• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Machete

Machete's Hierarchy of Needs: Physiology, Part 6

Main Quest: Foundation Building

This one has turned into pretty much a short-term Epic Quest. I'm still working on shelter. I figured out a [constantly-evolving] weekly chore list in the previous challenge, which I will keep adding to. I am thinking timelines and scheduling should be the main focus this time to ensure that they get done.

Chore List:

Laundry - Wednesday and Saturday morning

Dishes - Wednesday and Saturday morning

Sweep and dust once a week

Grocery and cooking once a week

Taking out the dogs once a day

Trash once a week

Junk mail/email once a week

Bathroom cleaning once a week

Eliminate tabs on browser

Misc:

Daily Instagram and Facebook post

Bi-weekly Coaching updates

Big Tasks:

Living Room - boxes of papers, books, old magazines, etc.

Closet - sort clothes, throw away other clothes

Weekly Schedule - install whiteboard, figure out priorities

Side Quest: Order of the Mage Slayers

Knowing that the Order might be itself corrupted if exposed to magic, the Vizjerei deemed that the Assassins would have to possess the purest, most focused minds, that they should draw their power from within, not without.

I will be embracing the guild's roots in minimalist training to avoid distractions as much as possible. (1) Training in my garage will always be timed and limited to 60 minutes; as I always end up spending too much time playing hee-haw with the fuck-around gang. (2) I will also be focusing on the ever-elusive Handstand, until I can eventually hold it for 60 seconds. Daily 5 minutes of Handstand work followed by 10 minutes of meditation. Ya makasi.

========================================================================

WEEK 1 TASKS

Draft Facebook Posts (5/7)

Update Trainerize

Bathroom

Sweep and Dust

Grocery

Cook

Junk Mail

Trash

Laundry 1

Laundry 2

Dishes 1 (delegated)

Dishes 2

Dogs Sun

Dogs Mon

Dogs Tue (delegated)

Dogs Wed (delegated)

Dogs Thu

Dogs Fri

Dogs Sat

Tab count: 31

Handstand / Headspace

Sun: Partial Wall 5x6s; Motivation 6

Mon: miss / miss

Tue: Partial Wall / miss

Wed: Partial Wall / miss

Thu: Partial Wall / miss

Fri: Partial Wall / miss

Sat: Partial Wall / miss

• Like 4

Did the Handstands and the Headspace. So with my hips being weird, I may have to just allow my toes to separate as long as my heels are together. Also I'm having trouble looking at my hands, so I look straight out. I guess I'll just go with it and adjust later as necessary.

Woke up way late, but accomplished more than I expected. Prepped some meals, scheduled some posts and workouts, and took the dogs out. The family went out of town for Thanksgiving and I was left with the dogs. Apparently I tend to fuck around a lot and do nothing when I'm alone. Might have contributed to my [documented] depressive streaks some years ago. Anyway, back to regular scheduling now. Busy week ahead.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Machete said:

Also I'm having trouble looking at my hands, so I look straight out.

I thought you were supposed to look straight out (i.e. keep the head neutral).  I have a hard time keeping my balance with my head neutral so I always look at my hands...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I thought you were supposed to look straight out (i.e. keep the head neutral).  I have a hard time keeping my balance with my head neutral so I always look at my hands...

I was taught to look at my hands, and neutral head never worked for me. I would lose balance and need to roll out of the handstand.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

1 hour ago, zenLara said:

I was taught to look at my hands, and neutral head never worked for me. I would lose balance and need to roll out of the handstand.

Capoeira and a couple of other disciplines want you to look straight as you would if you were standing rather than on your hands, but most people achieve a better alignment by looking at their hands but mostly using their eyes rather than trying to crane the head.

• Like 4

On 11/23/2017 at 1:34 PM, Machete said:

Eliminate tabs on browser

On 11/23/2017 at 2:47 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Eliminating tabs is a hard one. I can't think of the last time I've been below a dozen.

here's a fun game that is terrifying and teaches you about the impermanence of the universe.... every once in a while open a new browser window and then shut down everything, quickly. wait and see until the next day if you tabbed window or if the new empty browser window is the one the browser remembers and restores. deal with loss. lather rinse repeat.

this happens to me like, randomly, every 2 months or so? and it's gotten to the point where I'm like: WHELP. guess that information wasn't for me at this time. and it's much easier to deal with.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2017 at 11:53 PM, WhiteGhost said:

On 11/27/2017 at 8:37 AM, zenLara said:

On 11/27/2017 at 10:13 AM, raptron said:

Capoeira and a couple of other disciplines want you to look straight as you would if you were standing rather than on your hands, but most people achieve a better alignment by looking at their hands but mostly using their eyes rather than trying to crane the head.

I was taught to gaze at the hands, which I can't when being completely neutral. Being able to concentrate on a spot seems to help me stabilize tremendously, and having to find something to focus on and focusing on that adds another distraction on one hand. On the other hand, I think my shoulder ROM is about at its limit on a handstand, and it's taking more effort than it should to maintain alignment. The fact that I'm really uncomfortable with allowing myself to do an arched handstand is probably delaying my progress a lot, but I accept that. I'll just need to put in the reps and figure it out.

On 11/28/2017 at 1:08 PM, karinajean said:

here's a fun game that is terrifying and teaches you about the impermanence of the universe.... every once in a while open a new browser window and then shut down everything, quickly. wait and see until the next day if you tabbed window or if the new empty browser window is the one the browser remembers and restores. deal with loss. lather rinse repeat.

this happens to me like, randomly, every 2 months or so? and it's gotten to the point where I'm like: WHELP. guess that information wasn't for me at this time. and it's much easier to deal with.

It has happened a few times. It's hard to find on the "History" tab too, because of how old some of the tabs are. Haha. My phone is even worse, but I'll get to that later.

===================================================================================================

Missed Handstands and Headspace Monday. Last two days were packed. I was able to get a few minuted of [shitty] practice in by the end of Yesterday before bed.

• Like 3

Lots of stuff happening this week. Might have lost control; I don't know where the time went. Anyway, I've been able to sneak in some handstand practice most days, and a little bit tonight. Looking to be able to hit 5 sets of 10 seconds off the wall.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2017 at 5:45 AM, zenLara said:

Good luck with it!

Got 'em in, but they looked lazy and arched. I'm thinking of either taking as step back and working on PPT and stacking, or start practicing my kick-ups.

========================================================================================================

This week I'm working on scheduling and taking the dogs out at 1400 every day.

WEEK 2 TASKS

Draft Facebook Posts (5/7)

mail TSP

Update Trainerize

Bathroom

Sweep and Dust

Grocery

Cook

Junk Mail

Trash

Laundry 1

Laundry 2

Dishes 1

Dishes 2

Dogs Sun

Dogs Mon (1450)

Dogs Tue (1450)

Dogs Wed (1415)

Dogs Thu (1641)

Dogs Fri (1420)

Dogs Sat

Tab count: 30

Handstand / Headspace

Sun: Partial Wall / miss

Mon: Hallway HS GTG

Tue: miss

Wed: Partial Wall Kick-up / miss

Thu: Partial Wall Kick-up / miss

Fri: Partial Wall kick-up / miss

Sat: miss

• Like 2

Got my handstands in today, after some Litvinovs on the treadmill. *puke

I seem to be constantly late on taking the dogs out. I'll look to see if I have to readjust.

Missed laundry, but I nailed the TSP, which is one of the big tasks I've been putting off.

• Like 2

Been feeling beat-up the entire weekend. Must have been that impromptu Litvinov. Missed Sat HS, but still got some rolls in. Whatevs, deload this week.

WEEK 3 TASKS

Draft Facebook Posts

Haircut

Update Trainerize 1

Update Trainerize 2

Bathroom

Sweep and Dust

Grocery

Cook

Junk Mail

Trash

Laundry 1

Laundry 2

Dishes 1

Dishes 2

Dogs Sun

Dogs Mon

Dogs Tue

Dogs Wed

Dogs Thu

Dogs Fri

Dogs Sat

Tab count: 23

Handstand

Sun: miss

Mon: miss

Tue: Partial Wall

Wed: Partial Wall

Thu: miss

Fri: Partial Wall

Sat: miss

Missed two days in a row. The kids broke me at BJJ. There was no will left for handstands. I'll try to do better today.

Did the groceries and cooked half of them. I'll need to readjust training programs tonight, and eventually get a haircut soon. Dishes are piling up as well. Fuck.

drowning.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everything's been crazy. Missed Thursday again. Where is all the time going? Finished most of the other stuff.

Covered for a colleague's 6am class today. Only one person showed, so no real pressure--it was more like personal training. Hit the bags a little and did my handstands. Got a nap and some reading in. Working again in about 2 hours.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2017 at 6:00 AM, Machete said:

after some Litvinovs on the treadmill. *puke

On 10/12/2017 at 10:50 PM, Machete said:

Been feeling beat-up the entire weekend. Must have been that impromptu Litvinov

You made me look up what Litvinov was.

Ouch.

But interesting.

• Like 2

Bad week last week. Time management went to shit, I didn't hit any of my chores, more bills, my skin condition is flaring-up. Stress everywhere. Christmas season sucks.

WEEK 4 TASKS

Draft Facebook Posts

Haircut

Update Trainerize 1

o Update Trainerize 2

o Bathroom

o Sweep and Dust

Grocery

Cook

o Junk Mail

o Trash

o Laundry 1

o Laundry 2

o Dishes 1

o Dishes 2

Dogs Sun

Dogs Mon

o Dogs Tue

o Dogs Wed

o Dogs Thu

o Dogs Fri

o Dogs Sat

Tab count: 23

Handstand

Sun: miss

Mon: Partial Wall

Tue:

Wed:

Thu:

Fri:

Sat:

================================================================================================

On 12/17/2017 at 5:38 AM, zenLara said:

You made me look up what Litvinov was.

Ouch.

But interesting.

Not something I like to do often, but sometimes I just need to sack-up and bust ass.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Machete said:

Not something I like to do often, but sometimes I just need to sack-up and bust ass.

I still think one of my favorites for this has to be the Dan WOD

• Like 1

Totally dropped off in the Holiday hustle. The Facebook habit seemed to work. Still working on the chore list, and the big task list was barely touched. On to the next one.

On the plus side, Handstand PR probably because of the frequency and accountability.

• Like 3