Hiroro

3 hours ago, Hiroro said:

I felt happy Saturday and all day Sunday, which was kind of amazing. Back in the funk now. I'm starting to think that working out actually affects my mood the next day, and that more days not working out increases the suck. Yesterday I was intensely feeling the "I don't care about anything life is empty" vibe. But it's nice to know that I can feel happy for a full day.

I'm really sorry you're back in the funk ... but I'm super glad you were feeling good for a bit! That's a victory!  :)  I'm also proud of you for trying the dance class! Was that something offered through your gym?

It'd be interesting, if you had the time/energy, to track your workouts and your mood and see if they seem correlated ... it'd be awesome if exercise was something that could help you stay feeling pretty good during the blah winter season.  :)

I hope you feel better this afternoon and find some sunshine, inside or out!!

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

3 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

I'm really sorry you're back in the funk ... but I'm super glad you were feeling good for a bit! That's a victory!  :)  I'm also proud of you for trying the dance class! Was that something offered through your gym?

It'd be interesting, if you had the time/energy, to track your workouts and your mood and see if they seem correlated ... it'd be awesome if exercise was something that could help you stay feeling pretty good during the blah winter season.  :)

I hope you feel better this afternoon and find some sunshine, inside or out!!

That's okay, it's a wild ride and I'm just thrilled to be feeling more of the ups lately. The dance class was at a local studio, through Classpass.

Yes I'm wondering if more than the obvious endorphin boost, even if I don't always feel amazing for the whole rest of the day, the day AFTER a workout is actually significantly "happier" than otherwise. It is in fact sunny today, which is lovely.

• Like 2

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

I'm sorry, I'm just catching up! Rollercoaster indeed, but I'm glad to hear it's more up than down. I think you're doing a great job of handling the downs as best you can... And you're still here and that's huge!

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

YOU GUYS MY WEDDING DRESS IS HERE!!!!!!!

I tried it on at the shop and was like...yep it's pretty, 99% I picked right - was feeling a little self-conscious in front of the saleswoman (I'm trying this natural deodorant and it DOES NOT WORK), and some annoyance because apparently it arrived 11/9 and I was supposed to get an email...but their system is malfunctioning. All I wanted was a genuine apology, and all I got was "yeah that's so wierd...". I was like DUDE do you really think I was waiting over a month to pick up my WEDDING DRESS?! I just thought that after a couple weeks or at least a month they should have called me. And not having done that, apologized. Oh well.

But then I got home, and on a whim (since fiance wasn't home yet) put the dress on again. I dragged my full-length mirror to the kitchen for better light. And then I cried and cried and cried and texted then facetimed my bridesmaid/cousin. Because it's been sort of a rough year with the depression and wedding stress, and I haven't lost weight despite the wedding (and my mother) hovering over me. But I felt so beautiful in that dress, that even if I didn't lose a single pound before the wedding, I will still feel beautiful. And I haven't felt beautiful/pretty in a really long time...so I cried. Plus there was some "eeeeeeeeeeeeek I'm actually getting married" emotion in there.

If any of you watched Friends, when I put the dress on at home I was thinking about the episode where Phoebe, Monica, and Rachel all hang out on the couch in wedding dresses because it makes them feel pretty.

I may or may not start using this dress as my progress metric instead of the scale. Because putting on a gorgeous dress on Monday mornings sounds way better than stepping onto the scale.

I'm basically ending my challenge early because I'm leaving for Spain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I will work on continuing to get runs/walks in, and doing my meditation and prayer in the mornings.

• Like 5

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

You are beautiful, and I'm glad the dress helped you realize it. We are going to a ball this Christmas season. I get to wear a sparkly fancy dress. I love it, because it does  the same thing for me. And it makes me feel like a princess. 

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 12/22/2017 at 1:14 PM, Hiroro said:

But then I got home, and on a whim (since fiance wasn't home yet) put the dress on again. I dragged my full-length mirror to the kitchen for better light. And then I cried and cried and cried and texted then facetimed my bridesmaid/cousin. Because it's been sort of a rough year with the depression and wedding stress, and I haven't lost weight despite the wedding (and my mother) hovering over me. But I felt so beautiful in that dress, that even if I didn't lose a single pound before the wedding, I will still feel beautiful. And I haven't felt beautiful/pretty in a really long time...so I cried. Plus there was some "eeeeeeeeeeeeek I'm actually getting married" emotion in there.

If any of you watched Friends, when I put the dress on at home I was thinking about the episode where Phoebe, Monica, and Rachel all hang out on the couch in wedding dresses because it makes them feel pretty.

I may or may not start using this dress as my progress metric instead of the scale. Because putting on a gorgeous dress on Monday mornings sounds way better than stepping onto the scale.

All of this makes me so happy!!! It makes me happy because it's so easy to boil down our progress into just numbers on a scale; but really it's so much more - it's not about the numbers at all, it's about how we feel, what we can do, and how we think about ourselves. You ARE beautiful and I'm so glad you felt that!!

Have a wonderful and safe trip to Spain! We'll be eagerly waiting to hear all about it when you get back!!

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers