Ensi - The End Of The Map

Ensi

51 minutes ago, Ensi said:

I'm just a bit confused with the dosage (@deftona, too)... Are you talking about micrograms or milligrams? Here in Finland, they recommend 100 micrograms as the highest dosage. Maybe this is language barrier and I just lose something in translation. Here's a vitamin D supplement with 1000 IU. It seems like there are different kinds of recommendations in different countries...

I take 25 µg which is micrograms. The recommended daily dose here is between 1,000 and 4,000 miligrams which is between 25 and 100 micrograms so the suggested quantities are the same. TH's doctor told him not to bother with anything below 25 µg which is 100 micrograms and 1,000 miligrams. 

Why don't we just choose the one standard of measurement, I wonder... I have found the 25 µg to have made a big difference so maybe start there and crank it up a notch later if there are no discernible effects? 

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

56 minutes ago, deftona said:

I take 25 µg which is micrograms. The recommended daily dose here is between 1,000 and 4,000 miligrams which is between 25 and 100 micrograms so the suggested quantities are the same. TH's doctor told him not to bother with anything below 25 µg which is 100 micrograms and 1,000 miligrams. 

Could walk me through the math here? How is 1,000 milligrams 25 micrograms? I feel super stupid asking this, because maybe this is common math, but my brain is struggling. Badly.

My brain has now locked itself in a room in Alaska and is listening to Bon Jovi.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

2 minutes ago, Ensi said:

Could walk me through the math here? How is 1,000 milligrams 25 micrograms? I feel super stupid asking this, because maybe this is common math, but my brain is struggling. Badly.

No, I couldn't because I couldn't get my head around it either but that's what Google assured me... 

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

19 minutes ago, deftona said:

No, I couldn't because I couldn't get my head around it either but that's what Google assured me... 

Oh my goooood I did some research and it seems like biological substances don't math like you and I.

Here's an online calculator which states that 1,000 IU is equal to 25 microgrammes: http://www.etoolsage.com/converter/IU_Converter.asp

Phew I can now die in peace :)

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Ensi said:

My brain has now locked itself in a room in Alaska and is listening to Bon Jovi.

I hope it at least cycles through some of the more fun tunes.  Bed of Roses on repeat is a pretty depressing place to be ;) 

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

3 hours ago, Ensi said:

tumblr_inline_ns5tai34Rt1rnt1hu_500.gif

Resultado de imagen de wolverine sad gif

20ppqp.jpg

• Haha 3

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I hope it at least cycles through some of the more fun tunes.  Bed of Roses on repeat is a pretty depressing place to be ;) 

As long as we stay away from Woodkid, I'm fine.

... Woodkid has the most gorgeous depressing music there is :D Any recommendations for fun tunes?

57 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Resultado de imagen de wolverine sad gif

20ppqp.jpg

tumblr_nhfg3hMhKl1qiur4vo1_500.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ensi said:

tumblr_nhfg3hMhKl1qiur4vo1_500.gif

Resultado de imagen de wolverine I can't gif

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

Again, I have no comments about how I spent my day, so I'm just gonna hit you with facts! Ensi:

• did all her assignments and went for two walks
  • realized that her depression reached the "I gotta do something about this" level
  • practiced mindful eating, and had lunch with a friend
  • removed over 100 pictures from Facebook
  • deleted her Instagram account (for now)
  • changed her profile pic to Black Widow, because BW copies Ensi's hair style 100 % and Ensi feels like she's somewhat entitled to that
  • danced around a bit to some old dance music
  • didn't do any weird, bloody rituals to celebrate her fresh start or anything, but decided to do some sensible changes to her daily life, like having more vitamin D
  • Like 7

32 minutes ago, Ensi said:

...changed her profile pic to Black Widow, because BW copies Ensi's hair style 100 % and Ensi feels like she's somewhat entitled to that

Noticed it, loved it, totally agreed that you deserve credit for her style. :)

• Like 2

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

4 hours ago, Ensi said:

hope you appreciate the fact that I took at least 14 minutes to find a gif that could look like Loki turning back from being Ron Swanson OK that's how much I love you

Bwhahaha! You're awesome!

4 hours ago, Ensi said:

tumblr_oy2kfhPfnK1qhtpi8o1_500.gif

Come home, we'll have dinner

Resultado de imagen de wolverine animated series food gif

Resultado de imagen de disney cinderella dream come true gif

51 minutes ago, Ensi said:

didn't do any weird, bloody rituals to celebrate her fresh start or anything

Why not? I always find it's the best part...

53 minutes ago, Ensi said:

changed her profile pic to Black Widow, because BW copies Ensi's hair style 100 % and Ensi feels like she's somewhat entitled to that

I still remember the very first time I saw that character, in a spiderman comic I had surreptitiously stolen from my brother. I was like 6 years old and I loved everything about her. It was my first encounter with a badass woman. And fortunately, because I was already having serious problems with feminine roles...

It looks like you kept yourself busy today :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Noticed it, loved it, totally agreed that you deserve credit for her style. :)

Thanks, Doc <3

13 hours ago, zenLara said:

Bwhahaha! You're awesome!

Come home, we'll have dinner

Resultado de imagen de wolverine animated series food gif

Resultado de imagen de disney cinderella dream come true gif

Loki_240a32_5353331.gif

That Cinderella gif always reminds me of this:

dbbe85a9ff80604c3bd133c53d7948e2.gif

Why not? I always find it's the best part...

I only had grapefruit. Not bloody enough for my sacrificing preferences :I

I still remember the very first time I saw that character, in a spiderman comic I had surreptitiously stolen from my brother. I was like 6 years old and I loved everything about her. It was my first encounter with a badass woman. And fortunately, because I was already having serious problems with feminine roles...

Aww you little thief! :D But it was for the greater good, so it was totally fine ;) What kinds of problems were you having? I can only remember being fricking pissed every time I had to wear a dress :DD And I grew up with two older brothers and a Dad who thought that girly stuff was embarrassing. Oh, the confusion!

I had some issues sleeping, as I always do before travelling. I got to the train station OK, but then the train looked very different than usually: it was old, and it even said something about a museum on the side of the carriages. I got on, and there were a lot of people. There were no numbered seats, even though my train should have had numbers, so I just sat opposite to some woman. She immediately started talking, and I realized that I didn't want to sit there talking with her all the way to Tampere (2 hours away). I changed seats ("Oh, there's someone I know...! Bye!"), and sat alone in a group of four seats.

Then some family of four walked by, and their Dad said, "The three of you could sit here, and I could find another seat somewhere else!" I offered to go sit somewhere else so that the four of them could sit together, and they thanked me. Finally, I sat down opposite to some guy and his Jack Russell Terrier. "Do you mind if I sit here?" "Sure, if the dog doesn't bother you!" So I sat down and got comfortable.

There were some awkward eye contacts with the guy (#justFinnishThings), and then I look at the poster that was right above him on the wall. It said, "Come dine with us at the end station at Uusikaupunki!" And I suddenly started putting things together in my mind. I asked the guy, "Hey, is this training going to Tampere?" and he said "No, we're going to Uusikaupunki! The train to Tampere is there on the track next to us." And I looked out the window, and saw a familiar looking train. "Oh shiiiiit, that's my train!" I laughed and started to get my stuff. "But Uusikaupunki is pretty rad, too", the guy said. "I'm sure, but I'll check it out some other time. Byeee!" And then I jumped out of the train and got aboard my own train. The train left for Uusikaupunki a couple of minutes later. If I hadn't changed seats two times and finally seen that poster on the wall, I wouldn't have probably realized that I was on the wrong train until it would have been too late.

Again, I have no comments. I hope this means that I have a very anxious guardian angel somewhere taking care. And I really, really need this break :D

tumblr_ndcm5hOduy1sqa4vzo1_500.gif

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ensi said:

Loki_240a32_5353331.gif

Right away! Let me get rid of this bub blocking the passage to the fridge

Resultado de imagen de wolverine drinking gif

4 hours ago, Ensi said:

That Cinderella gif always reminds me of this:

dbbe85a9ff80604c3bd133c53d7948e2.gif

And yours reminded me of this one:

Imagen relacionada

4 hours ago, Ensi said:

What kinds of problems were you having?

I was having trouble with women roles. In every movie, series or book I had access to, the guys were the leading roles, and the ones making the decisions, having plans and ideas, being proactive and taking action, while the women or girls were just being dragged by them, acting like dolls, only worried about looking beautiful and talking about boys, and with no imagination whatsoever. So I was fine with being a girl, my body and such, and I liked to play with dolls and girls' stuff (though I also liked going out and getting dirty), but I just couldn't accept that I had to behave like one. I was kind of obsessed with being a boy. At 8-9 a neighbour lent me a few books of "Los cinco" (the famous five in english?) and I don't remember anything from those books, the story or the characters, except for George/Georgina, which was a great discovery. There were more girls in the world feeling like me, sure, because if not, why had that writer built up that character? I stopped using dresses and skirts after I read those books :D and I spent my 13-16 wearing old clothes from my brother. I got better with time, as I discovered new characters and people, but I still have troubles with it, and it still shows in that I am way more comfortable dressing "neutral" (it's a pity I am so tiny, otherwise I would buy all my clothes in men stores), I never wear make up or high heels or dresses, and every time someone tries to stereotype me I can reeeeally get angry.

Now that I think of it, this explains a lot about my wish to become a strong metal-clawed man. Urgh. *sneaks away and calls her therapist*

4 hours ago, Ensi said:

I changed seats ("Oh, there's someone I know...! Bye!"), and sat alone in a group of four seats.

*takes notes*

The whole story was kind of funny :D I'm glad though, that you finally got to take your train. I hope you had a nice trip.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Ensi said:

changed her profile pic to Black Widow

This threw me for a major loop.  You changed it just before subbing to my thread and I was like "who is this person with the same username as Ensi?" :D 

• Haha 2

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

4 hours ago, zenLara said:

Right away! Let me get rid of this bub blocking the passage to the fridge

Resultado de imagen de wolverine drinking gif

60%:

tumblr_inline_oyyq7bRaEl1ubct4j_540.gif

40 %:

tumblr_inline_omfw2ediOY1ud7dhb_500.gif

Aww I love that pug gif!! Precious <3

I was having trouble with women roles. In every movie, series or book I had access to, the guys were the leading roles, and the ones making the decisions, having plans and ideas, being proactive and taking action, while the women or girls were just being dragged by them, acting like dolls, only worried about looking beautiful and talking about boys, and with no imagination whatsoever. So I was fine with being a girl, my body and such, and I liked to play with dolls and girls' stuff (though I also liked going out and getting dirty), but I just couldn't accept that I had to behave like one. I was kind of obsessed with being a boy. At 8-9 a neighbour lent me a few books of "Los cinco" (the famous five in english?) and I don't remember anything from those books, the story or the characters, except for George/Georgina, which was a great discovery. There were more girls in the world feeling like me, sure, because if not, why had that writer built up that character? I stopped using dresses and skirts after I read those books :D and I spent my 13-16 wearing old clothes from my brother. I got better with time, as I discovered new characters and people, but I still have troubles with it, and it still shows in that I am way more comfortable dressing "neutral" (it's a pity I am so tiny, otherwise I would buy all my clothes in men stores), I never wear make up or high heels or dresses, and every time someone tries to stereotype me I can reeeeally get angry.

Now that I think of it, this explains a lot about my wish to become a strong metal-clawed man. Urgh. *sneaks away and calls her therapist*

Hmmm I didn't really think about it when I was a kid... I mostly read books with girl protagonists, and horse comics with girls who worked hard to take care of their horses. I mostly faced the "this is how girls are!!" talk IRL, and mostly I was told that everything I liked was meant for boys. Like uh thanks. And it hasn't stopped, especially with computer science. And superhero movies. AAARRRGGHHHH what's your therapist's number? :DD Anyway, you do you. You're a wonderful strong metal-clawed man :)

The whole story was kind of funny :D I'm glad though, that you finally got to take your train. I hope you had a nice trip.

Funny, and yet I'm super relieved that I realized my mistake in time :'D And thanks! The trip was very calm, and I'm safely in Winterfell. I'm already feeling a lot better, and I think I've only cried 20 minutes in total which is, like 10 minutes less than yesterday. My goal is to cry only 10 minutes tomorrow :DD

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

This threw me for a major loop.  You changed it just before subbing to my thread and I was like "who is this person with the same username as Ensi?" :D 

tumblr_ncc3yyDxC21r6mt8go2_500.gif

tumblr_ncc3yyDxC21r6mt8go4_r1_500.gif

• Like 4

Coming to Winterfell snapped me out of my misery. I was somehow very anxious to meet Mom and Dad, but they were just happy to see me, and we spent some time talking about my plans. My anxiety melted away slowly, and then they were like, "We watched the first half of The Fellowship of the Ring yesterday, let's watch the rest of it now!" and so we did :D Mom had made salmon soup for dinner, and I did my very best to eat mindfully. I think I'm starting to be more aware of my feelings again :) I need to map out what makes me struggle in my own everyday-life so much, and take action to minimize it. I probably harbour some thoughts about having to manage everything myself, that I have to prove that I'm a capable human being. Maybe a new hobby could help me focus on something else than studying...

Bonus: I had a laughing fit yesterday while looking for a response gif for ZenLara, and Dad asked, "what's so funny?" but I didn't even know where to start explaining our gif conversations so I just kinda froze :DD

• Like 5

On 12/8/2017 at 12:52 AM, Ensi said:

tumblr_inline_ns5tai34Rt1rnt1hu_500.gif

Let's look at the map...

505px-Arctic_circle.svg.png

Ah, it would seem that I'm pretty much exactly at the same height as Alaska. No wonder I'm SADding all over the place x__x I'm not quite at the "lock yourself in your room and blast Bon Jovi in Alaska" level quite yet, thankfully :'D

I'm just a bit confused with the dosage (@deftona, too)... Are you talking about micrograms or milligrams? Here in Finland, they recommend 100 micrograms as the highest dosage. Maybe this is language barrier and I just lose something in translation. Here's a vitamin D supplement with 1000 IU. It seems like there are different kinds of recommendations in different countries...

On 12/8/2017 at 2:48 AM, Ensi said:

I think I was just adding to the confusion, talking about Fish Oil instead of Vitamin D.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Machete said:

I think I was just adding to the confusion, talking about Fish Oil instead of Vitamin D.

No worries, I understood what you meant :) I'm taking more vitamin D supplements now, I'm sure they will be helpful!

I got a lot of stuff done in the morning: I completed a few study assignments, sent my new tax card to the library, cancelled my subscription to an online magazine, and then Mom and I went for a walk to get me my antihistamine meds. Eating's been mindful, even though I got a bit hangry by lunch :D I did a short workout yesterday (with push-ups and beginner shwimp shwuats), and slept OK.

Pirate Adventure Update

tumblr_nd09zaSs2v1tchrkco1_500.gif

I have decided to leave the Viking Village behind me. As much as I like their saunas and cold baths in the sea, I believe that looking ahead and dreaming big could help me leave my depression behind. I haven't dared to dream big, and I have been feeling somewhat hopeless and out of control. Now I see that even though I can't control everything doesn't mean that I can't create plans and goals for myself. I am going to go through the maps I have in my ship, and map out some places I'd like to reach before I reach Summer Islands - which is still months away. I will look for places where I can better myself and search for medicine for wounds, whether they're old or new. This will be my map for the year 2018 - I hope that there will be many X's to find!

• Like 5

!!!!

My boss from the library called! I GOT A JOB!

613ecbc65a93287019e8c665c5afe2b4.gif

One of the librarians has studies from January to June, and I'll be replacing her :) Perfect! If I am accepted in the master's degree studies, the studies won't begin until autumn. Everything fits. Ahh this is very good. Hooray!

In other news: I'm slightly under the weather, but it's lovely to be in Winterfell! We went to see a comic exhibition at the museum, and I feel like drawing something nice :) Have a lovely Tuesday, y'all!

• Like 6

Congrats friend!! I'm so excited for you :) I'm glad things are working out!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

The Jedi Valkyrie Chronicles: Novice

Jedi Battle Log

“That's the key isn't it? To know the darkness will always remain, but how you choose to face it, handle it... that's the important part. To not let it consume. To focus on the good, the things that fill you with wonder. That struggle with the darkness is worth it to see such things.”

- Amren, A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas

Challenges#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45

Yay for getting the new job!!!

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja