Teancum has a Stranger Things Christmas

Teancum

Image result for stranger things christmas lights gif

I thought Stranger Things was more Halloween than Christmas? Forget that! Just look at all this Christmas cheer!

I'm slowing things down a bit this challenge, cause last challenge was pretty rough, and I'm going to be away for half the challenge and so not have my "regular routines" (that's funny because I don't really have any anyways) and equipment. So the goal is being flexible and not gaining a ton of weight over the holiday season.

Hopper - Intermittent Fasting

"I'm just going to be out here by myself eating all this candy. I'm going to get fat. It's very unhealthy to leave me out here. I could have a heart attack or something"

In order to avoid the above quote from season 2, I will not eat after 8pm nor before 12pm. I started trying this last challenge - it's not too bad when I'm busy, but they days I'll have off are going to be tough.

Image result for stranger things hopper get fat gif

Eleven - Eat food, not too much, mostly plants

millie bobby brown waffles GIF by Stranger Things

Elle has a problem with eating too many processed foods. So do I. And too much of it. But I've been having a hard time recently with a strict tracking system. So for this challenge the mantra is Eat food (not processed junk), Not too much, Mostly plants (focus on fruits and veggies).

Mike, Will, Dustin and Lucas  - Gather my Party and Exercise

excited finn wolfhard GIF by Stranger Things

I need some more IRL support if I'm going to succeed at this long-term. I'd like to do an obstacle course race next year, and I think it'll help to try to get a team together. So that'll be a goal for this challenge. My exercise will also focus on things like the mini challenge activities - doing fun physical activity when I have the chance - rather than a focused program due to my changing environments.

stranger things hug GIF

Merry Christmas!

Image result for stranger things season 2 gif

See how festive that is?

• Like 2

"You can have what you want, or you can have something better"

Character Page                Current Challenge    

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

PACT challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

To set an example for my patients and my family.

To no longer feel inferior or held back because of my weight.

To gain more confidence and be proud of my appearance.

Starting Weight: 290 lbs

Main Quest: Reach my Ideal Body Weight of 190 lbs

Following you here for sure. :)

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132, 33Humbug[Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Following you here for sure. :)

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I love Stranger Things. Nice challenge!

Welcome guys! 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

Hopper's challenge has been going pretty well so far this week, eleven and the boys not so much. Keeping yo muy eating schedule, haven't improved the eating content too much. I'm ok with it for now - if I can get the fasting down this week hopefully I can work on eating better food once the challenge officially starts. 

• Like 3

Spoiler

Lol re-reading my last update, I realize I need to spell check more. I'm doing Spanish and French on Duolingo, and now my keyboard will decide random Spanish words are more appropriate. 

Week zero was kinda meh. Intermittent fasting went decently well - failed yesterday, but every other day stuck with it, including Saturday. I was home this morning too and managed to hold off! 

I've been doing more for the mini the last few days, and have taken a particular liking for greasing the groove! I'm trying to improve my push up count so it works well. 

Still need to gather my party, and I'm still eating like eleven so that'll need to change. Weight stayed about the same this week though, so that's good! 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Good job keeping with the IF and the mini.  

• Like 1

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132, 33Humbug[Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

I've still been eating crappily. I'm starting to reconsider intermittent fasting too. I feel like I haven't given it a good enough shot yet, but I've also been finding it adds to my scarcity mindset, which means I actively stuff in as much as possible when I can eat, which is counterproductive. So we'll have to see. I think what it really comes down to is I need to just be more disciplined and make some better habits. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

High time for an update! 

Hopper - Intermittent Fasting: going pretty well actually. I struggle on the weekends, but since I've been back working yesterday and today it's been quite easy. I could do better on cutting off my eating at 8, but it's usually not too much later. 

Eleven - Eat food, not too much, mostly plants: more like eat junk, all of it, mostly sugar. I'm at my parents for a couple weeks, and have had this compulsive need to eat everything in sight. It's bad. They have a lot more junk food than I even usually do at home, which definitely doesn't help. Luckily I've mostly been able to keep with fasting, and I've been packing mostly healthy lunches. So at least my time stuffing my face with junk is limited to about 4 hours in the evening, and I get full pretty quick. Km really hoping now that I've been here a few days I can move past some of the scarcity mentality and slow it down. 

Mike, Will, Dustin and Lucas  - Gather my Party and Exercise: not going so well anymore. I hurt my back again right before coming down to my parents - I left a kiddie pool full of water in the backyard for too long, and wanted to clean it up before we left, but it had frozen solid, and I strained my back pulling at it :( not very smart. So most of my exercising has been trying to stretch my back a bit each day. Gathering my party has proven difficult. I thought I might try to do an OCR and get a team together, but I now realize they all go in the summer, and I might be moving around that time and don't know where yet, so can't really plan for one yet. I'll have to think of a shorter term solution. 

So that's where I'm at. Not the greatest, but at least I'm trying for some things. 

• Like 3

Spoiler

Boo on the pulled back :( Totally understand about the snacking at the rents' place.  My in-laws always have snacks strewn about and it is soooo hard to keep from constantly stuffing my face while I am there.

Hang in there!

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja

22 hours ago, Teancum said:

So that's where I'm at. Not the greatest, but at least I'm trying for some things.

It sounds like you're doing what you can to manage the back injury and trying to seek out exercise opportunities with your party.  Keep at it.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: TBD

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"Come stay a while and listen" - Deckard

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf 

I've been doing a fair amount of walking the last few days, since it feels better on the back then sitting or standing, so that's good. This morning since I woke up though, my right hip flexors have been hurting, I think because I've been walking funny thanks to the back. So hopefully that won't be too much of a hindrance. 

Food is still bleh, but keeping up on the intermittent fasting. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Holding the course - still not eating great, but intermittent fasting has been going ok. Not sure about weight till I get home, but I suspect it'll be up. Back is slowly starting to get better though. 

• Like 2

Spoiler