Starting every single day

Mrs.Nomar

I don't think I'm ready to specialize in a class yet. I am still working on weight loss, but I'll settle for maintenance during the holidays.

My last challenge was generally to be more consistent with my workouts and meal planning, but I set no accountability for myself.

So, I shared with a friend (which in itself was a big step for me) who got into cross-fit, so when I got to talking with her, she recommended we try the One Punch Man workout.

So, I am pretty much continuing my last challenge:

• Plan out the week of meals on my weekends.
  • Finish part 1 of Age of Pandora (will end this Wednesday)
    • and on Dec 1st, I will be starting a modified One Punch workout with her and another friend (except I'll be biking instead of running, and I'm still on baby pushups and toe-tucked-under-couch sit ups, in sets of 10. But I know I'll own dem squats!).
  • Also, I've seen a lot of accountability journal ideas on Nerd Fitness that I will be stealing, and as a deterrent for all the Christmas treats and candies, for each instance I veer off my meal plan, I will do 1 burpee, because I hate burpees, so that cookie/cake/candy better be worth the burpees.

• Like 4

Mrs. Nomar, level 1 Dwarf. Assassin (with monkish tendencies)
STR 2|DEX 0|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2

OPM yaaaaay! Sounds like you've got a good idea of what you're trying to accomplish and how to get there. Accountability is a surprisingly big deal in terms of making or breaking your ability to succeed, so it's great to see you've got that planned out and addressed upfront. 

Best of luck with your goals and welcome to Rebel! 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Alis in Abernathy said:

Thanks! 
Yes, OPM has already become a regular part of my routine anyway, so hopefully it'll be a smooth transition :)

Hey, I didn't even realise I was temptation-bundling when I listen to podcasts as I walk!  They helped me reach Mordor, and now I'm on my way back...

Good luck with your challenge! :D 

• Like 1

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

This week has been all over the place for me. I've at least finished the pandora workout.

The meal planning didn't go so well though.
I wrote it out, without really looking at what I have.  The salad went bad, so I've been doing last-minute lunches and convenience dinners.  I really don't like cooking, but it seems like that's what I'll have to do this weekend. It's not hard, I'm just really lazy with foods.  This is gonna be a hard habit for me to break into.

• Like 1

OPM Day 1: Was kind of a bust already.

• Meal planning - nope
  • Actual workout - not really
  • Accountability - texted my friends, and one already "bought out" a quit day (for $1).
    I have not done any compensatory burpees for food inconsistencies.  Nor have I completed my accountability spreadsheet as of yet.

I forgot my lunch at home, so I ate office donuts.  
I was able to bike for 2 miles, but my set up was rinky-dink and I kept having to stop to fix the tied on make-shift headlight, and on top of that I thought it'd be nice to bring my dog along, so I also tied a plastic basket to the front with shoelace, which, thinking it over like this, probably was doomed to fail either way, but for some reason seemed brilliant at the time.  But my little ewok dog was heavier than I initially expected, and the basket was grinding on the front tire the whole way. I could have gone longer, but was too annoyed with it all, so I just turned around after about 15 minutes and headed home.  So, I got 2 miles of incremental riding in half an hour altogether.  Then that evening was the grand local Christmas parade, so I walked another 2 miles in that, accidentally assaulting 3 small children with mini-candy cane-face-shots before my coworkers told me to just walk alongside the bookmobile (I work for the library) and just wave and refill their candy bags when they run out.  Then we went out to dinner where, feeling dejected, I ordered overpriced pasta and a mini cookie pizza, which I did share with a coworker.  But it went late and I got home past my bedtime, so did not complete any of the OPM challenge, really.  
I feel like week 1 has already just gone to crap :sulkiness:

• Like 2

OPM Day 2: better!

• Meal planning - still not great
  • Actual workout - Yes! I actually did this! With baby pushups and hallf an hour of running 30 seconds, and walking 45.

87df97aebe8b974bb57bf31a77af8996.jpg Not the 10k, but it got dark and I had my little dog worth me and we have coyotes out here, so we were done for the day.

• Accountability - I created a really rudimentary spreadsheet, and uave earned 7 burpees. Did not complete them.

• Like 1

OPM Day 3: Pretty Awesome

• Meal planning - not quite, but wiyh no access to office donuts, I generally ate healthier.
  • Actual workout -yes!
    Woo, 2 in a row!! And I did my 100 pushups regular style, not on my knees! I couldn't do more than 5 at a time, but I did 5 actual pushups in a row!
    Also accidentally doubled my walk/jog. I started using a couch to 5k app, but did not plan well.
    8c145b3934619f1b5d1b0c19385fef89.jpg
    I went in one direction using the app, and when it finished, I had to turn around and cover the same distance to get back home

• Accountability - erm, no, not yet ...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alis in Abernathy said:

I went in one direction using the app, and when it finished, I had to turn around and cover the same distance to get back home

Hahaha, yeah, you have to figure out which interval will be about halfway through and turn around then to avoid that issue. But I mean... unless you're strapped for time, it's not like doubling your walk is necessarily a bad thing? 

• Like 1
On 12/4/2017 at 10:11 AM, Wobbegong said:

Hahaha, yeah, you have to figure out which interval will be about halfway through and turn around then to avoid that issue. But I mean... unless you're strapped for time, it's not like doubling your walk is necessarily a bad thing? 

On the weekends it's not a bad thing. But on workdays, best case scenario, I'll have 30 minutes of daylight before I have to leave for work, so that leaves a bit of a crunch on a typical day until after the solstice.

As such, 
OPM Day 4: Kind of a drag.

• Meal planning - I did plan out the week and cook necessary ingredients :) yay me
  • Actual workout - Sorta.  Did all 100 push ups being regular push ups! (still in sets of 5), but I didn't run.  I did walk over 2 and a half miles, but it's getting colder . . . . . Winter is coming 
    it's already like 50 degrees (F) outside :cold:
  • Accountability - I have set a calendar chart for workouts, and a tally section in my planner for missteps.
  • Like 3

OPM Day 5:

• Meal planning -  Well, planned out and brought to work, but did not have time to actually eat it, so office cookies and coffee . . .
  • Actual workout - I don't think I'll be running today. . . . or walking . . . . or anything outside. . . .

0554595.jpg.8ded927cf21ce0673de0144ee2cf646b.jpg

• Accountability - I have completed a calendar chart, and have a tally bracket in my personal planner for missteps. (2 and counting for cookies)
    • Still haven't compensated missed burpees.
  • Like 2

On 12/6/2017 at 4:51 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Following for biking and Ewok dogs.

Thanks, but I've actually nixed the biking for more Ewok friendly activities. 
But as a consolation, this is Pretzel, the mighty Ewok, wondering why on earth I'm getting my shoes on so early in the morning

snuggly.JPG.ea3c1da7850c9b2c47c5ce796b6f745e.JPG               

then later, when the sun actually comes out: getupngo.JPG.60cea61e232a68667ac31b1ca06b5afd.JPG

• Like 4

OPM Day 6: So far so good. 

• Meal planning - I actually ate the meals I prepared today :)
  • Actual workout - So far so good! The winds died down to about 18-20 mph, so I opted to walk/jog before taking Pretzel out (about half an hour before sunrise), as coyotes are less likely to see me as a little butterball turkey.  And when the sun was up, Pretzel was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and rarin' to go! So with the walk/jog and walking with Pretzel I got in 2.25 miles :)
  • Accountability - I kind of feel like I should take this section down, because nothing is happening here . . . . 
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, J3NN said:
Okay, what is this Age of Pandora thing? I went to the website and it looks kind of awesome. Tell me more please!

I really liked it. After this challenge I think I'm gonna tackle part 2.
It's basically RPG for fitness, with a post-apocalyptic theme. They have a bunch of other themes too, but I've yet to try any others. They're mostly body weight workouts, and, in the post-apocalyptic world of Pandora, there's a lot of combative moves too.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Alis in Abernathy said:

I really liked it. After this challenge I think I'm gonna tackle part 2.
It's basically RPG for fitness, with a post-apocalyptic theme. They have a bunch of other themes too, but I've yet to try any others. They're mostly body weight workouts, and, in the post-apocalyptic world of Pandora, there's a lot of combative moves too.

This seems pretty awesome. Did you do it with your friend? If so, how did that work?

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Sort of.  It was a friend of mine that found it and got me all hyped up to do it with her, and we were gonna RPG text about what our character is doing in the "game," but she never got out of the glass room (Chapter 1 challenge), so I did the program on my own, but just kept texting her my "story" anyway.

• Like 1

OPM Day 7: Sufficient

• Meal planning - mostly. I seem to work in one of those places that fatten its employees up for some harvest. This 7th day it was donut holes, and this, the 8th day, we have the ritual of the pink box.

Someone brings a pink box filled with delicious artificially fluffed and puffed treats and we go in a circle sharing our latest successes and struggles with the delighted pink box, who doesn't judge, but only offers a warm hug.

Inside your mouth.

It's staff meeting Friday, for those I have utterly confused.

Also, my husband came home last night! So I slept well, but I know we will be eating something deep fried tonight.

I'm going to try a new rule for myself. If it won't stay in an open palm of my hand, it's too much to eat.

• Actual workout - Not terrible. I did walk about a mile with the ewok dog, but even she was displeased with the wind chills and did her duty quickly then ran like a bolt of lightening back home, so I guess I did half a mile walking, half a mile gasping and running after her.

• Accountability - I don't seem to be paying attention to my charts and tallies so please reference new rule above. I will say, texting my friends about all our statuses does seem to be sufficient motivation to be consistent with the workouts so far.  And I'm going over charts and things@J3NN posted, but I dare say I think I enjoy the organizing itself a bit too much and I tend to spiral into lofty goals and fruitless plans.

We shall see.

• Like 2

OPM Day 8:  Didn't happen.  I'm now 2 days and dollars in the hole.

