Inazea pushes forward

Inazea

Inazea vs Depression, Round 2 would be another great title for this challenge. 

This challenge I will take smaller steps and try to make the things I absolutely have to do easier for myself. Plus, since I'm getting a student loan again, I will implement rewards for myself and hope it will motivate me a bit more.

Diet:

• track intake  (yes, even that splash of milk you put into the 7th cup of coffee, Inazea!)

• no grains for breakfast except on Sundays 

Fitness: 

• strength training 3x/week 

• at least 10 minutes of stretching every day

Life:

• finish lab reports by Sunday

• finish summaries by Monday

• no cancelling on student without a good reason 

Bonus quests:

• go for one run
    • go for 3 runs
    • go for 5 runs
    • go for 7 runs
  • read two books
  • stick to cheat sheet every day
  • finish the novel I'm currently writing

If I get at least a B in my main challenge, I will reward myself with the Lego Saturn V rocket, if I also get at least a B in my bonus quests I will add 100€ to my travel budget and if I go for all 7 runs I will treat myself to a spa and beauty day at home between Christmas and New Years.

• Like 2

Nice looking challenge! Smaller steps are great, and especially with how busy the holidays can be I think it's smart to scale back on challenge goals a little. (Er... not to toot my own horn or anything... I'm definitely not doing a super simple challenge this time...) 

I'm sorry to hear about the depression. Running might help you feel a little better if you can manage it, but remember to go easy on yourself too. <3

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I'm sorry to hear about the depression. Running might help you feel a little better if you can manage it, but remember to go easy on yourself too. <3

Thank you. :) Running was basically a straw I held onto during my last low. It didn't really ease my depression but it gave me a sense of accomplishment. This time I have a job and some uni stuff which are more important so that's why I made running a bonus but after I didn't go on that run last challenge, I want to try again this time.

• Like 1

So because I didn't finish my summary on Monday as I said I would and thus didn't study properly, I failed the test and have to retake this one stupid day of the class in one year which means it will take me one more year to get my degree. Because of one. Stupid. Day. I should have known better...

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, Wobbegong said:

That's the worst! There's no way you can just retake the test??

Unfortunately we can only retake exams, not the tests at the beginning of each day at the lab. I asked if it was possible to further test me because I did study but the prof said everyone would then want special treatment... So eventhough I may have known 90% of the matter but the other 10% were tested, I have to wait a year. It's insanely frustrating because if that hadn't happened I would have started my Master's next year.

Though I decided to focus on other things, I'm not under pressure because I will continue getting a student loan since several doctors are "happy" to vouch for my mental illness as a reason for taking longer than usual, I'd still prefer to get further in uni.

• Like 2

Week 1 Recap

Diet:

• track intake: 6/7

• no grains for breakfast except on Sundays: 5/6

Fitness: 

• strength training 3x/week: 2/3 

• at least 10 minutes of stretching every day: 6/7

Life:

• finish lab reports by Sunday: 1/1

• finish summaries by Monday: 0/1

• no cancelling on student without a good reason: 0/2 (wasn't quite sure how exactly I would track this, since I'm teaching 2x a week I'm just going to track it like this now and aim for 0/2) 

Bonus quests:

• go for one run: 0/1 
    • go for 3 runs
    • go for 5 runs
    • go for 7 runs
  • read two books: 0/2
  • stick to cheat sheet every day: 5/7
  • finish the novel I'm currently writing: 0/1

I'm happy with how this week turned out with the exception of the "incident" in uni. 

• Like 1

Week 2 Recap

Diet:

• track intake: 3/7

• no grains for breakfast except on Sundays: 4/6

Fitness: 

• strength training 3x/week: 2/3 

• at least 10 minutes of stretching every day: 7/7

Life:

• finish lab reports by Sunday: 0/1

• finish summaries by Monday: 1/1

• no cancelling on student without a good reason: 0/2 

Bonus quests:

• go for one run: 1/1 
    • go for 3 runs: 1/3
    • go for 5 runs
    • go for 7 runs
  • read two books: 0/2
  • stick to cheat sheet every day: 5/7
  • finish the novel I'm currently writing: 0/1

I finally went for that run! Everything is covered in snow which got me really excited, I could not not go run through the white woods. 

My tracking was... well, should do better this week. And I decided to drop out of that class since I have to redo that one day at the lab next year anyways, it doesn't make a difference in my timing and gives me more room to focus on my physical and mental health now. Which should make continuing my studies (in a year... haha...) easier. No more excuses to not get the rest of the challenge done then!

• Like 1

I spent the last 10 days in bed with a fever and all kinds of infections, today is the first day I can sit upright for more than one hour without getting dizzy.

I basically completely ignored my diet but I lost a bunch of fat anyways (magic happens when you stop counting calories and eating healthy and just eat pizza and chocolate for 10 days straight).

At least I read two books! Don't really know how to deal with the rewards but seeing as the student loan people are still checking my health background I might as well postpone that until next challenge.

So this was fun... 

• Sad 1