sylph preps for performance, part I

sylph

Muggle workout on deck for tonight.

Yesterday I failed at all my goals. Apparently in relaxing my caloric intake goal for the rest of this week, I'm throwing out everything else as well. Whoops! Get back on the rest of things this evening with hip flexor stretches and some solid skincare.

Still not having much luck finding a performance costume that matches the vision I have in my head. :( 

Hello! I thought I would come by and say hello! I'm new on NF, 38 yo and doing aerial. I had a break for a couple of years and I am at that frustrating stage of having to start again from the foundations and in not very ideal conditions (no class available / apparatus with very limited height).  But, anyway, following up!

For the costume, how about buying a unitard and adding the stripes yourself? You could sew or maybe even just buy white sticky tape. Tape might peel off on some moves, I don't know.   ‌But perhaps worth a try?

• Like 3

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

23 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Heyo, how are things?

I fell into a hole.

Kind of.

Spoiler

Anyway,  with various mental resetting and some truly voracious winter weather last week resulting in cancelled circus classes and various other distractions, I definitely got off track. Add a trip to the vet for an unexpected health concern for one of the cats (she's fine) and my attention to this challenge has been essentially zero for the last ten days or so. I've been eating the Christmas cookies sent in my annual care package from my mom (yum!) working on knitting a new pair of socks for myself, and feeling various states of overwhelm and apathy regarding a few projects at work.

So, yeah. Headspace is not super great at the moment and I'm oscillating wildly between wallowing in a mild despair and sternly telling myself to bootstrap out of the hole. It's been an odd week. At 37, I think I'm having some version of a midlife crisis. or I'm just being overly dramatic and taking myself way too seriously. Difficult to tell at the moment.

Thanks for checking in. <3

• Like 1
On 12/9/2017 at 4:59 AM, @mu said:

Hello! I thought I would come by and say hello! I'm new on NF, 38 yo and doing aerial. I had a break for a couple of years and I am at that frustrating stage of having to start again from the foundations and in not very ideal conditions (no class available / apparatus with very limited height).  But, anyway, following up!

For the costume, how about buying a unitard and adding the stripes yourself? You could sew or maybe even just buy white sticky tape. Tape might peel off on some moves, I don't know.   ‌But perhaps worth a try?

Hey, hi! My aerial gym was closed for about a year, just opening back up about 8-10 months ago, so I can definitely relate to the frustration of an extended break. :) After about 6 months, I finally felt like I'd caught back up with my past self and things stopped being so frustrating, so hang in there (hah). It does get better.

Thanks for the costume idea. I'll be noodling on it some more in the next couple weeks. I have some time until my official costume deadline, so I might have a brain wave that takes me in an entirely different direction on this one.

• Like 1

Big hugs! Holiday season is reallllly a mind fuck sometimes. <3 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

happy almost end of the year! holiday season can be brutal on our brains, seriously. with the cookies and the socks it sounds like you're taking good care of yourself. Keep it up and see you back here soon!

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Hey everyone and thanks for your words of encouragement. Much appreciated. I've spent a bit of time hermit-ing (and finished my socks). Off work until the 2nd, so spending some good mental recuperation time (and hiding from the negative temps outside...brrr!) while thinking about short-ish and longer term life plans. It's been an interesting couple of weeks.

• Like 3