KnitJoy

KnitJoy

Hello all,

After a fairly successful challenge I'm back to finish out the year strong. I am planning on continuing my push ups and electronics ban. I am also going to add in some house cleanliness because it will make me feel better!

Goals:

1. 5 minutes of morning push ups
  2. Try the rock wall once
  3. Bedtime routine: Starting at 8:30 I will get ready for bed, pack my lunch and my backpack, and lay out my clothes for tomorrow. 
  4. 5 minutes putting things away - starting week 2
  5. Track stress on calendar
  6. Budget -- update budget backlog, then enter purchases daily & reconcile weekly

• Like 1

Yay! Welcome back, I'm glad to hear your last challenge went well. Are you moving up your off electronics goal? I thought it was 9:30 in the past, but I may be misremembering. 

I love goal 4. How does it always get out of control so quickly?? :D 

On 11/26/2017 at 1:39 PM, Wobbegong said:

Yay! Welcome back, I'm glad to hear your last challenge went well. Are you moving up your off electronics goal? I thought it was 9:30 in the past, but I may be misremembering. 

I love goal 4. How does it always get out of control so quickly?? :D 

Thanks! My no electronics has always been 8:30 but my bedtime is 9:30. Otherwise at 9:30 I start thinking about getting ready for bed. 

On 11/26/2017 at 1:56 PM, Matrim_Cauthon said:

Hello!   "looks around at room"  yeah maybe I should have added #4 to my challenge too.  The Weather Channel could make a documentary on what kind of destruction desk tornadoes can do using mine as the filming area.  Haha

Thanks! I’m not sure what that would look like. I’m contemplating spending five minutes putting things away just before bed. But I would welcome any thoughts or suggestions!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnitJoy said:

I did five minutes of push ups today. I also forgot to add one of my goals, tracking my emotional state on some sort of calendar.

I just did my first round of pushups today too!   There is a website called virtex42 that has a bunch of excel templates on it.  I bet you can find a sort of simple weekly or monthly calendar that has plenty of room for notes to help you track.

How are you doing on your other goals?

I did five minutes of push ups today. I also forgot to add one of my goals, tracking my emotional state on some sort of calendar.
If you want an electronic thing, I do love the Universal Diary for Android. You can add notes, ideas, tasks, spendings, emoji of the day, shape (?) of the day and something else that I forgot in the free version. The thing I miss the most is that it has a shortcut for the notes etc, but not for the emoji...
I use that in combination with habits for Android

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

I have not done a single push up this week. While I have been busy and stressed and tired and not waking up on time, those are all excuses. So first thing tomorrow I get up and do some push ups. 

Tonight I will set an alarm and practice what tomorrow morning will be like. 

I have not done a single push up this week. While I have been busy and stressed and tired and not waking up on time, those are all excuses. So first thing tomorrow I get up and do some push ups. 

Tonight I will set an alarm and practice what tomorrow morning will be like. 
You can do it! And do not be harsh on yourself, sometimes it is important to catch up on sleep and relaxation when you are stressed.
Maybe knitting a bit can relax you? I am a crocheter and I find it useful sometimes to put everything else away, work on a project for a set amount of time to cut stress out, and then do the pushups?
Or can you figure out what is stopping you from it?

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8