Diadhuit keep it up and spice it up

Diadhuit

On 12/16/2017 at 3:13 PM, Diadhuit said:

Bean, you are always so supportive, I am so grateful to have you here!

Thank you, to be honest, I am just glad you all are so welcoming.

I suppose we could, have done it, but we didn't go for a walk :D But from today I am on holidays and I went back walking :D

Do what you need to do for you. I am sure your parents will understand if you go for a walk while they are doing other things. It may be nice to walk around and see all those places you hung at out when you were younger.

I also managed to go help grandpa today, for the diaper changing, that is the worst as he fights back and I got all scratched...So, yay for being of help (?) It's a relief that I could bring grandma shopping (and I lost her so was panicking walking through the mall and she was waiting for me outside in the cold) and to mass. We asked the priest to come visit grandpa so a positive day (for how positive can be defined there). 93 and 97 are "good" ages, and I get the irony...

I am glad you were able to help, and while I am sorry he fought it so bad, I am glad that you got to do something. And I am glad you were able to take your grandmother out for a bit so she could relax and take a small bit of time where she didn't have to worry about him. *hugs* on the priest info. Good ages or not, it is still hard to go thorugh.

Yeah, otherwise it would have always been cleaning the house, at least I can do that... until my mom discovers that I do things differently and gets pissed off :D

I think this is most mothers. They think they taught you one way, then you leave and find your own method, and mom forgets that.

Phone calls are done when she is minding grands, but we have one car and they live 30min driving away, so not a lot can be done there... I am thinking to walk there sometimes when I am on holidays, we'll see...

Do they have something like Uber there where you could get a ride from someone to help take you around to see people or do things?

Dad turned 75 recently, and forgetting things in a non sick way runs in the family, so should have been expected, but it always hurt seeing your idols turning old and become infallibile. I think it's more that he has no patience anymore than he forgets things that shocks me a little.

This could be getting old. I mean if I don't write something down, there is a 50/50 chance I will forget it. I am sorry about the patience. Could it be maybe a side effect of one of his meds? At the same time, that may be something to ask your mom about more since she would know and be less likely to get upset (especially if she had seen the change but hadn't figure out what yet) than your dad.  Hubby's dad went through something similar for a few months over the summer where he was generally a jerk and then they changed a med and he went back to being more himself.

• Like 1

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

I am glad you were able to help, and while I am sorry he fought it so bad, I am glad that you got to do something. And I am glad you were able to take your grandmother out for a bit so she could relax and take a small bit of time where she didn't have to worry about him. *hugs* on the priest info. Good ages or not, it is still hard to go thorugh.

Yay! I have been convincing Mom that I can stay on my own and it looks like I might today. That means probably sitting for 12h and two diaper changing so will get my 'weight lifting' for today.
I wasn't implying that grandad is dying (while I always expect the call that he passed), we ask the priest to come because it's Christmas and while he can't go to Mass he can appreciate a blessing. So it's kind of festive :) He will also get the sick and dying blessing just in case, but he gets it every six months... It seems bad to say that we are kind of waiting for him to die. It seems calculating, but it just mean that we are getting ready for it, for as much as you can prepare... When I left 5y ago both they said so long, we won't see each other again in this life, yet I'm lucky to see them each 6 months.
With a bit of luck I could go for a 'walk' with grandad today... and get some sunshine.
  • Like 1

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

14 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Yay! I have been convincing Mom that I can stay on my own and it looks like I might today. That means probably sitting for 12h and two diaper changing so will get my 'weight lifting' for today.

I wasn't implying that grandad is dying (while I always expect the call that he passed), we ask the priest to come because it's Christmas and while he can't go to Mass he can appreciate a blessing. So it's kind of festive :) He will also get the sick and dying blessing just in case, but he gets it every six months... It seems bad to say that we are kind of waiting for him to die. It seems calculating, but it just mean that we are getting ready for it, for as much as you can prepare... When I left 5y ago both they said so long, we won't see each other again in this life, yet I'm lucky to see them each 6 months.
With a bit of luck I could go for a 'walk' with grandad today... and get some sunshine.

It's great that they are letting you take care of him for a bit. And some sunshine sounds nice. :)

It might be calculating, but in a good way. It was the same with my grandma when they put her in the hospice. We knew it was coming, we just didn't know when. So you prepare for it, and then make them comfortable while you wait. (And sometimes you wait a really long time, like with my grandma's uncle who lived to be almost 110.) I think it gives you more time to come to terms with the death, so maybe it doesn't hit you as hard when it does happen.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

On 12/20/2017 at 4:45 AM, Diadhuit said:

This is great news. Hopefully things went really well and maybe they will let you help more.

On 12/20/2017 at 4:45 AM, Diadhuit said:

I know what you mean. My grandfather had Alzheimer's for like 10+ years, eventually it was the disease that took him, and not a complication like most. You have to prepare yourself for these things and while your grandfather is okay, you also know that it can happen anytime too. I am not religious, but I think that bless is perfect for your grandfather if it helps him and your family that he gets its. He is "sick" in a way with the dementia, so it will help he do what he can for as long as he can. And sadly, we never know how long we have with anyone, so its a good thing to prepare for mentally.

Sometimes, you just have to be ready, and I know when my grandfather finally passed, we were all grateful in a way since it mean't he could remember again. He didn't have to keep fighting.

*hugs*

• Like 1

This is great news. Hopefully things went really well and maybe they will let you help more.

It didn't go well. He kicked and scratched and shouted. My mum was bleeding with drops.
But yeah, it went ok and they ask me to help again out of necessity.

I am out on timeout right now because I am raging. It was supposed to be my me-day, konmaring my wardrobe and the result? I war interrupted once when my sister packages arrived, then I had to bring grandma to the cardiologist. The doctor said she shouldn't walk, yet she wanted to go to get her hearing aids batteries and then shopping. I had to shout at her that she had to choose as her heartbeat was already over 100 per minute while laying down. I am very not proud of that, but it just get at me her inability to think that we are putting limits on her because we care for her. She replied she would rather be dead. I can't deny I had to bite my tongue severely not to say: 'ok, then, walk home, it's just 9km!' I was so angry! She goes on ignoring pain and then she spends 3 days in bed because she is exhausted and sick. I know that I am like her, but I get hurt by her snappy replies.
As that was not enough I parked at risk of removal because there were no parking spots near the earing aid place so that she could go in herself as her majesty wishes and while in she asked for a technician to check her earing aid and then complained we had to wait 20 minutes! I was stunned and ashamed to be with her... All the people working there are not your servitude! I have never seen someone that self-centered. I am just out of any grace!

Yikes, no wonder you are raging!

I've had customers like that before and there's just no pleasing them. But it happens more often than you'd think, and the ones who just complain aren't the worst to deal with. (Basically, the people who work there are probably used to it and pay it no mind.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I've had customers like that before and there's just no pleasing them. But it happens more often than you'd think, and the ones who just complain aren't the worst to deal with. (Basically, the people who work there are probably used to it and pay it no mind.)

More likely, they smile and stay professional, then laugh about it in the break room later :P 

• Like 3

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

@zeroh13 and @scalyfreak they have been very professional and caring, basically ignoring her comments. But it took me a good night of sleep to let go. And it makes me angry at myself that I get angry at her. She is 93, if she is like that there is nothing that will make her change. Still...

Week 1 17/12 -22/12 - Diadhuit loses balance and regain it
Strange week this one, on kind of staycation.

Main goal: Balance is key

Yeah, well, meh not really.

Keep it up Quest

walk to or from work while pray as you go (ends: 9/12) 10/10 --> 100% --> SUCCESS

walk 10000 steps per day (from 10/12, multiplier 1.2) 3/13 --> 28% --> FAILURE

War of the walkers PVP (ends: 30/11) --> SUCCESS

2.4 litres of water per day (multiplier 1.3) 12/27 --> 58% --> FAILURE (NEAR SUCCESS)

eat 6 freggies per day (multiplier 1.3) 21/27--> 100% --> SUCCESS

max 3 main tasks per week (multiplier 1.2) 8/11 --> 87% --> SUCCESS

Added quests:

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/104931-20th-day-walking-challenge-dec-5-jan-13/ (from 5/12) 74% --> SUCCESS

https://darebee.com/advent2017.html (Multiplier 1.5 because it's not really a KIU) 16/22 --> 100% --> SUCCESS

Week 1 tasks:

- organise for 9/12 and tell who is involved DONE

- meetup email reminder DONE

- crochet bookmark DONE

Week 2 tasks:

- buy/make present for 9/12 - DONE

- prepare luggage - DONE

- clean the house - DONE

Week 3 tasks:
- Organise for night out- DONE

- create yoda hat- DONE

- create shaul

Week 4 tasks:

- create shaul

- gift for mum

- shoes for Ale

Each successful habit will take a point, 5/5 is loot grade, 3/5 is passing grade Edit: 6/8 is loot, 4/8 is passing

TOTAL 6/8 - LOOT

Quest 1 A strong core is the heart of exercise

One of these gives a tick in habits:

Physio (do the knee plank for one song (keeping it as much as I can) and then go in the downward dog  and then the snake with the roller for a second song)

30 days abs challenge

Yoga (either a class or at home)

Pilates (either a class or at home)

Hula hoop (either a class or at home)

Bellydance (either a class or at home)

Anywhere abs

Multiplier: 1.4

15/27 --> 77%

TOTAL: PASSING

Quest 2 Nourish the body

Eat less than 10 portions of no-nos (e.g. a hand palm of fried vegetables or protein, a cup of white pasta, anything with a cup of white flour, a thumb of sweets)

Multiplier: 1.2

14/27 --> 62%

TOTAL: PASSING

Quest 3 Dare

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/104626-daily-dare-nov-26-dec-30/
I am in for Bronze

Multiplier: 1.3

21/27 -->100%
Great success!!! I have reached Silver!!

TOTAL: LOOT

Level up my life Nourish the soul

Pray the examen each evening

Multiplier:  1.2

8/27 --> 35%

TOTAL: FAIL

As for now I am taking care of my food, and my body, that has always been the part of me I left behind. Yet, I am not taking enough care of my mind (sleep and regular waking times) and soul (I am taking care of my soul, but could do better).

I think I would like again to set my next challenge on these areas more than anything.

Points to bear in mind:

- difference between drive and being driven

- be gentle and compassionate with myself

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Diadhuit said:

Quest 3 Dare

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/104626-daily-dare-nov-26-dec-30/
I am in for Bronze

Multiplier: 1.3

21/27 -->100%
Great success!!! I have reached Silver!!

Great job! If the dare is happening again next challenge, I'll definitely be joining in.

27 minutes ago, Diadhuit said:

Points to bear in mind:

These are points I need to work on too.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Diadhuit said:

@zeroh13 and @scalyfreak they have been very professional and caring, basically ignoring her comments. But it took me a good night of sleep to let go. And it makes me angry at myself that I get angry at her. She is 93, if she is like that there is nothing that will make her change. Still...

This is a hard thing. Especially as our family ages, we want to see the wonderful people we saw when we were kids, when they could do no wrong. At the same time, we have had people treat us like our family just treated someone else and you want to rage, but can't because you know it won't change anything. *hugs* sorry it happened, but I think you handled it the best you could.

As for now I am taking care of my food, and my body, that has always been the part of me I left behind. Yet, I am not taking enough care of my mind (sleep and regular waking times) and soul (I am taking care of my soul, but could do better).

*Hugs* I think your doing great, especially since half this challenge has you in a different location. But the things you struggle with are very common and I struggle with them too.

I think I would like again to set my next challenge on these areas more than anything.

Points to bear in mind:

I think there are a number of us that should work on this. I know I need to.

• Like 1