Looking good! That is a super busy work weekend so it only follows that you weren't going to be able to get those workouts in. Mmm, homemade cookies. SOLID PLAN FOR THE FINAL WEEK. 

Are you working on any specific new skills at gymnastics lately? :D

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 12/19/2017 at 6:40 AM, raptron said:

Looking good! That is a super busy work weekend so it only follows that you weren't going to be able to get those workouts in. Mmm, homemade cookies. SOLID PLAN FOR THE FINAL WEEK. 

Are you working on any specific new skills at gymnastics lately? :D

Thanks!

Not working on anything specific right now...I feel like I need to get some of this extra weight off to make throwing my body around easier.  Haha!  HOWEVER!!  Last night I did my very first EVER kip on the uneven bars!!!!!  Couldn’t repeat it, so couldn’t record it, but it happened!!

• Like 2
On 2017-12-21 at 10:28 PM, Nightcrawler_Bamff said:

HOWEVER!!  Last night I did my very first EVER kip on the uneven bars!!!!!  Couldn’t repeat it, so couldn’t record it, but it happened!!

YESSSSSSS! Such a huge milestone!!!! 

Halfling Assassin

Current challenge:  Tei un-schedules 

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12,  13, 14, 15 

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs. We have a protractor." -- Fraa Erasmas

On 12/21/2017 at 11:28 PM, Nightcrawler_Bamff said:

Thanks!

Not working on anything specific right now...I feel like I need to get some of this extra weight off to make throwing my body around easier.  Haha!  HOWEVER!!  Last night I did my very first EVER kip on the uneven bars!!!!!  Couldn’t repeat it, so couldn’t record it, but it happened!!

SO HUGE! 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 12/23/2017 at 6:09 PM, tei_ said:

YESSSSSSS! Such a huge milestone!!!! 

8 hours ago, raptron said:

SO HUGE! 

Thanks!!  It felt so natural and smooth that it actually took me a few seconds with my hips on the bar to realize that it was my first one, haha!

Week Four:

Tracking:

During the week:  Tracked every day

Saturday (Dec. 23) - Uncle's birthday:  Subway salad during the day then did, actually make conscious decisions at dinner.  AND stuck to only one cupcake for dessert!  Which is a big accomplishment for me nowadays (oops).  

Sunday (Christmas Eve):  This is our big celebration day.  Lots of snack food all day long.  I did indulge some, but 100% did better than I would have had this challenge not been going on.  

Monday (Christmas):  Spaghetti and meatballs, salad, and bread sticks.  Definitely at less than I otherwise would have.  Was conscious of what I was choosing to eat!  Supper was leftover beans and butternut squash I had made toward the end of last week.  

Result:  Pass

Exercise:

Monday:  Walk

Tuesday:  Walk

Wednesday:  Gymnastics (FIRST KIP!!!!)

Thursday:  Weights/body weight exercises while watching sappy, Hallmark-y Christmas movies

Friday:  Same as Thursday

Saturday:  Walk

Sunday:  Nothing.  I was planning to go for a walk, but people stayed up much later than last year and I didnt want to leave the festivities.  Also...by the end of the night, I had possibly had too much wine to safely go for a walk...

Monday:  Walk

Result:  Pass.

Gymnastics:

First kip ever!!!  Most of the time I will walk by the uneven bars, half ass try a kip a couple times, then walk away and find something else to do.  I did that this time!  Actually made it around and got my hips up over the bar!  It felt so nonchalant that it took me a couple seconds to realize that it wasnt a skill that I had been doing forever and that it was my very first one...and NOBODY SAW IT!!!  Then I couldnt do it again!  Uuuuughh!  BUT I DID IT!!!!

Interpreting:

Contacted the agency I did the videos for at the beginning of the challenge.  They replied to me and asked a few more questions on the 23rd and I responded with answers.  Now I'm just waiting for them to reply again and I will hopefully be added to their list of interpreters soon!

Emailed the school that I dropped my resume off with and got an automatic reply saying she is out of the office.

Started working on an application for a "graduation to certification" program, which sets up new interpreters with mentors and language coaches for improvement plans, mentoring, tutoring, and paid internship hours and pays for the national certification test at the end of it!  The test is ~$400 and has a 14% pass rate, so if I dont have to pay for it, that would be awesome!  

Unfortunately, I did not end up interpreting at all this month, other than one day the first week.  This is a slow month for interpreters with the holidays and ends up being pretty competitive with school being out and such.  Hopefully next month will pick up.  I do have another ongoing job lined up that hopefully goes through.  

Overall: Pass

• Like 2

Image result for nightcrawler "x men" fat

OVERALL:

Tracking: 

HUGE improvement!  I still have a hard time at work, but other than that, I am not mindlessly eating anymore, tracking my food, and, for the most part, staying within my points allowance.  Definitely still have work to do on this, but doing WAY better than before!  Time to step it up!

Exercise: 

I am back into the habit of doing something active every day, unless something comes up that makes it hard/impossible to do that day.  I now feel like my day is missing something if I dont do anything active.

Gymnastics: 

I knew this was going to be an easy goal from the beginning.  I still love going and look forward to it every week.  The only time it was hard was when I scheduled something for that day, but ended up able to switch that around so I could still make it.  I went every week during this challenge except for the day it was closed.  

Interpreting:

I got SO much done!  I put myself out there more than I probably otherwise would have, and the challenge forced me to get working on things that I probably would have put off longer.  None of this has ended up with anything coming to fruition, but should in the near future and wasnt for my procrastinating.  I think I am going to continue this one into my next challenge!

Overall:

Just the kick in the pants I needed!  I need to be a little more diligent about my eating at work, but very productive and successful four weeks!  

• Like 2