karinajean moves forward deliberately and with great purpose

karinajean

1 hour ago, Asa Pond said:

I'mmmmm sorry. What? I need to know the rest of this story because right now I'm mildly terrified. 

TLDR: The murderer (pictured below) strangled the poor big mouse to death when he snuck into her bed.  

Related image

The story: My sister did something to the upstairs toilet and it flooded. When it floods it goes directly below it to a closet, which was my step sisters at the time. Well, my dad made my sister clean up the closet and when she was moving around the barbie tote/bin she saw the mouse tangled in the barbie hair. She didn't think it was real and decided to untangle it even though my step sister said she didn't have a plastic mouse toy. My sister picked up the barbie and along came the very real and very dead mouse. She screamed and flung the dead thing into more of my step sisters toys. Lots of screaming happened then my dad came down, laughed for a few mins and then got a bag.  

I've also seen a mouse swing from a support beam while it's tail was attached to a glue trap. That was a fun one. Dad made me stand in between the closet and my room with a broom. Told me if the mouse ran in my direction, hit it with the broom and out the door. He was trying to heard it to the back door. Which we did accomplish only after he used his own broom to dislodge the mouse from the glue trap. Then it ran at me, I hit it like a hockey puck back at my dad, who then hit it with his broom towards the back sliding door. Fun times. 

My parents house sits in front of a huge wooded area so we always had lots of mice. Now he just uses electrical traps. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

On 28/11/2017 at 10:41 PM, karinajean said:

OH I FORGOT TO TELL YOU. 

we have so many mice. (OK TWO.) one was just chilling on the counter when I got home next to a trap I'd set this morning and I threw something at it and it just ignored me and kept munching. I avoided eye contact after that and made my own dinner and took it into another room. another one ran around on the dining room floor while I was working and Ella Olga Babygoat Torturekitty Murderclaws herded it around until I could capture it and throw it outside. Ella isn't that interested in actually catching and killing mice, but she's generally pretty good at keeping an eye on them until I can put a cup over the top of them.

this is normal winter stuff - the first couple of really cold weeks = the outdoor mice trying to move indoors with us in our big old drafty full-of-holes farmhouse. BUT IT'S STILL GROSS AND WEIRD.

OMG we found a dying mouse on the floor in the dining room last week. There was blood on the floor and both cats were looking innocent. We live in a bungalow in the suburbs though, so that was weird. But good job, cats? Kinda? Why didn't you fully kill it though? Ugh.

• Haha 1
On 11/27/2017 at 4:26 PM, karinajean said:

in the spirit of SAY WHAT YOU WANT AND GET WHAT YOU NEED I took a hard look at my feelings right now and realized a few things:

1. I feel like I'm in a holding pattern. I'm not sure what I'm waiting for - january, when my husband is not at school on tuesdays and thursdays and I can try to do bigger weights at the dojo? the holidays so I can figure out if I'm going to gain weight again like I did last time?

2. I'm bummed that I gained weight last year over the holidays and held onto it all year. I mean, I'm bummed that 2 years ago I gained weight after the holidays and got out of my "goal range" and haven't lost that weight either. 

2a. I'm bummed that I feel like I'm in a holding pattern with this too? like, I know how to take action, why am I not taking action?

so goals!

1. Be deliberate and careful as I walk through the holiday season

yo don't get frustrated again this year, ok?

which means... prioritize daily tracking of food again. get it all in, every day. prioritize daily weighs, too.

2. Be deliberate about moving.

it turns out I don't like running right now (because I don't seem to be doing it). Ok, that's fine. 

do 3x bodyweight every week. do 2x yoga every week also. soooo this is a M-W-F schedule for BW, and a T-Th for yoga. I can do this. 

for bodyweight I'm looking at the academy... it's been ages since I've done anything there. I think I'm at level 3? according to the things? just, whatever. Just do those workouts this week (week 1).

3. Be deliberate about push-ups! 

dude, you say you want to do these all the time. so learn how to do them already!

use the start bodyweight progression for push-ups. SELF, you can DO THIS.  do it every day. 3 sets of 8, every day.

4. BE DELIBERATE ABOUT SLEEP.

a lot of my issues with exercising is that I'm waaaaaay too tired. no screens in bed any more. don't read until the wee hours. get into bed at 9-9:15, and go to sleep. get up at 5AM. there, easy, right?

Love all this that you've got going on here. But do you need a rest day on push-ups?

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

10 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

Love all this that you've got going on here. But do you need a rest day on push-ups?

I am not sure! I might. I'm starting out SO SLOW that so far, I feel like I can do these every day. I think because I'm not pushing fast gainz with the pushups - rather - focusing on range of motion - I think (hope!) I will be ok.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

TODAY WAS A REAL DAY, YOU GUYS.

I got up and did the happy hamstrings (IT'S A TRAP) and it is SO SO SO HARD. it really points out where my muscles are super tight. https://www.doyogawithme.com/content/happy-hamstrings I guess I would recommend, but it's a super bear.

then I drove to work - it's construction day, so that's 100 miles away in NJ. I was nearly there when this weird noise that I've heard before happened - like, a screeching sound. then it stopped, and a much more sinister and awful sound happened in the engine area, like a grinding and crunching noise. YIKES. so, I got off at my exit, and started towards the construction site, and as I was turning.... the car shut off. OH OK. happily, this happened right outside of a mechanics! so he took a look and made some hypotheses, and then said he couldn't help me, he was too busy, but directed me to a shop down the road. The car turned on! so I drove it down the road, and THOSE guys were super cool and totally able to help me out. I called my colleagues on the construction site and one of them came and picked me up and I spent 4 hours on-site, doing site things (happily I packed my lunch today!) and then went back and got my car and paid them a LOT OF MONEY to replace the alternator and the ac compressor. Then I also learned that my grandfather had passed away (we weren't super close, and he had very advanced alzheimers, but of course I want to support my mom as much as possible) and drove to tkd to teach, stopping at target to get a little black dress for my holiday party tomorrow. and then I taught, and then I hustled the kids out because I had to stop at a wake for a dear friends' aunt, and then I came home and the cat was PISSED for some reason! and I had an ice cream sandwich, pickings off of a turkey leg, and some triscuits for dinner. and then an ice cream sandwich for dessert.

in tkd I made everyone do wall push-ups right down to the wall. I was like STRAIGHT BACKS! TUCK YOUR BUTTS! DON'T LEAD WITH YOUR HEAD! PUT YOUR NOSE ON THE WALL! so I got my push-ups in today too. 

tomorrow I need to wake up and do my bodyweight things, then pick up a colleague and carpool to work, and get all the things done, and then go to my work holiday party. AAAAH.

so, I'm late to bed but I'm going now. I hope you are all doing well, friends, and had much more relaxing / less stressful.

• Like 3

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Finally following a KJ thread :) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Following! 

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Omg, what a day. :|

AT LEAST IT IS PARTY TIME TONIGHT?!?!

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

ohshitohshitohshit

Car stuff freaks me right out. Our second car (20 years old) just had a crisis last week. We got it fixed, but our mechanic used the phrase "pray it holds together" in his notes on the invoice. So that's the car I drive three blocks to the store and the train station from now on. I hope your prognosis is better.

I am going to enjoy hearing about how you embrace your inner drill sergeant. 

• Like 1

"We can be heroes"

Just now, Mad Hatter said:

That comment pretty much sums up KJ's life. :P 

KJ, I think I know why you're having trouble fitting in all the fitness-y things you want to!

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution, because all your things are either work / family important stuff or super awesome TKD stuff.

• Haha 1

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

17 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

That comment pretty much sums up KJ's life.

so damn right

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

Sorry I'm late! 

On 12/1/2017 at 3:46 AM, karinajean said:

in tkd I made everyone do wall push-ups right down to the wall. I was like STRAIGHT BACKS! TUCK YOUR BUTTS! DON'T LEAD WITH YOUR HEAD! PUT YOUR NOSE ON THE WALL! so I got my push-ups in today too. 

YESS!! USE YOUR POWERS :D:D:D

Also stop with the mouse stories now okay. I always thought they were kinda cute but this year I'm just scared they'll eat my babies face while she's sleeping... yes I worry about all the things now :(

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

FRIDAY 

I did NOT do any bodyweight things. I had a hectic stressful day at work, and then an AMAZING holiday party *WITH KARAOKE* which sounds like it might be super weird but I am so impressed with my colleagues, it was really really fun. I sang a few songs but noteably, say it ain't so by weezer, and creep by radiohead (with opera voice at the end). as you do.

I also ate a very sensible amount of food from the buffet, and had like.....4? 5? gin and seltzers.  I didn't feel like I had overeaten at all! by the time I got home I had to have some crackers before bed, because maybe it was a lot of gin, and then woke up plenty dehydrated and with a headache at 545 AM but happily could go back to sleep.

no push-ups. 

SATURDAY OH THAT'S TODAY

I got up, had a hearty oatmeal breakfast, and went to dojo sat. it was a GREAT day though I was a little off balance (literally, I think hangovers dehydrate me and then my balance is a little weird). but, we did a bunch of bag work and then worked in bo staff and sword forms. it was a great workout. we finished with some sparring, and I feel like there's SO MUCH I can do better, but I'm still improving, so that's something. I really need to work on my footwork, it's hard for me to switch directions. 

oh and we did a burgillion push-ups. I didn't do the wall pushups, but I did my best with knees and the regular pushups.

SUNDAY PLANS

I think yoga would be really helpful tomorrow. I'm going to look for a longer (40-60 minutes) and get in the whole body. my right hip-butt is sore and feels out of whack.

I also feel a little sick, possibly from the karaoke, possibly because it was a crazy week. so, am trying to get some rest, and will actually be climbing into bed shortly (rowdy sat!). 

CRAZY LIFESTYLE

So, I'm going to fly out to Seattle on Wednesday afternoon, spend Thursday there with my mom and her family, attend the memorial on Friday afternoon, and head home on Friday night late. I'm not staying very long because I want to come home to see Fourteen in his holiday show - he's in the 12PM sat. show doing the tap and jazz dancing, and in a show on sunday doing hip hop. I want to see all the dances! Things are super busy at work so this will also involve some creative work hours and early morning task management (which is fine, because I'll be on the west coast and awake when everyone else is asleep).

• Like 4

On 11/30/2017 at 11:37 PM, tei_ said:

Holy crap, that is quite a day indeed! Sorry shit can be so stressful sometimes :/ Good on you for getting the push-ups done!

On 12/1/2017 at 6:31 AM, sylph said:

That is the KJ-est of all the KJ days ever.

On 12/1/2017 at 10:31 AM, raptron said:

Omg, what a day. :|

AT LEAST IT IS PARTY TIME TONIGHT?!?!

8 hours ago, Asa Pond said:

Yikes. Just reading about that day made me tired. 

Hope you have a much less stressful weekend!

OOF thanks friends. so far things are much better than they were! 

On 12/1/2017 at 10:44 AM, RogueLibrarian said:

ohshitohshitohshit

Car stuff freaks me right out. Our second car (20 years old) just had a crisis last week. We got it fixed, but our mechanic used the phrase "pray it holds together" in his notes on the invoice. So that's the car I drive three blocks to the store and the train station from now on. I hope your prognosis is better.

I am going to enjoy hearing about how you embrace your inner drill sergeant. 

I feel like I meet the nicest people when my car breaks down. I do have a savings account for my car, so that is helpful when I am throwing money at a problem to get it taken care of quickly.

On 12/1/2017 at 12:18 PM, MikeWazowski said:

Damn, that was one day???!? That's like a week's worth of activity in my life.

On 12/1/2017 at 12:23 PM, Mad Hatter said:

That comment pretty much sums up KJ's life. :P 

On 12/1/2017 at 12:27 PM, MikeWazowski said:

KJ, I think I know why you're having trouble fitting in all the fitness-y things you want to!

Unfortunately, I don't have a solution, because all your things are either work / family important stuff or super awesome TKD stuff.

On 12/1/2017 at 12:29 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Well personally I'm convinced work involves way too much work. 

On 12/1/2017 at 12:32 PM, annyshay said:

I was going to say, Welcome to the KJ show!!!

14 hours ago, zenLara said:

so damn right

YOU MAKE ME LAUGH SO HARD, thank you friends. 

I really appreciate knowing people who think that maybe I am a little ridiculous for all the things I do but accept this part of my personality. 

and really when your life is already booked at about 105% there's just zero room for emergencies without bending the space time continuum. which I am not really sure I am doing, but somehow it works out.

12 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Also stop with the mouse stories now okay. I always thought they were kinda cute but this year I'm just scared they'll eat my babies face while she's sleeping... yes I worry about all the things now :(

oh man! I think this is a normal part of parenting (the worry) but I don't want you to worry about this particular awful and highly improbable occurrence!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, karinajean said:

and creep by radiohead

I love that song! I hope you gave everything in the "she run" moment!! :D

7 hours ago, karinajean said:

there's just zero room for emergencies without bending the space time continuum. which I am not really sure I am doing, but somehow it works out.

You're totally doing the thing. I'll ask you for some lessons when the scholar year's end approaches.

Go and kill those push-ups!

14 hours ago, karinajean said:

I sang a few songs but noteably, say it ain't so by weezer, and creep by radiohead (with opera voice at the end). as you do.

Now we need to have a karaoke NF party. Like... stat!

14 hours ago, karinajean said:

I'm going to look for a longer (40-60 minutes) and get in the whole body.

Chill and a high on the self love? Aka... not vinyasa. Also, I love the way she giggles. :) 

https://www.doyogawithme.com/content/melt-gratitude

6 hours ago, zenLara said:

I love that song! I hope you gave everything in the "she run" moment!! :D

No seriously. NF karaoke party. Now. :D

• Haha 1

Love as thou wilt.