• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Koaladle

Koaladle

Congrats on all this progress you're seeing! Steps while sick is a big accomplishment, way to go on that! I know all I want to do when I'm even a little bit sick is to curl up in bed with Netflix and not come out 'til spring... And it looks like you've got yourself nicely set up to kill it in the next challenge/new year! Woo!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you both! I've been trying to make this kind of progress since I got married (soon after my deployment, which ended on Christmas Eve, 2013). There have been years of depression, comfort eating and anxiety-balling building up to where I am emotionally. I'm coming up to the seventh anniversary of a major trauma and am very motivated to shed the bullshit and enjoy the rest of my 20s.

I added a mentality change this go around as well. Instead of looking at 85 pounds I need to lose to be at a healthy weight, I'm taking it as 8 reps of 5 pounds per side, plus a victory lap. It's a lot less daunting that way.

I'm almost done with the journal! The most time consuming part has been filling out the pages but I anticipate finishing that right after Christmas and adding the binding before the New Year. I'm waiting on a Christmas check to use for a hot glue gun so I can make the binding twice as durable as my copy of Prisoner of Azkaban, which is a light breeze away from losing pages 41-112. 

Let's see, what else is going on... Husband has agreed to budget in a kitchen scale to help me count calories. He's been really impressed by my determination to hit my step goal this month. I'm making sure to actually break a sweat as well, rather than just going through the paces. During my fitness tracker research, one of the articles pointed out that "not all steps are created equal" and I keep that in mind. I've gone from two steps a second for ten minutes to three per second for fifteen minutes. While my Fitbit usually doesn't count every step, I do get 60-80 minutes of active minutes every day and hit the goal eventually. 

Goals for the next two days: 

Make poor, sick husband some chicken noodle

Tidy living room

Run/fold/put away laundry 

Pick up packages at post office

Finish binding/wash/sanitize/mail off baby blanket (must mail by tomorrow)

Locate weird smell now that olifactory senses functioning properly

Empty all the trash cans 

Work on grid pages in journal (its tedious and once this is done it's pretty much ready for binding)

Clear kitchen counters (we don't have a dishwasher so everything air dries, which makes the kitchen always look messy)

Empty out all the trash cans

Organize desk

Shop for hallway runner for under husband's rig (Star Wars something to match the Dogs Playing Poker, collection of swords, and chain mail)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Koaladle said:

Locate weird smell now that olifactory senses functioning properly

This seems like the scariest of the bunch. Unidentified weird smells usually don't end well, at least in my experience... Like when I had a bird get up under the hood of my car and die.... Hopefully the next item on your list takes care of this one too, that seems like that'd be the best of all possible outcomes...

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, obax said:

This seems like the scariest of the bunch. Unidentified weird smells usually don't end well, at least in my experience... Like when I had a bird get up under the hood of my car and die.... Hopefully the next item on your list takes care of this one too, that seems like that'd be the best of all possible outcomes...

Nothing nefarious, thank goodness; we just need to spray down the trash and recycle bins. 

Goals achieved in bold: 

Make poor, sick husband some chicken noodle

Tidy living room

Run/fold/put away laundry  (I'm about halfway)

Pick up packages at post office

Finish binding/wash/sanitize/mail off baby blanket (must mail by tomorrow)

Locate weird smell now that olfactory senses functioning properly

Empty all the trash cans 

Work on grid pages in journal (2/12 are done, going to finish another two by bedtime)

Clear kitchen counters (we don't have a dishwasher so everything air dries, which makes the kitchen always look messy)

Empty out all the trash cans

Organize desk (but need to do again already)

Shop for hallway runner for under husband's rig (it is selected, will be purchased next paycheck)

Got totally derailed today by random panic attack but managed to salvage the evening. I'm definitely going to hit the step goal, I watched husband eat (I couldn't wait for him, was tooo huuuungry), tracked food, did chores, took a break for panics (self care CHAMPION!), and otherwise kicked some rumpus despite everything. Pretty pleased with myself. Tomorrow is going to be a massive chore day because I will have an extra set of hands at my disposal. WHOO!

• Like 1

I'm just going to do a challenge wrap up today because there's a lot going on tomorrow. 

The schedule that I set worked really well. For the most part, I managed to stick to it closely despite a couple challenges. It was going well enough that I started tracking my meals voluntarily and have hit my step goal for twelve days straight--an all-time record. I have lost ten pounds in the last month, my portions are under control, and I've built exactly the momentum I hoped to have going into next year.

Overall, I have to say this is my most successful challenge in my two years on the forums. 

I will definitely post one more update for when the journal is all done. I am VERY proud of it, with all the mistakes and bad art. I think it's going to be a lovely keepsake when I look back on all my hard work of re-defining myself.  Or something. Have a cat gif.

xwD3pe6.gif

tumblr_nebp1s3hnA1qmw9koo1_400.gif

18zda7vji0qtvgif.gif

• Like 2

Koala, you have done a phenomenal job this challenge - your mindset changes have been awesome, you've kept going despite setbacks and obstacles, and you've made real progress toward your goals. Way to close out 2017 on a super strong note and get set for a fabulous 2018!!

tenor.gif 

• Thanks 1