Building a real foundation

Izyish

I'm back in the Rebel camp to start up again but this time working the fundamentals. My last challenge had to be stopped short as more pressing deficiencies needed to be addressed. These next 4 weeks I want to build something to work from. I have limited resources and not a lot of knowledge on how diet and workouts should work but I am learning and trying to improve. This cycle I wantto focus on some really simple things that will hopefully set me up for successes. Any advice or materials people may have to help me with this would be really helpful as well! 

My challenges: 

1. Figure out what my needs are
    1.  Find out what my macros are
    2. Find out what my water consumption should be 
    3. Figure out what micros are and what my needs for those are
  2. Set myself up to succeed
    1. Get a water filter that will work on the toxins in my home
    2. plan groceries that will let me meet my macros and micros on my tight budget
    3. learn to manage prepped meals (I hate leftovers and planning meal leads to already being exhausted of the meal to eat it)
  3. Bring something new to my life (My life has gotten pretty stale due to some poor mindset, while that mindset is still there i need to take advantage while i can and push myself to change things up) 
    1. Visit 4 new places in Chicago
    2. Meet 4 new people
    3. Try 2 new things
  4. Improve my life
    1. Finish the first 2 assignments in my CS training program
    2. Take the train to work at least 3 days a week instead of a Lyft/Uber to save money
    3. Do 3 things i enjoy but have stopped doing

• Like 1

Challenge Progress

1. Figure out what my needs are (Had first consultation with nutritionist, once insurance is sorted i will be getting blood work done)
    The doctor is not covered under insurance, it looks like none in my city are covered. Hopefully my new insurance in the new year will open up more options
      1. Estimate: (IIFYM)
        1. Daily burn: 3063 calories
        2. goals
          1. calories: 2200-2800
          2. protein: 204 grams
          3. fat: 105 grams
          4. carbs: 172 grams
          5. fiber: 53-70 grams
      2. Medically Verfied: TBD
      1. Estimate: 175-200 oz/day
        1. based on an average of 5 different calculations
      2. Medically verified: TBD
      1. TBD
      1. Research
        1. Looks like 2 options are out there for me
          1. Pur
            1. My faucet will not take their faucet filters, will need to use pitcher/dispenser
            2. Needs lead specific filter that does not come with the device
          2. Zero Water
            1. More costly and filters need to be changed more frequently than Pur
            2. Has larger capacity dispenser
        2. Decide on best choise
          1. TBD
      2. Purchase Filter
        1. TBD
    2. Plan groceries that will let me meet my macros and micros on my tight budget
      1. Week 1:
        1. Cubed beef, carrots, Daikon, and seasonings
          1. Beef and carrot dish failed and had to be tossed sadly :(
        2. Chicken Thighs with rice
          1. Pushed to next week
      2. Week 2:
        1. Chicken Thighs, Rice w/ mixed vegetables, gravy, Avocado
        2. Tuna Salad Sandwiches
      3. Week 3:
        1. N/A (There was a lot of wasted food from week 2, and I was just not up helping myself in any way)
      4. Week 4: 
        1. Cottage Pie  (trying 1 dish for this week as i love cottage pie and i have a short work week to begin with)
    3. learn to manage prepped meals (I hate leftovers and planning meal leads to already being exhausted of the meal to eat it)
      1. Week1/2: Trying to rotate meals, Plan 2 per week and rotate days, this will help with the feeling of exhaustion i hope? 
      2. make smaller portions, lots of food was wasted so far..
  3. Bring something new to my life
    (My life has gotten pretty stale due to some poor mindset, while that mindset is still there i need to take advantage while i can and push myself to change things up) 
      1. Regal Cinema 14 on Western
      2. Boys Town
      3. Portage Park
      4. TBD
    2. Meet 4 new people
      1. Nina (Friend of a friend at a Friendsgiving dinner)
      2. Josh (a Friend's boyfriend met at pokemon go meetup) 
      3. Kat (A friend's new girlfriend)
      4. Nick (A friends long time Boyfriend I have never met) 
    3. Try 2 new things
      1. I saw a Nutritionist (I have not seen a doctor outside of serious injury in more than 10 year)
      2. I have taken time off work with no schedule or plans forcing me to do so. This is my second vacation ever and my first where i am not traveling on a tight schedule. 
  4. Improve my life
      1. Assignment 1:
        1. Revision #2 submitted
        2. Revision #3 submitted 12/3
      2. Assignment 2:
        1.  Revision #1 submitted
        2. Revision #2 submitted 12/3
    2. Take the train to work at least 3 days a week instead of a Lyft/Uber to save money
      1. Week 1: 2/3 days
      2. Week 2: 0/3 days
      3. Week 3: 1/3 days
      4. Week 4: 0/2 days
      1. I spent the weekend playing Magic the gathering for the Unstable release set! 
      2. Went to a Pokemon Go Meetup
      3. Went Axe Throwing! 

I'm back in the Rebel camp to start up again but this time working the fundamentals. My last challenge had to be stopped short as more pressing deficiencies needed to be addressed. These next 4 weeks I want to build something to work from. I have limited resources and not a lot of knowledge on how diet and workouts should work but I am learning and trying to improve. This cycle I wantto focus on some really simple things that will hopefully set me up for successes. Any advice or materials people may have to help me with this would be really helpful as well! 

My challenges: 
  1. Figure out what my needs are
    2. plan groceries that will let me meet my macros and micros on my tight budget
  3. Bring something new to my life (My life has gotten pretty stale due to some poor mindset, while that mindset is still there i need to take advantage while i can and push myself to change things up) 
    2. Meet 4 new people
    3. Try 2 new things
  4. Improve my life

This seem so intererting! How are you planning to find out your needs? I really would like to know myself...

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

I'm starting with estimates using IIFYM to get my macros, and i averaged several sites for estimates on water intake. For a more accurate idea and to get the micros i am looking to schedule an appointment with a nutritionist, a bonus there would be getting a better idea of some healthier habits i can take up. 

On 12/18/2017 at 3:45 AM, Diadhuit said:

Hello, sorry I have been distracted and absent lately.
How is it going? What do you mean with overly complicated? Is there a way to make it simpler?

I meant the huge breakdown i have above in my tracking post. For me it makes sense but i feel it makes it way harder for other people to follow along? 

It;s going slow, I missed a couple marks but overall progress has been made so I choose to focus on that lol. 

thanks for checking in! 

I meant the huge breakdown i have above in my tracking post. For me it makes sense but i feel it makes it way harder for other people to follow along? 

It;s going slow, I missed a couple marks but overall progress has been made so I choose to focus on that lol. 

thanks for checking in! 

The important thing is that it makes sense to you! I find that people here like a 'wordy' update, with 2-3 sentences talking about what you achieve and if you are struggling. I read your tracking post, and I find you are not slowing down? You are doing great!

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8