• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GregT.

Powering on to Curacao, Continues....

Thank you all.  I am planning to update the page with some pics if I can while I there,  I am taking my laptop to download photos as it is. 

I am so excited I kept waking up about every 45 mins last night like a kid waiting for Christmas morning!

Here is the horrible place I will be for the next 8 days.

1100_sunscape_curacao_resort_spa_and_cas

• Like 5

Update!

KLM Economy Plus is not worth it.  While it was not terrible, the fact that I got lucky and the seat next to me was empty was cause for celebration, until I realized that the arm rest only went up to a 30 degree angle.  :/

Anyway my second leg got upgraded when checked in yesterday to Business class, so I am sitting in the KLM Crown Lounge drinking free Heiniken, eating sausages and waiting for my flight.

Her is breakfast:

Lww2QeT.jpg

• Like 5

On 12/19/2017 at 11:45 PM, GregT. said:

Here is the horrible place I will be for the next 8 days.

1100_sunscape_curacao_resort_spa_and_cas

It looks awful ;) 

If I've counted right you're just at the end of your vacation, so I hope it was wonderful!

2 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Could you update your link when you have your challenge ready? Pretty please

I absolutely will.  I am planning to close out this one and post pictures now that I am not so tired I am afraid I will accidently delete them.

I will post a new Challenge  as well.  thanks for being interested.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GregT. said:

I absolutely will.  I am planning to close out this one and post pictures now that I am not so tired I am afraid I will accidently delete them.

I will post a new Challenge  as well.  thanks for being interested.

Can't wait!

Well, 2017 is over and my quest to Power on to Curacao was a success!

I made it to the wonderful island of Curacao and met my Wife for our 10th Anniversary.

It was a fantastic time, if to short.  I have determined that vacations that go more than 2 time zones must be greater than 10 days in length.  I was Jet Lagged until the day before we left, and now that I am back it took 7 days for me to get un-jet lagged the other way.

Anyway,  the biggest news is that my wife has decided that it would be in our best interest if she moves here with me.  WHOO HOO!

I had given her until we met in Curacao to weigh the decision and give me an answer.  She is not coming immediately but after August 2018.  There is a lot to be dealt with before that time.  She needs to sell off 2 pieces of real estate, clean out a large barn and a garage full of our Stuff.  The stuff is going to be sold off, sorry terms no cleansing fire, to much money to be made.  I am finally getting rid of a lot of used to dos.  I am getting rid of all of my armor making equipment, beverly shear, dishing stems, boxes of hammer. Wait I just teared up.  The only things I am absolutely keeping are my suit of armor, my swords, guns and pocket watch collection.  Everything else is up for grabs.  The plan is to maximize or ready capital, her move here and stay for at least 3 years.  We will plan where we want to move to as a permanent residence int eh states, or even emigrate to Europe.   Waiting until August also allows her to finish the year at the University she is at giving her resume 3 years of steady employment, and matches the end of my current contract.  It is highly unlikely that I would not be offered a renewal, but if I am not she would not have quit her job yet.  Also, since it is the end of my contract, I can have it changed from unaccompanied to accompanied.  I am very excited.  I believe we will have a wonderful time here and will expand our travel greatly.  We also discussed what she wants to do here.  She mentioned one of the things she is looking forward to; regaining her personal chef ( me).  My wife dislikes cooking and refers to food not ready to eat at the grocery store as ingredients.  She does not do ingredients.  She was impressed with my progress so far using nerd Fitness and my diet plan.  In that, she wants to try the same thing and start exercising and becoming more fit.  I see great things on the horizon.

The Challenge:

Food:

I met my food requirements and even while on the holiday, if I take out the Rum, I was on target and found that even though I tried some of my old go to foods, like mashed potatoes and  some bread ( Ok the Christmas Stollen is just bomb) I liked it but it wasn't't a craving and a small portion was all I wanted.  the resort had a large variety of both raw and cooked vegetables with lots of roasted yellow squash, zucchini and other veggies nearly every meal including breakfast so I basically stayed with the plan.  SO I left on holiday edging in at 330 lbs ( 150 kg) I didn't weigh in until Jan 4 but I lost 5 lbs ( 2 kg).  I don't know how but Yeah me. 

Exercise:   Well I slacked a bit toward the end having my last real workout was great and hard core but it left 4 days before holiday that I was supposed to do light work.  I went to the gym 2 times during that period and I did do light work and it was good, sweaty and all but meh.  Prior to that I was hardcore and give myself full points on the challenge.   While on holiday I had no plans for exercise figuring I would get enough being a tourist.  Well, I did.  I did a couple kilometers a day just walking from my beach chair to the bar.  But the resort had a private lagoon 500 m long by 70 meters wide.  Well, I rented snorkeling gear from the dive shop and I was all up in that lagoon.  They had partial reef  and plenty to see so I basically did laps around the thing 4 or 5 times a day for 45 mins to an hour.  Not swimming hard but steady looking at all the cool underwater stuff.  Plus diving down occasionally to remove some wind blown trash from bottom. ( You have to maintain this stuff). I didn't do the math and I am not going to but I figure I was averaging about 5000 meters of leisurely swimming a day.  I also went on 4 scuba dives during the week as well.  Two of these were with strong current and I was puffing a bit on the regulator before we started drifting back to the boat.  So exercise I am giving full points through the year, Powering THROUGH Curacao.

So to sum up:  I am saying success on my final challenge of the year with a bonus on self discovery that I have broken some of my addictions.  I just don't have the desire to eat crap anymore.  Like all addicts I know that is not a cure it just means I have the upper hand right now.  I tried some of the triggers and while I liked them I was not sucked into them.  I was easily able to eat it, and let it go.  I was also at an all you can eat resort, even at the order by plate restaurants and I found I was able to eat what I thought was enough and stop.  Just like I did at home.  SO thanks for all the support guys, It has made a difference.  I am truly a different person than I was 4 months ago when I started.  If it wasn't for the support and inspiration I see on NF everyday I am positive this would have ended in failure like so many other attempts.

So here come the pictures.

https://greguae.imgur.com

I am having a heck of a time getting this all uploaded.  Here is a link to my Imgur account.  I only have half the dive photos up.  Please look and enjoy.  Sorry I had big plans but they are not happening lol.

• Like 3

On 1/6/2018 at 10:35 AM, GregT. said:

Anyway,  the biggest news is that my wife has decided that it would be in our best interest if she moves here with me.  WHOO HOO!

Awesome! Great news.

On 1/6/2018 at 10:35 AM, GregT. said:

Like all addicts I know that is not a cure it just means I have the upper hand right now.

Like me with the sugar and chocolates. For the last month or two I've been struggling to keep my hands off chocolate, but this morning I said no with no problem. Not even a craving. Good for you! That is an amazing accomplishment that you've managed to achieve! :loyal: