Hi all,

I'm Lucas. I stumbled upon this site yesterday morning. Five or six years ago I was a skinny guy at 5'3" and 120 lbs. I used to be able to do about five pull ups, be in ok shape after a life of just sitting around and doing nothing. I came to D.C. in 2006 to work, put on 50 lbs., got married, had two babies, and am now constantly exhausted and my back hurts like hell after carring around my eight month old son for more than five minutes

My father in law had a heart attack last year, my dad has diabetes, and my mom died from lung cancer and never met my wife because she couldn't travel due to her illness, and passed a week after my daughter was born. I can't live on McDonalds and sugared coffee anymore and keep this up, it's killing me, and I don't want to set a bad example for the babies either.

So there's my introduction!

Hey, Lucas!

That's definitely good motivation right there. What are you going to do about it?

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Cheers on the decision to get better mate.

I'm a level 1 on NerdFitness as well, but I've been fighting the weight for quite a while.

Looking forward to seeing how you do, check out the challenge going on right now, there are a bunch of us all working together and sharing our successes and failures on this road.

Not sure if it's too late for you to join up this month, ask the mod, but hopefully if nothing else you'll join up next month.

Later,

Aidan

I'm a Week Late and Pissed Off Challenge 

"What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

Hi all,

I'm Lucas. I stumbled upon this site yesterday morning. Five or six years ago I was a skinny guy at 5'3" and 120 lbs. I used to be able to do about five pull ups, be in ok shape after a life of just sitting around and doing nothing. I came to D.C. in 2006 to work, put on 50 lbs., got married, had two babies, and am now constantly exhausted and my back hurts like hell after carring around my eight month old son for more than five minutes

My father in law had a heart attack last year, my dad has diabetes, and my mom died from lung cancer and never met my wife because she couldn't travel due to her illness, and passed a week after my daughter was born. I can't live on McDonalds and sugared coffee anymore and keep this up, it's killing me, and I don't want to set a bad example for the babies either.

So there's my introduction!

Dang, sounds like you got all the motivation you need right there. You got two kids to live for, and their children, and their children's children.

Get started today man! Let us know how we can help.

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.