Daily Dare (Nov 26 - Dec 30)

Carpet angels were kind of miserable. I positioned myself badly on the mat, so I had to hold my head awkwardly...but not quite awkwardly enough to want to start over.

Carpet angels + EC

Hollow body hold + EC. I was pretty sure those would be fully miserable but possible (I usually only do these for 30 sec at a time, and with my hands by my sides). Guessed right.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I was really concerned that I was not going to make it to the full 60 seconds for the Hollow Body, but I was able to squeak through.  My lower back was starting to creep up off of the floor by the end though :( 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Almost forgot the Dare today, only remembering as I was finishing up my leg workout.  My legs were not happy having this tacked onto the end of the workout.

Leg lifts and whatever yesterday was (who can remember that far back :( ) both done for EC

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Haven't updated recently but I have done all of the challenges for EC up through reverse lunges. (so far I have only missed the speedbag one)

Level 2 Ninja

On 12/17/2017 at 9:08 PM, WhiteGhost said:

I was really concerned that I was not going to make it to the full 60 seconds for the Hollow Body, but I was able to squeak through.  My lower back was starting to creep up off of the floor by the end though :( 

I did ok on that one, but couldn't eke out the EC on the leg raises (I only made it to 26 before I had to rest). I was feeling those in my lower back quite a bit.

8 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Haven't updated recently but I have done all of the challenges for EC up through reverse lunges. (so far I have only missed the speedbag one)

Gotcha...I believe that brings you to 50/52. Jonfirestar hasn't updated in a while, so we'll see where he stands. I'm at 45...gonna be tight to reach titanium (haven't made it yet). I can only miss 3 more points. Come on Darebee, be kind!

• Like 1

Oct/Nov 2016

I have done today's jumping heal clicks with ec, and a little while ago, was it the 15th, I did the 3' speed bag punches in 3 sets, so no EC for that. Sadly that's been what I did so far... one or two dares per week, thats not a lot at all. Putting me at 10 points, place 8, and unable to reach silver (30) by the end of next week (8 more days), even if I get all dares and their ec. But I am going to get as many as I can.

I'm a Ranger. It is known.

How have you guys fared?

---

Stay strong. Dream true. Walk tall.
-- Charles de Lint

• Like 1

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

1 hour ago, Morag said:

I have done today's jumping heal clicks with ec, and a little while ago, was it the 15th, I did the 3' speed bag punches in 3 sets, so no EC for that. Sadly that's been what I did so far... one or two dares per week, thats not a lot at all. Putting me at 10 points, place 8, and unable to reach silver (30) by the end of next week (8 more days), even if I get all dares and their ec. But I am going to get as many as I can.

I'm a Ranger. It is known.

How have you guys fared?

Hey there Katrin, honor those 10 points, you worked for them!

And you know points are just "pretend" anyway. If you want to get silver, make yourself an extra column, and give yourself as much time as you need :-)

Got the jumping heel clicks today. They were kind of fun and kind of tiring. I wanted to stop, but sure as heck didn't want to have to start over.

• Like 1

Oct/Nov 2016

Done some of the diver pushups, but I checked the dare out this morning when I got up (and the youtube video was waiting for me) but then I forgot about it, until 4 minutes to midnight, I did do 10 before I checked the time again, 23:59, that's it: modified dare for me for the 23rd: only 10 diver pushups.

---

Stay strong. Dream true. Walk tall.
-- Charles de Lint

• Like 1

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Calf raises and meditation both done for EC. Meditation was hard as it as the first time to ever try it. I failed the first time through but the second attemp I was able to do it. :)

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja

Seagulls for EC done today and oh boy, they were the hardest one I have come across yet.  I really had to dig deep to get through these in one go.

Level 2 Ninja

On 12/24/2017 at 4:29 PM, Inazea said:

Since I've been sick for the past 10 days I couldn't do any more dares, I probably won't reach Silver but I'll try to get some more points in anyways without exhausting myself too much.

Do what you can. Hope you feel better soon!

Let's see...I think I last posted with the reverse lunges, or maybe the hop clicks. I've been able to make it through all the dares with EC since then.

...but after reading White Ghost's post, I looked back at the Seagulls and see that I didn't do them quite right. The version I did was easier (raised my arm out to the side rather than forward and then to do the side). But at the time I thought I was doing the right thing. Does it seem fair to give the "correct" version a try and keep the points if I'm able to do it? ...Gonna try it in a few minutes regardless :-)

• Like 2

Oct/Nov 2016

I say take the points either way. Even the 'easier' version was tough enough, and the instructions weren't exactly clear, so if I were judging this you would get full points :)

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

Thanks for the generosity! I just did it, and it wasn't too bad. I'm completely surprised that one was hard for you (don't mean that in a bad way, I just know you are really strong). I guess everyone is different! Maybe because you are more muscular than I am it's somehow more work. ...unless you did some kind of extra-hard version. You didn't stay in a one-armed plank the whole time did you? You are right that the directions weren't very clear! You do get to put your arm down between reps (I just googled it and found a video...not sure if you can see the videos where you are).

Oct/Nov 2016

Uh, I kept the plank going the whole time and alternated arms. So plank, lift arm to the front, swing to the side and back up to the front, lower arm back to plank and repeat with opposite arm.

Ghostlet did them with me and he didn't think they were hard either (although he also went as fast as possible without regard for form, so that is also a factor)

I didn't bother checking for a video, I just guessed based on the description :)

ETA: I also tried not to go into side plank rotation at all, i.e. I tried to keep my torso from moving at all while my arms did their thing

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

p.s. Does anyone want to do another round? I can start it again for Jan 1, and we'll be perfectly on cycle. I'm gonna take the first week of Jan mostly off, but I would be happy to set up the website and jump in on the dares from time to time. (It's also ok if people want a break from this)

Oct/Nov 2016

Yes, I finished my skiers today for EC after he wedding, still wearing my tie :D

Are we done now or still one more day?  If we are done then I got all the points except for the 2 from speedboxing

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja