New Chat Room!

In Pidgin you do Manage Accounts > Add IRC with a specific quakenet server. Then when it's connected you can use Buddies > Add chat on that IRC account. After that is done your IRC channel is added as a friend in your friendlist. :)

Thank you x a million!!! Much better than the browser.

In training to be awesome! :highly_amused:

First thought, "The 90's called and they want their chat back!" - HAHA!! mIRC FTW!!

Second thought, "Quakenet? Agh....there goes chatting from work *sigh*"

Third thought answered by Loren, but not sure if it will be an answer to not being able to chat at work, but I'll pull out my geek skills and figure out something.

spezzy says they have plans on integrating the web chat into the forum to make it more convenient.

Also, good suggestions on Colloquy. Been using it since it was released many years ago. Guess it may be time to test it out on the iPhone.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I love this chat, by the way. Any chance we can get it linked from the main page of the forum? I mean, I'll probably just use an irc client for it, but for the ease of use for future generations of rebels ....

yup! working on some larger updates and this will come with that.

was going to save the chat room release for then but decided to release it with the chat party :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
I am forever indebted to you for that. It was a freaking blast!!!

I hate that I missed out! Was asked to put together a playlist for a party that day at the last minute. Missed out :-(

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Yeah, blocked at work. Will try it on my phone, but I typically get little to no reception here. We'll see.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

This should be interesting. I am downloading an app for my iPhone as I'm unlikely to be available for chat on the main computer very often. Here's hoping it works, and that some of you will be online when I am. Bloody time zones!

Always someone on. If you get lonely you can always talk to Q :D

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Any chance we can get a link up top in the title bar? Perhaps right next to Forum and Blog buttons? I waste precious seconds digging up this thread. I may miss something good!

Edit: Doh! I really need to learn to read the thread. Apparently this was already asked for....

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Hmm, time to test out the irc settings in the new trillian....the old one worked great once you learned how to set it up.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73