• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bean Sidhe

Bean Sidhe Vs Chaos: Entering the Library

Intro stuff for those who care to read it:

Spoiler

I am a mom to 2 Agents of Chaos (Eldest and Youngest), and 3 fur agents (Agent Black (kitten), Agent Feline (older cat) and Agent K9 (dog)). I am married and I work part time. I also go to college while being that mom that helps at the school and is the first one teachers call when they need something. I garden and could almost call it homestead somewhat with canning food to last the year.

Things are not easy sometimes (most of the time). I am trying to balance everything while still maybe finding something for me in the process. I am learning to try and juggle all the things while still helping here at home. There is no "go to the gym" time with kids in activities 4 nights a week and my work and schoolwork. The semester is ending, and that brings a new level of chaos called finals that I must also master.

Long term goals: Get healthy, get control of the chaos so its less chaos, and either avoid or learn to handle the rocks being thrown at me better.

While walking down the path that I am hoping leads to where I want to be, I find an open door.. As it is winter and cold and wet with snow threatening to have another blizzard hit, the inviting warmth from inside pulls me in. Once I step inside, I find a door into the middle of the woods behind me. The building is warm and large, however there is no one home. However, the room is very large and I realize I somehow stumbled into the Library through the magical Back Door.

The thing of this library is, it never talks. It just gives you this feeling, or something will just appear to help you figure out what to do. It seems that the library wants me to train to be a Librarian. It knows I cannot stay, but it wants me to learn from it, to help me on my path. A picture of the usual occupants falls from the ceiling at me, and I get the idea what I should do. I will take a break here for the next month, out of the cold, and hopefully not get lost or make the wrong turn that can cause me to go backwards in my journey in the Chaos that surrounds the holidays.

tumblr_inline_nhfetcIe0p1rm1yz6.gif

The Librarians are out, helping Santa figure out who he is (or who stole his sled, depending on the moment) or fighting the frost giants. I am to stay here, guard the Library and learn from it. So in my time here, I hope to:

Plan like Flynn:. The head librarian (I guess you could call him), Flynn was the ultimate student, never wanting to graduate, and he knows so many thing. In fact, he is almost addicted to learning and can plan his way out of the worst situations. I need a plan to succeed, so this will be my planning time.  (1 pt)

tenor.gif

Strong Like Eve:  The guardian of the librarians… Strong and capable and a solider. Always the first to throw herself into trouble to protect the others. I need to be strong, stay on my leg lifts, sit ups, pushups and reverse sit ups.  (1 pt)

ThisDeliciousAbyssiniangroundhornbill.gi

Flexible like Ezekiel: The Master thief, who can use his technical knowledge and his flexibility to get what he wants. Even if it’s not the best of ideas. He will always make sure the team is safe, and in many cases, he will make it look like he isn’t trying to. Work on my flexibility: Do my Yoga, wrist extension stretches, toe touches, butterfly, ballet stretch (1 pt)

f9b5fe761ac0151d701594c4698585925bbf77c9

Focus on Family Like Stone:  Stone has a strong sense of family, and not just blood family. He has fought his demons in understanding he can step away, but he will always protect those he considers family.  I need to remember to focus on my own Agents. Spend time with Agents  (1 pt)

599305aa29756a0b2c0d99225878633f7594ee50

Be Positive like Cassandra: Cassandra is brilliant, with Math and Science being her specialty since she can hallucinate to calculate the formulas or solutions to problems because she faces a rare cancer (also called her brain grape). Cassandra develops a strong ability in magic and faces her own impending death at the hands of the brain tumor lovingly called “brain grape” while still being happy, always positive and cheery. Almost to a fault.  Find 1 good thing a day and write it done in spread sheet (1 pt)

tumblr_nign9hGIYh1tfbtrwo1_400.gif  

Cassandra is given an offer by the Lake: Also Cassandra is offered a job as a Lady in the Lake (yes, that lake), but turns it down to stay with the library. The Ladies of the Lake believe science and magic will become one. In the honor of these ladies, who have saved a few Librarians and returned a cherished friend, I will make a point focus on water. I need to drink 120 of water a day (1 pt).

