• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hi guys! 

So I will be doing my first 4 week challenge during this course.

I fell like I still have a lot to learn and I am so eager to get started. I love the idea of this challenge because I get to get to focus on bettering myself one small step at a time and I am all about people pushing themselves to be the best version of themselves that they can be.

So I have decided to start with two main quests, out of which I will choose three small challenges in one and one small challenge from the other that kind of overlaps the two main quests in the end. I am starting small because I can tend to feel overwhelmed very easily and I really am looking forward to enjoying this and creating an awesome experience instead of a stressful one.

giphy.gif

Here we go!

I have decided to focus on my weight loss, as well as spending time with my dogs. Sure, they see me everyday and we greet each other with hugs and kisses, but between life happening and all that it sometimes get tough when I realize that I don't spend all that much REAL QUALITY TIME with them. That is one thing at this moment that I also feel is super important to level up in my life. Like they say, if it bothers you then do something about it.

QUEST: LOSE THE WEIGHT

Challenge Goals

1. Eat Clean - Follow diet

2. More Weights - Weight Lift 4 - 5 times per week

3. More Cardio - Jog / Dance for 20 minutes at least once per week

QUEST: PUPPY LOVE

Challenge Goals

4. Tricks and Games - Play fetch with the big dogs 1 - 2 times a week

Okay, so let me go ahead, prepare and do this!

Whoop whoop!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

welcome to the challenge! you have a lot of activities planned, are you scheduling it in somehow? I find personally that if I don't write down what I intend to do on the days I want to do it, it's super easy for me to pretend I was never going to do anything in the first place :P

• Like 2

I'm totally following you.

you must REALLY love to lift.  I've been trying to get to 3x a week.  too much (for me)...

I'm dialing back to 2.

I really find it tricky to find that kind of time.

:respect.

• Like 1

@karinajean Yes! Hahaha, I know exactly what you are saying. I have a little bit of a planning problem... So I have this calendar and file with sheets that I mark off and highlight and write in all the things I have to do. Mt next three months schedule is planned out so I feel like I can manage this well. I am a bit anal about planning, the only thing I need to master is getting it right to stick to my plans and avoid all distractions. But I have got the people around me on board and have explained to them how important my gym and weight loss is to me and so I feel like I have their support to help me stick to my plan. Hehehe

The only thing I need to add is my time with my four legged loves of my lives.... I am about to grab the calendar and a pen to write it in... Literally when I am done with this post!

@muffin04 Thank you!!!!

@TGP I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE lifting. I have never felt more amazing in my life. I am so grateful to have found it in my life. I found it really hard at first as well. I was recently on a program with a friend where she made us workout 5 x a week (Monday to Friday) with no exceptions, even if we got home at like 8 at night she would be like "get your butt over here because we are gyming". But I recently started lifting alone because I am on a different program now and she doesn't have all the equipment I need, whereas I do (so I started lifting at my own house). Having my own equipment at home helps fit it in whenever I want, I just need to be hella-disciplined to get it done. I also stay in a small farming industry type of town in South Africa so its normal to wake up here at crazy-hour to endure a long day so I have slowly started getting myself accustomed to waking up early to gym before work (the days I fail, I gym at night). Its hard to get to this point but it just takes time, patience and perseverance. What also helps is that I have a group of friends who are all into fitness, some of which are also trying to lose weight like me (we have a group chat like thing that we use because we can't see each other every day) and we all motivate each other and support each other while each of us individually does the sport or exercise that we are passionate about. 

I know that I can do this with all the support I have and I will be sure to post and update my progress as I go along!

Thank you guys! 

• Like 2

I thought I was seeing double, we have a Ambassador @Wild Wolf in the Rangers!

Nice looking goals and plan, I would second karinajean on the scheduling. I have workout days in my phone calendar with reminders :D 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2017 at 7:03 AM, WildWolf said:

So I have decided to start with two main quests.

I have decided to focus on my weight loss, as well as spending time with my dogs.

