• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GregT.

Powering on to Curacao, Continues....

Having a moment of weakness.

I am still really tired from the meds I have for my Sinus infection and my Workout partner just told me he won't make the workout today due to friend coming into the country and needing to be picked up at airport.

So I have a real urge to just not go.    I am tired, and not motivated.  I have a big lift scheduled today too, Deadlifts, Bench press and then Suitcase Deadlifts.  These are usually plenty to get me motivated to go, but I think my motivator is broken.  I am going to go, but I really need to get it together to make the session intense.  I will be by myself so I can really keep the intervals close, just probably can't do as much weight on Bench since no spotter. 

I'm going because the guilt of not going, plus I have not missed a workout without cause i.e. work in the way since September.  Also I have meetings on Sunday and Monday afternoon which will preclude my getting a workout in.  Damn it, you guys are good.  thanks, I am going and I am going to beast it up I think.   Thanks for the pep talk !

So I will attack the pointy trees, and wooden walls that would be my fear of the Temple today and I shall do so with abandon!

VIKING+BERSERKER.jpg

• Like 4

Even going with slightly less effort is better than not going at all, so put on a great workout playlist and crank up the intensity.

You got this!

• Like 1

On 12/6/2017 at 7:08 AM, GregT. said:

but more than that, I hate this attitude

You don't say! Wow, she acted as if you're an idiot who can't think for yourself and don't know what is going on with your body.

On 12/6/2017 at 7:08 AM, GregT. said:

2 weeks and I get to see my Wife in CURACAO!

So happy for you! And I like the battle plan ;) I think she'll love it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Even going with slightly less effort is better than not going at all, so put on a great workout playlist and crank up the intensity.

Well, I did just that.  I went to the gym, I changed into my workout gear, with my Luke I am your Spotter T-Shirt:

61o8nx+DBoL._UL1500_.jpg

And my Enduracool Head covering.:  

06c94d8b0554bf8539a3989ebb413e0a.jpg

And went in the weight area.  I walk in and there is a guy just sitting on a bench chilling out.  I see a loaded barbell on the floor and it has the exact weight I plan to use for deadlifts on it.  SO I ask if he is lifting and he says no.  My gym has an extreme problem of people dropping the mic when it comes to putting weights away.  Half of the good lifting I do is clearing the bars when I get done lifting or to get eh weights I need.  Anyway, I meander over to the power outlet plug in my USB speaker and set up the temple of Fe 5 day playlist and am greeted by Hailstorm!  This drives the guy just chilling out of the gym, so I have it all to myself.

I am not really feeling it so the idea of doing 10 sets of Deadlifts with 120 kg (265 lbs) is not appealing.  I had been doing 110 kg (242 lbs) for the last couple weeks, well 3 weeks and the last session I did was on Sunday.  I decided that even though I was still getting a good workout I wanted to bump it up.  So I did.   I was originally doing standard 5 set pyramid workout on Deadlifts and my PB so far was 145 kg ( 320 lbs).  My partner and I had not really seen much change in our max so a month ago I decided to try doing time under tension training but couldn’t figure out how to do it with deadlift so I asked the Oracle and doing 65% of the max and doing 10 sets of 5 should help build strength and get through the plateau.  Well, I am not planning to max out until the new year to get a 2018 Max baseline.   But I am really happy I was able to get all 10 sets in with good form with 10 kg more weight at 120 kg (265 lbs). Since I was alone today and no one even in the gym, I decided to do a similar thing with Benchpress which was on the menu for today.  My 3 rep max is only 115 kg ( 253 lbs) and I have only been able to do that 1 time so far.  So I dropped it to 60 kg and did 10 sets of 8.  I also got the bright idea I should superset this as well with the deadlifts.  

Well, I got all of the sets in and completed with good form.  Bt I was absolutely whipped.  I did 20 sets in 43 mins.    I was supposed to do Decline and Incline Bench as well as Suitcase Deadlifts, but I was just wiped out.  So I called the day.  It took me over 2 mins to regain my breath and bring my HR down to under 100 after the last set of Deadlifts.  

I did it, I got a workout in, and it was beast for a short period lol.  My workout partner is MIA for this weekend so I think I am going to try the broken obstacle course on my base this weekend and do some calisthenics a La WhiteGhost, just not as awesome.  Maybe I will do some walking on soft ground and see how my foot feels like.    I have Physical therapy again on Saturday afternoon, so maybe I can have a new try for the Physical Therapist.  

Thanks for the support and You were right Deffy, something is better than nothing.  This had me hit my minimum number of gym days for the challenge today.  I needed 3 and this was the third.  Keeping me on track, that what you are all doing and I appreciate it.

This is what all of you did for me today since I had no partner.

your-ultimate-guide-to-spotting-graphic-

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

You don't say! Wow, she acted as if you're an idiot who can't think for yourself and don't know what is going on with your body.

I know I shouldn't go off on this but it is really annoying.  I know that they need to evaluate and advise but before you do, find out about the person you are working with you know?  I mean I could have been a Doctor and she wouldn't have known that either.   Thanks for you Support.

• Like 1

Well, this is a repost of somethgn I put on WildWolfs page in answer to his question " What are yo doing to get ready for 2018?"  I will probably add more as 2018 gets closer.

Well, I read this last night and I was going to pop of an answer and then thought no.  I need to think on it and provide a real answer and do an honest inventory of what I am actually doing to prepare for Jan 1.  

I am reading it starts with food right now, I finished Whole 30 as I had bought it first thinking it was the program, but learned while reading it is not.  That's OK I need to read both.  My first priority is going to be getting my kitchen ready.  I have all of the requisite tools I need but I need to increase my spice rack.  I am doing that over the next several shopping trips as I look over recipes I want to use.  Right now I am sorta doing whole30 with the steak and eggs protocol ( I like that word) because it is well, Steak and eggs.  I have changed it a little because of the cost factor of Steak, and I have done it previously for 6 weeks and I actually got to the point I dreaded eating another perfectly cooked and seasoned ribeye steak.  So now I add in chicken or fish and if need be I buy up the amount of fat I use.  I am also adding in more veggies.  The original plan was small salad at night.  I have implemented adding in Bell Peppers of whatever shade I can find as well as mushrooms into the mix just to give eggs and such a chance to pop a little.  I am also eating up all of my dairy.  I still have cheese left from my Amsterdam trip and I am not just throwing that away.  So I am finishing the Heavy whipping cream and Butter I have in my kitchen for the Steak and Eggs plan, as well as my cheese stocks.  I have already gotten rid of the grains except for some certified gluten free oats, that I use just as a skin treatment.  

As far as workout for Next year I am kind of in a quandary.  I plan to do a MAX lift for the first week of 2018 and get a base line to start the year.  I will then finalize my year long lifting goals based on that.  Right now I have preliminary values that I think are pretty close.  Bench Press, finish 2018 with a 3 rep max of 325 (147.5 kg).  That would be 80 lbs (36.5 kg) higher than my current max.  I am one of those guys that has long arms, like stupid long arms and getting big weight on bench is tough.  My lifetime best was 3 reps of 375 (170 kg), so 325 (147.5 kg) after back to lifting for 15 months would be a good goal I think.  It also depends on my max 1st week of 2018.  If I can do more than my current 3 rep max 250lb (115 kg) I will bump up the end of year goal by that amount.  I can currently Deadlift my weight 330 lbs (150 kg) for 3 reps.  In 2018 I want to be able to do double what my real weight should be, 250 lbs, and max at 500 lbs ( 227 kg) deadlift.  It will be a challenge to get their but I think I can do it and that has always been a mystical number for me.  When I get there I will sneak a camera to the gym and get a picture of that!  I am also planning to continue knee rehab and start doing weighted squats next year.  I have no goal for weight yet or that I even will.  Right now my plan with injuries  to shoulder and bad knees is to do dumbbell squats and work my way up to doing back squats in 2018.  I have an actual plan for this, and it is pretty straight forward.  I am able to do 50 full deep squats every other day.  I am going to continue doing this until I can start doing them every day.  Once I can do them each day I am going to start doing dumbbell squats until I can do 3 sets of 20, 3 days a week using 40 kg (88 lbs ) dumbbells.  Once I can do this, I am going to see how my shoulder works and can I get in position to do back squats.  As of today I cannot reach back and grab the bar with my left hand as I have less shoulder mobility than I need.  If I cannot get in position I will use front squats and probably seek more help on increasing shoulder mobility.  I am hoping that my rate of progress will allow me to be doing the weighted squats by end of first quarter 2018.  In the meantime I will continue to do leg press, extensions and curls.  I am unfortunately already at max on the leg press machine, and am rapidly nearing it on the leg extension and curl machines.

Further goals are to begin vigorous walking/jogging activities as soon as my foot allows.  I am planning to start a slower version of the Couch to 5k program due to the injury.  I am going to start with just walks and on soft ground.  I am going to begin training for OCR, by going to the broken obstacle course behind my gym and trying to do what I can.   I am going to find a race I can sign up for and do it, regardless of anyone else participating and even if I can’t do the whole thing I will finish it.

A lot of this depends on the answer my wife gives me in Curacao as to her decision to move to the UAE with me or I am going to need to find new employment in the USA come August to be with her.  If she decides that she is not coming here, I will be shifting my goals to maintenance and capital conservation and passing out my CV.  I am not going to be derailed on my new quest to become healthier.  I am only going to have to be less aggressive with my fitness goals, and concentrate on more mundane matters.  I will continue with the Whole30, as well as the lifting but once I leave the country my time and or gym availability will be unknown.

For Non fitness related, I am planning to break out the Banjo I brought with me and start learning to play it.  I always wanted to learn and I bought it and it has sat in the case in the corner for almost 2 years now.  That ends in January.  I am going t move it down into my living room and it will live with the remotes for the TV in the carry pocket of the case.   I am slo looking at learning Dutch.  If my wife says no to moving here, I am going to see if she would be interested in Europe.  If so another language would be useful.  I also just want to learn it.   I have had it in other challenges and had to cancel it due to time. I think it is incumbent upon me to make the time now.  I have the sub to Rosetta Stone for it, I need to use it.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, GregT. said:

I think I am going to try the broken obstacle course on my base this weekend and do some calisthenics a La WhiteGhost, just not as awesome.

Don't underestimate your own awesomeness :) 

19 hours ago, GregT. said:

This is what all of you did for me today since I had no partner.

thanks.... ... wait, are you suggesting we were trying to steal your bar in the middle of your lift? :P 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

thanks.... ... wait, are you suggesting we were trying to steal your bar in the middle of your lift?

I thought it was the other way around, I was taking a nice nap on the bench and you were going to drop a bar on me.

4 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Don't underestimate your own awesomeness

Thanks for the compliment, but I cannot compete with your calisthenic workouts, I can only try to emulate them and not hurt myself. :P

• Like 1

Well, After reading through my list of things that I am going to work on for next year and contemplating it while enjoying my coffee.  I came to the realization I didn't have a couple of other things I wanted to do on the list.

I am going to start SCUBA diving again.  I am planning to try it while In Curacao, and am working on the PADI re-cert today! As soon as I finish this post as a matter of fact.  My Mom bought me a SCBA certification for my 16th Birthday.  We didn't have much money after my father died and the family business was suffering since he was sole proprietor.  Well, she knew I loved snorkeling and had a subscription to Skin Diver magazine I paid for myself, so for my 16th B-day she presented me with a Certificate to take a SCUBA course.  She also bought me my first G-Shock watch and my Uncle got me a Nice chisel point Wenoka dive knife.  Just like this one but mine was international orange.

$_1.JPG

Well, I took the course and started my diving adventures.  Growing up in Florida I had a lot of opportunity to dive.  I joined the Sheriff Auxiliary Divers, I was a SCUBA Explorer (BSA), and I had a little side business cleaning peoples pools in the summer using my scuba.  I had a lot of hours in y log book lol.   Fast Forward a few years and I was in the USN.  I had a chance to dive a little in these years as I disliked diving off of SoCal, to deep, to dark and TO COLD!  I did dive while I was deployed around the world including the Middle East and I loved it.  After I got out and was living in SoCal I stopped diving completely until now.  I am looking to do it again after 15 years.  My Mom bought this gift for me because she knew I loved it and it was something she saw me doing my whole life and being healthy and adventurous.  This is from a woman that could not swim, but thought my interest in Diving, white water canoeing, water skiing and pretty much any other water sport you could come up with was great.  She thought I was crazy form jumping off Large rocks and mountains after I ascended them with a belay line and used the cracks to get to the top.  (Oh how I wish I had kept doing Jam climbing!). Well, I did enjoy it and it is something that made me who I am.  I stopped doing ti because I couldn't be bothered to make a 6 hour drive into Mexico to go where the water is warm.  I stopped because like so many other things in my life that have become I used to's, I stopped believing in myself.    No More.  I can do shit.  I may not be as strong, or as fast as I used to be, but I am not dead.  I can do this, I will do this.

So for next year I am going to go diving when I can.  The engineer that is in charge of my entire project is an avid diver, locally.  I have talked to him quite bit about diving and he goes at least once a month year round.  I am going to try and do it as well.  I say when I can, because it is expensive to do here, and I need to replace all of my equipment.  I don't even have a mask and snorkel any longer.  So, that is going in for next year as well.  

scuba-diver-get-wet-car-decal.jpg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, GregT. said:

No More.  I can do shit.  I may not be as strong, or as fast as I used to be, but I am not dead.  I can do this, I will do this.

Yasss!

• Like 2

Well, I tried to do the dive course lol.  I can'r log in to the site to do it.  I have a report into the customer service center.  So we will see what happens.  

I decided since that was a no go I wold go to the optometrist and see if I could schedule an eye exam.  I have been noticing that I am not able to read signs as soon as I normally would when driving.  No headaches or eye strain just not as good visual acuity as I am used to.  Well, imagine my surprise when I show up and they ask if I am busy now.  I said no, I was just going to by a new waste bin.  they say well if I have time they can take me now.  So in I go.  After the exam the optometrist says my eyes are almost exactly the same as my last check 18 months ago.  It seems I am about .1 diaper off f my last check and they don to increase the prescription until you are a .25 out.  Well I describe my problem and he has me look through the mask again and flips a couple dials and WHAM I can see like I used to.  Well he tells me that that is a quarter diopter higher mag than I have right now.  He then tells me that what I am experiencing is that I normally have 20/10 corrected vision, my vision was 20/10 before I needed glasses.  What I am experiencing is normal vision lol.  I have never not seen 20/10 so I thought something was wrong.  So since I haven't used my vision coverage for teh year I elected to buy a pair of dedicated sunglasses.  It was nice to know that I am not losing my vision and that I probably have another 2 years before I need to up my prescription.

So I came back installed my new bin, and checked out the dress code for the resort I am going to end of the month.    I am so excited for this.  I feel like a 7 year old on the way to Disney World for the first time.  Here is where I am going.  I can't wait , I know I just said that but I feel like I am bouncing around inside.  I have a big smile on my face just thinking about it.  

http://www.sunscaperesorts.com

If anyone has been here and has any advice on must do things let me know.  I am planning to get very brown, from all the snorkeling I plan to do as well as sandy from all the time I plan to spend with my wife on the beach.

videoblocks-close-up-on-sand-covered-fee

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

HA HA!  

419d0c8c10db43fad596a97c698e63ed507b0813

I got a reply from PADI and got into my account.  I sat here and drank a bottle of water and did the entire course at one sitting !  I am now RE_ACTIVATED!  I now need to contact my local dive shop and arrange for the in pool sessions and get that done.  I am a certified diver already but water refresher would be good. I am also going to se if they can give me some experience with dive computers.  last time I dived they had just come out and were insanely expensive.  

So the Get Wet Protocol ( I do like that word) is In Progress!

b64171b761634df3c91ffc79ea8afe1b--scuba-

Now I can finally finish my BS!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well it is Saturday Morning. I have been productive so far today. I have done some push ups, leg lifts and pull ups. I also decided after reading a post last night on OCR thread about RRDW and getting it in my head that maybe I should plan to go to this in May. Well, it stuck in there and rattled around all night. After I got done with my planned exercises for today I decided to give it a try. I am worried that I will not be able to make the distance required and be ad rag on everyone else. My foot being injured also is playing in my head. SO I strapped on my cushioniest shoes and headed out. I did 20% of the walk on paving stones before I could get to where I wanted to walk, which is soft sand and loose stone. I am supposed to limit the amount of hard surface walking I do as well as stand on hard surfaces. I figure with cushioned sole shoes ( Sketchers Go Walk) and the soft fine sand I should be good. Well I started walking and I had some minor discomfort in my right foot, but no issue really. I thought I would take into account the couch to 5K protocol ( I do like that word) and do 20 mins of walking in one direction and then come back. the photo call calls for a total of 20 mins but since I was not doing any running. I was also listening to my foot. If it started to bother me, I would stop and return. Well I went past the 20 min mark and felt good. I had some good tunes in my ears and a power walk on. I had to stop once to empty the sand out of my shoes, but that was it. I came back home, and got in my car. I reset the milage, drove to the turn off, put it in 4wd and clocked my distance. I could have easily gone farther but I had come to a good landmark to turn around at and since this is my first foray I thought be conservative. Well It seems I walked 5.3 km (3.3 miles) in 70 mins. I am not setting any speed records but I will take it. I think I can easily get this time to a 5km in 60 mins. If I keep it up, and start making plans to do more long range hikes in the future I believe I can be ready to do a 20 km (12.4 mile) hike jog. I wanted to try a little jogging today but decided that that would be exceptionally stupid. I have PT today at 1330, so I am going to see if I can pop my head into the Doctor and ask what he thinks about my walking plan. I am not going to say anything to the Physical therapist I have. Oh and no, I can't change I asked. Unless I have an objection to it being a woman, which I don't or she actually is not performing the treatment per doctors direction.  So I guess now it is a matter of finding out form the OCR guys if I would be a hindrance to them, and get the rest of the logistics figured out.  I am not looking to put them on the spot. I am looking at if they are planning to do a big group thing and finish as a group or if they are trying to do something faster than I think I can do. I just don't want to book flights and hotel etc, just to go it alone. I can do that closer. I really would like to meet up with some of these folks though, because they really have inspired me to get off the couch and go for a walk instead.

hiking-up-the-dune-cerro.jpg

• Like 5

Brandt also used to scuba, and yip, he hasn't for maybe three, four years now. It is just as expensive down here as it sounds to be up there. Glad you got re-activated though, and refresher courses, especially in safety and equipment are always good. If you guys stay on in UAE, then you can one day book a holiday to come dive in South Africa's Sodwana Bay. Some of the best diving reefs in the world apparently ;)

Glad your eye sight is still good. I found that sometimes when I'm under stress, my eye sight wavers a bit, but it improves as soon as I work off the stress.

Eish you have so much going on, my head is spinning. Going to have to read slower so I can catch up properly.

You are going to this place? Who wouldn't be feeling like a kid and be looking forward to some fun in the sun with their wife, if you are going here? It looks idyllic!

00SD01.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

South Africa's Sodwana Bay. Some of the best diving reefs in the world apparently ;)

I would love to dive this area.  If I get my wife to move here I am planning to go the other direction as well as Europe for vacations.  I Want to go see South Africa, and Australia.  I have been all over the South Pacific, Central Pacific and Eastern pacific but my Wife hasn't.  I would love to show her the places I have been.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GregT. said:

I would love to dive this area.  If I get my wife to move here I am planning to go the other direction as well as Europe for vacations.  I Want to go see South Africa, and Australia.  I have been all over the South Pacific, Central Pacific and Eastern pacific but my Wife hasn't.  I would love to show her the places I have been.  

That would be amazing! I really hope things turn out this way for both of yours' sake.

Just got back from the gym and I feel AMAZING!  Good work out.  Deadlifts again today with my partner.  We did the same workout I did on Thursday alone.  My partner made it with 120kg for 4 sets of 5, then dropped it down to 100 kg for the remaining 6 sets.  I stayed at 120kg for all 10 sets and I felt GOOD!  Well until the callouses n my left hand ripped off lol.  That stung a little.  luckily I was on set 9 when when it happened so just one set left.    It was kind fo strange I had no trouble picking the weight up and doing reps with a double overhand grip but if I went to hook grip I couldn't get the thing off the floor.  I did not expect there to be any difference in strength base don the grip.  But I had a good lift anyway.  Moved over to bench Press and did a standard pyramid increase of 5 sets of 5, started with 60 kg and worked up to 100 kg.  I was unable to do a complete 5 reps at 100 kg today, I don't know why, as my previous max was 115 kg.  Oh well, just not feeling it today.  I did get 3 reps out but the last one was with some help to get past a sticking point in the middle.  Unlike last Thursday I did not superset them with deadlifts but we did do 1 singles at 80 KG.  Decline and Incline press were on the agenda today and we did 3 sets of 12 of each.  Finishing incline with 50 kg for 12 reps.  We started decline at 50 kg and then moved to 60 kg for the final 2 sets. w e were both able to to do all 12 reps on both sets.  next time I think it is time to move up as we had no real struggle with the weight in the final set.

Tonight is the Company holiday party.  So I am planning t go and see if I can eat in compliance.  The usually have a nice selection of veggies and meat available but steering past the Baklava may be difficult.

Have a great day and thanks for visiting.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, GregT. said:

It was kind fo strange I had no trouble picking the weight up and doing reps with a double overhand grip but if I went to hook grip I couldn't get the thing off the floor.  

This was the same for me last week when I was doing heavy deadlift. I thought it was because I always use that grip on the pulllup bar, but if you have the same experience then I don't know.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

This was the same for me last week

I guess I will do some looking around the oracle.  I haven't had the problem before.  I wonder if I was not getting into position correctly when I changed grip.  I am thinking next round of Deadlift I may try hook grip the whole time even with light warm up weight. 

Well last night was the Company Holiday dinner.  I needed to g and be social/political.  They always put on a good spread for these things but I was determined to try and stay in whole30 parameters.  I did excellent on it until I went to get some fruit for dessert and ran into the Stollen.  I had a slice, because I really like Stollen.  But overall I did great as evidenced by my food log.  I also was able to limit myself to one piece of Stollen. 

Tonight I am meeting a friend who is taking me out for dinner for my birthday.  She is taking me to a Lobster Fest.  So I will try to stay in line again but it seems this week may be difficult.  I am being taken out on Wednesday on my actual Bday for dinner at a Brazilian Steak house, so I again will do my best but we will see.  It just looks like I may be starting the vacation diet early lol.

I have pretty much decided to do the RRDW and have got flight info and such down.  I am just trying to figure out how to get from Heathrow to the event and back.  I am leery of driving in UK< as I worry being tired I may stray onto the wrong side of the road out of habit.  I wonder what a taxi would cost or even if I could get one.

transport-taxi-car-hire-hired-cabs-vsh08

• Like 3

Well I had some musical inspiration today.  While driving in  I had some things come up on my shuffle.  I thought I would include them here and see if others found them inspirational as well.  I looking at next year, it is in my thoughts often.  I am trying to determine how I will proceed and to what ends next year.  I am looking at having these songs as part of my ongoing sound track for next year.  Let me know what you think.  I am also looking at making a playlist of this kind of emotional/inspirational songs for next year as well.  it will nto close and I can add as I go.  So these got me going this morning and I am filled with determination.

Elephant Riders by Clutch

This song just makes me think of getting it done.  No excuses.  I also like the Train sounds, Clickity Clack lack  I like to use that in the gym to lift like a machine.

The Next one is Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.  This song is about re-birth and starting over.  Well that is what I am doing.

The third song is Seven Lives by Enigma.  This is a great chill song and I feel I am moving through the 7 experiences of my life.  Moving on to a new iteration.  GregT The Grey maybe.

Again thanks for visiting

• Like 3

On 12/11/2017 at 5:38 AM, GregT. said:

I am being taken out on Wednesday on my actual Bday

As you are being taken out, or eating out most of the week for your birthday (and the company), I'm going to jump on the early wagon (with some of your other friends irl) and wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! right now! May you have a great day, and things work out just amazing for the year ahead. *hugs*

e6f85ef14db0a99aae12e0ed6128e3fa--birthd

About the music, I like the guitars intro of Clutch. That is more Brandt's style of music, so I'll leave commentary to the others here. But I'm forwarding that song to my hubby to see if he likes it! He has been listening to Imagine Dragons and Enigma, so he might now those songs. Haha, just listened to the second song, and it is used in a Portal video that the boys often listen to. We actually like that song a lot, but have never seen that video.

There is a song which we call the Halo song, or Masterchief's song, as someone used it for a Halo video. You might like that too (the music and rhythm, the words don't necessarily go with your current situation):

Edited by elizevdmerwe
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

You might like that too

I liked it enough that after jamming to the first 1:31 of it I paused it so I could find it and add it to my Spotify list!  Thanks for putting it up.  Halo looks good still, I remember Halo 1 back in 2002 `I think, geez, now `I know what my parents felt like talking like that.

Thank you for the B-day wishes.  I am going out to eat with friends.  So I am trying to stay on plan but with this much eating out it is tough.  I am doing pretty well.  Luckily I am getting to choose where we go.  Last night I went to a seafood place and had, Salmon, Lobster, Another fish calamari and Shrimp all grilled together with roasted veggies and a green salad for dinner. It was more than I should have eaten, but it was all on plan and only put me 300 Kcal over optimum for the day.  I actually am pretty sure I am not eating enough generally,

Thanks again for the B-day wishes.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, GregT. said:

Thank you for the B-day wishes.  I am going out to eat with friends.  So I am trying to stay on plan but with this much eating out it is tough.  I am doing pretty well.  Luckily I am getting to choose where we go.  Last night I went to a seafood place and had, Salmon, Lobster, Another fish calamari and Shrimp all grilled together with roasted veggies and a green salad for dinner. It was more than I should have eaten, but it was all on plan and only put me 300 Kcal over optimum for the day.  I actually am pretty sure I am not eating enough generally,

Pleasure! LOL, I'm learning from the boys. There are a couple of Transformer and Lego videos with great songs too. Eish, Halo is a thing here at the moment, but I have to say, I like Masterchief :D

Ok, my lunch didn't live up to protect me against this description! My mouth's literally watering right now, and I get allergic reaction from some seafood. Here's to a good birthday-week for you!