Within cals

Forgot about skincare (whoops)

Sunday

No alcohol

Within calories

Muggle push workout complete

30 mins treadmill

Cleanse/tone/moisturize

Open gym tonight--really need to nail down a good chunk of choreography ... for realz, yo.

• Like 2

Nice! 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

6 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Do eeeeeeet!

I need to decide how much of a 'routine' I want this to look like vs how 'condition-y' There's a continuum there and I need to figure out where I will fall. More condition-y means I probably need to worry about transitions less, while more routine-y means the concept of the act could get lost in making everything smooth and pretty.

26 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

You know what helps figuring it out? Trying it out IRL ;) 

Maybe try and find some guy’s routine that you like. Quite often men’s routines are more strengthy than flowy.

I did just that last night! Got some really good ideas from the studio owner and we hashed out the rough blocking for all the main skills I'll be using. Of course, I didn't get a solid sequence until the end of my practice, so I was too exhausted to get a full run through. Hopefully i have the stamina to actually do the whole thing. :o

Checking out some mens routines (or just some straps or rope or something) is an excellent idea. I should have some time tonight to do some poking around. 

Challenge-wise:

Within calories

Did 3 2-min sequences (and then some) while working out choreography

Totally forgot about my hip flexors

Skincare done

• Like 3

Boom. Look at all that routine progress.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I've been feeling ... not great in a low grade way for the last week and a half or so. It peaked this morning in a constellation of symptoms that I get when I'm chronically stressed (whether from actual life stress, dehydration, not enough sleep, too much caffeine, not enough food, etc. you get the idea). Aside from Thanksgiving, I've been pretty consistently eating in a rather severe daily deficit. I'm a rather small person, so this winds up being a very minimal amount of calories to make up my daily intake when trying to drop a little weight.

To stem the tide of badfeelings (mental and physical manifestations both), I'm suspending my calorie goal for at least the rest of this week. It's not carte blanche to go crazy and eat three cheesecakes a day, but neither am I going to track and count and monitor everything that goes in my mouth until the weekend is over. The fact that this is inducing some anxiety tells me already that I've been counting and tracking too meticulously for too long.

I'll also focus on getting plenty of rest (I've been routinely <7 hours/night for the last 6 months which I think is about an hour less than I need to be firing on all cylinders). Water intake might be the only thing I'll track, but that'll be more along the lines of "If your water bottle at your desk is empty, go fill it" rather than a goal number. I already have a very small daily caffeine intake (my 16 oz coffee in the morning is half-decaf and I don't do caffeinated beverages otherwise).

I have ~2 lingering vanity pounds I'd like to shed before we go vacation in a beachy place in March, but I have plenty of time to ensure I don't run myself into the ground before then. (Seems silly, I know, but 2 lbs does actually make a difference on my frame)

So, this little bit of self-care is on the agenda to get myself back to a good physiologic and psychological state.

• Like 2
On 12/5/2017 at 10:55 AM, raptron said:

Boom. Look at all that routine progress.

16 hours ago, tei_ said:

Nice work!

7 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Nice progress on the routine!

And cute video. :) 

Having someone to bounce ideas off of really helped loosen the creative floodgates, so I was really thankful for that.

I do need to get my costume sorted out--I'd like to do a tank unitard with full-length legs that has a sporty, Adidas-type stripe down the side. Amazon is coming up empty for me, though. I'll have to broaden my search and see what I can come up with.

How many times in a row can I post in my own thread? EDIT: Hatter broke my streak. :)

Tonight is circus class, so I'm looking forward to getting in there and working on some stuff. I am still struggling to keep up the intensity of my involvement in class now that it's multi-level, but I think that might be only me (?) the other higher level folks make regular comments about how wiped out they are at the end of class, so I'll have to think on that some more. I'm trying to figure out a way to kindly bring it up to my instructor without sounding ungrateful or entitled.

Tomorrow will be playing through some of the new Destiny DLC with hubs

Friday is leg workout day

Next week on Monday is a holiday event for work in the early evening so I'll be missing open gym. There are a few other things happening after work next week so I don't think I'll have any open gym time at all. :( Just when I've blocked out the major points of my routine, I have to miss a week practicing. Boo.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Aww I'm sorry you're feeling low. But it sounds like you're taking all the right steps to take care of yourself and get back on track.

Ideally, I'd catch it before it got to this point, but at least I'm able to recognize it and take action to fix it instead of feeling crappy and anxious. :)

35 minutes ago, sylph said:

The fact that this is inducing some anxiety tells me already that I've been counting and tracking too meticulously for too long.

For sure! Glad you are recognizing it and giving yourself the breathing room to get out of your head in this and take care of those other things that have been creeping up on the sides. 

Raptron, alot assassin

6 hours ago, sylph said:

(Seems silly, I know, but 2 lbs does actually make a difference on my frame)

Ugh I feel you on this! And on the ambivalence about calorie-counting. it can be great or it can be too much and really get to you. Good for you for figuring out when you need a break! And also more sleep-- that is such an important goal and so easy to ignore.

Halfling Assassin

Current challenge:  Tei un-schedules 

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12,  13, 14, 15 

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs. We have a protractor." -- Fraa Erasmas

15 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I know what you mean. Subtle symptoms like that can be super sneaky though.

Yep. Mine are sneaky and easy to ignore until they hit me like a ton of bricks and everything is horrible. Someday, I will learn not to ignore the sneaky ones.

15 hours ago, raptron said:

For sure! Glad you are recognizing it and giving yourself the breathing room to get out of your head in this and take care of those other things that have been creeping up on the sides. 

Easier said that done, for sure. :)

9 hours ago, tei_ said:

Ugh I feel you on this! And on the ambivalence about calorie-counting. it can be great or it can be too much and really get to you. Good for you for figuring out when you need a break! And also more sleep-- that is such an important goal and so easy to ignore.

Counting calories is good for me, generally. It keeps me on track and lets me know when I've been eyeballing it for too long. But, I've been meticulously counting since... early August? It's pretty well embedded at the moment. I think I can loosen the reins a bit.

8 hours ago, Cataleya said:

I find I do a lot better when I focus on a macro goal or something. Calorie counting gets me in a bad headspace.

Everyone has a thing that works best for them. I've tried just shooting for a protein goal in the past, but it didn't work well for me. I'd routinely fail to hit it AND get way high on total intake as well.

Anyway, had a nice big lunch yesterday, drank a ton of water, went to circus, and had a reasonable dinner. Didn't do great on sleep, but today I am feeling much better.

Also, while poking around my facebook last night, I found this in one of the aerial groups I'm part of. http://dramanda.co/confessions-of-an-aging-aerialist/ At 37, this resonated pretty strongly with me. :)

• Like 3
17 hours ago, sylph said:

But, I've been meticulously counting since... early August? It's pretty well embedded at the moment. I think I can loosen the reins a bit.

I tracked religiously on MFP for over a year.  It was a useful exercise and made me very aware of what and how much was going into my gullet but after a while the marginal value kind of disappeared and it made me anxious and grumpy so I relaxed it a bit and then finally just quit.  Since I now have a good idea of approximately how much I am eating I don't need it, and not having to worry about relieved not a small amount of stress/anxiety

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I tracked religiously on MFP for over a year.  It was a useful exercise and made me very aware of what and how much was going into my gullet but after a while the marginal value kind of disappeared and it made me anxious and grumpy so I relaxed it a bit and then finally just quit.  Since I now have a good idea of approximately how much I am eating I don't need it, and not having to worry about relieved not a small amount of stress/anxiety

Yep. I've tracked for up to a year straight in the past. Now I just re-up the habit when I'm consciously trying to lean out, rather than maintain. 

• Like 1