Problem/not problem is my husband is home (YAY!), but as a result my fitness/nutrition productivity goes down to 0.  So, super happy! But stayed up too late, so got up too late, and ate pink box donuts and cake at work, then steaks and ice creams with hubby.  I did manage to get 2 sets of body-weight work (ie, 40 push-ups, 40 squats, 40 sit ups), but zip on anything cardio.

OPM Day 9: Good start on cardio thus far, not so on foods.

• Meal planning - probably just gonna give up on this, which includes half of accountability. I knew this season would be difficult for me to keep in line food wise, but on the plus side, I'm not drinking nearly as much as usual for this time of year! [emoji4] *baby steps?
  • Actual workout - seems to be easier to motivate myself for when I get a run done in the morning, which was done, albeit in a lackluster fashion. I made it 1.7 miles today in about 20 minutes. I am thinking of just forcing a run every other day, as this seems to be what I'm doing anyhow, and maybe pulling the bike out again for ewok-less bike rides in the morning-dark.  It's getting harder and harder to schedule my outdoorsies cardio when I leave for work before the sun wakes up and don't get back until the sun is asleep.  Maybe that's why I've been so draggy as of late.  That's gonna be my excuse.

• Accountability - nuup.  (as stated above)
      • But regarding exercise consistency, the constant checking in with friends seems to help, as well as the financial deterrent.  
    So I'm just gonna be focusing on exercise consistency for the rest of this challenge.

• Like 3

It has come to my attention that it may be noticed if I drop this thread completely, so I will try to stay as on point with this as I can.

OPM Day 10: No Running because hubby was home for the weekend!! And it's so much easier to convince myself to sleep in and snuggle when he's so warm and snuggly, but I did do my 100s, and I've added in leg raises and calf raises, simply so I can do my push ups 5 reps at a time and still keep track. (ie, I'm doin 5 push ups, 20 sit ups, 5 push ups, 20 squats, 5 push ups, 20 leg raises, 5 push ups, 20 calf raises; x5). I thought about trying to add in pull ups because I really want to get better with upper body, because I feel like having 0 arm strength is holding me back from a lot of other workouts for back and core, and because it would be kind of awesome to do stuff like this.

OPM Day 11:  Was kinda doin a pity party day because hubby had to go back on the road, so of course, when you have to wake up early, you can't get to sleep on time, even if it's the exact same time you always go to sleep. So he was tossin and turnin so I was tossin and turnin and come 4 am, he had to get up so I got up and saw him off, then went back to bed until 11, which put me in a shlumpy mood for the rest of the day, which is normal for the day he leaves.  So, chalk it up to a rest day??

But I did find this when doing some yard-clearing.  It looks workout equipment related. Anyone know if this is salvageable?

OPM Day 12: Was uneventful because I had a massive migraine. I was actually sent home after 2 1/2 hours because I threw up in the bathroom :cower: 
I got home and even had a snuggly-bity-ewok-pillow sleep on my head until I felt better.  She got extra treats this day.
And I suppose eating went better than it should have, because the unhealthy breakfast I scarfed down that morning didn't stay down, and when I felt better I just wanted soup, then had cereal for dessert.

OPM Day 13:  Was initially gonna skip the walk/jog again, but I decided to let Pretzel set pace for this morning because my jog/walk schedule doesn't agree with her delicate schedule.

Screenshot_20171213-081203.jpg.0707ff429e31b411839264c1ad676a6c.jpg

Not quite sure how that pace works, but it was a bit more erratic than the c2 5k app;

more dash-to-catch-that-rabbit-she-just-saw, to sudden-stop-because-she-lost-the-rabbit, 20171115_071926.jpg.f9a316eedfe129500a580c7e40ed726a.jpg

to steady-trot, stop-to-sniff, 20171114_073050.jpg.f1cc0feafbf95c8ce494a71a84028ab2.jpg

then charge-because-she-must-challenge-large-dog-that-can-swallow-her-whole

(which I could not stop to take a picture of, as I had to pick her up to speed walk away from big-dog's territory).
But I like showing off this creature that I live with, so I think I will use her as an emoji as often as I can.                                                                                            Resized_20170918_070832.jpeg.3e465613733b4f4396b27a3728fbfb29.jpeg

Also may be worth mentioning, I have been wondering about where I want to gear my focus during this coming year.  I'm debating going back to my "home base," (which is youtubing hiitlates videos to do at home) or if I should conform to a guild for a follow-able routine.  
But then this old, very sweet, retiree donated these this morning: 

20171213_102920.thumb.jpg.56b668aa20f708981543e5b040cded8c.jpg

Now I should also mention that there are a lot of retirees where I live and work, because it's dirt cheap, probably because there's nothing out here.  First off, I want to have lunch with this guy, because he does not look like a stereotypical gym-bro kinda guy that I see in my head pumping iron in gyms . . . but I also have never actually been to a gym outside of the one at my college, but I mostly went swimming with a friend because I was trying to get her to cook for me (which totally worked!!). Anyway, I don't wanna say I believe in fate, but that is quite a coincidence . . . maybe I should look more into what power lifting has to offer ??
Still need to a lot of upper body prep either way methinks.

But if nothing else, I can add it to my "underpants collection."

• Like 1