Keep things Tidy like Jenkins: While Jenkins has another more famous name, he is the caretaker of the library (well the annex, but don’t get him started on that). So I need to keep things picked up in the kitchen (Peninsula and Island), Table, Desk and bathroom. (1 pt)

tumblr_ok9oy2DTnS1vtdqjro1_400.gif

Be organized like the Library: Here is the thing. The library is its own… being. Having this many magical artifacts held within it, it almost has to be. I need to keep working on organizing my surroundings.  So I need to work on organizing a room for at least 5 minutes a day, be it my bedroom, computer room, basement. If I get them all, I get a new artifact (Okay, gold stars, work with me).  (1 pt)

Fly Like Cal:  So I can’t fly like Excalibur (yes that Cal), but he is fast and energetic. Both things I need to work on.  Best way to do that is to keep walking. I need to walk my 10,500 and hopefully at least 15 minutes a day.  (2 pt)

tumblr_ngfhqwVKsA1u5x25bo4_250.gif

• Like 6

Things I know I need to accomplish. Lets hope I get it all done. I Know I am forgetting something, but this is the starter list

Things that must get done during this challenge:

• Figure out why roof is leaking
  • Change signature
  • Update bullet journal
  • Activity for boy last night
  • edit this list
  • Pull Brocolli, leeks and brussel sprouts
  • Set up challenge
  • Help at Youngest class
  • Figure out when I need to help in class
  • Move berry pots
  • Thanksgiving
  • Proper list of doom
  • Schedule Chosen Family Christmas
  • schedule another family Christmas
  • holiday shopping (Hope to be done by end of challenge)
    • Icelandic Book flood for Agents
  • Youngest Winter party (help at school)
  • Help at school for Youngest a different day
  • Make dentist appt  with real dentist
  • Finish up work for Winter break
  • email out version one of christmas lists
  • clean up christmas list and email out version 2
  • School
    • Big project about Ants
    • last of regular week homework
    • FINALS
    • Last part of big paper in other class
  • Holiday cards
    • Design
    • print
    • mail
    •  
  • Schedule Youngest Agent's birthday Party
  • Plan Youngest Agents Birthday
  • Invitations for Birthday party
    • Design
    • Print
    • Mail
  • Decorate outside
  • Decorate inside
    • Make room for tree
    • Put up tree with lights
    • Put ornaments up
  • Like 7

BEEEEEAAANNNN!!!!!!! What a kick-ass challenge. You've got a helluva list of things to accomplish in the next four weeks, as usual. I look forward to cheering you on through it all! You got this, lady! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

BEEEEEAAANNNN!!!!!!! What a kick-ass challenge. You've got a helluva list of things to accomplish in the next four weeks, as usual. I look forward to cheering you on through it all! You got this, lady! 

Thanks, I am hoping to just maintain a bit this challenge and not over-stress myself much more than I already am.

Thanks for the cheering. I will need it.

Time to save the world again, I guess. Normal day right?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, fleaball said:

Omg your list is giving me anxiety. You are a superhuman.

I am sorry its stressing you out. What to know a secret, it is stressing me out. And I forgot I had a thing tonight that I was suppose to do. I made it, I did it, but I was not ready for the all the people thing I had to do.

Superhuman no. I wish, maybe I could live without sleep or figure out how to clone myself. But really, I think its more the "Hey, lets see how far I can push myself before falling over."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFM6uQMKV8umrqs0eMIeZ

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I have no idea what this librarian business is about, I assume it's a show, but I'm here. Hello!

Yep, a tv show about a place that collects and protects magical artifacts. Apple of discord, spear of destiny, excalibur... that traps people in scary houses or labyrinths or videogames. Its fun, if you don't mind mashing an I believe button. Originally started as some made for TV movies, and grew into this.

