annyshay

Hello, Annyshay Here!

Last challenge I learned something about myself...

I am SO MUCH STRONGER than I have given myself credit for, and I can TRUST MYSELF.

77d5890b01cbffc9353431d08092c3a2.png

Let's get right down to business shall we? This challenge, we're going to get to know the Earth with Toph. 

tumblr_m9nerhrF2x1qb0pjao8_400.gif

Quests!

Barefoot - spend time every day in nature barefoot

latest?cb=20160712015548

Twinkle Toes - movement breaks (dancing encouraged)

WastefulDecentFalcon-small.gif

Melon Lord - tell stories, play games

tumblr_m1ignxVhOj1qjypsdo1_500.gif

Dig Down - ongoing recovery work (journal and various online communities)

QQmr20t.gif

Also, never forget. No one is alone.

avatar_toph_and_iroh_by_evilash_zutara_1

Let's get started!!!

470cee00b354b8135b4e9185fb4ff6ac.gif

• Like 8

Love as thou wilt.

EARTH - day #1

giphy.webp

Barefoot - I went for a walk around the block sans shoes. The ground is mostly frozen and the leaves are really crispy, so it felt much different than a summer walk. Very neat.

Twinkle Toes - I'm still not 100% how to report this one. I broke up my sitting quite a bit yesterday with various stretches, walks, cooking tasks, and a RH workout. No dancing, sadly.

Melon Lord - Does the story "my throat is full of razorblades" count? No? Well,  I played a buuuuuunch of video games. :D Zelda BotW, Mario Kart, and Kingdom Rush. w00t.

Dig Down - I enjoyed my first Thanksgiving completely alone (other than Dragon, naturally). So that took a big chunk out of the "alone = sad" story. 

• Like 7

Love as thou wilt.

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

I broke up my sitting quite a bit yesterday with various stretches, walks, cooking tasks, and a RH workout

Your back is going to be SO happy! :)

Following the strongest girl on earth!

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Always excited to follow :)

Are you giving WMH a rest at the moment or is that still continuing amongst your other exploits?

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Loving the challenge, the sore throat not so much. Take care and feel better soon!

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

On 11/23/2017 at 9:09 AM, annyshay said:

Let's get right down to business shall we? This challenge, we're going to get to know the Earth with Toph.

*does best to contain excitement*

*fails*

tumblr_m4e92kJpBm1rp7aeb.gif

I FREAKING LOVE TOPH! And being barefoot, of course. This is my kind of challenge. Earthing, dancing, and one of the best characters in A:TLA history.

I'm here for support. Let me know if I can help in any way.

• Like 3

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle Earth

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

On 11/24/2017 at 4:02 PM, annyshay said:

Melon Lord - Does the story "my throat is full of razorblades" count? No? Well,  I played a buuuuuunch of video games. :D Zelda BotW, Mario Kart, and Kingdom Rush. w00t.

Dig Down - I enjoyed my first Thanksgiving completely alone (other than Dragon, naturally). So that took a big chunk out of the "alone = sad" story.

Honestly, this sounds heavenly to me at the moment, except for the razorblades part. Hope you loose them soon. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here though, but what I wouldn't do for some peace and quiet.

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Stormie Omartian

"A wife's prayers for her husband has a far greater effect on him than anyone else's, even his mother's."

EARTH - day #2

Barefoot - walked to the nearest pokestop and back, ground was squishier today ;)

Twinkle Toes - lots of sitting breaks to get tea or cough drops 

Melon Lord - more video games

Dig Down - just trying to get over this darned cold

EARTH - day #3

Barefoot - nope

Twinkle Toes - still mostly tea, cough drop breaks

Melon Lord - more video games and some anime

Dig Down - no but seriously I am getting bored of this sore throat shenanigans and I have a very busy Monday with a bunch of immunocompromised patients, not cool

• Like 3

Love as thou wilt.

On 11/24/2017 at 9:03 AM, zenLara said:

Your back is going to be SO happy! :)

Following the strongest girl on earth!

*blush*

On 11/24/2017 at 11:28 AM, SymphonicDan said:

Always excited to follow :)

Are you giving WMH a rest at the moment or is that still continuing amongst your other exploits?

Currently, I’m taking time off because of the nasty cold I picked up. I’m going to play around with how to keep it going once I’m back to full power. ;)

On 11/24/2017 at 12:44 PM, Elastigirl said:

Loving the challenge, the sore throat not so much. Take care and feel better soon!

Sore throat = not nice. Thanks.

19 hours ago, Wolfen said:

I FREAKING LOVE TOPH! And being barefoot, of course. This is my kind of challenge. Earthing, dancing, and one of the best characters in A:TLA history.

Yes! Now if I can just get well again I can enjoy it.

5 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Honestly, this sounds heavenly to me at the moment, except for the razorblades part. Hope you loose them soon. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here though, but what I wouldn't do for some peace and quiet.

Yeah, the quiet has been much needed. The evil cold of razor blades I would not recommend. Praying for some unexpected peace for you!

• Like 3

Love as thou wilt.

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

no but seriously I am getting bored of this sore throat shenanigans and I have a very busy Monday with a bunch of immunocompromised patients

Oh, no! What can you do in that situation? Can you still approach them or someone will have to do it for you?

