• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything seems to be ok with Cuxo (thanks everybody for your concern and good wishes), but he's having some little problem with his paw tendons. Nothing broken or painful but they're a bit limp from

Main Wolverine’s goal: being The Wolverine.   Fight. Train. Expose yourself to cold. Eat like a horse. Breath.     New stuff   Handstands!    

That happened already!!     like totally legit

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, zenLara said:

I've been re-reading part of my old challenge, to see the progression with the sprints and the pull-ups, and when I looked into the last page, I found this in the comment I wrote for my new challenge thread:

Let's try and see what a Level 2 Wolverine is:

How the hell did this happen, @Ensi? That link always shows the first post of the challenge. What did you do, hun? :D

12 minutes ago, deftona said:

The same thing happened to me with a picture of my boobs. It made me question a lot...

With all this information, I'd say the algorithm that picks the picture is coded by a person, who likes boobs. Let's try something...

image.png.b06b0499ebb30827e4f0def188e4312a.png

Let's see if the picture changes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Week ONE report

Main Wolverine’s goal: being The Wolverine.

Fight. Train. Expose yourself to cold. Eat like a horse. Breath.

Self-defence: twice.

Running/sprinting: twice.

I've been reading about uphill running technique and today I tried some of the tips I found. They were most useful, I ended my sprints less tired and my lungs didn't try to kill me, but there's room for improvement because now I am slower and I can run less. It will come back as soon as I get used, I guess.

Abs: twice. Pull-ups: thrice. Push-ups: 4 days (missed one) 5 days.

Yoga: 5 days.

Cold showers/cold baths: everyday.

Food: forgot about trying new breakfasts, however, I've continued taking those that worked from week 0.

Had enough food everyday and took snacks on training days, both after training and later in the afternoon.

New stuff

Handstands!

Worked 4 days on my wall plank walks (missed one, but I may still do them this afternoon)

My brain is starting to accept it can function upside down.

Quite happy with how this week one went! Ready for week two!

Resultado de imagen de wolverine claws loop gif

• Like 6

Yesterday was a windy day again. Maybe less windy and less cold than the other day, but still annoying. I went for a run anyway. Tried new uphill technique and it helps. I ended the downhill sprinting across the fields. I still could use a tank top.

Did some push-ups and yoga afterwards to save the week, but forgot the wall walks.

Today was self-defence day, and I've been so happy that I don't dread the warm-up anymore, that it has become something easy, that maybe the instructor noticed something because he said "hey, we will add something else today, just for Lara to have some fun". And then there were squats, and fist push-ups, and abs, and lunges, and knees to chest jumps. I think there were burpees too, but by that time everything was so blurry I can't really tell.

No bath nor cold shower because I woke up with a bit of a sore throat and a runny nose and prefered to rest my body. However, everything disappeared after the breathing cycles, so I may restart tomorrow.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
37 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Today was self-defence day, and I've been so happy that I don't dread the warm-up anymore, that it has become something easy, that maybe the instructor noticed something because he said "hey, we will add something else today, just for Lara to have some fun". And then there were squats, and fist push-ups, and abs, and lunges, and knees to chest jumps. I think there were burpees too, but by that time everything was so blurry I can't really tell.

Nice! I like how your instructor doesn't let you slack off just because you're wolverine. ;) 

• Like 2
19 hours ago, zenLara said:

I ended the downhill sprinting across the fields

(Not that you don't know this already...) A great tip for downhill running? Shorten your steps/stride. Don't stride out downhill because you'll wear down your quads. Make quick movements so you not only conserve energy but also have more strength and balance :) 

19 hours ago, zenLara said:

just for Lara to have some fun"

HA! Way to make you the culprit to their torture, Mr. Instructor. Was it fun???

The last couple posts have been cracking me up, Laura! Boobies are da best! 

lets-be-honest-your-boobs-are-huge-awesome.jpg

And...I can't leave here without something DP/Wolverine related...

xforce-715508.jpg

Wolfpool

• Haha 2
On 5/12/2017 at 4:23 PM, Wild Wolf said:

(Not that you don't know this already...) A great tip for downhill running? Shorten your steps/stride.

I discovered that very recently, as my left knee was hurting a lot after running downhill, and it has done wonders. Also for control in the slippery places (loose stones or ground), but I didn't think of checking the uphill technique until a few days ago. What you say about wearing down my quads was happening to me when going uphill, even if it was just walking, but seems to be getting solved now.

On 5/12/2017 at 4:23 PM, Wild Wolf said:

Way to make you the culprit to their torture, Mr. Instructor

Yeah, right?

Resultado de imagen de wolverine deadpool team red gif

• Like 3
On 01/12/2017 at 1:08 AM, zenLara said:

some diamond push-ups

You know just a few diamond pushups, just casually thrown in there!

This is so great, not that long ago you were struggling with normal pushups and pullups coming along well too, you're definitely making progress on your strength :encouragement:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 11/12/2017 at 7:01 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Hey how are you doing??

Hey! Thanks for asking!

Well, I've been sick. It might have been a cold. It might have been a flu. I will just say it felt like The Plague.

I survived, though. And it seems there's still a world there outside.

In short, no nothing done.

I still managed to eat, so I am not a trembling wildflower, but recovery time will be needed.

At least, I exchanged a few e-mails with BigGuy and the lessons are booked, and I also got my plane tickets.

• Like 5
On 13/12/2017 at 12:52 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Booo for getting sick, but yay for getting the BigGuy meeting arranged :)

Thank you! I am starting to feel like myself again!

On 13/12/2017 at 1:43 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Aww glad you're feeling better! :) 

Awesome for booking flights! When are you going?

Thank you!

February. He is not that free anymore since he has an unexpected recording project on january, but this buys me some time to prepare better.

17 hours ago, Ensi said:

You're back!!!!

tumblr_o2oc4a1oMJ1s02vreo1_400.gif

The plague sounds nasty, I hope you'll be back in full health soon :)

Imagen relacionada

Thank you!

• Like 4

Wanted to get back to activity today, but my boyfriend took the car this morning and he's not coming back until midnight or so, therefore no self-defence class. Instead, I went out and walked briskly for about 1 hour.

I have felt somehow anxious this afternoon, and it's been quite nice to realise how much time I've spent without any signs of anxiety since the WH started. That thought stroke me so strongly that immediately the anxiety became something I wanted to fully experience and understand. Gosh, how unpleasant the sensations are. But I stayed there bravely :) I found comforting that I could be rational about it and think that the feelings would go away at some point, the same that other good or bad feelings go away, and that the only thing I had to do was to stay there until that moment. It worked. I guess today's feelings were a mixture of feeling still a bit weak, and having lost my exercice routine. Confirmed when I felt better after the walk. And also by the thoughts my brain kept sending to me during the walk, all exercise related. So it's settled that weak or not, I'll go to the country tomorrow morning and will train, only a little bit if I don't feel fine, but something must happen.

This weekend I'd also like to decide my music practice plan to prepare the upcoming lessons, and I would also like to go clothes shopping. I mean, I don't actually "would like", but something needs to be done.

• Like 7