• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sylvaa

Sylvaa [Hardcore Druid]

5 hours ago, Wolfen said:

gallery_1_6_4517600.gif 

Hilariously accurate given the way my day has gone. Extra work from the past two weeks has resulted in additional extra work. 

Thanksgiving went really well (we do ours on Saturday) and I didn't go crazy with extra food, so by Sunday almost all leftovers had been consumed. I left Sunday night to head down to NC for a 9:00 am meeting today. The drive was uneventful, but this time of year is always iffy at night - there are a ton of deer all over the place and they seem to have a penchant for hitting cars. 

Also, as I was replying, my computer blue screened. It's fine, it got better.

To top it off, I forgot underwear this week. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Hilariously accurate given the way my day has gone. Extra work from the past two weeks has resulted in additional extra work. 

No good Deed goes Un-punished!

3780138417_609d0c714a_z.jpg

Hope things go well. As for going Commando, I am sure there is a large store around that will allow you to replace some of the old ones you had with a fresh set. :) 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GregT. said:

Hope things go well. As for going Commando, I am sure there is a large store around that will allow you to replace some of the old ones you had with a fresh set. :) 

This is totally what I ended up doing - and also buying my girls some Christmas pj's while I was there. Also note: buying new resulted in me also washing them in the hotel room sink (with hand soap no less) before wearing. 

Today is a work in the team room kind of day, so I should get caught up and (hopefully) a little more organized going into the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, Yasha92 said:

Following~

Yay! BTW - I love the new hair cut! I saw it on the Academy and I think I liked it, but I've been really limiting my FB time / posting, so I didn't tell you.

• Like 4

Yay! BTW - I love the new hair cut! I saw it on the Academy and I think I liked it, but I've been really limiting my FB time / posting, so I didn't tell you.

Yay! I like it too! I washed it for the first time last night and went to bed with it still wet, now I have to figure out how to get it under control coz it’s sticking up everywhere XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

Yay! I like it too! I washed it for the first time last night and went to bed with it still wet, now I have to figure out how to get it under control coz it’s sticking up everywhere XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#pixieproblems

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

I do this on purpose. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I get the I am trying to do better, Hubby is kinda like "well, I guess" and kids.. good luck.

Replace hubby with wifey and this is my life.

• Like 2

So I'm actually better than I thought this challenge, all things considering.

I need some help though. I'm all over the place. I've talked to @MichiruSedai about being "start over" accountability buddies and I've harassed Shello (I love how tagging only sometimes works) with pictures of my food (for the most part, I did not let her see the pizza yesterday). 

First of all, my BuJo is only halfway working. Like, I've got lists of things to do, but then I've got so much else going on that my "to do" list gets buried and next thing I know everything is a priority and I've not done as much as I need to. So then I definitely go into "screw this" mode and get distracted. The tomato timer on FireFox is definitely helping, but not enough. How do you stay organized with tasks (specifically work related, but not entirely)? 

Also, I've got the beginnings of a migraine and a meeting at 1. This will not be super fun.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

First of all, my BuJo is only halfway working. Like, I've got lists of things to do, but then I've got so much else going on that my "to do" list gets buried and next thing I know everything is a priority and I've not done as much as I need to. So then I definitely go into "screw this" mode and get distracted. The tomato timer on FireFox is definitely helping, but not enough. How do you stay organized with tasks (specifically work related, but not entirely)? 

Is this for work or non-work stuff? Or both?

• Like 1

Just now, NeverThatBored said:

Is this for work or non-work stuff? Or both?

My BuJo is for both, but I have them separated. The "to do list of death" is specifically work related.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Sylvaa said:

My BuJo is for both, but I have them separated. The "to do list of death" is specifically work related.

I struggle with work to do lists too. I'm constantly making new ones and getting sidetracked. The system I usually use is to write new lists every few days, and highlight and/or number the 3-5 key things I want to get done each day. If it's in a numbered order I'm more motivated to get it done because I'm an achievement junkie. I also use a pomodoro timer when I really need to focus on something too. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I also use a pomodoro timer when I really need to focus on something too. 

