NightWatcher13 is running from the hoard

NightWatcher13

Hi! I'm normally over at the Assassins, but due to being off for a while I need to get my general fitness back up to snuffs - and since that's kinda your guy's specialty I'm hopping guilds, from being over at the Rebels to kinda try to figure my stuff back out. Last challenge went fairly well for the most part, but I still have a ways to go on most of the same general lines - either a leveled up version, or the same with better consistency. Namely the running...

blk-bck-1478829334-Run-Zombies-Are-Comin

(Any and all advice from anyone with experience getting stiff joints to cooperate and work again without whining - HALP!)

Main Quest : reclaiming the health bar (again) : losing 80lbs to get back to a healthy weight - I'm currently 5'5, and 220 lbs; getting my mental health back under control between ADHD, anxiety and general stress; and trying to get my strength and flexibility back so my body doesn't constantly feel like it's falling apart.

Sidequest 1 : Running from the Zoms - Running 3 days/ week, with the help of Zombies, Run! This one's basically just cut and paste from my last challenge over with the Rebels, since long story short I only got half of the runs done last challenge. I also want to track my endurance through this challenge, so I'll be taking a measurement of my single-wind endurance hopefully tomorrow to get a baseline and do the same thing at the end of the challenge, hopefully I'll be able to run a fair bit longer in one spurt by the end of the challenge.

Sidequest 2 : Fueling the Fear - Still working on tracking my food and cooking rather than rushing out 'cause I forgot to have something readily available. This is getting a level up from last time: I'm aiming to get 6 days tracked on LifeSum per week and keep at least 5 of those close/just under my recommended cals on the app, and having a set time to make meals ahead for the week - probably monday after work.

Sidequest 3 : Mobilization - It seems like every time my chiropractor puts one thing back in, something else decides to start hurting. He's been giving me some stretches to help with those that were in my last challenge and I did so-so on, but I'm going to add something that does a stretch and strength component to try to get my body to start working together again. Hopefully. I'm not sure if I'll do better with a pilates or yoga regimen, so I'm going to leave those open (or if anyone with more experience has another suggestion...) and say i don't care which one happens, so long as one of them happens 3 times per week. Preferably on the days I don't run. (stretches as normal will still be taking place around runs as well, these are just another level to that)

Lifequest : I got a lot farther with organization last challenge, so that's taking a step farther - I need to make sure more of the things on my to-do list in my bujo get done, so keeping up in there daily is going to be part of this, as well as scheduling in there times to get pieces of my apartment organized - and getting them done. Hopefully that's not too big of a bite to take; I'm not planning to get the whole apartment spic and span, just getting parts done one at a time (not counting things that need re-done with some semblance of regularity like vacuuming or mopping)

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Developing Roots

Now this is a challenge theme I can get behind ;).

What exactly do you mean by 'single wind' endurance? 

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

7 hours ago, deftona said:

Hello and welcome! :D What are your plans for the organisation element of your challenge? Are you just cleaning or are you planning to declutter too?

Definitely doing some decluttering; long story short my roommate just moved out not too long ago and there's still some cleaning and reorganizing I need to do (resetting my guest room, and a deep cleaning since he didn't keep up with his share of the housework and I got super tired of constantly cleaning up after him so I just kinda did surface stuff while he was still living here)

4 hours ago, Koaladle said:

LNawyBI.gif

Every time someone mentions Zombies, Run!, this gif pops up in my head.

If you need any help with organizing ideas or whatnot, let me know! I've lived in a variety of situations and LOVE organizing. I'm that friend that comes over and helps with Spring Cleaning, moving, and decluttering. It's madness. :D

That gif is great! Isn't that from Zombieland?

Oh, I love organizing ideas - I could definitely use some tips, especially for storing little things together (namely paper minis for D&D). My mom's one of the super cleaners too so I am quite familiar with that form of madness ;) I can appreciate that aspect of her more now than I could as a kid.

2 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Now this is a challenge theme I can get behind ;).

What exactly do you mean by 'single wind' endurance? 

The single wind is one running spurt; I do a mix of running and walking in my runs 'cause I have almost no endurance right now. So once I get warmed up after I've been out doing that for about 10 minutes sometimes I'll try to do a single sustained run and see how long until either my lungs or my legs demand I go back to walking. Currently I can't go very long at once though - maybe 3 or 4 minutes straight before I have to slow back down to a walk.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NightWatcher13 said:

That gif is great! Isn't that from Zombieland?

Oh, I love organizing ideas - I could definitely use some tips, especially for storing little things together (namely paper minis for D&D). My mom's one of the super cleaners too so I am quite familiar with that form of madness ;) I can appreciate that aspect of her more now than I could as a kid.

Depending on the size, you can put them in card protectors and in a binder. Organize either by how often you need them or by type. I arrange my Magic cards by rarity, color, mana cost, and then alphabetically (in that order). It makes finding specific cards incredibly easy.

Decorative boxes are fabulous for small stuff, but depending on the things being stored, I may have other ideas.

Depending on the size, you can put them in card protectors and in a binder. Organize either by how often you need them or by type. I arrange my Magic cards by rarity, color, mana cost, and then alphabetically (in that order). It makes finding specific cards incredibly easy.

Decorative boxes are fabulous for small stuff, but depending on the things being stored, I may have other ideas.
I thought about doing ones that need assembly like that, but mine are all glued to bases so they don't go into card holders - but I should probably do something like that with my magic cards that aren't in decks (I currently have them in boxes... Which actually, those boxes might not do too bad for holding minis... I'll have to check that out when I get back home :) )

Sent via Tapatalk

10 hours ago, NightWatcher13 said:

Definitely doing some decluttering; long story short my roommate just moved out not too long ago and there's still some cleaning and reorganizing I need to do (resetting my guest room, and a deep cleaning since he didn't keep up with his share of the housework and I got super tired of constantly cleaning up after him so I just kinda did surface stuff while he was still living here)

Ah I see. Have you heard of the Kon Mari method? It has a huge following around these parts. 

• Like 2

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

On 11/26/2017 at 5:55 PM, NightWatcher13 said:

The single wind is one running spurt; I do a mix of running and walking in my runs 'cause I have almost no endurance right now. So once I get warmed up after I've been out doing that for about 10 minutes sometimes I'll try to do a single sustained run and see how long until either my lungs or my legs demand I go back to walking. Currently I can't go very long at once though - maybe 3 or 4 minutes straight before I have to slow back down to a walk.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm a big fan of walk-run. I like ZombiesRun a lot too. It really helps pass the time!

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

On 11/26/2017 at 6:19 PM, NightWatcher13 said:

I thought about doing ones that need assembly like that, but mine are all glued to bases so they don't go into card holders - but I should probably do something like that with my magic cards that aren't in decks (I currently have them in boxes... Which actually, those boxes might not do too bad for holding minis... I'll have to check that out when I get back home :) )

Sent via Tapatalk

Walk-run is good stuff. I am always able to go a lot farther, faster that way.

• Like 1

Check-in for the first half of week 1:

Almost thought I was going to start out derailed, but managed to not jump the tracks (yet) by inverting my run and yoga days for this week due to running around like a madwoman Monday (first day back from a vacation, every bloody time. Someday I'll figure out how to make that go smoother)

Runs - only 1 so far on Tuesday, one scheduled for today (second break is at 9:30) and my single-wind sucks about as much as I expected - I went about 2 minutes before my body said "you WILL walk now, or so help me!" So on the plus side, that really can't get much worse and hopefully going out 3 times a week will buff that up by the end of the challenge

0d9acc0ac593dfe0b272f709969ec6d8.jpg

Yoga - I started using an app that I'm liking so far, apart from the fact that I can't figure out how to tell it "every other day" rather than "every day". 2 uses so far there - yikes my entire body is so stiff.

Food tracking - so far so good, I've tracked every day from Sunday through yesterday as well as what I've eaten so far today. I did go over on Tuesday, but not terribly

Organization - planning on working in my bedroom tonight to get the debris off of the floor, then tomorrow I need to move stuff around in my guest/craft room. 5d57dee8e643b4e94e0fef7be8d6c546.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk

Edit - I'll stop back in after work to actually respond on my computer, responding on Tapatalk to multiple people is something I'm still figuring out

• Like 2

On 11/29/2017 at 8:32 PM, Xena said:

Nothing wrong with that. I'm a big fan of walk-run. I like ZombiesRun a lot too. It really helps pass the time!

It's the only thing that's ever made me enjoy running :) turning it into a game of fleeing from the hoard has somehow tricked my brain into not loathing it with every fiber of my being

On 11/27/2017 at 3:56 AM, deftona said:

Ah I see. Have you heard of the Kon Mari method? It has a huge following around these parts. 

Looked it up, it might be a bit more in-depth than I can go right now but it sounds pretty solid from the way everyone talks about it online

On 11/26/2017 at 7:03 PM, Koaladle said:

Me getting excited for an organization challenge

mrw-my-team-make-playoffs-next-round-bab

Me thinking about trying to keep things organized:

tenor.gif?itemid=6068516

• Like 1

On 12/1/2017 at 12:27 AM, NightWatcher13 said:

Edit - I'll stop back in after work to actually respond on my computer, responding on Tapatalk to multiple people is something I'm still figuring out

Hehe, I hate Tapatalk, just in general. Good work on your running!

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Ok, check in for last week/today:

Runs - didn't get one in Saturday last week, but did get today's in so I won't have to invert my workouts again this week. So 2/3 for last week

Felt a bit stiff and breathless today for some reason on my run :/ dunno what was up with that

Food - got 6 days tracked last week, and have some stuff to cook tonight for later this week ready for after work.

Yoga - 3/3 for last week, I am definitely NOT remotely as mobile as I used to be and I feel like I'm too fat to do some of the poses properly (seriously, child's pose makes me short of breath cause I can't inhale all the way. That's ridiculous; I'm currently doing that pose with my knees apart so I can breathe)

Organization - I got the guest room rearranged like I wanted to, but my own room didn't get as much done as I was planning - I was just tired and wound up going to bed early, so that has some work left to do. So I need to put a new time for that in the planner

Sent via Tapatalk

• Like 4