Challenge Goals

1. Eat Clean - Follow diet
  2. Weight Lift 4-5 times per week
  3. Jog / Dance for 20 minutes at least 2-3 times per week
  4. Play fetch with the big dogs 1-2 times a week

Hi WildWolf!  Welcome to the game!

Your challenge overall look good.  But let's try to get more specific with Quest #1.  "Clean" is a buzzword when it comes to diets, meaning different things to different people.   When you say "Eat Clean", exactly what are you meaning?  What's your diet that you'll be following, and how are you going to measure your success at following it?

• Like 1

@RES Mine are on my written calendar and my phone as well. I get reminders and emails on gym days and my days for measuring and weighing. :)

@Hazard Sorry about being vague. I will be tracking my diet on MyFitnessPal (I find it a very convenient app for tracking my meals). My diet consists basically of meat and veg, and a small amount of fruit. My aim each day is to get at least 90 - 100 grams of protein (I worked out that amount on the calculation of 0.5g x goal weight, being 45 - 50kg). Some days I am lucky to get more in, but food is quite pricey in South Africa on the money I earn but I try to get in what I can, 90 - 100 grams is also the highest affordable amount for me right now (I try push it as much as possible) and it seems to suit my body okay for now. I am a little person with the height of 150cm as well. 

Another thing I mean by "clean" is staying away from processed sugars and take away foods as much as possible. 

Please help me or correct me in any areas that you think I might be going wrong, I am all for learning and reshaping into the best possible routine and human that I can possibly be. I would appreciate any advice given, I have not been doing this for too long and I will take all advice into consideration until I find what works for me and my body.

Thank you everyone for the support.

You all are so awesome, I love this community.

• Like 2

On 11/23/2017 at 12:42 AM, WildWolf said:

But I recently started lifting alone because I am on a different program now and she doesn't have all the equipment I need, whereas I do (so I started lifting at my own house). Having my own equipment at home helps fit it in whenever I want, I just need to be hella-disciplined to get it done.

I'm jealous of your home gym setup, what kind of program are you doing?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WildWolf said:

@Laghail I don't use or have any machinery unfortunately, but I actually really don't mind that because my program does not make provision for that.

I do a program that consists of dumbbell, barbell and body weight exercises. 

Nah, we try not to be group-think-y here, but we tend to error on the side of "machines bad, free weights good." I use all of them to some extent, but barbell primarily. In any case, good luck on your program!

• Like 1

@Laghail I would love to use a few machines, but I am on my specific program that does not include machines because I don't have the finances to attend a gym with all that jazz. So I gotta do what works for me. I don't believe in any program or type of exercise being superior to another. I believe that each should do what he/she is passionate about.

Thanks for the support and the luck! I appreciate it very much.

• Like 2

WEEK 1 REPORT

First week was rough...

My work times changes completely, I got a bit sick from eating something that wasn't as fresh as it seemed and it felt like a week from hell...

I did manage to get in a little time with the pups (not as much as I would have liked).

I got 3 weight sessions in between all the change, but no jogging or dancing...

And I pretty much ate right most of the week.

I feel like I will be a lot more successful this week after settling into the new changes with work times etc. and I am very positive which is great!

PS. I was not expecting the work and time changes otherwise my challenge would have been completely different.

But let's see how well I can do from here.

Cheers to all the support by the way!

Have an awesome week everyone!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WildWolf said:

PS. I was not expecting the work and time changes otherwise my challenge would have been completely different.

I think the best plans are ones that can adapt to changes and still allow flexibility for life happening :D 

• Like 1

changing schedules Are very hard.  but for myself I resist the idea of making a challenge too inflexible.

changes to acommodate circumstances and better ideas seem all very reasonable to me.

• Like 1

Sounds like you adapted well to the changes however. You didn't meet your goals 100% but you kept at them and chipped away at the ones you could and stayed on track nutritionally. The eating is always the hardest part I find. And for alot of people eating is 80% of the change needed to make you healthier so good on you for keeping that bit going!

• Like 2

@RES Yes, but unfortunately my work times effect what I can do in the sense that I can jog while in town but not when I am at home later (I live further away in a less town like environment).

@TGP What I have done is changed my third goal to cardio once a week so that I can either jog if my work times allow it on a Friday or dance over the weekend at home. Seems more suitable to my time changes for now.

@ValkyrieRising Yes, eating well went good for me for 12 weeks and then I hit a low point where everything went to hell for about 2 months... But I feel like I am back on track again. I definitely agree on it being the most difficult part though.

Thank you to all of you for the support and inspiration. It really does help to keep me going!

Cheers!

• Like 2

WEEK 2

Report Back

I am super proud to be writing this report at the end of week 2 and I am excited to push myself in order to write a similar report by the end of this week.

I ate healthy 5 out of 7 days.

I danced for 40minutes once as my cardio.

I weight completed 6 weight lifting sessions.

I spent above 2 hours with the four legged children of the household.

giphy.gif

I feel so accomplished! And to add to my accomplishments I made some mean muscle gain because although I am 1kg heavier than last week Sunday, I am 2cm smaller around my chest, 2cm smaller around my waist, 2cm smaller around my tummy and 2cm smaller around my Hips. My arms are about half a cm smaller, thighs remained the same and booty lifted adding half a cm in size. 

I cannot explain the joy and happiness. I have been in this whole fitness and weight loss thing since about April 2017 and I have to say that I feel like this has been my most successful week yet. 

Thank you everyone for the motivation and support.

Cheers!

• Like 3

GJob!sincerely.

Fitness success is a total Natural High!  keep it in your back pocket for when things get a little hard.

btw; I haven't tried body measurements like you describe... but its nice to see some validation of your great week.  IMHO, though, even if you had NO improvement in body measurements, weight... still doing more and feeling strong would be success all on its own.

• Like 1

@TGP Thank you. Yes I use the measurements because I am overweight and am in the process of losing the weight. However I figured that full body measurements would be the best way to see my differences because I am weight training and building muscle as well. That way even when the scale goes up or stays the same I will know whether its muscle or fat. 

I have no problem if I don't have those extra losses because the weight training alone changes my life and how I feel and see myself, but it was a very nice nudge of excitement because I honestly was not expecting it. Hehehe

Thank you for the support!

I love WEIGHTLIFTING!

Have an awesome day everyone!

• Like 4

WEEK 3

Week 3 went terribly...

I was put on antibiotics and some heavy pain medication for my tooth, had to eat at ridiculous intervals to take the pills, and if I was not sleeping and passed out I was eating and taking pills before and after work which I still had to push through despite my meds.

I managed to get in an upper body session on the Monday before  started the meds, and then a full body session on Sunday (yesterday) once the meds was finished. 

I however ate very badly and ended up picking up all the centimeters that I lost :(

Time with the pups was also out of the question because I was so drained every day after work. 

But my terrible week has only motivated me to kick ass again this week! 

I have already completed my first weight session of the week, and I will be spending more than just one hour with the pups this week because I am on leave from work and will be spending the week at home.

I will also be getting more than one cardio session this week which I am super stoked about because I am hoping it will help give me an extra push after last week's downfall.

Anyway, here is to another brilliant week that I am most definitely ready to crush!!!

Thanks for the support!!!

Have a good week everyone! 

Cheers! 

• Like 4

Final Report

Week 4

Hi guys, so this is my final report. It's a bit late bit that's just because I was out of internet range for a while. Reporting briefly from my phone now.

I see correctly during my final week, got in all 5 weight lifting sessions and my one cardio session (30min). 

The pups received alot of fun attention with more than just some fetch and cuddles. I also spent some good time bathing and grooming them. We had a blast! (Although my St. Bernard was not too impressed with the bathing, she enjoyed all the other attention). 

I am super impressed with myself and what I was able to achieve during this challenge and I am very excited to get going on my next challenge which I will put up by the end of this week as soon as I am in the office again.

I really want to say thank you for all the support I have received. It's helped motivate me! This has been awesome!

Here's to fitness and building each other up! 

Cheers!

• Like 1