Elastigirl's Incredible Year

Elastigirl

Well, not to brag  (too much) but it has been a pretty Incredible year for this super hero. First off, I had a rollercoaster named in my honor: The Incredicoaster, https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/11/pixar-pier-to-bring-new-incredicoaster-and-more-to-disney-california-adventure-park-summer-2018/ and now the sequel to my movie has been announced (premiering on my birthday)

To continue the awesomeness I will work on these goals this challenge. The  last week of the challenge we are having out of town family, and hosting a Christmas get together, so I will do what I can and not stress the rest.

Goals:

1) Morning Routine

drink water or broth

read Bible (almost done with reading through it in a year _reward super fancy dinner out)

start workout by 8:30

Week 1 _ _ _ _ _ Week 2 _ _ _ _ _ Week 3 _ _ _ _ _ Week 4 _ _ _ _ _

2)Focused Flexibility 3 x a week

Week 1 _ _ _ _ _ Week 2 _ _ _ _ _ Week 3 _ _ _ _ _ Week 4 _ _ _ _ _

3) Let My Light Shine 3 x a week

Use light box

Take  Vitamin D

walk - winter weather permitting- I don't have to walk to complete this goal. Leaving it up to my judgement. I do better with some outside time, but if the weather is truly miserable all week, then I'm not going to stress about it.

Week 1 __ _ _ week 2 _  _ _ Week 3 _ _ _ Week 4 _ _ _ 

Other:

Habits I already have

Do my workouts- currently using Integral Strength from GMB
post video on GMB so the trainers can advise me

I'm not tracking on MFP, just doing an experiment and seeing how I do without tracking;

• Like 16

Wisdom- 13.5 Dexterity- 10 Charisma- 11 Strength- 12 Constitution-10 

Elastigirl Just Living Life - January 3 to February 6 New Year Challenge! - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"The chief goal of living is not to merely stay alive" Mike Rowe

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

almost done with reading through it in a year _reward super fancy dinner out

Dude, that's fantastic!! Way to go!!

giphy.webp

Following for INCREDIBLENESS!!

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 42

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Books in Progress:

Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (24%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%)  |  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (0%) 
Books Finished:
Captivating (100%)  |  The Prodigal God (100%)  |  Not Yet Married (100%)  |  Gentle and Lowly (100%)

Yay! It’s so cool that the movie that spawned the NF name is releasing the sequel after 14 years on your birthday. I would be stoked if they released something like that on my birthday lol. Racer gets Avengers Infinity Stones next year, lucky little turd :P

Following as always!

Wolf

"Maximum Effort!"

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- Level 10 (Respec)

Class: Operator/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: STR: 28 / DEX: 20 / END: 21 / CON: 27 / WIS: 31 / CHA: 30

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The Scout Who Outwitted the Lifter of the Dead

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Following along again.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Following, and looking forward to an incredibles finish to the year.

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Obviously I'm following.

Glad to see you again.

4 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Dude, that's fantastic!! Way to go!!

giphy.webp

Following for INCREDIBLENESS!!

Thanks. Mr Incredible made a deal that we would reward ourselves for reading the Bible in a year by going out to either one of those Brazialian Steak Houses or this really amazing steak place that is $$$

4 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Yay! It’s so cool that the movie that spawned the NF name is releasing the sequel after 14 years on your birthday. I would be stoked if they released something like that on my birthday lol. Racer gets Avengers Infinity Stones next year, lucky little turd :P

Following as always!

Wolf

"Maximum Effort!"

Lucky Racer. So excited. I didn't think they would ever do a sequel.

3 hours ago, Morag said:

Yup. Obviously.

---

Stay strong. Dream true. Walk tall.
-- Charles de Lint

:lol:

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Here for more Incredible heroics!

Yay! 

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along again.

Awesome, glad to have you ( and noted that it isn't even the end of week zero yet)

15 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Following, and looking forward to an incredibles finish to the year.

:)

• Like 2

Elastigirl Just Living Life - January 3 to February 6 New Year Challenge! - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

8 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Well, not to brag  (too much) but it has been a pretty Incredible year for this super hero. First off, I had a rollercoaster named in my honor: The Incredicoaster, https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/11/pixar-pier-to-bring-new-incredicoaster-and-more-to-disney-california-adventure-park-summer-2018/ and now the sequel to my movie has been announced (premiering on my birthday)

About time the world recognised your awesomeness and tenacity! :loyal:

Here to work on our deal ;)

• Like 1

Mrs.Van Starting from Scratch 🦸  👱‍♀️

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Awesome, glad to have you ( and noted that it isn't even the end of week zero yet)

Well done.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Yes you do, it's awesome! Just hope they won't butcher the sequel.

I read somewhere that the crew who wrote the first Incredibles were all the oddballs who didn't fit in at the studio.  If they find the same semi-outcasts to write the sequel, hopefully it will stay fresh and not fall into the sorry pit most sequels go down.

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

Following for the incredible things that you're going to do!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

7 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

I read somewhere that the crew who wrote the first Incredibles were all the oddballs who didn't fit in at the studio.  If they find the same semi-outcasts to write the sequel, hopefully it will stay fresh and not fall into the sorry pit most sequels go down.

Ha that’s awesome!

I really do hope they will, because as much as I adore Pixar most of their new films have been disappointing at best and they-should-be-ashamed-of-themselves at worst.

Following along, you've been doing great all year, no reason why that would change now :)

Following!!

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Current Challenge: Nova's FAB FIVE Summer Selfcare Superpalooza

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:13 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

About time the world recognised your awesomeness and tenacity! :loyal:

Here to work on our deal ;)

Thanks. NOt even going to try and borrow your food tenacity until Thanksgiving weekend is over for  us in America.:)

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:49 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Well done.

ANd you didn't even have to use reverse psychology on me to get it done:)

23 hours ago, KB Girl said:

That teaser is SO cool :D I've never seen the incredibles but I obviously need to remedy that! 

Never seen it? You must fix that immediately.

16 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Interesting. I hadn't heard that. Yeah, I'm super of mixed feelings about it. Super excited, but I hope they don't mess it up

16 hours ago, maegs said:

following! :) 

Hi there!

9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Ha that’s awesome!

I really do hope they will, because as much as I adore Pixar most of their new films have been disappointing at best and they-should-be-ashamed-of-themselves at worst.

I''ve really enjoyed all their films, even the latest one. Finding Dory was fun, and I absolutely loved Inside Out. I haven't seen Cars III yet, but I've actually heard it was good. Which surprised me. I think Cars 2 was fun, I wouldn't have paid money to go see it in a theater, but at home  it was enjoyable. The newest, Coco, I think looks really good. One of the things I liked about Pixar is that they didn't just try and have everything be sequels, which is why my mixed feelings. But Incredibles does seem like it  could be a sequel .

7 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Following along, you've been doing great all year, no reason why that would change now :)

Thanks

4 hours ago, Stribs said:

Following!!

Waving hello

• Like 3

Following again!

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Seems quiet in here today. Hope all you who celebrate had a good  Thanksgiving. Thought I'd take some time and right out some thoughts I had while reading Rob Wolff's Wired to Eat:

I'm listening to the audio book and it is very well done. I like the way Rob writes it is very engaging. The book is an update of his first book, some of the things he's learned since the first book, and it is supposed to be how you can learn to tweak the Paleo diet and find out carbs you can and can't handle.

I like his explaination on grains. He explains how they can be inflammatory, but he also says some people handle them better than others, and he also says they are better handled if they are soaked first.  

He also gave some good examples of test and research done that back up his point. And discussed how people had been helped.

He also gives lifestyle helps, such as enough sleep, community, and how to handle stress. I really appreciated the part on how to handle stress. A lot of times it seems like Paleo people's advice on stress is that it is all bad, and you just need to avoid it. Which as we all know, really doesn't work out. Rob talked about how we have a choice about how we respond to stress, and that makes more difference than trying to avoid stress. He also talked about how we can choose not to be stressed about things, such as traffic, or long lines. 

One thing I don't get, and to be fair I'm not done with the book, is that it always talks about Paleo for weight loss. Which is super frustrating. Ok, great, I did Paleo, I lost weight, now what? He even gives this example of people who were in a clinical study, and were fed Paleo food. They were told to finish all the food, because it met their calorie needs. But the people didn't want to because they were full earlier. Which, Rob says, shows that Paleo is super sustaining, and great for weight loss. Which is where I am a bit confused and need to tweak somehow. I ate Paleo, and then stalled out with my workouts. It wasn't like I was hungry, I just had a sudden drop in energy and my strength plateaud. When I started tracking on MFP, I noticed I was undereating by about 100 - 200 calories a day when I just ate to what I felt  was right. Which was enough to keep me going, but not enough to help me build muscle or fuel my workouts.Granted I probably could have eaten more sweet potatoes, but as much as I love them, that gets old. So, I added in some rice and oats and potatoes (now ok on Paleo) and had more variance, but tracked my food. Did great on that plan, gained strength, lost a bit of fat, maintained my weight.  But now I find myself varying more and more, and having more sugar, and my hunger seems to not be as well controlled. I think there are lots of fantastic reasons Paleo works. One reason is it just limits your choices. Which was great, for a while. But after a bit, I just felt the need to branch out. Sorry this paragraph is a rambling mess. Back to  my topic sentence, it gets frustrating when so many books just talk about weight loss. Or great muscle gain with bulking and cutting, which didn't work for me. I would like to not track food, but be able to eat Paleo, and be eating enough that I can gain a bit of muscle. I wish someone would write a book for people like me. Just normal, want to maintain, and maybe add some muscle while they are at it. The plan of tracking my food and eating mostly Paleo works, but I am not sure I want to track my eating the rest of my life.

• Like 5

While I haven't actually read it, I think Nourishing Traditions fits what you're looking for.. I believe it's very health focus, at least everything I've read about it is written in such a context. I've never really heard 'them' talk weight loss. It's about food that's great for your health. Lots of fat, broth and fermentation :D Not sure how it would affect your current appetite/sugar issues, but well...

But didn't you already know about it? 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares for the new year

my instagram - my gym's instagram