Akura moves to Stardew Valley

Akura

Oh! My! God! I'm addicted to Stardew Valley on the Nintendo Switch. (And I binged too much on Friends...) And as I struggled a lot during the last challenge it seems reasonable to "escape my ordinary life" and respawn in...

Main_Logo.png

I'll throw around the buzzwords fundamentals, priorities and assessment. I need to simplify things a bit, but I also want to wokr on the things that are important. And I want to find out what I'm capable of without trying too hard. Hence, the goal is to simply track my behaviour in week 0 and then I try to do more in the subsequent challenge weeks. Everything's unhurried.

I'll use the five skills from Stardew Valley for five different areas and I will keep track of particular task via various items. That means: Lots of pictures!

Farming_Skill_Icon.png Farming

Farming is about "active meditation". I enjoy walking and running as exercise but their major benefit is psychological. And as I struggle to meditate "ordinarily" I will try to increase my "time spent moving my legs" trying to see it as more mental than physical training. For this skill I can collect Coffee Beans Coffee_Bean.png for walking at least 30 minutes without purpose. I.e. going to the grocery store doesn't count. And Hot Peppers Hot_Pepper.png when I go for a run.

Mining_Skill_Icon.png Mining

Mining is about getting stuff done for work. I can collect a Diamond Diamond.png for every page I write for my thesis. And I get a Ruby Ruby.png when I successfully work on my handwriting recognition software.

Foraging_Skill_Icon.png Foraging

Foraging is about food. I will track my weigth and my calorie intake daily and I earn a Field Snack Field_Snack.png  for every day I stay below 2500 kcal. Probably I'll reduce this number gradually... And I get a Fiddlehead Fern Fiddlehead_Fern.png for every day I only drink 3 cups of coffee.

Fishing_Skill_Icon.png Fishing

Fishing means doing something relaxing an enjoyable which is still beneficial. So, this means here I tackle my biggest problem: my hobbies. I get a Squid Squid.png when I draw something, a Stone Fish Stonefish.png  for studying/playing Go, a Rare Disc Rare_Disc.png for working on my RPG, a Lost Book Lost_Book.pngfor reading or studying Polish and a Clam Clam.png for practising/playing the guitar

Combat_Skill_Icon.png Combat

Combat is about, well, fighting. Or rather being fit enough too fight. I earn a Rock Crab Rock_Crab.png for every time I go bouldering. And I earn a Shadow Brute 64px-Shadow_Brute.png whenever I do my bodyweight training (as intense as my back allows).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As always I try to post here daily in order to keep my scores accurate. Let's get this challenge started!!

chandler-friends-reunion-11516.gif

• Like 2

The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.

Instagram food log

46 minutes ago, Yuen said:

Good luck in your challenge!

Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to remember what happend yesterday... The current score for week zero should look like this.

Coffee_Bean.png x 0   Hot_Pepper.png x 0

Diamond.png x 0   Ruby.png x 1

Working mostly on code right now, but I should write a few pages for my thesis until next Monday for a meeting with two! of my advisors/examiners.

Field_Snack.png  x 1   Fiddlehead_Fern.png  x 1

Today I had excess coffee, but the calories were fine. Yesterday it was the other way around.

Squid.png  x 0   Stonefish.png x 0   Rare_Disc.pngx 0   Lost_Book.pngx 2   Clam.png x 0

A bit of reading the last two days...

Rock_Crab.png x 0   64px-Shadow_Brute.png x 0

-------------------------

Now tell me: Is this readable/understandible? At least with short explanatory sentences?

• Like 3

The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.

Instagram food log

Following!

Never played Stardew Valley, but those symbols remind me of Minecraft.

13 minutes ago, Akura said:

Now tell me: Is this readable/understandible? At least with short explanatory sentences?

Its a bit tough, the short explanation helps a LOT! 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Never played Stardew Valley, but those symbols remind me of Minecraft.

Basically it's Harvest Moon + Minecraft + Rune Factory.

2 minutes ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Its a bit tough, the short explanation helps a LOT! 

Good to know. I'll experiment a bit during the next days.

Instagram food log

Following along this time :) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Gettin' all dat loot. 

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Very depressed and tired today and I had to leave the office because of a massive panic attack.

Added more words to the score board.

Coffee_Bean.png Walking x 0   Hot_Pepper.png Running x 0

Diamond.png Thesis x 0   Ruby.png Coding x 2

Got some coding done; but not as much as I wanted to.

Field_Snack.png  Less calories x 2   Fiddlehead_Fern.png  Less coffee x 2

Despite coffee being my go-to treat if I'm in a bad mood, I kept it at three cups. And I ate rather litte in the morning and at lunch. Maybe I should look into intermittent fasting again...

Squid.png  Drawing x 0   Stonefish.png Go x 0   Rare_Disc.png RPG x 0   Lost_Book.png Reading x 3   Clam.png Guitar x 0

Started to read Frankenstein today. These "old classics" are always fascinating when you read for the first time as an adult. Everyone knows the premise and basic plot, but then the actual book is so very different.

Rock_Crab.png Bouldering x 0   64px-Shadow_Brute.png Workout x 1

Had an hour after getting home and my girlfriend arriving for dinner. Instead of wallow in self pity because of my mental problems I did a workout.

• Like 1

Instagram food log

Diamond.png Thesis x 0   Ruby.png Coding x 2

Field_Snack.png  Less calories x 2   Fiddlehead_Fern.png  Less coffee x 3

Squid.png  Drawing x 0   Stonefish.png Go x 1   Rare_Disc.png RPG x 0   Lost_Book.png Reading x 4   Clam.png Guitar x 0

Rock_Crab.png Bouldering x 0   64px-Shadow_Brute.png Workout x 1

• Like 1

Instagram food log

I've been very, very sick these past few days. Nothing serious, just a common cold -- but it hit me much harder than I thought. I hope to be able to get back to work tomorrow, especially as I have a meeting with my two PHD advisors.

Challenge-wise I'll just use the first week for tracking and trying to get back on track. Then I'll just try to improve from that.

tumblr_lqaouu1dKP1qeeqito1_500.gif

• Like 1

Instagram food log

Related image

OMG Stardew Valley has been my life for the past week as I've been recovering from my wisdom teeth removal. My farm is ridiculous, I'm not sure what your farms set up is like but I just started Ancient Fruit Wine Brewing on a massive scale and I'm pulling in like 50-100k per day XD soo much money! hahaha Still sadly not enough to buy any of the good late game stuff >__< aaaannny way I could ramble on about SDV for days but I digressed, Love the challenge theme and will be following along  to watch your progress :)

PS. You should post pictures of your farm!! :D

P.S.S who did you decided to romance? 

• Like 1

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

33 minutes ago, Ryuu1011 said:

PS. You should post pictures of your farm!! :D

I will! I'm in the fall of year 2. I have my second ancient fruit plant and I'm one item away to finish the connunity center.

34 minutes ago, Ryuu1011 said:

P.S.S who did you decided to romance? 

Leah.

• Like 1

Instagram food log

22 minutes ago, Akura said:

I will! I'm in the fall of year 2. I have my second ancient fruit plant and I'm one item away to finish the connunity center.

Nice! I did the community center my first go around but I'm not a huge fisherman so I just opted to do the Joga Mart purchase all the repairs option for my second play through since being able to get the greenhouse before your first winter is such a help. 

Half-Elf: Ranger/Assassin

Challenges: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6a] [6b] [7] [8] [8.5] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [ --> Battle Log]

Old Battle Logs [2017] New Battle Log 2018: Reforged

DragonForging My Life: Epic Quests [Google D] Epic Quests [NF]

Lifter Profile [Symmetric Strength] Racer Profile [Athlinks] Body Comp [G-Sheet] Running Stats [G-Sheet]

Hope you feel better soon! 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Following! 

• Like 1

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

I'm more or less healthy again. Had an unpleasant night, so the morning was a bit tough. But overall I feel quite good again. Not sure, however, when I want to get back into exercising. Maybe at the end of the week.

Diamond.png Thesis x 0   Ruby.png Coding x 0

Field_Snack.png  Less calories x 1   Fiddlehead_Fern.png  Less coffee x 1

Squid.png  Drawing x 0   Stonefish.png Go x 0   Rare_Disc.png RPG x 0   Lost_Book.png Reading x 1   Clam.png Guitar x 0

Finished re-reading Death Note. Tomorrow I have to get back into Frankenstein. During my days at home I had no energy to concentrate on reading.

Rock_Crab.png Bouldering x 0   64px-Shadow_Brute.png Workout x 0

• Like 2

Instagram food log

Felt pretty good during my 45 minute walk to the grocery store and back. Maybe I'll try an easy workout tomorrow.

Diamond.png Thesis x 0   Ruby.png Coding x 1

Squid.png  Drawing x 0   Stonefish.png Go x 0   Rare_Disc.png RPG x 0   Lost_Book.png Reading x 2   Clam.png Guitar x 0

• Like 2

Instagram food log

I add a Topaz Topaz.png to the mining quest. It represents work on the presentation I have to give at the end of December.

Challenge-wise I haven't accomplished anything due to some psychological problems and some stomach pains.

Diamond.png Thesis x 0   Ruby.png Coding x 1   Topaz.pngPresentation x 0

Squid.png  Drawing x 0   Stonefish.png Go x 0   Rare_Disc.png RPG x 0   Lost_Book.png Reading x 3   Clam.png Guitar x 0

Instagram food log