I definitely already have started incorporating this, which has been really helpful. I waiver between having everything online and everything on paper. I think maybe I need a running online to do list and then a paper things to do today list? But that seems like a lot of overlap? I don't know. 

• Like 3

11l6r29.jpg

I HATE/LOATH/Despise lists. I try to focus on whats in front of me. Not sure what your job is sylvaa, but in my job (school psychologist, meaning I serve about 7 schools and 30+ teachers...everything they give me is a 'crisis/rush job,' which gives me the above sentiment).

I learned in my previous job (mental health worker) to set realistic goals/to do lists. I try to pick 2-3 tasks each day (aside from the normal todo things) and focus on those. Wife unit, on the other hand, LOVES lists. I mean, really loves lists...like I have to give her alone time with her lists...*shiver* Sometimes, by the time she's done making a list, I've done half the things on it :D . 

Try not to get too bogged down, if you're going with lists, I'd say have one list, in one place, and run with that. Otherwise you might get sucked into spending too much time managing the lists instead of rocking out the list and getting crap done

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, farflight said:

Not sure what your job is sylvaa, but in my job (school psychologist, meaning I serve about 7 schools and 30+ teachers...everything they give me is a 'crisis/rush job,' which gives me the above sentiment).

I'm a medical consultant. I have two pieces to my job; I manage initiatives (meaning I work with vendor reps, stakeholders, and end users to determine a course of action and implement) and I provide analytical support (meaning I crunch the numbers). So it's a matter of trying to stay ahead of work that will be due at a later date, prepare for meetings, attend meetings, and then get thrown curve balls because other people can't do their job without the support. 

I've tried a monthly running to do list in the past, but what happened is that nothing got accomplished because too many other things had greater importance. And then things that didn't get done right away became an emergency and got handled last minute throwing everything off (sometimes it took months). What I might need to do is create a master list of all the pieces for each project that need to be completed and then go from there. 

I also have a rule about completing at least three things every day, which has recently been bumped up to five. But I'm still playing catch up. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

How do you stay organized with tasks (specifically work related, but not entirely)? 

I use google calendar to do  a lot of it. I set timers for Meetings, but it is actually work things I need to do and have to divide my time amongst.  I set it so it goes off 5 mins before I have to change tasks so I can finish a thought or make a note, then save teh work.  Then I get to the next task when the buzzer comes up.  As for Work/Not really work stuff, I prioritize it based on it's level of need not on if it is work or not.  If it is important enough that it will take me away from work if I don't get it done, it gets on the calendar.  

I hope that helps and good luck on the meeting and migraine.  If you need more food accountability, put it on MFP and I will look after it.

• Like 3

Okay, first off. I love the name list of death. Mine is list of doom, so I get it.

2 things that may help.

A) I break all the big scary jobs (mostly at home, but work too) into smaller "5 minute jobs" it takes longer when you work on it, then do something else sometimes, but it allows me to get a bit more done per day. I have 5 minutes till I leave with the kids, what can I work on.

b.) I sort my list of Doom into sections, (room, holiday, work, ect) that way I can see what is there. Then I update every few weeks and cross off the stuff that is done and add the new things that have popped up. Or I add as I think of it, but retype every few weeks.

Hope that helps. I understand the doing all the things. I am there with you. if you find something that works, let me know.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, GregT. said:

If you need more food accountability, put it on MFP and I will look after it.

While I appreciate this, I am not capable of using MFP. Well, I am, but it doesn't put me in a good head space. 

I forgot to mention, yesterday was also my son's birthday! Yay! A 17 year-old! Holy crap have I come a loooong way since then. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

but it doesn't put me in a good head space. 

Happy birthday to your son.  I am sorry it does not work for you, but the offer stands if yo need it.  

• Like 1