Pollyanna Past Due

PollyannaAgain

I'm back for one more challenge this year, fresh off a two week vacation. Sadly, a single day back at work feels like it undid all my relaxing, so I guess I should do something about it. Here we go:

1. Follow plan in Mindfulness book. Note whatever you do in journal.

2. Finish notes on previous dog classes before December 1st. Done!

3. Check in on new dog classes daily.

4. Do something you enjoy every day.

Bonus Points:

Dog training--2min/day/dog

Stop hitting snooze by the end of the month (at two three right now)

Detail resolutions

I don't know if I'm doing points this challenge or not. Not doing rewards since everything I can think of is related to money and spending money isn't very rewarding or practical right now...

• Like 4

Battle Log: PollyannaAgain's Log

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. ~Helen Keller

Problems are not the problem; coping is the problem. ~Virginia Satir

Guys! My very hungry self just came out of the grocery store with berries and mouthwash (what I went in for) and a new planner (unplanned, ironically), BUT WITHOUT ANY CHOCOLATE! Woohoo!

Also, opinions please--I need to purchase an exam, but I also need to film my dog re-doing the first two levels of titles before I can submit my exam. You can order the exam before you have the titles b/c it's a study package too. But I'm dragging my feet on filming b/c Little Black Dog is hard to pick up on camera! She's just a black blob! I had to kidnap every moveable light in the house to get her to even be recognizable as a dog last time I tried filming. So here's the actual question(s):

Would ordering the exam stuff encourage me to get the filming over with and should I do it? Or should I badger myself until I finally film (a technique going on three months but not working so far)?

• Like 4

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. ~Helen Keller

57 minutes ago, PollyannaAgain said:

Would ordering the exam stuff encourage me to get the filming over with and should I do it? Or should I badger myself until I finally film (a technique going on three months but not working so far)?

I would say order the exam stuff. It sounds like your badgering technique isn't working, and if the exam comes with a deadline, so much the better.

Also maybe ask around and see if you have a friend with one of those car windshield sunlight reflector screens (you know the big metallic screens people put on their windshields) that you could borrow to diffuse the light and brighten up the space more efficiently when you're filming. 

• Like 4
On 11/30/2017 at 1:13 PM, Wobbegong said:

Also maybe ask around and see if you have a friend with one of those car windshield sunlight reflector screens (you know the big metallic screens people put on their windshields) that you could borrow to diffuse the light and brighten up the space more efficiently when you're filming. 

That's a good idea! Thank you!

I managed to get all my notes done for my previous dog classes and am keeping up well with the current ones. They feel very slow to start this time, so that might be helping me somewhat!

I did get very...discouraged last week because Lady Time came back suddenly. It's been going continuously since July, with a day or two here and there. I got my hopes up when it vanished for a week and a half near the end of my vacation. I went to the Lady Doc while I was on vacation and wound up getting an ultrasound. She keeps reassuring me that it's not cancer. I'm still afraid it is somehow.

But it could also be stress-related. I'm very unhappy where I am in my life right now, both at work and in general. That's the main reason I started working on the mindfulness stuff and trying to do stuff I actually enjoy. I've been tired for so long that almost all of my hobbies have fallen by the wayside, even reading for fun. I'm still struggling to pick those back up, but I'm starting to have a little more energy, especially since I started journaling each evening.

Oh, I also completely randomly had a nice thought the other day. I think it was nice anyway. I was really depressed after accidentally seeing myself in the mirror (yes, also something I need to work on), and the thought that one day, my new stretchmarks would be just a mark of another tough time that I lived through just popped into my head. I have other stretchmarks on my hips from a drastic growth spurt related to my scoliosis, and I think my brain tripped on those when it was listing my faults and had it's little Aha! moment. Having the thought has been quite encouraging and even made me think that maybe I might get back to a healthy weight again someday, despite nothing going well right now.

We're getting our first "major" snow here today. I hope you all are doing well!

• Like 4

Ta-da! Last day! I did really good checking in on my training classes, and I worked harder at doing stuff I enjoyed. I read most of the Mindfulness book, but didn't actually make any effort to do the mindfulness stuff. I should have worked harder at that...

I've been sick all week with a sinus infection that was so bad at the beginning, I thought it was the flu. It's the first sinus infection I've had in two years, which suggests I really need to take better care of myself. So I think my next challenge will be more mind and self-care focused. And dog training, of course.

I'm really excited for the next term in my dog classes. There's a gun dog class, and my dad is dying for a gun dog...I'm hoping we can train the puppies to work well for him. I don't think we can handle another a dog. Dad called about one the other day. He really wants one that's just his too, though. The puppies love him, but as soon as my sister or I get home, they don't pay him much attention. I've tried to get him to do more with them, but you know. Anyway, he said he'd do the class with me so I'm excited for us to do something together again too. :-)

Merry Christmas and Happy Any Other Holiday you celebrate!

• Like 3

How did I never actually follow this post? I am so sorry. I was reading it but apparently never officially followed.

I hope you start to feel better. Trying to do the holidays with a sinus infection is horrid. I Know it makes everything just a bit harder.

I think its great you are going to do a class with your dad. Maybe its just a matter of finding a dog your dad likes so he wants to spend time with it. If he is training it, it may help them bond with each other. I think the puppies knows who has the treats for training.

Happy holidays to you and yours. Look forward to seeing you next challenge.

• Like 1

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

On 12/23/2017 at 2:12 PM, PollyannaAgain said:

I read most of the Mindfulness book, but didn't actually make any effort to do the mindfulness stuff. I should have worked harder at that...

That's what usually ends up happening to me whenever I get mindfulness "homework".

Doing the mindfulness stuff could be a good goal for the next challenge.

Good job with your goals. :)

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!