• Like 2

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

16 minutes ago, annyshay said:

But it still makes me anxious

Sure :( 

Feel better!

• Like 1

EARTH - day #4

Barefoot - went for a walk right before sunset, the clouds were glorious

Twinkle Toes - tea and cough drop breaks

Melon Lord - wrote in my journal and online a bit, played a bunch of games too

Dig Down - spent the evening deciding to call in sick to work today (no but seriously, this is SO hard for me to do) and thinking about what that inability to take time off says about me in a bigger sense in light of the questions my therapist asked last week (vague, I know, but I'm still mulling it over)

I am going to go to therapy this morning, but otherwise I'm going to continue to try to heal. Annyshay would very much like to be back to full power.

• Like 6

Love as thou wilt.

8 minutes ago, annyshay said:

Annyshay would very much like to be back to full power.

This is a noble quest. Get well and get back at it.

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle Earth

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

6 hours ago, annyshay said:

Dig Down - spent the evening deciding to call in sick to work today (no but seriously, this is SO hard for me to do) and thinking about what that inability to take time off says about me in a bigger sense in light of the questions my therapist asked last week (vague, I know, but I'm still mulling it over)

I've always found the idea of struggling to take time off rather interesting. Looking from an outside Scandi perspective it seems to me like there's this deeply ingrained American culture that values work ethic over everything else, that you're supposed to work really hard no matter what happens in life and take pride that you never go on vacations or take sick days and free time is for slackers and potheads. ;) (Not that you get many vacation days anyway and what's up with the restricted number sick days?) In Scandinavia where work life balance is extremely important the attitude is completely different. There's no pride in how much you work, it's what you produce during those limited work hours. And there's no shame in calling in sick, the world's not going to fall apart because someone's gone for a few days. And besides, it's considered almost rude to come in sick to work. It's annoying to be around people with coughs and runny noses and you'll risk getting the whole office sick. It's much better for everyone if you just stay at home for a few days, faster recovery for you and more productivity for everyone else.

Don't get me wrong, this is just a very general observation, and has nothing to do with your particular case. I can imagine it's very different when you have patients to take care of and you can't be there for them. Even if it still might be better for everyone if you called in sick, I can see how it would complicate things.

Either way, hope you feel better soon! :) 

• Like 8
15 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

deeply ingrained American culture that values work ethic over everything else, that you're supposed to work really hard no matter what happens in life and take pride that you never go on vacations or take sick days and free time is for slackers and potheads

Image result for fuck that gif

My health matters more than a shit-end job.  I don't understand this mentality either.

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I've always found the idea of struggling to take time off rather interesting. Looking from an outside Scandi perspective it seems to me like there's this deeply ingrained American culture that values work ethic over everything else, that you're supposed to work really hard no matter what happens in life and take pride that you never go on vacations or take sick days and free time is for slackers and potheads. ;) (Not that you get many vacation days anyway and what's up with the restricted number sick days?) In Scandinavia where work life balance is extremely important the attitude is completely different. There's no pride in how much you work, it's what you produce during those limited work hours. And there's no shame in calling in sick, the world's not going to fall apart because someone's gone for a few days. And besides, it's considered almost rude to come in sick to work. It's annoying to be around people with coughs and runny noses and you'll risk getting the whole office sick. It's much better for everyone if you just stay at home for a few days, faster recovery for you and more productivity for everyone else.

Interesting to hear your perspective. What is about the average vacation days?  

• Like 1

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

1 hour ago, Teros said:

Image result for fuck that gif

My health matters more than a shit-end job.  I don't understand this mentality either.

I know this is the rational response, but I also know that I'm not the only doctor that struggles with this. I maaaay have googled 4 articles about why doctors don't call in sick before I called in. This article from the NYT was the most helpful to me because it cited a study of British GPs that have the same struggles.

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

And besides, it's considered almost rude to come in sick to work. It's annoying to be around people with coughs and runny noses and you'll risk getting the whole office sick. It's much better for everyone if you just stay at home for a few days, faster recovery for you and more productivity for everyone else.

Don't get me wrong, this is just a very general observation, and has nothing to do with your particular case. I can imagine it's very different when you have patients to take care of and you can't be there for them. Even if it still might be better for everyone if you called in sick, I can see how it would complicate things.

The really bizarre thing in American health care is that I get BOTH. If I go in, everybody looks at me like I'm trying to infect all the patients and other health care folks. If I stay home, I get called in to talk about "how important not missing clinic is" and other fun lectures. When I stay home, either patients get seen by doctors that don't know them or have to reschedule. There is no other option... yet.

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Interesting to hear your perspective. What is about the average vacation days?  

Don't get me started on how there is still no written policy for how many days of PTO (paid time off) I get in the third year of my current job. PTO includes vacation AND sick time, and it has been a fight every day that I want to take a day off. I have been forced to take PTO on national Holidays *cough* Christmas Eve *cough*. I think I get 20 days? But it depends on who is making the schedule that day, honestly.

/rant

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Love as thou wilt.

If I stay home, I get called in to talk about "how important not missing clinic is" and other fun lectures.

Hmm working as healthcare people you'd think they'd understand that sometimes people get sick. Or are doctors supposed to be exempt from that? ;) 

PTO includes vacation AND sick time

Now this is insane to me. You're sick for as long as you're sick.

• Like 3