Hi, good to see you and thanks for popping by

• Like 4

So I forgot we had a thing last night to do. Challenge starts today for me. I need a nap, because sleep adn I are apparently not talking. But that is not happening today. and I thought of more for my list for the month. I crossed off a thing too, so thats good right?  Add 4 things, cross 1 off?

• Like 5

I have never heard of this show.  Now I want to watch it, lol.  Can I watch TV instead of having a December?? ;)

You have a lot to do this month, maintenance and sanity sound like the best idea!  You are truly tracking and maintaining a LOT of things, so it's not like you're letting yourself off easy dude!  You know that right?  

I'm super impressed by all you guys who get a new challenge posted on day one of zero week, haha.  I had a puking kid yesterday but hope to get my sh*t together today.

Best of luck!  We can do this holiday crap, yes we can!!!!

• Like 5

Here and following along again. Loved the movies, never watched the show. There is too much to see and not enough exercise during tv watching. I wish I could be one of those people that could exercise AND binge watch shows. Maybe I should put that in a challenge someday! In the meantime I'm with @RevQu let's all just TV!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, RevQu said:

I have never heard of this show.  Now I want to watch it, lol.  Can I watch TV instead of having a December?? ;)

Not going to lie. I love the show. and its one I watch with the Agents (with a few episodes that I say "not this one" to). I am all for watching TV and no december. I could use the down time like you.

7 hours ago, RevQu said:

You have a lot to do this month, maintenance and sanity sound like the best idea!  You are truly tracking and maintaining a LOT of things, so it's not like you're letting yourself off easy dude!  You know that right?  

What do you mean? I am taking it easy and doing nothing all month besides drink hot cocoa and cuddle under a blanket? LOl. I know I am still doing a ton, but this is me trying to not backslide either. Also notice the lack of no sugar goals.

7 hours ago, RevQu said:

I'm super impressed by all you guys who get a new challenge posted on day one of zero week, haha.  I had a puking kid yesterday but hope to get my sh*t together today.

I hope the kid is feeling better that always throws me for a loop too. I only got mine up on day 1 because well, I figured it out like 2 weeks earlier. Usually I am about mid week 0 when I figure out what I want to do.

7 hours ago, RevQu said:

Best of luck!  We can do this holiday crap, yes we can!!!!

We got this. Now to do all the things without getting caught is the hard part

• Like 3

6 hours ago, J3NN said:

Here and following along again. Loved the movies, never watched the show. There is too much to see and not enough exercise during tv watching. I wish I could be one of those people that could exercise AND binge watch shows. Maybe I should put that in a challenge someday! In the meantime I'm with @RevQu let's all just TV!

I loved the movies too. When the series came on, I ahd to watch it and fell in love. Its very true to the movies. I watch so little tv and I don't always catch it, but I am going to try to catch the new season that starts in like a month. Plus since the seasons are short, its easier to keep up on.

People do treadmill and only watch x show when walking or riding a bike or something. Might work. I just don't think about it when I use the treadmill (I don't know how its all set up).

TV break time really should be a thing.

• Like 4

I just can't keep up with the bullet journal thing. I usually start the week out and then open it up again the following week. 

I watched the first episode of Librarians on Hulu. Should go back and start that again. Well, really I should watch less TV...

Good luck on eliminating your list!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WantMy$2 said:

I just can't keep up with the bullet journal thing. I usually start the week out and then open it up again the following week. 

Last challenge went like that. I started it, then I put the book somewhere and forgot about it. I am trying again since its nice to have a record of my sit ups and things that I can't get with just a cross off app or something.

I watched the first episode of Librarians on Hulu. Should go back and start that again. Well, really I should watch less TV...

Librarians is awesome. However, I understand the less TV thing. Sometimes its that "What I want" vs "What I should do" moments

Good luck on eliminating your list!

Thanks, I am trying slowly it seems.  But it needs done. I also thought of more for the list today. Not going to update just yet.

• Like 2

So day one is going okay. But Now I am catching myself avoiding homework and the goals because well, I am tired, I am getting sick and graph traversals are boring.

no more stalling, will update tomorrow. Back to work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Librarians is awesome. However, I understand the less TV thing. Sometimes its that "What I want" vs "What I should do" moments

I understand that. I'm on break for the week and while I had great intentions, I'm on my 19th episode of The Office today.

• Like 3

On 11/20/2017 at 2:43 PM, Bean Sidhe said:

Things I know I need to accomplish. Lets hope I get it all done. I Know I am forgetting something, but this is the starter list

Things that must get done during this challenge:

• Figure out why roof is leaking
  • Change signature
  • Update bullet journal
  • Activity for boy last night
  • edit this list
  • Pull Brocolli, leeks and brussel sprouts
  • Set up challenge
  • Help at Youngest class
  • Figure out when I need to help in class
  • Move berry pots
  • Thanksgiving
  • Proper list of doom
  • Schedule Chosen Family Christmas
  • schedule another family Christmas
  • holiday shopping (Hope to be done by end of challenge)
    • Icelandic Book flood for Agents
  • Youngest Winter party (help at school)
  • Help at school for Youngest a different day
  • Make dentist appt  with real dentist
  • Finish up work for Winter break
  • email out version one of christmas lists
  • clean up christmas list and email out version 2
  • School
    • Big project about Ants
    • last of regular week homework
    • FINALS
    • Last part of big paper in other class
  • Holiday cards
    • Design
    • print
    • mail
    •  
  • Schedule Youngest Agent's birthday Party
  • Plan Youngest Agents Birthday
  • Invitations for Birthday party
    • Design
    • Print
    • Mail
  • Decorate outside
  • Decorate inside
    • Make room for tree
    • Put up tree with lights
    • Put ornaments up

And people wonder why I don't have kids... :P

Following the thread, mainly on principle.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

And people wonder why I don't have kids... :P

Following the thread, mainly on principle.

Glad to have your following. SOme of that I was doing before the kids. I love the holidays,  I hate the prep for them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WantMy$2 said:

I understand that. I'm on break for the week and while I had great intentions, I'm on my 19th episode of The Office today.

This I totally get. There is that whole "I have like 4 days off" to do all the things. It turns into "wait, how did I just lose 2 days?" 

• Like 2

Today I was the crazy lady out walking when it was 28 out. I did about 2.5 miles and I feel really good. now to focus on homework for the day since goal is to have all the homework done by friday so I can focus on the big project I need to work on.

So into the books I go. I still need to update for yesterday, but I got everythign done, so thats a plus.

• Like 5

On 11/20/2017 at 4:43 PM, Bean Sidhe said:

Lets hope I get it all done.

I believe in you.

Side note: I really need to watch The Librarians again.

On 11/20/2017 at 4:50 PM, fleaball said:

Omg your list is giving me anxiety. You are a superhuman.

You're really good at making people feel like they could kick a hole in the universe. I admire that.

Missed you both. Keep in touch, and let me know if I can help in any way.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Wolfen said:

I believe in you.

Thank you Wolfen. That means so much.

Side note: I really need to watch The Librarians again.

New season starts Dec 13th, part of what inspired the challenge.

You're really good at making people feel like they could kick a hole in the universe. I admire that.

@fleaball is really good at that isn't she.

I will swing by and look for your challenge. I fell into a weird hole and never left rebels last challenge. I may have to change that.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Wolfen said:

I want this to be the only line in my obituary. 

7 hours ago, Wolfen said:

<3 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I want this to be the only line in my obituary. 

Anyone reading it who didn't get the opportunity to know you would be both very confused and very bummed about missing out. 

Everyone should get the chance to meet someone who makes them feel like they can kick a hole in the universe, after all. 

• Like 4