Just now, zenLara said:

@Ensi Look at what we've one: there's now a HOT! sign over my thread in the assassins forums, and everybody will think it is because there's been an intense and interesting conversation about healthy behaviours and workouts :P

Well, I think it was hot! ... before it turned into a fight :I

Uhh eat a lot of bacon and kick ass, you'll get a killer butt!! (does this justify the HOT! sign?)

• Haha 3
21 hours ago, zenLara said:

Hi Machete!

I hope that shoulder is fine now.

What are your plans with handstands? As you may have seen I am faaaaaaar from getting a freestanding handstand...

Just ensuring I keep them in mind with 5 minutes of practice daily. I think the frequency will help much more in these stages, especially since balance seems to be my issue.

• Like 1

Missed friday's self-defence lesson because traffic was a huge mess, and after 25 minutes stuck in a jam, and seeing I had at least 20 more only to get out of my city, I gave up and went for a walk instead :(

Went to run this morning. Everything felt hard, slow. I did some pull-ups and chin-ups, but they were meh, mostly negatives by jumping my way up the branch. I blame the day I had yesterday. I had a small breakfast because I was in a hurry, and then played quite a lot in the morning, choosing a new flute for one of my students. Afterwards I drove 1 hour and a half to my boyfriend's uncle's place for a birthday, and there was waaaay too much wine in that birthday party, and the food wasn't the best one (and scarce!). Then I couldn't take the car to get back home because my boyfriend needed it to go to another birthday, so I had to spend a lot of time waiting for trains and buses. Arrived home drained and feeling quite low, so I decided to put myself in bed straight away with a couple of apples as dinner (my stomach was feeling weird from lunch crappy foods, not hungry at all). However, I did all my work up there in the hills, and then came back home for my wall walk (it felt a bit less scary than other days) and finished with yoga and a cold cold shower. I'd like to work my abs this afternoon.

Also, my boyfriend's uncle teaches yoga, so I took the chance to ask him about the mayurasana and the headstand. He explained me the headstand very well, but told me it's not a pose for everyone, and that I should be careful with it, and then this morning he sent me a couple of links on the mayurasana, with some useful tips. From what I've seen, I should seriously work on my core if I ever want to attain that pose.

I also told him about the WHM, and he was interested. He says he has tried to switch to cold showers many times, because he has blood circulation problems too but that he always quits because he never reached a point where it would feel helpful. I explained him some things from the WHM, and while he looked a bit skeptical, he had to admit that I was the only one there that not only wasn't wearing a sweater, but was fine with a t-shirt ;) His wife was there too listening to my crazy explanations and she said "so, summing up, this thing basically turns yourself into a superhuman, right?" :D

• Like 6

Week zero report

Main Wolverine’s goal: being The Wolverine.

Fight. Train. Expose yourself to cold. Eat like a horse. Breath.

Self-defence: once.

Running/sprinting: twice.

Abs: once. Pull-ups: twice. Push-ups: four times.

Yoga: four days.

Cold showers/cold baths: everyday.

Food: tried some of the new breakfasts. It definitely helps with sugar cravings in the afternoon to have a heavy fatty breakfast. The only crappy thing I've eaten this week -except for the birthday party, when I ate crap because there was absolutely nothing else available and this Wolverine has to eat- was one chocolate bun. All my snacks have been some type of nuts or bananas (after training).

New stuff

Handstands!

Worked 4 days on my wall plank walks.

So, week 0 was a good start. I officially began my challenge on tuesday, so if I had just one day more this week, I'd probably be on track with everything, which makes me happy.

Resultado de imagen de superman man of steel wolverine that's cute meme

• Like 7
23 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Did you actually pressed it or it just looked like? :cower:

I think he was supposed to be showing off but he actually pressed it. This is what I gathered from the title of the gif when I was searching for a button pressing gif for you :) Well done on doing the thing! 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, zenLara said:

Also, my boyfriend's uncle teaches yoga, so I took the chance to ask him about the mayurasana and the headstand. He explained me the headstand very well, but told me it's not a pose for everyone, and that I should be careful with it, and then this morning he sent me a couple of links on the mayurasana, with some useful tips. From what I've seen, I should seriously work on my core if I ever want to attain that pose.

I believe getting a strong Hollow helps with both. A lot of people can't seem to get their hips to tilt forward without compensating somewhere else (especially ones who seem to have tight hips). "Butt tight, abs tight" doesn't seem to make sense, but that's essentially the Hollow. For the Headstand it allows you to place the weight of your feet forward, where you have more control, rather than back (which feels intuitive). For the Peacock it kind of gives you a platform to put your elbows in without smashing your guts, and it allows you to extend the legs out strongly.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Machete said:

I believe getting a strong Hollow helps with both. A lot of people can't seem to get their hips to tilt forward without compensating somewhere else (especially ones who seem to have tight hips). "Butt tight, abs tight" doesn't seem to make sense, but that's essentially the Hollow. For the Headstand it allows you to place the weight of your feet forward, where you have more control, rather than back (which feels intuitive). For the Peacock it kind of gives you a platform to put your elbows in without smashing your guts, and it allows you to extend the legs out strongly.

By Hollow, do you mean this?

Resultado de imagen de hollow pose

I never could get it right, with my back flat on the floor and the legs so low. But it's been quite a long time. I'll give it a try tomorrow. I've read it's good for handstands too.

Cold bath this morning. I tried not to believe the thermometer that was saying there were 0ºC outside and got out. I don't really think it was 0, more on the 2-3, by the feeling I had. The water was at 3ºC. I said to myself I was going to feel great afterwards and went in without giving it much more thought. It wasn't as painful as I expected it to be, and my breath stayed under my control. However, when I came out I was not fully able to activate the brown fat thing. I got a bit dizzy instead and decided to stop the breathing exercise and let my vascular system work by itself. The tips of my fingers and toes hurt like hell, but otherwise I was quite fine. Took a warm shower to help my body recover a bit and finished with cold water. When I got out to the streets to attend self-defence I was quite fine with a t-shirt and a warm hoodie. Car thermometer insisted there were 0ºC, I'm not sure I can trust it.

Later in the day, I've been outside still with the same hoodie, and while my hands felt cold, as soon as I enter a warmer environment, they warm themselves quite quickly, which is something I've always had trouble with.

When I got out of self-defence, I challenged myself to walk until the place my car was parked with only my t-shirt, to see how I felt (the guy at the gym door told me "you know it's freezing cold outside, right?" :D Thermometer said 6ºC. I was feeling the cold, but only in my arms and hands, and it wasn't such an unpleasant sensation, and the sun was out so I even felt some warmth at some moments. I felt so cool, whistling "autumn leaves" while other people looked terrorized at me :D

• Like 5
  • Haha 1