• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BigGuy has already answered *faints*

He's quite free these upcoming months, which is not usual, so it won't be as difficult as other times to arrange a date.

ohgodohgodohgodohgod

• Like 4

Yesterday was a sad day, because there was absolutely no exercise involved, not even a short wall walk. I had a meeting in the morning and I had planned to work out afterwards, because I thought it was going to be a short one. It turned out it was a 3 hours meeting :( I only had time to come back home, cook, eat, and go back to work. At least I had practiced my flute a bit earlier in the morning.

I still will be having another meeting today. I hope this will be shorter or I won't even have time to have lunch because they have placed it quite late in the morning. At least, I have most of my morning free, so plenty of music practice and exercise will happen.

Decided to start the day strong and took a bath again. 6ºC outside, 5º for the water. I was fine inside the water, but I couldn't bear it for more than 1 minute, because fingers and toes ached. When I came out, breathing didn't seem to work. I still felt warm while I was outside, but the moment I got into the house and put my clothes on I felt cold, and I don't seem to be recovering properly today. My mood, however, has raised up to the top :)

While I am quite good at resisting cold by day -yesterday it was mostly 6ºC all day long and I was still wearing my shirt and a hoodie- I feel it badly at nights. I don't know whether it is the lack of sun and light that makes it harder, or the great contrast from the heated work place and the colder temperatures in the streets. As I said, I never used the heating radiator in my classroom (not even all those winters before WH) because it gets warm enough from all the open radiators in other classrooms and corridors, around 20ºC I guess. I can open the window only for short spans, because it's a small classroom and it gets very cold quickly and everybody freezes, so I feel quite warm in there and when I come out I need both my hoodie/sweater and a warm jacket and I will still be shivering for the first minutes, even when it is still 5-6ºC.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, zenLara said:

I don't know whether it is the lack of sun and light that makes it harder, or the great contrast from the heated work place and the colder temperatures in the streets.

Could be either. Could also be that you're more tired in the evenings. You know, relatively speaking. At this point your "tired" is like most people's max energy levels. ;) 

• Like 3

On 27.11.2017 at 11:18 PM, zenLara said:

It was mainly a gif war...

War? I obviously need to practice my flirting game...

6 hours ago, zenLara said:

While I am quite good at resisting cold by day -yesterday it was mostly 6ºC all day long and I was still wearing my shirt and a hoodie- I feel it badly at nights. I don't know whether it is the lack of sun and light that makes it harder, or the great contrast from the heated work place and the colder temperatures in the streets.

Are you talking about the time when you're sleeping? Maybe you're just not moving around as much as you are during daytime?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Could be either. Could also be that you're more tired in the evenings.

Yes, that probably has something to do with it too.

5 hours ago, Ensi said:

War? I obviously need to practice my flirting game...

:lol::lol: Don't take it personally. I never realise when someone is flirting with me :D I've been in several embarrassing situations because of that.

11 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

You know, relatively speaking. At this point your "tired" is like most people's max energy levels. ;) 

Now, this is flirting, right?:P

• Like 3

Finally was able to work out a little bit yesterday, so did my abs, pull-ups, a bit of dead hang, a couple of wall walks and some yoga.

Today was running day and I didn't want to go. It is a windy day today, and I hate wind. A lot. If I could, I would never get out of the house during windy days. But I said to myself I want to keep on with my goals, so I went anyway. I took it as a challenge: can I still work out in a tank top despite the cold wind? I kept my hoodie on during the walk up the hills, until I needed it to put it over a branch for pull-ups. Only 3 negatives today, but that makes 6 with those I did yesterday. Did my sprints (hit the mark again!) and then walked through the fields, still wearing the tank top. My hands became very cold and numb, and I got goosebumps in my arms, but the rest of my body was fine. Finished with the downhill run (no fields sprint today, I was short on time), and then I put on my hoodie again to come back home (I didn't have the car, so it is a 20 minutes walk to get back and I didn't want to get cold after all the sweating) and once here I did 1 minute of dead hang, hold a wall plank for about 1 minute, some diamond push-ups and yoga. Freezing cold shower afterwards.

So, I didn't like the wind, but I could bear it. The worst moments were in between sprints, when I stop to rest, I would feel the cold intensely. Still, it was not that bad, in what concerns body sensations; my mind, however, didn't have a great time and still hates it.

My Logan's t-shirt arrived today! Yippee!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, zenLara said:

did 1 minute of dead hang, hold a wall plank for about 1 minute, some diamond push-ups and yoga.

I can't believe that just a few months ago all of these would have been too hard for you.  A few more months progress at this rate and Logan will be wearing ZenLara T-shirts

Every time I read your signature I keep thinking you should change it to:

She who conquers others is strong; she who conquers herself is THE WOLVERINE!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

A few more months progress at this rate and Logan will be wearing ZenLara T-shirts

That happened already!!

image.png.cff115f86be4d5fd28bab6a4bddf0a40.png

like totally legit

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

New day, new challenge.

It was -2ºC this morning when I left to work (friday is the only day I work in the morning instead of my usual shitty schedule in the  afternoons-evenings), and I wanted to know whether I was able to bear it without a jacket. I could. It was not comfortable, but I only have a short walk to work (about 10 minutes) so I was fine with my hoodie. When I came back home, it was 2-3ºC and it was more difficult to bear. Definitely, work place warm temperature plays a part in how I handle cold when I get out.

9 minutes ago, Ensi said:

That happened already!!

image.png.cff115f86be4d5fd28bab6a4bddf0a40.png

like totally legit

This totally cracked me up :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 3

Aaaaaand new day, new challenge.

Cold bath. 2ºC outside, 3º in the water, until I broke the ice layer that had formed during the night and then it was 0.5ºC. I wanted to try it out of curiosity, it was more or less like this:

Resultado de imagen de cat runs into the bathtub gif

Seriously, it was SO HARD to stay in there. I did the full minute but the last seconds were awful. My body wasn't aching, or at least not as much as I would have expected, but at some point it freaked out. Not my mind, as it usually happens, but my body. I started to lose control of my breath when I was close to the minute, so I came out and did the brown fat thing, and I got warm and calmed down. But as soon as I stopped the breathing I was cold again, so had to take a warm shower, and it took me quite a long time to switch to the last cold minute.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Huh. Didn't know... we could do that...

Apparently we can. My mind was calm today because I entered the pool thinking "I won't be able to bear it, 30 seconds or less and I am out", but the promise of an earlier exit seemed to smooth things out, and once inside the pool, my mind kept being calm, thinking "I can bear this, I can stay here more than 30 seconds, I'm fine". But suddenly it became difficult to breath, my heart started to beat more strongly, and I felt like I wouldn't be able to keep on breathing if I stayed there :( 

• Confused 1

I've been re-reading part of my old challenge, to see the progression with the sprints and the pull-ups, and when I looked into the last page, I found this in the comment I wrote for my new challenge thread:

Let's try and see what a Level 2 Wolverine is:

How the hell did this happen, @Ensi? That link always shows the first post of the challenge. What did you do, hun? :D

By the way, abs, and pull-ups, and yoga happened yesterday. No wall walks, though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, zenLara said:

How the hell did this happen, @Ensi? That link always shows the first post of the challenge. What did you do, hun? :D

The same thing happened to me with a picture of my boobs. It made me question a lot...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4