours of exhausting meetings or after Kevin's incredibly stupid question I might have given in. I hit the gym right after work for a run. I only ran a total of 1.5 miles and walked another 2 because my heel was kinda acting up and since it's the one that gets plantar faciitis I didn't want to push it and hurt myself. We hosted game night (again....this is happening way too often for my introvert self) and even though there were lots of mini cinnamon rolls plus some cookies leftover from Sunday I stuck to 4 of the cinnamon rolls (at 60cals each) which fit into my calorie goal.

Tonight might be sushi with a friend, if so I foresee stuffing myself silly so I kept my lunch light. If there was any way to know the calories of sushi I'd plan out what I'm eating to stay within (or at least close to) my goal. Instead I'll stay away from any fried rolls :)

• Like 3

Thursday

Still on track. The friend had to cancel and we considered still going out for sushi but decided to be good and stay home. I didn't have any other meals planned so we had pasta for dinner but I stuck to a reasonably sized bowl and one breadstick. I didn't lift or run but the blahs are still in remission

Today is a food day at work. I don't really want to participate because 1) the main food is pizza, then potluck for sides so it likely won't be healthy and I can't track it and 2) Kevin organized it. Is that petty? There's 6 people in my office plus 10ish from the one across the hall so my absence would be noticed.

I still don't have food planned for tonight so I should figure out what I want to cook and stop by the grocery store on my way home.

I'm not sure if or how this relates but I realized this morning that I haven't had a headache since I started feeling more human when I was getting them daily before. Daily headaches aren't a new thing for me, they come in waves where I'll get them daily and then they stop for a while. Who knows if there's a causation/correlation between the headaches and the blahs but they both went away at the same time.

• Like 2

I either get No migraines or it happens over and over again.

I have no idea Why.

I'd swear its not food or even tied to how I feel.  although, after I got a bad migraine I feel pretty bad.

SO maybe whatever causes my first migraine- THAT migraine starts up a new one within 1-2 days.

actually quite a lot of my health problems, some diagnosed others not, are like that for me.

it makes me very... paranoid.

there is some evil thing in my body that is out to get me- he just picks some awful and different torture from time to time.

empathy with the Migraine. they are awful.

I can barely work when that happens.

• Sad 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

On 15/12/2017 at 7:43 AM, Maigahane said:

I'm not sure if or how this relates but I realized this morning that I haven't had a headache since I started feeling more human when I was getting them daily before. Daily headaches aren't a new thing for me, they come in waves where I'll get them daily and then they stop for a while. Who knows if there's a causation/correlation between the headaches and the blahs but they both went away at the same time.

I can't imagine feeling overly happy with daily headaches. :(  I'm happy they lifted, whether or not they are related.

On 15/12/2017 at 7:43 AM, Maigahane said:

Today is a food day at work. I don't really want to participate because 1) the main food is pizza, then potluck for sides so it likely won't be healthy and I can't track it and 2) Kevin organized it. Is that petty? There's 6 people in my office plus 10ish from the one across the hall so my absence would be noticed.

It's not petty. This isn't something you want to be doing, so the only reason to do it is to make the organizer happy.  If he isn't someone you owe any favours to, not wanting to take part is reasonable.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

On 12/16/2017 at 1:41 PM, Kestrel Grey said:

I can't imagine feeling overly happy with daily headaches. :(  I'm happy they lifted, whether or not they are related.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:32 AM, TGP said:

empathy with the Migraine. they are awful.

I can barely work when that happens.

Headaches are a fact of life for me, a fun hereditary trait I was lucky enough to get from Mom. Luckily my headaches this time around were minor, just constant. I haven't had a true migraine in a while but those will knock me the fuck down.

On 12/16/2017 at 1:41 PM, Kestrel Grey said:

It's not petty. This isn't something you want to be doing, so the only reason to do it is to make the organizer happy.  If he isn't someone you owe any favours to, not wanting to take part is reasonable.

It was a little petty :) Kevin has annoyed me so much I just automatically rebel against anything involving him. I did end up going and did not eat any pizza. I stuck to veggies, a small amount of pasta salad, and then three cookies. And then I awkwardly avoided eye contact with Kevin across the table hoping he wouldn't push the issue about the pizza (he didn't).

• Like 1

Ergh. The blahs are encroaching again. I don't feel bad. There's no feels. And no headaches. Just blah

Friday - I skipped the pizza at the work thing, but then ate three cookies. Then was lazy at dinner and stuck a frozen lasagna in the oven and ate the last two cookies from the weekend before. 2000ish calories, not bad but not ideal foods. I didn't work out

Saturday - Came to work and ate 2 cupcakes, some chocolate, and some pasta salad that was in the fridge. For no real reason because I'd eaten breakfast (and was only in for 3.5 hours). Lunch was a vegan pizza pocket thing (because I wasn't really hungry for some reason...). Then I went to do a one-off Pathfinder session, ate 6-800cals worth of chocolate covered cashews, then got Subway for dinner. No idea on the calories, but way too much. No exercise again

Sunday - Hubs made biscuits and gravy for breakfast, yummy but high calorie. I can't for the life of me remember what I ate for lunch but I must have had something because I wasn't dying when we waited until 7:30 to eat dinner, which was sushi. Again, no ideas on the calories. I did make it to the gym to lift and spend 5 minutes on the rower though

Today I have my food planned. I'd like to go for a run but I might forego it in favor of board games and talking with Hubs. Hopefully that can help bring me out of the blahs. Tomorrow is Star Wars. In theory I have food planned (if I remember to prep the crockpot tonight) but I bought 1/2 pound of chocolate covered peanuts and will most likely eat them all because they are yummy.

I have a run in a month. I signed up for a 10k. I'm probably going to have to knock it down to a 5k since I have not been running lately. And there's not a longer option so I don't want them sending out a search team for me when I'm the last person running and out much longer than they'd expect

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

Tomorrow is Star Wars. In theory I have food planned (if I remember to prep the crockpot tonight) but I bought 1/2 pound of chocolate covered peanuts and will most likely eat them all because they are yummy.

I find a couple of handfuls are actually yummy and it turns into something compulsive after that. Good luck with your food tomorrow. 

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

22 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

I find a couple of handfuls are actually yummy and it turns into something compulsive after that. Good luck with your food tomorrow.

Very true. I've done a decent job eating them mindfully the last couple of times I took them to the movies. I'll try to remember to do it again tomorrow and actually enjoy them all (or stop if I stop enjoying them) instead of mindlessly inhaling them. If I'm feeling extra motivated tomorrow I can bring only half of them with me and save the other half for gaming Wednesday

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Maigahane said:

If I'm feeling extra motivated tomorrow I can bring only half of them with me and save the other half for gaming Wednesday

I know enough about myself to know that if I take the bag I'm eating the bag. I really admire you if you have ability to not do that!  (honestly if I buy the bag I'm eating the bag in one sitting)

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

5 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

I know enough about myself to know that if I take the bag I'm eating the bag. I really admire you if you have ability to not do that!  (honestly if I buy the bag I'm eating the bag in one sitting)

That's why I'd only bring half the bag with me. If I bring it all it will all get eaten. But I have these cool reusable ziplock bags* that I can separate them out into and leave one at home if I'm feeling it tomorrow

*BTW, all you nerdlings, these are amazing! I don't have these exact ones (mine are cutesy, not nerdy) but still, amazing :)

• Like 2

Sorry for your headache.  :-(   Good job taking a walk though!  :-)

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

15 hours ago, Maigahane said:

*BTW, all you nerdlings, these are amazing! I don't have these exact ones (mine are cutesy, not nerdy) but still, amazing :)

Ahh I have tiny Tupperware pots for the same purpose :) 

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

Well......this challenge didn't go as planned. At all. The hype was MIA. The blahs hit hard. I only managed about one workout a week. I have a 10k trail run in 4 weeks that I'm not at all ready for and will probably have to downgrade to a 5k. My weight is probably up from mildly disordered eating the last two months.

BUT I'm feeling a lot more optimistic now. I'm looking forward to the start of the new challenge and 2018 in general. I have some overarching goals for 2018 that I'm going to incorporate into each challenge so my goals for them will help me move towards my big goals.

• Like 1

I don't think this challenge went well for anyone. But the new challenge boards are up and the hype is starting to build. I'm looking forward to see what you get up to in the next 12 months.

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

I don't think this challenge went well for anyone. But the new challenge boards are up and the hype is starting to build. I'm looking forward to see what you get up to in the next 12 months.

It definitely seemed a struggle for everyone I managed to follow. But, the hunt for the Hype is on!

And apparently I hadn't updated my signature for a while (still had the link from the challenge before this one), but now it's all updated for my new challege

• Like 1