Starting every single day

Mrs.Nomar

15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Are you in Arizona?

Don’t try to conform to a guild. Do what you want to do and find a guild that you gel with socially. The books are an interesting find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in Arizona, about 3 hours from the grand canyon, so there is prime hiking all over, weather and season permitting.

I do enjoy the non-conformist attitude, but I'm conflicted because I also do well with structure, so I'm trying to figure that out too. But I do seem to be stalking following a lot of Rangers as of late . . . 

• Like 1

Mrs. Nomar, level 1 Dwarf. Assassin (with monkish tendencies)
STR 2|DEX 0|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2

OPM Day 14 (Thursday):  I ran for half an hour, intermittently, as my dog saw fit.  But we made it 1 & 3 quarter miles.

Problem is it's just staying dark too soon, and I just don't feel like I'm getting enough cardio.  Which is weird for me to say because I usually avoid cardios at all cost, which explain the health problems that led me here.  
Anyway, I did a supplementary youtube exercise to get some movement in the morning.  Nothing fancy, just some active yoga.  I figure I'll work my way up to the harder stuff.

Did my 100s in the evening.  
Did better with eating, but still had Birthday cake for lunch.  There are just so many damn birthdays 9-10 months after February for some reason . . . .

OPM Day 15: has also been good so far.  I started with yoga to feel like I'm moving, and even did 1 set of 20 reps toward my 100s :)

Then had a total of 10 minutes of twilight light enough to take out the lil ewok, realize I didn't have enough time for her to do her duty, rush her back in and have her do her angry growl at teasing her with morning adventures, at which I laughed for a full minute because it's darling that she thinks she can intimidate anybody with her tiny little growl, left in a rush and arrived to work 2 minutes late, but I wasn't the last person, so officially, he was the late one ;)  So I ate leftover break-room-cake.

And there's another coworker's birthday this weekend, whose mom usually makes something absolutely AMAZING!
But my goal is just to stabilize during the holidays. So long as I don't gain major weight and stay consistent with some kind of exercise, I'm on track. 

Then I'll ride the wave of naïve hope and ambition of New Year's Resolutions until February hits, then I think I'll work on headspace type stuffs. 

IllegalEssentialItalianbrownbear-max-1mb

• Like 1

OPM Day 16: relatively successful
I got some indoor cardio in and did my 100s that evening.
I got really excited for a second because I did 10 push ups in a row, doubling my previous achievement, then i realized it was because I got lazy with form and had so be bat wings poppin out. When I pulled my elbows in and my shoulders back, it was back to 5 max.

OPM Day 17: was my day off so I took the ewok on an hour quest that took us 2.88 miles :)
Then I stayed outside in 20 mph winds, dust blowing in my eyes and nose and throat, for 2 & 1/2 hours, nailing chicken wire to some standing pallets around my poor little lime tree that was ravaged by damned fluffy-assed, bastard rabbits, probably.
I officially hate those U shaped pin things, I'm congested to all hell and my right arm and hip are sore af, so no hundreds today. But Leonidas (lime tree) is safe from those goat- path- sneaking rabbits now, and my ewok is snug as a bug on my sore hip, so, all's well that ends well I suppose.

• Like 1

Simply this week started sour, but I'm evening it out.

Opm 18 didn't happen because sinus issues incurred from Opm 17 were really bad (like wanna drill my eyes out to relieve the pressure bad)

Opm 19: actually did my 100s at work on lunch break, all 5 sets back to back in a bit of a rage session because *long story to follow*

Spoiler

So the story here is more out of frustration. I hate dealing with things that I can't research on my own, such as hvac issues, because there is no way to tell if I'm being taken for a ride. 

My AC died late this last summer, and really, should be replaced. A coworker recommended a guy that fixes her heater all the time.

It took 3 months to iron everything out as to what were replacing it with, and somewhere along the line it was decided we'd convert our has heating to electric. Ultimately, I think this was more about my husband being gone so much and not able to take care of this kind of thing, so I already feel devalued by this hvac guy telling me what I should do, and him telling me that I should call my husband and get back to him in this stupid game of phone tag, but he's not wrong, because I don't know what I'm doing here.

Anyway, finally pat down a time Hubby can talk to hvac guy himself, they decided the conversion (granted, for a great price), and hvac guy was talking with me about when he and his guys can come out to do the work. He mentions Thursday or Friday, I say "Friday would be perfect for me if it works for you. I happen to have that day off to offset the holiday."

He says they prefer no one is home when they're there working [which would include going in and out of my house].

I say "weell" then hvac says if I'm not comfortable letting him and his guys going in and out of my house when I'm not home (Because that's not normal??) then maybe I should find someone else to do this work (which would be at least double the price he's discussed with my husband).

I'm thinking of all the hassle this has already been and all I have to start over with and what exactly does he need me completely out of my house for? And my imagination gets a little crazy thinking of what he was planning to do that requires anyone who lives in the house to be absent for 8-10 hours??

But I thank him for the information and wish and proceed to fume for the rest of my lunch break, deciding to expend some of this energy with exhausting upper body exertion, and just continued it into my OPM routine. If I had the time and shoes, I may have been up for a run as well after that.

Tl;dr:

I needed to exert anger-nergy(?) before returning to interact with the public.
Which itself showed me that while I have come a long way with my anger management issues, I still have a lot to trudge through to find patience with people and maintain my own calm.
So maybe I'll see if I can work that headspace stuff into January's challenge.

OPM 20: skipped today, don't remember the justification for this
OPM 21: no cardio, did my 100s. And slept poorly from excitement waiting for the Mr to come home for Christmas! But poor dear has a cold, so today
OPM 22:
Was gonna take ewok put for a brisk jog, but Mr. wanted to stay in bed and snuggle for a bit longer before he started laundry and running errands around town. This is him "taking it easy." I feel like I recently had this conversation.

So no cardio yet, but I did complete my OPM 100s 

On 11/27/2017 at 11:01 PM, Alis in Abernathy said:

Also, I've seen a lot of accountability journal ideas on Nerd Fitness that I will be stealing, and as a deterrent for all the Christmas treats and candies, for each instance I veer off my meal plan, I will do 1 burpee, because I hate burpees, so that cookie/cake/candy better be worth the burpees.

This is great. (Though I'm one of those weird people who doesn't hate burpees.)

On 12/13/2017 at 4:31 PM, Alis in Abernathy said:

But I did find this when doing some yard-clearing.  It looks workout equipment related. Anyone know if this is salvageable?

It looks like it might be a bench for bench presses. It might be salvageable if the rust hasn't gotten it too bad, but you can't really tell that from a picture.

On 12/14/2017 at 12:00 AM, Alis in Abernathy said:

I do enjoy the non-conformist attitude, but I'm conflicted because I also do well with structure, so I'm trying to figure that out too. But I do seem to be stalking following a lot of Rangers as of late . . . 

"Conforming" to the Rangers basically means do all the things. But really, conformity is overrated. :P

17 hours ago, Alis in Abernathy said:

Opm 19: actually did my 100s at work on lunch break, all 5 sets back to back in a bit of a rage session because *long story to follow*

I'd be pissed off too. What's the big deal with letting someone stay in their own home when work is being done to their home? Even if it was normal to not have the owner home, it's pretty rude to be like "we'll do it the way I like, or I won't do it at all"... Preferring me to not be there isn't a legitimate reason in my book. (Personally, I'd rather have a good relationship with my repair person and have someone I know I can depend on for years, even if I have to pay a bit more. BUT, you should sit down with your husband and weigh the pros and cons together.)

All that aside, you're doing pretty good with your challenge. Keep it up! :)

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!