Starpuck Achieves Soul Resonance

starpuck

Week 1, Day 4 (Thursday)

MAKA

Calories Tracked only up until lunch - then I lost it.   (3/7)

No art today.

BLACKSTAR

Walk 30m

Mobility  (4/7)

KID

Prayer/Quiet 5m  (4/7)

I did well up until post work.    Friends from D&D were gonna take me for B-Day dinner.   I warred with where to go; got frustrated that the places I wanted didn't offer calorie lists, so said frak it.   Ordered a burger and a beer and said I'd do best guess at numbers.   Well the burger place that I've previously enjoyed, has taken a serious downturn and it was really unsatisfying.   That about broke the camels back.   We snagged cookies and popcorn for the game session, and I pigged out with wild abandon.

dacbda9931fada30fbd7b6cc5fa88c18.gif

Week 1, Day 5 (Friday)

MAKA

Calories are back on track today.  Literally and figuratively!   (4/7)

No art today. (3/4)

BLACKSTAR

Strength Session #2 - am back to within 5lbs of the max's I was throwing before my trip.

Mobility  (5/7)

KID

Prayer/Quiet 5m  (4/7) **pending 5/7

Much better going today, and I am learning... forcing myself to say, "5 hours of woops eating last night does not mean a ruined week/challenge/etc."    I feel good about getting back on the plan though, with the food and the workout.  Tonight I am running my D&D game, and I feel ill-prepared since work was busy enough that I couldn't do too much prepping there.    I am just going to enjoy the hobby and my friends, and try not to fret about how smoothly it goes or not.

Going to also do my best to check in through the weekend for added accountability and stuff!

Huzzah guys!   Huzzah!

• Like 11

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

img002381.jpg

I wish this pic was both smaller and of a better quality, but then I am Coyote, so I'm posting it anyway (it's also literally the only copy of that pic I could find...) Happy belated birthday!

Seems like your challenge is going along swimmingly!! Congrats on finding a way to be ok with a slip up and getting right back on track, it's not an easy thing sometimes!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

OMGOMGOMG YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! HAPPY BELATED!!!!! 

giphy.gif

Somehow one of the toughest things about special events and holidays... man... I JUST WANT TO EAT AT HOME FOR ONCE! It's fun to go out of course, but jeeeez!!!

YOU'RE TRACKER IS AWESOME AND MAKES ME WANNA BUJO!!!!! SO GOOD!!!!! :D:D:D 

<3 you so!!! Another amazing year for you!!!!

giphy.gif 

• Like 3

1. Happy Belated Birthday!

2. Remember, the point of gaming is to have fun.  It's not a job (unless you work for a gaming company).  I say this, because I used to have massive guilt as a GM when I wasn't as prepared as I liked.  The games still went ok almost all of the time.

3. I am in awe of how Ranger-like you were with your Chinese lunch.

• Like 1

Rebooting Ranger and Legionary

"Only a Dead Legionary Gives Up" - Day of the Starwind

"It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way" - Samurai Jack

Hey Master Puck. I've made it back to the forums and am following. :)

I never finished Soul Eater, but I really enjoyed what I saw of it! I have the opening theme song on my geek music mix! Hehe. I've had friends compare me to the kid because I'm so OCD. lol. 

giphy.gif

Looking forward to all of the shenanigans. 

BTW, my game group is starting a pretty cool space RPG tabletop game. We had our first session Saturday and it's looking like it could get very interesting. 

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: The Legend of RhiaWolfe: Hyrule Needs Me

Previous Challenges: 123456789101112131415161718192021222324

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Good Reads

Week 1, Day 6 & 7 (Sat & Sun)

{And thus, FULL WEEK SUM UP}

MAKA

Let's be honest.  I tracked Friday.   I tracked all 2600 calories I ate.   So sure it counts as tracking, but not the good kind.   Sat & Sun I had thrown in the towel.  (4/7)

No art occurred on the weekend. (3/4)

tumblr_nx5wmqHhf01ta9suso1_500.gif

BLACKSTAR

Hockey on Saturday, great game!   Activity happened.  (2/2 strength, 1 hockey, 3/4 walks on off days.)

I did not do any stretching or mobility on the weekend.  (5/7)

giphy.gif

KID

Prayer/Quiet 5m  (6/7)

d4667cda92c81561bfbc19dab3a81eb16c67980e

Guys. The weekend was a disaster!   I just didn't do well on anything other than my flossing habit which seems to be really solid.     I ate like a total chump (and feel awful this week- so bloated and all my clothes feel tight and I feel ucky and gah) and I didn't keep up with my daily stretching or anything else.    I didn't walk on Sunday but, I had hockey on Saturday so that's not too bad.    I just feel like I am failing more than I am succeeding.      And going into the next week is going to be so challenging!!!    (Explained below.)

Our company is use it or lose it on vacation time and I have 4 days left this year.  I took off Thur, Fri and Mon and me and punkosaur are planning all kinds of fun stuff to do around the local area.    So my week this week looks like: 

• Monday - in tonight, art, maybe some present wrapping
  • Tuesday - straight to friends for video game night.
  • Wednesday - straight to friends for Christmas Lights at the Arboretum
  • Thursday - at friend's all day, but going to the zoo from 12-6, then D&D from 7-11.
  • Friday - at friend's all day for video games, Stranger Things and chill, hockey game 8:30-11:30
  • Saturday - unsure during the day - but evening hockey outing with my nephews.
  • Sunday - church, then cooking for the week, then running MY D&D game.

So I'm not too worried about being exhausted on my time off, because there is a LOT of chill stuff planned in there.    I am worried about getting things done that are normally easier to do in routine mode, when I have so much NOT ROUTINE happening.    10m stretching or mobility per day is gonna be so quickly forgotten when I am out DOING things.   I think the prayer/quiet time is going to need to be done first thing in the morning- so that's a tactic I can try with some optimism.   Art will need to be done even when I am AT friend's house I think.   It's gonna be tough.

Part of me wanted to just say 'frak it, coast until the year is over' but then I stopped and realized if I do that, I could end up gaining another 3-5 lbs before year is up, and that puts me TWO decades in weight, past the decade I said I'd never be above.  (I said I'd never see 150 again, and now I am dangerously close to 160.)    If I'd like to get back to the 140 era (I feel pretty good in that range) by summer next year, I need to stop the pendulum NOW and focus on choices today, and tomorrow and the next day.   Doesn't mean I can't enjoy the season!  I just can't enjoy it EVERY DAY for the whole next 26 days.

I will do my best to keep checking in here on the forums when I hit my stay-cation (can't believe I actually just used that term) but history suggests best intentions are often short of actual execution lol.

• Like 6

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Week 2, Day 1

So, between having a midnight bathroom break and being restless, and not falling asleep until 1am, then tossing and turning enough that Fitbit states I got only 5 hours of sleep.   What's surprising is that I actually tried to work out still.  Spoiler.  It didn't go well.

MAKA

Calories tracked, good food eaten.   (1/7)

No real inspiration, but inked something I previously sketched.  (1/4)

(Continued practice on expressions.)

CXCSnBR.jpg

BLACKSTAR

Strength Session #1 - I think I wisely took easier weights and exercises.   I was just SO empty.

Mobility Instead, I spent more time on mobility and stretching.   (1/7)

KID

Prayer/Quiet 5m  (1/7)

CRONA

I did something remarkably bold, and more than a little scary for me.  

Spoiler

I was getting a slow hint of a vibe that a friend was maybe feeling out the potential for more than friends.   So as soon as the realization hit me, I politely, kindly, and very honestly, asked him if that was a thing that was happening, and then upon the answer, thanked him for his honesty and set a solid friends limit.   This is pretty big for me, because I'd normally have fretted over the thought of such a thing for weeks, not wanting to broach the subject, then rehearsing the conversation, prepping for potential replies, and ... yeah.   It was so succinct and immediate.   Now I just have to see how things shake out next we meet in person, lol.

• Like 10

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

One thing I've found that really helps me stay on track with food is to pre-plan at least some of my day. I'm similar to you in that weekends I kinda wing it, and while I have considerably more wiggle room than you due to ETP, it's much, much harder to keep things where they're supposed to be that way. This means that, the night before, or sometimes in the morning when I'm drinking my coffee on the couch, I plug into MFP what I'm going to eat during the day. It helps that I batch cook, so it's often similar day to day, but as long as you're aware of the things you have on hand it's easy enough even if you don't batch cook. Then, when I'm presented with, say, cookies at work, or an offer to go get takeout for lunch, it's easy to say 'thanks but no', because it's more work to delete my plan and re-enter food than it is to just stick to the plan, and because I know what I've already got planned fits in my macros perfectly, and why mess with perfection? If know I'm going to be going to a particular restaurant for dinner one day, I look at the menu ahead of time, choose what I'm going to have, and enter it into MFP before I even arrive at the restaurant. Then I just have to do what I'm told when I get to there (this is not a perfect solution, but it does really help). If I know I'm going to be out and about without a set plan of eating somewhere, I choose an option I already know the nutrition info for and that has a location near where I'm going to be, plug that in, then go there when I get hungry. If someone else wants somewhere else, I make 2 stops. Pre-planning really helps get rid of the willpower part of the equation, you don't have to rely on willpower to say yes to the things you want and no to the things you don't want, you just have to stick to your plan.

It's definitely harder to stick with habits, especially new ones, when your routine is gone, or different, like on a weekend vs a weekday. You've mentioned a plan to do your quite/prayer time in the morning to make sure it happens. Is there something that's not overly time consuming that you can pair with that so one becomes a cue for the other, and just give yourself a bit of extra time for both? You've identified a pattern of behaviour you would rather didn't occur. Think about ways to disrupt that pattern, and then set yourself up for success by making it fool proof. For example, put your BuJo it somewhere prominent and make a point of looking in it when you're home for the day (or throughout the day if you're in and out) to remind yourself of the things you might be forgetting. If you've got, say, 20 minutes while you're home after X before you have to leave for Y, pick a thing you haven't done that fits in that time frame, and do it. Or develop a mantra (a la the Ranger Mini this week) that sums up the behaviour or pattern change you want to make and incorporate that into your quite/prayer time. Obviously you gotta find what works for you. I would argue that your current strategy of relying on willpower isn't working consistently, so the next step is to develop a strategy that will.

• Like 5

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

7 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Fitbit states I got only 5 hours of sleep. 

Only? I'm lucky if it even gives me that much :P

• Like 2

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

I know that feels about feeling like you're failing more than succeeding. I've felt that recently. 

Around the holidays it's HARD. With all the holiday stress, access to food, and with your extra time off... breaking the routine makes it difficult to stay on track. 

You're right that it's probably not a good idea to just coast through until the end of the year. Make an effort. Don't stop trying. But don't beat yourself up for not being perfect. December is one of the most challenging months to stay on track. Just keep going! You got this, Master Puck!!!! 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: The Legend of RhiaWolfe: Hyrule Needs Me

Previous Challenges: 123456789101112131415161718192021222324

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Good Reads

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:49 AM, Starpuck said:

Part of me wanted to just say 'frak it, coast until the year is over' but then I stopped and realized if I do that, I could end up gaining another 3-5 lbs before year is up, and that puts me TWO decades in weight, past the decade I said I'd never be above.  (I said I'd never see 150 again, and now I am dangerously close to 160.)    If I'd like to get back to the 140 era (I feel pretty good in that range) by summer next year, I need to stop the pendulum NOW and focus on choices today, and tomorrow and the next day.   Doesn't mean I can't enjoy the season!  I just can't enjoy it EVERY DAY for the whole next 26 days.

This attitude is awesome and really forward thinking - and so hard this time of year!! Just don't forget you can enjoy the season and stay on track at the same time! Enjoying doesn't necessarily have to mean eating all the things (though it feels that way sometimes...)

You've got this, lady!!

• Like 1

Heya Puck, hope your staycation went well! I hear you on this being a frantic, difficult time of year. You've got this though, and as long as you make mostly good decisions most of the time you'll do great.

• Like 1

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 3  -  CON: 0  -  CHA: 0  -  SAN: 1  -  INT: 0

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Anatomy of an Orc

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

*peeks in, looks around*

tumblr_n5xno3dlpn1spd82io1_500.gif

Well, I know that's not true- but it's kind of how it feels right now.    I have been doing terribly.    So terribly that I was going to just walk away from the forums until January hit and I could start fresh.    Because, ya know, that all or nothing attitude is sure hard to shake sometimes.    

But, 17 days is a long time to give up on, and I've got friends here that are reaching hands out to me and urging me to keep moving forward. 

SO I WILL!

... I will try at least.    (Yes yes, queue Yoda quote, I know.   Especially with tomorrow being THE DAY!)

I am going to focus on keeping things in control for the next 17 days.

Borrowing a page from @Jarric -I am going to try and earn some daily points for the rest of this run.

Morning / Evening routines = 1pt.   (34 Possible)

BuJo stuff = 1pt (17 Possible)

Art Stuff = 2pts  (14 Possible)

Workouts = 3pts  (24 Possible)

Eating like a d-bag = -2pt / "meal" botched

Tasks that need doing = 1pt "extra credit" / task

Since I know there will be tasks needed to be done (work on D&D, wrap presents, ready the house, etc) I am going to make 100pts the target goal.    If I get everything without botching too many eats, and earn 11pts via Tasks, I will hit 100.   Also- this is going to give me some practice on learning to accept less than perfection, and hopefully still be pleased with the effort and results.

Now then.   I am still feeling ridiculously overwhelmed and undermotivated.    I hope to peek back into others' threads once I get my feet under me, but for right now I am going to focus on just being here and accountable on my thread.     I feel really guilty not being active everywhere else, but I just don't know where my bandwidth sits right now.   And until I get over my, quitters attitude of 'if I can't keep up with it all, I will just walk away from all of it' - I am going to focus on baby steps.  

bdd35d6e974b8f60f905ff9502cbd5df.png

• Like 7

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Damn skippy, you're going to keep going! <3 Every moment is a chance to reignite your efforts. You should be so proud that you're going to keep trying.

DO NOT FEEL GUILTY FOR STAYING ONLY ON YOUR THREAD. Knowing your limits is a part of self care. It can be exhausting to keep up with multitudes and if that's not something you can do right now, don't worry about it. You need to focus on your baby steps. <3

• Like 4

We're all here for you puck.  Whether on the forum or not, you know we're cheering for you.  You do you.  If you need to take it easy and focus on you, do that.  You know I'll always be willing to encourage you and believe in you.  So will everyone else.  One thing at a time. 

Also, deadlifts. :) 

• Like 5

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

2 hours ago, Koaladle said:

DO NOT FEEL GUILTY FOR STAYING ONLY ON YOUR THREAD. Knowing your limits is a part of self care. It can be exhausting to keep up with multitudes and if that's not something you can do right now, don't worry about it. You need to focus on your baby steps. <3

QFT, and also because that`s pretty much exactly what I was going to say but she beat me to it...

Glad to see you check in, but like Oramac says, we`re all here for you and cheering you on regardless. The feeling of `all or nothing` can be tough to ignore, but listen hard to the rational side of you when it says `that`s hooey`, and just keep on keepin` on!

• Like 4

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

You can definitely do this! And I was just the opposite, I would focus on other people's threads and not on my own, so I kinda know how you feel :P

You got this!

4Mo5X.gif

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Thank you so much everybody!!

I feel so supported and and and ...

giphy.gif

I did okay today.   Much better than I've done the past few.   I am still fighting terrible sniffles (no other symptoms really, but it's just getting plain old annoying now) but I got a lot of stuff done today/tonight.     

AM/PM: 2

BuJo: 1

Art Stuff:  -

Workouts:  -

Ate Like a D-bag:  -

Extra Credit: 2

Super Cleaned Bathroom for Christmas Eve

Printed and laminated the I.O.U Gift Pictures

Points Earned Today 5

Tomorrow I go see Star Wars in the morning, then finish the last two episodes of Season 1 StrangerThings (it's kinda scary and making me angry) then I have a hockey game tomorrow.   I am going to try and get some art sketching in somewhere in between.    Eating will be the real challenge.   The movie is at 8:40am!   So I need to eat enough before hand, to hold me until like 2, so I can eat then, and be ready to skate by 6.   Then I'll probably be hungry after and the girls wanna go get drinks and stuff for the holidays.      Gonna be damn tricky.

• Like 8

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Saturday Points

AM/PM: 2

BuJo: -

Art Stuff:  -

Workouts:  - 3

Ate Like a D-bag:  -

Extra Credit: 1

Helped my FRIEND Christmas shop, even though I am already done.  Ugh!

Points Earned Today 6

Total Points: 11

It was a super whirlwind day that had me going from 7:45 until 11pm.    I didn't get the BuJo open because I was really not in a position at all, all day to do that.

1. Saw Star Wars in the morning.   (I am still processing that, and I am not sure I liked it!  Ugh.   So much excite and now I am all meh.)
  2. From there, got food, where I ate a grilled chicken salad with only like half the dressing.  Super good move there.
  3. Shopping for hours.   At the mall and Target and other stores filled with crazies who wait too long to shop.
  4. Got back to the house and had a coffee, and friend insisted I see last 2 episodes of Stranger Things.
  5. Immediately after had to leave for the hour drive to the rink.
  6. Hockey game, where I scored a goal and had a beautiful NHL highlight hit (in a non check league, woops.)  We had only 7 skaters!!  SEVEN.   UGH.
  7. Post game beers and food with teamies to celebrate the holidays, I had two beers, 4 teeny 1.5 x 1.5 super slim pizza slices, one bruschetta piece and 2 cheese sticks.  
  8. Home and to bed.

I am not counting the post hockey food as eating like a d-bag, because the portions were moderate and I had literally just skated my ass off.  I also had NO DINNER before hand.  I at my salad at 12:30, skated from 6:40-8pm.   Then ate that stuff at like 9.

Hoping today is a bit more laid back.

• Like 5

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler