12 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Just a reminder that we do these uncomfortable things not because we have to but because we want to.

It is so important to remember that sometimes, indeed.

Can't wait.

Coming soon

Resultado de imagen de running gif wolverine

• Like 1
1 hour ago, zenLara said:

Sick again. My boyfriend caught a flu, and how does he pay me for all the care and love I gave him? Yeah, that way. See you in a week or so, I guess.

Dump him!!!

Just kidding! Or am I...

Try and get as much rest as possible! I'm a bit sick currently, too, and that's my approach. We'll meet 2018 healthy and strong, trust me :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, zenLara said:

Sick again. My boyfriend caught a flu, and how does he pay me for all the care and love I gave him? Yeah, that way. See you in a week or so, I guess.

Bummer, have some chicken soup and lots of sleep! Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1
On 5/1/2018 at 4:47 AM, Endor said:

Hi Lara, how are you doing? Hope you are starting to feel better. 

Thanks for asking.

I'm better, but still sick. It's been a tough week, and it doesn't help that it's so cold and snowy.

Also, I'm pissed that the holidays are over and I didn't have a single day to enjoy them. And I'm starting to feel anxious about some things I am running out of time to prepare, like the self-defence exam or the visit to BigGuy.

So I'm not in the best situation right now.

Anyway, I've decided that I'm going to focus on recovery, because

Resultado de imagen de if you haven't got your health then you haven't got anything princess bride

• Like 4

If other things take a back seat for a bit while you recover so be it, your health is your number 1 priority so you have a good plan to get well before you go after other things.

I'm at the other end of the scale, 42 degrees yesterday on the last day of my holidays, which meant house bound for the day in the aircon when I wanted to be getting on with things.  Still I feel better for having a rest day so I take something positive from it. 

Focus on nutrition and rest, hopefully you'll feel better soon. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

:( Feel better soon. Recovery should absolutely be your number one focus.

7 hours ago, Endor said:

If other things take a back seat for a bit while you recover so be it, your health is your number 1 priority so you have a good plan to get well before you go after other things.

Focus on nutrition and rest, hopefully you'll feel better soon. 

I'm trying. Had a nice last holidays day at home, basically lazing around, and today I said to myself that my only duty would be to have a nice breakfast. It involved eggs, bacon, dried tuna, dried sausage, carrots and a banana, and the world really looks better after that.

7 hours ago, Endor said:

42 degrees yesterday on the last day of my holidays

Ouch. I hate it when it goes up past the 40s.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I am just getting over the flu myself...

Oh, sorry. Shitty illness. Feeling ok now?

8 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Now why would you do that to the poor bacon?

Nooo. The bacon was nicely wrapped in the eggs. The dried tuna was served later, don't you cry tonight I still love bacon baby.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Flu is awful

Resultado de imagen de flu sheldon gif

Phew. We can still be friends

Resultado de imagen de bacon and eggs gif

7 hours ago, Endor said:

Here's a little song I came across and rather liked, you might too

Nice song, thank you!

Day was not that bad yesterday. Focusing on just having a good breakfast worked, because I felt some energy coming back to me afterwards. Enough to clean the kitchen and sweep the house, and to try and practice a bit. Wasn't very good though, because my abs felt like a flan, and my breathing was so short as if my lungs had been cut in half (still, they were simply back to a pre-WimHof situation, so it is not that bad in the end).

Work was shitty, heating was broken. The only one day I would have liked to use it and it was broken. Spent the afternoon and the evening freezing, and it was beginning to snow when I walked back home. Bah. When I got home my obviously insane boyfriend said "it's first sales day and shops open till late, why don't we go clothes shopping?" Eeeer, no thanks, my day ends now (I'd wish, cough didn't let me sleep until past midnight).

Anyway, focusing on just my breakfast seemed to work, because at least I had the best morning in days, so I did the same today and gobbled down anything eatable (chicken broth, an onion-turnip-leek purée, a salad with dried tomatos, carrots and olives, eggs, some almonds, and dried sausage).

May the heating be working today.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, zenLara said:

@WhiteGhost reacted sad to my post. I guess that's because he's sorrowful since my breakfast did not contain any bacon.

No, it's because you said your abs feel like flan and I was sad that I have heard this word many times but still don't know what it means :( 

But now that you mention it, a lack of bacon for breakfast is something that should make us all sad.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, WhiteGhost said:

No, it's because you said your abs feel like flan and I was sad that I have heard this word many times but still don't know what it means :( 

Flan is what you Americans call flange. Which is funny to us in England because here, flange is a vagina. Lulz. 

I hope the heating is working today Lara, and that you feel better soon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
8 minutes ago, deftona said:

Flan is what you Americans call flange. Which is funny to us in England because here, flange is a vagina. Lulz. 

I have heard flan used before, but have never heard flange (does it rhyme with range? maybe pronounced like orange? Or is it more like a french word and pronounced like aaahhnnnzzhhe?  

Also, her abs feel like flan = flange = vagina? Am I understanding this right?

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Resultado de imagen de wobbly flan gif

Ah, I recognize this from Japan.  I have only ever known this as Purin (The Japanese pronunciation for Pudding), and if your abs feel like that then I definitely made the right call giving you a sad face.  If you meant it the Deffy way, then maybe I should have changed it for a high five or something?

9 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Also, her abs feel like flan = flange = vagina? Am I understanding this right?

:blink:

7 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

and if your abs feel like that then I definitely made the right call giving you a sad face.  If you meant it the Deffy way, then maybe I should have changed it for a high five or something?

Definitely the sad face :D

• Haha 1