Jump to content

Zeroh: Prologue to a New Chapter


zeroh13

Recommended Posts

That makes sense.

 

I tend to assume that people around me see "weird" as a negative. I have the same definitions/connotations as you do - weird can be good, bad, or strange. Or just weird. :)

  • Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

Link to post

I really do need to get better at updating....

 

It's starting to be winter here. Cold. And the first snow was this past weekend. My boots are in the trash. They didn't survive the snow. So now it's sneakers and carry an extra pair of shoes in case they get wet.

 

Challenge-wise, it's going okay. My hands are a bit better. Staying hydrated has been pretty rocky. Haven't done much going through stuff. But I did toss out my boots. And my holiday list of gifts to choose from has mostly practical things. New boots, wool socks, thermal gloves, an insulated bottle. And then an Etsy gift card. There's some artwork and frames I have my eyes on. 

 

I have a ton of work to get done before Friday. Yesterday I cleaned the kitchen sink and toilet. And that took all of my cleaning energy for the day, but they look practically brand new now.

 

I've delivered the two orders I got. Now I need to work on getting more orders. And look into craft shows again.

 

Hopefully after this weekend things will settle down a bit.

  • Like 3

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post

I'm still doing okay with taking care of my skin. Staying hydrated has been not so okay. My stuff has been moved out of the bedroom, so now there's piles of stuff in the living room. I just really need to go through it all.

 

My wife's partner has been here since Saturday. She was supposed to get in on Friday, but her first plane was delayed, so she missed her second plane, and the next plane they put her on was cancelled, and then the next plane wasn't till noon the next day. So a lot of frustration there. I've barely had any interaction with her, which just makes things awkward. But at the same time it's still draining. I went to group therapy last night mostly to get out of the apartment for a few hours after spending most of the day playing around with numbers (more specifically, redoing my pricing).

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post
1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

I'm still doing okay with taking care of my skin.

 

I'm impressed! I've been slacking on this, and my hands are becoming very dry and are starting to turn blushing red and having all sorts of tiny little micro-cracks in the skin. So yesterday I invested in a coconut oil based face and body cream that is super-heavy and should help a lot with healing and hydration. I used it for the first time last night before bed and can already tell the difference.

 

This one, if you are interested. I purchased it at my local Co-Op. See how the description says it is "A light, non-greasy cream that soaks into the skin fast" ?They define light and non-greasy very differently from how I define those words... it's either that or the super-tiny amount I used was still way too much. But it helps. It heals. It is totally worth it. :) 

  • Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

Link to post
47 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

 

I'm impressed! I've been slacking on this, and my hands are becoming very dry and are starting to turn blushing red and having all sorts of tiny little micro-cracks in the skin. So yesterday I invested in a coconut oil based face and body cream that is super-heavy and should help a lot with healing and hydration. I used it for the first time last night before bed and can already tell the difference.

 

This one, if you are interested. I purchased it at my local Co-Op. See how the description says it is "A light, non-greasy cream that soaks into the skin fast" ?They define light and non-greasy very differently from how I define those words... it's either that or the super-tiny amount I used was still way too much. But it helps. It heals. It is totally worth it. :) 

I still have a few sensitive red spots and spots of cracked skin. And it will take awhile for those to heal up (and gets much worse if I neglect my skin for a day).

 

I bookmarked the cream (thanks for that), but I still have some cream I bought a couple years ago that I need to use up before I buy any more. I think I need to start using that before I go outside. Or some of the hand balm I have (which I mostly use as lip balm now). 

  • Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post

-hug- sorry I don't have anything meaningful to contribute. But I'm listening and here to give out hugs and support.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

 

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

 

Link to post
On 12/20/2017 at 12:51 AM, Siferiax said:

-hug- sorry I don't have anything meaningful to contribute. But I'm listening and here to give out hugs and support.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
 

 

This is kinda where I am. Support is being given.

  • Like 1

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to post

The solstice was earlier today, which means our winter celebration festivities started at sunset. Which also means I spent the entire time between when I got home and went to bed yesterday wrapping the small gifts up. Which I had also bought yesterday. The small gifts are pretty much always candy that I divide up for everyone. (I posted this in the mini, but we each open a gift a day between now and New Years Day.)

 

Normally it's just for my wife and I, but this year I made some for her partner too. She was surprised and grateful. But it would have been rude not to include her, so I have a little trouble understanding why it's a big deal. (Though my guess would be, from what little I know about her, that she's not used to people being nice to her without wanting something in return. :()  (And for anyone who's counting, that's 36 bags I had to make with wrapping paper and tape. Each bag has 2 pieces of candy.)

 

I have way more days off than I'd like over the next couple of weeks, but that does give me more time for sorting through tons of stuff. And possibly hanging stuff up.

 

And it's time to record my weight and measurements, but I kind of want to and I kind of don't want to. I'm paranoid that it's going to say I gained back the weight I lost last month (and then some). I'm pretty sure it's not going to say that I lost weight. I really should start exercising again, but I really should start eating properly first so I don't end up passing out.

 

I also need to start thinking about my next challenge...

  • Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post

I understand the weighing in and measuring thing. You need to find what works for you and what doesn't affect your overall mood too much. I Know I can't weigh in more than once a week or it sets my mood for the day. But I think the eating is the main thing you need to work on, because passing out is bad. I have to watch that the next few weeks since I am off routine and I don't remember my "small meals/snacks" during the day.

*hugs* on the anxiety. This I understand. Too bad there is not just an offswitch for it.

  • Like 1

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to post



The solstice was earlier today, which means our winter celebration festivities started at sunset. Which also means I spent the entire time between when I got home and went to bed yesterday wrapping the small gifts up. Which I had also bought yesterday. The small gifts are pretty much always candy that I divide up for everyone. (I posted this in the mini, but we each open a gift a day between now and New Years Day.)
 
Normally it's just for my wife and I, but this year I made some for her partner too. She was surprised and grateful. But it would have been rude not to include her, so I have a little trouble understanding why it's a big deal. (Though my guess would be, from what little I know about her, that she's not used to people being nice to her without wanting something in return. [emoji20])  (And for anyone who's counting, that's 36 bags I had to make with wrapping paper and tape. Each bag has 2 pieces of candy.)
 
I have way more days off than I'd like over the next couple of weeks, but that does give me more time for sorting through tons of stuff. And possibly hanging stuff up.
 
And it's time to record my weight and measurements, but I kind of want to and I kind of don't want to. I'm paranoid that it's going to say I gained back the weight I lost last month (and then some). I'm pretty sure it's not going to say that I lost weight. I really should start exercising again, but I really should start eating properly first so I don't end up passing out.
 
I also need to start thinking about my next challenge...


Yay!! Happy winter solstice (do you have a name for the festivities?)!!!
I love the holidays that don't concentrate on one day only but they last longer (for my religion both Christmas and Easter last for longer than the single day, but there is one that is more important) as they lower the pressure on getting things right, be happy etc. in the specific moment.

Hugs for the anxiety :( hope it did pass.
  • Like 1

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Link to post
9 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I understand the weighing in and measuring thing. You need to find what works for you and what doesn't affect your overall mood too much. I Know I can't weigh in more than once a week or it sets my mood for the day. But I think the eating is the main thing you need to work on, because passing out is bad. I have to watch that the next few weeks since I am off routine and I don't remember my "small meals/snacks" during the day.

*hugs* on the anxiety. This I understand. Too bad there is not just an offswitch for it.

I know that once a month (usually) works for me, before the beginning of a challenge. I'm just stuck in this headspace where I just see fat, no matter what the scale & measurements say. And whatever the scale says leads to the same outcome. And not checking starts messing with my head. So, I don't know how to win right now.

 

5 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Yay!! Happy winter solstice (do you have a name for the festivities?)!!!

I love the holidays that don't concentrate on one day only but they last longer (for my religion both Christmas and Easter last for longer than the single day, but there is one that is more important) as they lower the pressure on getting things right, be happy etc. in the specific moment.

Hugs for the anxiety :( hope it did pass.

 

I normally default to calling it Yule. But it's one of those things where everyone gives it a different meaning and celebrates it in a different way. So it's not all that informative of a name.

 

The anxiety did pass, eventually. It was one of those get anxious about one thing, which leads to anxiety over something else, and repeat (and add a panic attack in there somewhere). 

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post
21 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

The anxiety did pass, eventually. It was one of those get anxious about one thing, which leads to anxiety over something else, and repeat (and add a panic attack in there somewhere). 

 

That sounds horribly suckish. I'm glad it passed, you don't need that kind of stress on top of everything else you're dealing with. 

  • Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

Link to post
12 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I know that once a month (usually) works for me, before the beginning of a challenge. I'm just stuck in this headspace where I just see fat, no matter what the scale & measurements say. And whatever the scale says leads to the same outcome. And not checking starts messing with my head. So, I don't know how to win right now.

 

This I understand. I don't have an answer since I see the scale and I go "why are you so damn high" when I know it  might better than it was.  Its even worse when I see pictures because in my head, I am smaller than the pictures show, which makes it worse. Its not motivation but rather it convinces me its never going to change. Good luck getting started and know I am rooting for you.

 

12 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I normally default to calling it Yule. But it's one of those things where everyone gives it a different meaning and celebrates it in a different way. So it's not all that informative of a name.

 

Happy Yule. I remember you and your wife celebrate a bit every day until the 1st. Hopefully you are having a good holiday.

 

12 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

The anxiety did pass, eventually. It was one of those get anxious about one thing, which leads to anxiety over something else, and repeat (and add a panic attack in there somewhere). 

*hugs*

  • Like 1

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Link to post

Challenge Recap

 

Grade: so-so

 

It felt like this challenge went by super fast, and I think that was a combination of busy life and not thinking much about the challenge. I made some improvement with my goals, but not much.

 

I need to work on my tracking. And creating time to work on my goals. I also need to work on focus, discipline, and motivation (in order of importance).

 

I'm working on a 2018 plan/map. I have a good feeling about the way I want to approach things. But I need to take these ideas I have floating around and put it into something other people can understand. Figuring out concrete, actionable steps is also a must.

 

Once I'm done with all of that, I'll move into the next challenge.

  • Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines