The Arruvia Conspiracy - Around the World

WhiteGhost

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

This thread just keeps dissing out them music flashbacks...

Hahah it showed me you'd commented on this thread and I immediately knew you'd post that song! 

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

On 12/23/2017 at 7:12 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

Wow, it looks amazing. My mouth is watering right now. You did good!

On 12/25/2017 at 2:12 AM, Mad Hatter said:

It all looks amazing! From not knowing how to cook at all to preparing a feast on that scale is extremely impressive, especially in the time scale. Awesome job! :) 

Thanks, I have been very happy with this challenge.  Closing summary coming sooooon

On 12/24/2017 at 2:27 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

This thread just keeps dissing out them music flashbacks....

On 12/24/2017 at 5:18 AM, deftona said:

Hahah it showed me you'd commented on this thread and I immediately knew you'd post that song! 

On 12/24/2017 at 8:27 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

We are, after all, music twins

One of the great things about hanging out here at NF is I am getting exposed to all kinds of music I never heard before :) 

• Like 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

OK, summary time!  Let's take a look and see how things went:

On 11/21/2017 at 11:50 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Mission 1: Assassin Stuff

For my workouts this time I am going to specifically focus in EVERY direction.  I'm talking up, down, front, back, left, right and center.  All of them! 

So how is this going to work?  Following my last challenge, I have narrowed down a few exercises that I want to improve in over the next month, and each one has a directional focus:

Up: L-Sit and Chest-to-Bar Pullups

Down: Handstand Pushups

Front: Front Levers

Back: Back Levers

Left/Right: Single Leg Deadlifts and Squats

Center: Core stuff

I am still working through how I want to put these together into a routine, or if I want to divide them up.  I will play around with it for week 0 and then make a decision (which will still probably get tweaked as I go)

I ended up needing about 2 weeks to finally find a leg program I liked, but I was very happy with it once I finally got it.  I am going to need to keep this up because I am going to need my leg strength for one of my key objectives for 2018 (hint: #doyouevenflip)  The upper body workout was also very good, I made a lot of progress on my front and back levers and also hand stand push ups.  The only one of my four focus areas that I don't feel I made much progress on was  muscle ups, but That is partly because it is hard to work on the transitions with such a low ceiling.  Once Springs gets here I will get back into the MU progressions in a big way.

Mission 2: More Assassin Stuff

I have finally figured out a way to make stretching both interesting and effective for me.  It worked great the last challenge so I will keep it as is for this one as well.  Focus areas continue to be hips (forward fold, front & side splits), ankles (3rd world squat, wall lean), and shoulders (back scratch, wall lean).  I may also add in some wrist stuff, but for now that will be mostly ad hoc.

This went pretty well and I made progress in pretty much focus area, but the biggest area was shoulder mobility (as measured by back scratchers).  I did not have a good stretching day when I took my measurements, though so the numbers don't show a lot of progress.  The pictures below tell the story best, but for reference I am also putting in my measurements:

Oct 19 Nov 20 Dec 25 Note
Toe Touch 15.5cm 2cm 19cm Distance from floor
Forward Split (L) 168cm 176cm 183cm Distance apart
Forward Split (R) 170cm 183cm 184cm Distance apart
Center Split 129cm 169cm 165cm Distance apart
Back Scratch (L) 7.5cm 4cm -2cm Distance apart
Back Scratch (R) 4cm -2cm -4cm Distance apart
Ankle Bend (L) 10cm 10cm 11cm Distance from wall
Ankle Bend (R) 8cm 10cm 10cm Distance from wall

Spoiler

OK, this isn't labelled but the top left picture is from Oct 19, the bottom left is from Nov 20 and the top right is from Dec 25.

4TbU9Jeg.gif

llwqqi4.gif

17Xtkee.gifuhw3KKa.gif

UyF5Snj.gif

i6TssS6.gif

Mission 3: Foooooooood

This year I decided I wanted to become someone that knows how to cook.  For the last few challenges I have been doing 1 new meal each week and have been really enjoying it.  I also want to keep this one going, and the recipe ideas from everyone here have been great.  I was a bit alarmed to discover that over the course of the last challenge my weight went up 9kgs and BF% went up about 4% (according to my "smart" scale).  My pants that used to be too big are starting to fit again so I think I probably should be more careful with goes into my mouth.  On the other hand, I was intentionally eating more as I have never tried bulking before so it was a bit of an experiment.  Overall I am not too worried because my chest and arms got bigger faster than my waist, but for this challenge I want to try for a bit cleaner bulk.  Will be really hard to keep from doing another dirty bulk with both Thanksgiving and Christmas, though, but we'll see.  

I am ecstatic about how well this went.  Goal of becoming a person who cooks: smashed!  I love the freedom that comes with being able to cook whatever I feel like, and also dealing with random food like having someone bring over a freshly slaughtered duck:) I still have a lot of work until I become someone who cooks well, but I am enjoying the journey :) 

Mission 4: Do a Good Turn Daily

When I was a boy scout, we were supposed to "do a good turn daily", which meant doing something for someone else every day.  I have not given this much thought in the intervening years, but recently it has been gnawing at me that maybe I am bit too self-focused.  For this challenge I want to look outward, and see if I can find at least one opportunity to help someone else.  That could mean a family member, a coworker, friend or even a random stranger.  I am not going to set any specific pass/fail marker for this as I have no idea how successful it will be.  I am hoping it will help me to adjust my mindset, if nothing else.

This one I knew was going to be hard to track and that I wouldn't find something to do every day, but I am happy with it for 2 reasons:

I was able to get into a mindset that allowed me to take advantage of opportunities to help people when they came up

I was able to keep my outlook more outward focused, helping me to be more patient and forgiving

Because of these, I am calling this one a win as well

Overall summary for this challenge: smashing success, putting me in a good place to make 2018 a great year

Thank to everyone here who helped me through the challenge!  I will be out for the next week or so I go to the US for my sister's wedding, but I will be back with a new challenge sometime in the first week of January

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

true testament to what you can accomplish when you dedicate yourself! have fun at the wedding!

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Amazing challenge! You did so much during these weeks!

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

(hint: #doyouevenflip)

I'm happy to see you're still thinking about this... C'mon, do it!

Resultado de imagen de backflip fail gif

Enjoy the wedding!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

I had a few hours before leaving for the airport this morning, so I kept up my tradition of ending my challenge with a bang. I got in two circuits of my upper body and two circuits of lower body before I ran out of time. 

On my way to the airport now :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Level 2 Ninja

On 28/12/2017 at 5:33 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I had a few hours before leaving for the airport this morning, so I kept up my tradition of ending my challenge with a bang. I got in two circuits of my upper body and two circuits of lower body before I ran out of time.

Impressive!

Have a nice flight!

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Back and new challenge is up

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja