• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Koaladle

Koaladle

13 minutes ago, obax said:

Hoo boy, sounds like you've had a hell of a rough go of it. Murphy and his law seem to have settled nicely into your front lawn........

That's an incredible amount of stress for anyone to deal with it, and you're dealing with it like a champ. Sometimes things need to fall by the wayside in the short term to keep you sane in the long term, and it looks like you're taking your self care seriously. Just keep on truckin', you'll get through and things will settle eventually.

(Just realized, considering your vehicle troubles, 'keep on truckin'' might not have been the best choice of words, but you get the idea :) )

Nope, totally hilarious. That's that dark humor ish that I love. <33 I didn't notice until you pointed it out, but then I actually threw my head back with the laffs.

TDiLEMa.gif

1 hour ago, Fonzico said:

Phew. You have been having a rough go of it, my friend, but you are rallying like a MF champ!

Awesome progress on the journal, btw! Such fun :D

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thank you! It's gonna be puuuuurdy!

I really appreciate the validation, y'all. I am really hard on myself when I can't robot through problems, even though I know cognitively that not acknowledging stress is unhealthy and what made things so bad in the first place. 

Speaking on stress management, a lot of the physical symptoms I had yesterday are gone. Unfortunately it's raining so riding to the gym is a no-go. I'm not super bothered by that; it just means tea, blankets, and a cozy day in.

Daily Goals:

• Workout/Go to the Gym: work out at home, maybe head to the gym tonight just to get in there
  • Self Care: Whatever keeps the eye twitch at bay
  • Do Chores: My big goal today is going to be getting the kitchen in order. Husband got the stove all put together last night and it would be awesome to actually make something. If I'm feeling hairy, I may get started on the Christmas baking; the fridge is still empty so the dough has plenty of space to proof. 
  • Creative Outlet: I want to finish something, either the purple stripe on the blanket I'm knitting or sewing the pages of the journal together. I dunno, something. 
  • Eat with Family: It would be delightful to eat food I made at a clear table in a clean room. I might even bust out some candles and a bottle of wine. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Koaladle said:
  • Eat with Family: It would be delightful to eat food I made at a clear table in a clean room. I might even bust out some candles and a bottle of wine. 

This is the BEST. Non-screen simple connection time with food and friends/family is the most underrated, glorious thing. Good choice. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Koaladle said:

Nope, totally hilarious. That's that dark humor ish that I love. <33 I didn't notice until you pointed it out, but then I actually threw my head back with the laffs.

I generally have a VERY dark sense of humour. I reign it it somewhat (a lot) when in polite company/in public, but I'll be sure to let a bit slip out now and then on your threads. I will admit, it made me snort when I realized what I'd written, and I went with point it out rather than rewriting it in the hopes it might do the same for you.

Glad to hear the appliance drama is over (for now? or for good?) I feel like having a proper kitchen would go a long way to giving a sense of returning normalcy, at least it would for me, the kitchen is my favourite room in the house. To bad about the rain, but I feel like your backup plan of tea and blankets is a fine one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Super Starling! said:

This is the BEST. Non-screen simple connection time with food and friends/family is the most underrated, glorious thing. Good choice. 

I insist upon it every night. I love movies and he loves gaming so if we don't dedicate time in the evening together (reading together on the couch counts; he's an introvert and sometimes Cannot Words) we don't get it at all during the day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, obax said:

I generally have a VERY dark sense of humour. I reign it it somewhat (a lot) when in polite company/in public, but I'll be sure to let a bit slip out now and then on your threads. I will admit, it made me snort when I realized what I'd written, and I went with point it out rather than rewriting it in the hopes it might do the same for you.

Glad to hear the appliance drama is over (for now? or for good?) I feel like having a proper kitchen would go a long way to giving a sense of returning normalcy, at least it would for me, the kitchen is my favourite room in the house. To bad about the rain, but I feel like your backup plan of tea and blankets is a fine one.

More dark humor, yesss yesssssss. We put a new battery in the truck and it's doing a lot better. Husband even helped out a different broken down truck on his way home from work.

Almost? It managed to boil a can of chili in two minutes on low, so some tweaking needs to be done yet.

Got totally wrapped up in journal creation and was lost to the world. I'm glad I got a lot done, but I'm going to do that mini-workout and shower before bed. It's great to have that kind of focus, but nothing else got done today. -.- It's not over yet, so we'll see what I can come up with and I'll actually update in the morning. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Koaladle said:

Almost? It managed to boil a can of chili in two minutes on low

*whispers* holy sniff. that- is intense. Are you sure it's a stove and not a portal to hell or something? :o

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

*whispers* holy sniff. that- is intense. Are you sure it's a stove and not a portal to hell or something? :o

It's definitely Husband's personal hellmouth. He worked on it again this morning, had to leave for work, got in the truck annndd

tenor.gif

it didn't start. Anyway, now he's hungry, grouchy, and laughing his ass off, tells me to order food, and climbs into his rig. But you know what? I want some REAL food. One phone call and a pair of pants later, I'm heading off to the grocery store with my neighbor. We're pretty limited on prep space, the ability to cook, and patience so I went for easy foods; sandwich makings (with the healthiest bread option available--holds a remarkable resemblance to birdseed), rotisserie chickens, plain yogurt, carrots, bananas, salad mix, mandarins, and meat/cheese/baguette. I did get some junk food for husband, but I did make sure not to buy anything that I particularly like. There is one thing, but that's for Christmas baking and I'm pretty good about leaving that stuff alone because it is expensive when it isn't on sale. The plus side of being frugal, I guess. Other than that, I got orange juice, tea, and cocoa and left the store massively under budget. 

tina-fey-money-6.gif

DAY TWELVE: BELATED EDITION

• Do chores: Ugh, I'm barely going to count this. I didn't do much but I certainly took my time doing it.
  • Self Care: Took it easy, did basic hygiene, hydrated
  • Workout: Once again, pretty much the bare minimum. That being said, I can fit in 15 squats while I'm waiting for the water to heat up (either with the kettle or shower, oddly)
  • Creative Outlet: Smashed it. All the pages that I'd planned out are done or as done as they can be for now. Amazing what eight hours of "Paranormal Survivor" can do.
  • Eat with Family: Did it! It wasn't as nice as I'd hoped, but our trash is full of appliance packaging so the crap on the table gets to stay there for a couple days. 

Things went pretty okay

gfq4zysqpwvatevy7lrh.gif

DAY THIRTEEN: EARLIER THAN LATE EDITION, EDITION

• Workout: Another rainy day but I got my old Fitbit working again so I'm going to try and hit 10,000 steps inside. It's tedious but it's something. Once the truck is working again (lolololol but hopefully by next Monday) I'll go for an Anxiety Management visit to the gym.
  • Self Care: Lots of tea and quiet. The trip to the grocery store got my eye twitching again (I held up the line due to a missing barcode on some strawberries; awkward people will know the terror) so clearly I'm still tense. -.- I'll just do whatever I need to get the rest of the goals done. 
  • Chores: Went grocery shopping! Put things away! Whoo! I need to fold a load of laundry or something to cover the rest of it, but husband is working from home so the kitchen and living room are best left unattended until he's off work. No big deal; I'll listen to a book and match socks by the light of the tree after dinner.
  • Creative Outlet: About to start kicking ass on that journal again. 
  • Eat with Family: Hopefully dinner! 
  • Like 3

DAY FOURTEEN AND FIFTEEN, BORING EDITION:

I apparently don't have anything scheduled for the weekend other than the Eat With Family goal.  :) I think I'm going to take a break from the internet until Monday.

• Like 2

DAY FIFTEEN: LATE EDITION

The weekend wasn't as easy breezy as I would have hoped; I forgot about the two basketball games for pep band, both of which ensured there would be no eating with family. That's okay! We spent koalaty time together both days this weekend--just not at the table. Not going to make husband wait until bedtime to eat just because I'm playing "Jump on It" for the umpteenth time.

16150e08b0d29451bd850fec95d4a7f6.jpg

That said, I have a major milestone of accomplishment to share: I hit my step goal! Even with a busy day, I was efficient with the free time I did have. In fact, I bounced back from a panic attack, got out of bed, and endured the tedium that is walking a few thousand steps inside a small house. I am really, really proud of my work today and have ensured good work tomorrow by enlisting my dearest rival/bestie to a Fitbit Step-Off. She's been averaging 8k steps a day lately which is higher than I normally manage. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Es4UpW4.gif

In other overachieving news, I started tracking my food again! I wasn't going to start it until next challenge but since things have been going well for the last month or so à la calendar reminders, I decided to get in the habit early. I'm going to add it to my daily commitments as soon as this is posted. :)

All in all, I had a productive weekend.

(And will add gifs in the morning when I'm at my laptop)

fitbit_sharing_1623950057.png

Edited by Koaladle
Added gifs, as promised
  • Like 3

Good night, Koala, you've had a horrible time of it lately!!

AodaK_s-200x150.gif

You've done some very good Rangering despite all the lousy cruddy stuff life has been plopping onto you lately ... way to go. I hope things go better very soon!!

Good job reaching your step goal, too!! Does your Fitbit vibrate and show you fireworks when you make it? And doesn't that feel amazing??  :D 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Good job reaching your step goal, too!! Does your Fitbit vibrate and show you fireworks when you make it? And doesn't that feel amazing??  :D

I'm using a hand-me-down Fitbit Flex so I don't get the fireworks show unless I'm actively looking at the app on my phone when I hit the mark. One of my fitness milestone rewards is a Fitbit with fireworks capabilities, though! :D 

anigif_enhanced-23760-1439328841-6.gif

We got up early this morning for the truck appointment; while I was in the shower, Husband figured out something that was keeping the truck from starting and cancelled the appointment! To celebrate our functioning vehicle (and also to get coffee), we went out to Waffle House. Now, this is normally a visit as dangerous as cementing your head in a microwave but I kept it low-risk: one coffee with a single half-and-half, two eggs, hashbrowns, a half slice of toast, and a slice of ham. Granted, this is SUPER high in sodium, but calorie-wise it is only a touch higher than breakfast at home (it's those glorious shredded potatoes droooooooool). A waffle came with my meal but I stopped eating before I got full and we took it home. I'm sure Husband will rip into it for lunch. When we got ready to leave, I told Husband I would go ahead and walk home and hey hey heeyyy I did just that. I even took the long way home because I had some Pokemon to hatch. :D Anyway, I figured that walking a few miles would be a good start to the Workout Goal I have today while still keeping the sweat low enough to avoid a second shower today. It's cold out, dammit, and wet hair is extra miserable when frozen. 

takhini-hot-springs-hair-freezing-contes

Takhini Hot Springs Hair competition, now on my bucket list

DAY SIXTEEN, EARLY EDITION:

• Track food: So far, so good; I even planned out the rest of my meals for today to make sure I would be good to go.
  • Workout: Over halfway to the step goal but will visit gym tomorrow after I've enjoyed dry hair for a while
  • Self Care: Stress Eye is back again! I'll make sure to have some quiet time and maybe a nap
  • Creative Outlet: Going to see if I can't finish some journal pages up so I can finish the binding. There are a few sections I think I want to rework or re-purpose. 
  • Do Chores: I want to bake some cookies this week (going to a cookie exchange party on Thursday, maybe) so I need my kitchen in tip top shape so I can destroy it all over again. Gotta do dishes, put the weird crap that's been collecting on the counters away, and find a good place for the cookbooks (I actually have a really good idea for that remove huge and inefficient pantry cabinet, put in sturdy shelving instead that can act as pantry, pot rack, bookcase, and bar cart, but that's a couple paychecks away) at least until the baking is over. 
  • Take out the Trash: Definitely need to throw in as much as possible tonight. Having the house littered with packing materials stresses me tf out. 
  • Like 2

DAY SIXTEEN, BELATED EDITION:

I hit my step goal! Tracked food and was on target with things, minus the sodium side of things (due to pre-functioning range meal planning that involved a lot of sandwich meat, but that's okay--I'm ahead of myself tracking anything in the first place, let alone planning for macros, so while this is an excellent candidate for future awareness it is not yet mandatory). Also did dishes and put them away. Did the thing! Also saw "Coco" which was great, with the exception that Husband went to get snacks while I was sitting down and returned with caramel corn. I ate a bunch and I don't even like it. Gotta get a hold on the whole food jealousy thing. 

DAY SEVENTEEN, LATE EDITION:

Today has been all about self care so far (it's also like a few hours until bedtime so there's not a whole lot left. There is a thing going on (spoil at your own risk)

Spoiler

big goddamn cyst on my bikini line because WHY NOT -.-

that limits mobility significantly; it's not a big issue but it is pretty painful. Anyway, I powered through the last five days, but today it was time for a break. As long as I hit 5,000 steps, I can call it a sick day without feeling like I'm skiving off this challenge. Which is tempting. There are waffles in the house.....

leslie-knope-waffle.gif

So, I just need to do a creative outlet and watch "Die Hard" for husband's annual Christmas viewing, log dinner, and get to sleep. I can knit and watch the movie at the same time, so consider it done 

• Sad 1

Two things left to do got done! Ate with family, finished logging food--and even with Indian take-out stayed within the calorie restrictions. I'm at the low goal for steps, but I have enough time to watch some Dr Who and walk in place (which doesn't bother the thingyjig, so expect a lot of that in the next few days). 

Quick note in case I called it: I'm getting a tickle in my throat. I feel the winter blerg coming on... TO THE TEAPOT!

• Like 1

Schedule today was a normal Wednesday, but since I'm getting a cold I went with a step goal for my workout (nice and gentle, but still keeps up the habit of moving every day), skipped chores, but tracked my food and hydrated like a champ. I finally started the next color in the blanket I'm knitting, gave Dog the marathon cuddles he's been whining for, and am on day four of tracking food and hitting my step goal. 

As a side note, I have come a LONG way since I started on NF. While I still have trouble with setbacks (getting sick, emergency travel, anxiety overload), I am recovering so much faster. Yes it's a sick day, but no not everything is going out the window. Even if one goal gets put off, I'm finishing out the day with almost everything done. It's so encouraging to know the last two years haven't been a waste, it's just been part of the process to putting myself back together. Definitely going to bed satisfied tonight. :)

• Like 2

Thursday was good! Hit step goal again despite the sick day (walking in place is a nice, gentle way to stay active while also dying of a runny nose), logged food, did a creative outlet, basically everything except chores. I'm working on meal plans moving forward that will be sustainable, fit into calorie goals, and I will actually eat. Vegetables are a major struggle with me--the entire brassica family is a no-go--but since I'm taking the sick days I might as well do the research.

Also, I did a thing and I quite like it:

QNnrWtp3KpL7tmw3KvkFRiE9aCvf5Tde-CFj832c

In the past, I've been really bad about getting on the scale too often and getting discouraged because I didn't magically lose a pound a day--because when you hop on too often, you're not going to see any kind of improvement at all. So, this is a reminder to myself that even the little progress is progress; I wrote in Sharpie on the underside of the scale so that it won't rub off. It comes off easily with an alcohol wipe, so I might write other inspirational crap on there to match the motivation level over the next year. 

1vjwL8se_b_vGz_JB2vnbFpdai0k79nwuxibsD4z

I did a thing. Is nice. :D 

Got a ton finished in the journal, did lots of marching in place, tracked food that stayed within calories, drank all the tea. Overall hit most of the goals, although I do still have that one thing going on, as well as massive sniffles. This is definitely turning into my traditional pre-Christmas cold. -.- 

iamnotamused.gif

• Like 2

Dude, you're pushing through some yuckies!!! I'm so proud of you!

tenor.gif

I hope your cold and your thingamajig go away VERY quickly so you can be back to 100% badassery very soon!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Dude, you're pushing through some yuckies!!! I'm so proud of you!

tenor.gif

I hope your cold and your thingamajig go away VERY quickly so you can be back to 100% badassery very soon!!

Thanks! I'm going to make my step goal for the seventh day in a row for the first time... I think ever. AND I'm doing it with a cold plus an ow-shit-why-wasn't-the-year-enough. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Koaladle said:

Thanks! I'm going to make my step goal for the seventh day in a row for the first time... I think ever. AND I'm doing it with a cold plus an ow-shit-why-wasn't-the-year-enough. 

That's worth celebrating!!

tenor.gif 

• Like 2

So last week, I hit all the goals every day other than chores, due to Plague Sniffles. So far this week, I've hit everything but Eat With Family today due to some extreme bitchiness on my part and exhaustion on Husband's--we would not have made good company tonight. I'm also not going to the gym (Plague Sniffles) for my movement goals, but I am on day ten of consecutive step goal. 

For chores today I made a ridiculous amount of food to last us all three meals each day until I make Christmas dinner, so of course my day included cleaning the kitchen before and after. We don't have a dishwasher and do have a kitchen made for people six inches shorter than myself; it's no surprise that I'm now nursing a butt cramp with a heating pad. -.- 

But anyway, it looks like I'll be closing out this challenge ten pounds lighter and with a headstart on my January goals, which include sticking to my schedule, starting food prep up again, and hitting the step goal everyday. Or something. Honestly, I'm so incredibly irritable that I'm just going to search for ball gowns on the internet and watch "Pride and Prejudice" for the third time today. 

AbleSoggyJackrabbit-max-1mb.gif

• Like 3

Did the steps, tracked the food, will knit soon, and due to a rousing "holy shit, woman" yesterday about food prep I didn't do chores today. I think the cold is about gone; I feel like hell up until the evening so here's hoping I can get out of bed before noon tomorrow! The good news about being sick right before Christmas is that all the baking gets put off. I'm normally on batch four of my husband's favorite cookie and we're running to the store for another gallon of egg nog. 

Also, officially at/just below 250. I weighed myself first thing and then again at the end of the day (as a reminder that things fluctuate and not to get attached), and I am proud to announce that I have earned my Harry Potter leggings!

11113648_hi?$pdp_hero_zoom$

I loves them. :D

• Like 3