Bookish Returns for the Second Half (of life)

Bookish Badger

A bit belated but just wanted to extend my sympathies, both to your MIL (it must be so terrifying at the beginning of losing your faculties, when you're still with it enough to realize it's starting to happen) and to you and your partner because that's a lot to deal with. If we can provide any support, please just say the word. 

Now off to find your new badgery challenge.

• Like 2

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17

Forum avatar is original art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi. Used with permission!
On 1/3/2018 at 10:37 AM, Vibrantella said:

This is exactly what's going on with my MIL at the moment, except it's not early-onset (she's 84)

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this too, it sure is not easy. I misspoke when I said "early-onset," I should have said "early stage" as mine's 84 as well.

• Like 1

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin

1 hour ago, Bookish Badger said:

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this too, it sure is not easy. I misspoke when I said "early-onset," I should have said "early stage" as mine's 84 as well.

Ah, yes, I see - my MIL is also in the early stages.  Sadly, I do have a family member with real early onset Alzheimer's, my SIL who was diagnosed a year ago at the age of 59 :( 

• Like 1

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

4 minutes ago, Vibrantella said:

Ah, yes, I see - my MIL is also in the early stages.  Sadly, I do have a family member with real early onset Alzheimer's, my SIL who was diagnosed a year ago at the age of 59 :( 

Oh, dear. You have my deepest sympathies - that is just so young for a disease like this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin