• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

6 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Sure. I guess it's just a question of finding the right balance at the right times. :) 

Now, balance. That is tricksey. :D

• Like 3

EARTH - day #7

Barefoot - on the way to take out the recycling and put a Penzey's bumper sticker on my car (my first ever bumper sticker!!! see below)

Twinkle Toes - no? I don't know?

Melon Lord - YES. 4thwords.com = FTW

Dig Down - also yes, posting in my coaching group and journaling

love-people-bumper-sticker-web_orig.jpg

• Like 6

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:42 AM, annyshay said:

She might even be playing TWO different playthroughs of Breath of the Wild because it is just that good. ;) Both on Master Mode... one at the beginning because I have to be super sneaky to stay alive and another at the end because I HAZ THE POWERS.

Article I've been meaning to share: "Meditation and Moblins"

Interesting articles. I don't play video games, but I see the article point. I think you are right we somehow need both. It does help to have goals and challenges, but it is also easy to get so caught up in them and not be aware of where you are now, and not enjoy it. And to get fatigued from always chasing the next thing

• Like 4

EARTH - day #8

Barefoot - went on a walk early, 29 deg F, frost on the ground, not going to lie it hurt for a minute or two (kinda like ice bucket) but then my veins opened up and it was all good. Also, Frost is glorious. Everything covered in a layer of sparkles!

Twinkle Toes - today I took sitting breaks during the morning to get tea and do chest opening stretches

Melon Lord - writing and gaming, life is good

Dig Down - yup, spent the day consciously correcting the false beliefs of “I’m lazy. I haven’t done anything all week.”

latest?cb=20140413234453

• Like 6

Just booked tickets for Christmas in Yuma! Hope some of my family will be there ;) but there were deals that I couldn't pass up! 

img018.jpg

UPDATE: Family will be present and not working. Score! My mom is a middle school science teacher, so I can usually predict her vacations pretty well. Next... Dragon sitters and/or How to Fly my Dragon. :D 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, annyshay said:

went on a walk early, 29 deg F, frost on the ground, not going to lie it hurt for a minute or two (kinda like ice bucket) but then my veins opened up and it was all good. Also, Frost is glorious. Everything covered in a layer of sparkles!

This has been my mornings for the past few weeks. I'm proud of you for venturing out in spite of the cold. And yes, frost is glorious.

37 minutes ago, annyshay said:

Just booked tickets for Christmas in Yuma! Hope some of my family will be there ;) but there were deals that I couldn't pass up! 

Awesome! I know it will be a great holiday.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, annyshay said:

img018.jpg

UPDATE: Family will be present and not working. Score! My mom is a middle school science teacher, so I can usually predict her vacations pretty well. Next... Dragon sitters and/or How to Fly my Dragon. :D 

Enjoy the break! You deserve it through and through.

• Like 1

6c2430ba5a9cbba099559273be0963c9--korra-

So I took another quiz this week that claims to find your top five character strengths. What? I love a good personality quiz. :P This one was through SuperBetter, so I blame Wolfen. My top five character strengths were: 

1) Spirituality, Sense of Purpose, or Faith - "You have strong and coherent beliefs about the higher purpose and meaning of the universe. You know where you fit in the larger scheme. Your beliefs shape your actions and are a source of comfort to you."

2) Curiosity and interest in the world - "You are curious about everything. You are always asking questions, and you find all subjects and topics fascinating. You like exploration and discovery."

3) Bravery and Valor - "You are a courageous person who does not shrink from threat, challenge, difficulty, or pain. You speak up for what is right even if there is opposition. You act on your convictions."

4) Love of learning - "You love learning new things, whether in a class or on your own. You have always loved school, reading, and museums-anywhere and everywhere there is an opportunity to learn."

5) Leadership - "You excel at the tasks of leadership: encouraging a group to get things done and preserving harmony within the group by making everyone feel included. You do a good job organizing activities and seeing that they happen."

Sounds right to me. Too often lately I've been caught up in trying to survive, but these are the areas where I actually thrive. 

tumblr_m9yd0sAHxm1rcwidro1_500.jpg

The next step in SuperBetter is to think about these strengths in terms of what they can do for me, the world, and how they let me experience things others don't. I find the questions kind of silly truthfully. These are things that I value so deeply it's hard for me to imagine life without them. I am not interested in a world without meaning, learning, or growth. All of the stories and friendships I treasure are built off of these attributes. Brave has been in my blood, although I often feel like Neville... not typically brave in that boisterous sort of way. You just have to look to my work environment to know how much I will lean in to something perilous once I'm sure it's the right thing to do. I'm a Gryffindor by nature, but I can grow to be a Dauntless when necessary, if you've read the relevant books. 

It seems like it would be easy to tie these character strengths together actually. The core belief is that there is more to things that meets the eye. People, experiences, and ideas are all bigger on the inside, as it were. I guess I've found the right guild. I'm an adventurer to my bones. What say ye, friends? Also, let me know if you take the quiz too. I love thinking about this stuff. 

k06f02.jpg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, annyshay said:

went on a walk early, 29 deg F, frost on the ground, not going to lie it hurt for a minute or two (kinda like ice bucket) but then my veins opened up and it was all good. Also, Frost is glorious. Everything covered in a layer of sparkles!

Imagen relacionada

• Like 2

EARTH - day #9

Barefoot - yup, in the afternoon I walked around my apartment building. Not cold today. I think Minnesota is trying to be like home for me? (Rochester NY had huge temp swings thanks to the Lake Ontario.) Anyway, got to feel the differences between pavement (boo), big pebbles, little pebbles, moss, leaves, and grass. :)

Twinkle Toes - not doing great here, but I did do another circuit workout for Rising Heroes and some stretches

Melon Lord - writing and gaming (so much Zelda...)

Dig Down - yup and posted for you guys to enjoy

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, annyshay said:

Anyway, got to feel the differences between pavement (boo), big pebbles, little pebbles, moss, leaves, and grass. :)

I feel you on the cement and pavement feelings compared to everything else that actually gives away... Personally still trying to figure out detours away from my daily solids walking...

16 hours ago, annyshay said:

So I took another quiz this week that claims to find your top five character strengths. What? I love a good personality quiz. :P This one was through SuperBetter, so I blame Wolfen. My top five character strengths were: 

Confused, how do you get access to this. Is brings me to a login... Always curious to see fi I can find something new.

16 hours ago, annyshay said:

It seems like it would be easy to tie these character strengths together actually. The core belief is that there is more to things that meets the eye. People, experiences, and ideas are all bigger on the inside, as it were. I guess I've found the right guild. I'm an adventurer to my bones. What say ye, friends? Also, let me know if you take the quiz too. I love thinking about this stuff. 

Huh never thought of looking it that way... It makes total sense though! Thanks for sharing.

How Annyshay spent her Saturday night... Zelda Breath of the Wild spoilers re: Eventide Island.

Spoiler

So, I was trying to beat Eventide Island yesterday on Zelda. For those that don't know, it's basically this...

eGeiiJY.png

You land on an island and the Monk from the Shrine takes ALL YOUR STUFF except your Sheikah Slate and your underwear. A lot of things are doable with some stealth and the liberal use of the bomb function on your Sheikah Slate. And then there's this guy...

trial_of_the_hero_02-768x432.jpg

That's a Hinox. I was playing on Master Mode, so mine was Black (one level stronger) and his HP started recharging basically anytime I wasn't hitting him. Now, I went into this with 20 hearts (+3 from sleeping in a bed the night before). This beast could kill me in one hit if any of his limbs contacted me. Yeah. So. That took all night. Even with my awesome Urbosa's Fury attack (LIGHTNING EVERYWHERE!!!!).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bouncer the Resilient said:

Is brings me to a login... Always curious to see fi I can find something new.

I did have to make a login with the "register" link, but it's a university so they haven't been spamming me. Plus there are appear to be... LOTS of quizzes to play with in the future. 

Also, it's a LONG quiz - 240 questions. Fair warning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

I did have to make a login with the "register" link, but it's a university so they haven't been spamming me. Plus there are appear to be... LOTS of quizzes to play with in the future. 

Also, it's a LONG quiz - 240 questions. Fair warning.

Also got to this point and was wondering whether I should register. I love quizzes, just like you, to learn about myself, the world, to think about things... I actually have time tonight ;) so I might just do that quiz.

• Like 2

EARTH - day #10

Barefoot - walked around the whole block today as it was deliciously warm... almost 50 degrees!

Twinkle Toes - I... may need to adjust this goal. 

Melon Lord - wrote a bit in my journal, many many games

Dig Down - started imaging myself as a super hero with my 5 character strengths, fun times

• Like 6

On 12/2/2017 at 11:34 PM, annyshay said:

1) Spirituality, Sense of Purpose, or Faith - "You have strong and coherent beliefs about the higher purpose and meaning of the universe. You know where you fit in the larger scheme. Your beliefs shape your actions and are a source of comfort to you."

2) Curiosity and interest in the world - "You are curious about everything. You are always asking questions, and you find all subjects and topics fascinating. You like exploration and discovery."

3) Bravery and Valor - "You are a courageous person who does not shrink from threat, challenge, difficulty, or pain. You speak up for what is right even if there is opposition. You act on your convictions."

4) Love of learning - "You love learning new things, whether in a class or on your own. You have always loved school, reading, and museums-anywhere and everywhere there is an opportunity to learn."

5) Leadership - "You excel at the tasks of leadership: encouraging a group to get things done and preserving harmony within the group by making everyone feel included. You do a good job organizing activities and seeing that they happen."

1) Yip, confirmed.

2) Yip, confirmed.

3) Absolutely confirmed!

4) Your busy learning now! So confirmed.

5) Yip, read this in a lot of your posts about your interactions with people.

What are the Twinkle Toes again? I'm still awed by your barefoot walking. I only walk barefoot in summer, not even our mild winters. You are so amazing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

What are the Twinkle Toes again?

Sitting breaks +/- dance breaks. I wanted to find a way to get myself moving more without increasing my stress too much. It may just not be time yet.

• Like 2

EARTH - day #11

Barefoot - still warmish, went for a short walk

Twinkle Toes - Let's just drop this, shall we?!

Melon Lord - wrote, played games

Dig Down - wrote a letter for when I get frustrated

EARTH - day #12

Barefoot - ice and snow everywhere, see IG posts above ;)

Melon Lord - didn't write, played some games

Dig Down - read yesterday's letter, lol, and meditated until I stopped seeing red (lots of annoyances and hold over from all the work drama)

latest?cb=20130629202235

• Like 4