• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Leigh

Leigh - Mostly Harmless

I figure I'll chill with you cool kids this time around, since I'm not feeling like much of a warrior as of late...

My plan is simply this: survive the 42 days until the end of the year. :D The picture below has all the basic stuff I'm doing.

pnZsDXB.png

Link to the actual thing

Edit: Noticed that I didn't actually put my pass/fail parameters in here haha oops!

Daily pass: minimum 3 things.

Weekly pass: each task type must be completely a minimum of 4 times per week.

Cheating: I will allow myself to skip Green tasks if the weather outside is horrid or if I have injured myself at work. Because I'm not going to fail myself because of things outside of my control. I avoid hurting myself at work as much as possible, but stupid shit gets me from time to time. @Teros knows that I managed to murder myself with a box, some paper and a fucking wall today at work and last week I actually sliced open my left palm on a package of tuna so yeah... I may be pretty damn powerful but I lack weather control as a skill so I'm not going to force myself to go for a walk or to the gym in a storm of any kind of if it's too cold to be enjoyable or risk frostbite.

Social plans do not count towards the min 4/week as sometimes I just don't have plans. Those are mostly as a reminded for myself and also to track how often I hang out with people outside of work or home. I want this to increase over time because honestly I'm becoming a total shut in.

• Like 5

Pumped-Up-Kicks-v2_credit-Colombia.jpg?as=1&w=400  
Kids != Kicks. Also fuck that song, I can't stand it. It plays every freaking hour at work *murders someone*

Haha

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StarlordPhoenix said:

Hey @Leigh! Nice to see you are joining us this time around. It looks like you are a grand master planner. Everything is even color-coded o.O Very nice.

I am a total planner but am prone to forgetting said plans and/or over planning and overwhelming myself. And on that note, I've added an edit to my first post about said plans :P

On 11/20/2017 at 3:34 PM, Leigh said:

I figure I'll chill with you cool kids this time around

tumblr_mo00oigCn71rd1ggmo1_500.gif

Welcome! And it's about time someone realized we're the cool ones. :P

Seriously, though, I'm glad you're here. I love that you have your goals planned out. Let me know if I can help in any way.

On 11/20/2017 at 4:07 PM, Leigh said:

Also fuck that song, I can't stand it.

Agreed. We shall be friends.

• Like 1

Oh gods... I look so out of place hahahah! Ah well :P *feels included* yay!

Also, my feelings about Thor Ragnarok can be summed up in one simple gif:

TI4TCvn.gif

It was awesome, totally worth skipping a gym trip (I'm honestly kind of hobbled right now, dunno why, my ankles/heels??? are kind of mad at me... oh well! I'm going to sit around and knit today and be happy about it :D Also I am calling a pass on dishes, since I went to do them but we haven't eaten at home today so there was none to wash! HA! Gotta love completing a task on a technicality! :D

• Like 3

Okay so this week is going about as well as Zero week usually goes for me and I hope that the momentum continues for the things I'm doing well on and spills over into the things I am not doing well on. I've hardly touched WoW this week and I've not even turned on my Xbox for Destiny 2, but I think making creative things for my friends is far more important than playing video games and I very much doubt any of you will really give me shit about it. I've not done well on my body weight basics this week at all. I need to do better. I had DOMS as a slight excuse at the start of the week, but I have only pure laziness and/or legit forgetting to do them as a reason for the rest of the week.

I will do better.

On a totally silly girlie note: I went shopping with my sister and had a fabulous time. Her goal was to get shoes, leggings/tights and a cardigan to wear for the staff Christmas party and she got all of that stuff with ease. She picked up really cool looking fully adjustable strappy sandals (one pair in black and one in three tones of gold) on sale for $12 each. Gold and black tights and a really nice wine red cardigan also on sale :) I picked up a hot pink one in the same size and style as well for an unsurprising Christmas gift. She was also able to pick up some new pjays (hers are old a hell and dying terribly) and She got in a leisurely 2.5 hour walk without too much complaining :D

I on the other hand had no purchase goals at all, I was mostly going to offer opinions on stuff and to see an old co-worker as well as return some things I bought that did not fit. And instead I made out like a bandit! Got two new shirts for me and two for my girlfriend for a whopping $9 after tax, and picked up an oddly cute purse, which I was not expecting to find. I've been idly looking for a new one for a while now but nothing looked nice and then out of the blue, on a rack across from where we found the sandals for my sister I find this lovely little bag!

076cc2406809508a0cdede65a7c5522f--jessic

and it was on sale for like $20... muahhahahahahaha! Now I just need to find my new favourite boots on sale for some stupidly cheap price and I'm set!

• Like 3

Bleh!

My sister sprang the info on me that two of her friends from work are coming over before the party to do make up together (trading tips and help I guess?) and guess what?! our kitchen is a disaster, our bathroom is a disaster, the kitty litter needs to be changed, there is still a literal mountain of recycling to take out, the floors are terrifying and her and our room mate thought it would be an awesome idea to make spaghetti and chocolate cake last night and they didn't clean up any of it... there was a hall full bowl of noodles and sauce just sitting on the counter. They couldn't even be bothered to scrap out the unwanted food.

So that was a fun morning... Cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom, swept all the floors, which I honestly should have done earlier this week but I forgot, and had to sweep my sister's room as well, despite that NOT being one of my chores, but her floor was nasty. Jordan helpfully took out half the mountain of recycling late last night but I'm honestly pretty pissed off that she didn't think to plan this at one of their places, or you know... fucking think that MAYBE she should make sure the place is fit for visitors before saying "sure! come over and we'll hang out before we leave."

Part of me wants to casually throw out their cake and claim it as a casualty of the war on dirt while I was cleaning the kitchen... That part of be is a little too much of a bitch for me right now though so it will live.

I'm ticking off my Tidy room and my blue and purple boxes off for all of that cleaning though, because I did a hell of a lot of work but I'm not going to have the time or energy to do anything but the rest of the cleaning and some Work stuff today before getting ready to leave.

• Like 3

On 11/22/2017 at 7:50 PM, Leigh said:

my feelings about Thor Ragnarok can be summed up in one simple gif

It looks like it embraced the shlock and that can be a good thing (guardians of the galaxy).  It's when you have schlock that tries to be edgy (batman v superman) or if it tries too hard to be peppy (suicide squad) that it becomes terrible.

On 11/24/2017 at 8:32 PM, Leigh said:

making creative things for my friends is far more important than playing video games

Image result for mmhmm gif

On 11/24/2017 at 8:32 PM, Leigh said:

Gold and black tights

You mean 'white and blue', right?

On 11/25/2017 at 11:21 AM, Leigh said:

spaghetti and chocolate cake

That's my favorite meal.  Spagooter-cake.

• Haha 2

I found out yesterday after work that we have to put my sister's cat down on Friday so I'm going to do things off of my calendar that I feel up for but I'm not going to push it. My sister is really going to need me this week and I've also managed to get sick for the first time since January so I'm not going to the gym. When I get sick I get basic cold symptoms but I'm usually carrying the flu or something worse (My immune system is the Mythic level final boss when it comes to illness) so the last thing anyone at my gym needs is whatever plague I'm working through.

My plans for this week will be just working on knitting things because it's one hell of a productive distraction while trying not to randomly cry about our dying cat, and also they are easy to disinfect so I can work on them without sending little fluffy plague objects in the mail to my friends. I'm also fairly certain I'm going to scrap my Destiny 2 goal since I honestly just don't feel like playing the game lately, and when I try and force myself to play I want to play it even less. So WoW will be completely several days a week for now and my other days I'm just going to chill and snuggle Jazz and do my level best to be an anchor for my sister on Friday. Our plans for that day involve me getting out of work early, taking Jazz to the vet for euthanasia and then getting slightly drunk and watching Netflix and eating total garbage and crying.

Then I need to unleash some next level will power to make sure my sister doesn't try and get a new cat. Jazz and Jellybean have been off and on fighting the entire time they've been together and they both fought with the kitten when we had her so I don't want to deal with more cats fighting again. Especially with JB being 12 years old and really set in her ways.

• Sad 5

Sorry to hear about your cat @Leigh, and good on you for recognizing that you need to dial back and focus on what's really important. I had to do the same after my grandfather died. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you.

*hugs*

epic-hugs-friends-adventure-time.gif

• Like 1

I'm still here, although not doing well this week on my goals. Still kinda of in a sadness funk about our cat Jazz and not really up for doing much. I'm also still coughing a lot from the lingering gross of whatever virus I picked up a little while ago. Sleep has been really on point, but I've been slacking a bit in all other areas. I'm tired and work has been hectic and a bit stressful so I'm just going to keep marking down what I get done and hope to do better as the challenge progresses.

I did however, finish the hat for Laura, and I'm about 75% done with her scarf. I had a fantastic raid night on Saturday where we got the first 7 of 11 bosses down on all new content and finished it off on Sunday evening and I got a legendary as well as small pile of really good upgrades so my warlock is kicking ass and taking names so far :D

I managed to find all of my gifts for my girl friend, my sister and I've got a solid idea for a cool thing to get for my older brother for the holidays and now I'm down to just my room mate, and my Sister in law and her guy. I got really lucky with finding nice and very inexpensive stuff for my two nieces and I've just got to wrap the whole pile up for the holidays and I'm good to go. I'm pretty bummed out though because it hit me that this is the first year I wont be picking out a really cool calendar for my Gramma since she passed away this February. :/

If anyone wants to see some pics of the things I've created out of yarn please let me know and I'll post a few up :) I'm rather proud of four of the things I've made since I did not use a pattern at all and simply winged it and they turned out quite nicely :D

And just for the hell of it, if I bomb this challenge and anyone wants to inflict an amusing consequence on me, you guys get to pick what random colour I dye my hair next time around :P Unatural colours only though guys, it's gotta be interesting!

• Like 1

So I've been AWOL for a little while now...

Let's recap shall we?

The Bad:

• one of our cats had to be put down (tears, take out and a bit too much alcohol consumed that day)
  • one of my best closers quit
  • my least useful employee informed me far too late, that he was going to India for 15 days...
  • my stupid cough lasted for another week after my last post
  • I managed to throw my left hip out of whack last week while sitting on my ass in the doctor's office waiting room with my sister so she could get her foot checked out
  • said hip still hurts... it's very uncomfortable to be sitting at my desk typing this post.
  • I was starting to settle the death of jazz in my head and the damned vet's office mailed us this really thoughtful envelope of sadness and tears including his paw prints on really nice card stock with his name at the bottom, a card with all of their sympathy over his death, and they made a donation to a vetrenary school in his name to train new vets so that other people don't have to go through what we did if possible. (I'm crying again thinking about it... FUCK!)

The Good:

• I finished Laura's hat and scarf and she totes loved it
  • I actually mailed Teros's hat! (not sure if it has arrived yet)
  • I started and finished the hat for Kavya and she loved it
  • I finished my Christmas shopping!
  • I got to go see a really cool play with my brother and have dinner with him and some extended family that night (aunt, uncle, cousin and her kids)
  • We had a snow storm!
  • I replaced my phone with one that doesn't crash every time I try and send a text, and it was free :P

But as for the challenge itself? I've utterly bombed it and I'm feeling so incredibly apathetic about the whole thing that I'm not even trying anymore, which would be really upsetting if I was capable of feeling anything about it. I was pretty excited about this one and made a really nice little plan that I thought was going to work for me and it lasted all of a week before it all went to hell. While I'm not mad at myself for failing it (my cat dying is pretty solid excuse to not want to do much of anything) I'm still mildly annoyed that I didn't put the effort into it. But at the same time I feel totally incapable of caring about it. Curse my brain and it's lack of emotional balance!

• Like 1

And today got better...

The snow bank out back at work is so huge my delivery driver cannot get to the back door and had to roll all of my stuff in through a 6 foot stretch of road salt, sand and disgusting slushy snow over my perfectly clean floors to the back room of my work place... he was in my way for 15 minutes because I was not able to work at my prep table because he had to pass by me every minute or two.... my pre closer last night thought it would be an awesome idea to pan all of my frozen bread on filthy trays with unwashed liners (so yeah, that all got pitched...) My cooling rack broke and dumped 6 full trays of uncooked bread onto my ankle and then on to the floor, and 6 nearly searing hot cookie trays onto my ankle and then on to the floor... Then the timer on the oven opted to just stop working and I burned 6 trays of bread...

All of this on inventory day, when we are expecting our super anal field inspector to walk in at any second and during a mild snow storm... which has now turned into rain...

So I've got a mildly burned, badly bashed up right ankle to deal with and I will likely be trekking to work over 200 meters of black ice tomorrow morning at 5:30 :(

• Sad 1

Oofda!

All of the warm, good, happy, vibes your way!

FWIW, I think you are completely validated on falling off the radar with the kitty death. I know how hard that can be. It sucks that life is crapping on you right now. 

I still <3 you!

• Like 1