• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I decided to invest in a smartwatch to assist on my journey. Certainly pedometer and heart rate options are wanted. Apps possibly for food list and counting. 

Anyone here happy with theirs?

just spent alot of time looking and thinking about the options

I went with the Polar M400.  its a little older technology but for $100+35(heart monitor); it seems to equal garmin mid range (200$+) watches.

if you feel the need to seriously consider garmin; its kind of hard to know what watch is good 'enough'. 

ARe you just a runner?

do you need to set up seperate profiles for each activity??

what kind of features would you consider important??  any gps watch will give you distance, time, heart rate  OUTSIDE.   managing indoor stuff is another factor.   even when they have answers keep in mind that these are bluetooth/ANT sensors  that are additional cost.

the Garmin Forerunner 920XT is a good example of a watch that is MORE; and that offers a lot to someone managing several different cross training programs.

the attached review is from a guy that really says alot about the watches he looks at.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/11/garmin-forerunner-920xt-depth-review.html

I LOVE my Polar m400 !

I've had my charge 2 for going on a year. Its work very well. It's got heart rate and pedometer. Through the app it rates my "sleep" quality. No app access...thats what the phone is for.

For the cost and what the others "do," I don't plan on upgrading until this one breaks. I understand that some of the others (e.g. garmin, apple watch 2, fitbit ionic/blaze/etc) (i.e. the "high end" ones) can do phone free GPS or phone free music (e.g. you can store/save some music files on the watch itself). I pretty much always have my phone on me, so there is no real need for me to need to be "phone independent." 

Charge 2 works for me, again, I don't plan on being phone independent (as far as GPS, I don't run)

• Like 1

Smartwatches are like everything else: Determine what you need and look for a device that meets those needs. For me, it's the Charge 2. It tracks my sleep patterns and steps and it reminds me to get up and move around once every hour. That is what I need, so it's perfect for me. :) 

• Like 1

Yeah, it really depends on what you're using it for. I just count steps and run, play tennis, etc., so a Charge 2 works great for me, as it's helpful for tracking sleep, heart rate, etc. Had I been able to get into swimming like I'd wanted to, I probably would have opted for a Garmin or something. I don't need anything too fancy and have a limited budget, so Fitbit worked just fine. There are better watches out there, however.