Red1263 learns to Enjoy it

Red1263

No story this time. This is just for me. 

For the past few challenges, I would push myself to do something, and I would simply let it slide and fail at doing them due to Life/Excuses. Then at work, someone said something that resonated with me. "You're so boring, being so serious all of the time." And quite honestly, she was right. I had forgotten how to have fun in life and in NF and Rule #32 in Zombieland "Enjoy the little things." So I'm not going to hold my exercising in such a high priority that if I slip my entire progress is ruined. I'm simply going to move and train and push only when it feels right. And I'm going to (re-)learn how to enjoy my progress, and not worry to the point where as it was pointed out to me, I become so serious all of the time. 

My routine will still be the same. Push-ups, Planks, Side-to-side Lunges, Regular Lunges, BW Squats, and shadowboxing. But the goal this time is simply to Enjoy it. 

• Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

So today I was able to compete one workout routine. It was only one because right when i was finishing my forward lunges and going to start my side to side lunges I got hit with a wave of dizziness. So I had to sit down for a few minutes. 

Also one thing that I enjoy but haven't done in some time is look up new information. So I decided to start with something that I'm going endeavor in: bioengineering. I started with people who have robotic limbs that they can control using some feedback using the remaining nerves and muscles and found a many extraordinary things. This is a quick gathering of things as a start so I'm going to spend some time diving into each pathway and see what's up.

One last thing is that I used to keep an online journal that I would write my thoughts in. I have fired that up as well. It felt good to see my thoughts and words back on something tangible.

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

On 11/29/2017 at 10:09 AM, Red1263 said:

And I'm going to (re-)learn how to enjoy my progress, and not worry to the point where as it was pointed out to me, I become so serious all of the time. 

Have fun! :) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Have fun! :) 

Exactly! 

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

So yesterday I find myself with 15 minutes to exercise before I had to start getting ready, so all I did was pure shadowboxing. I threw every combo and technique I knew and ended it with a 5 minute mediation to help calm myself down. It felt good, making sure my wrists were locked and keeping my form as perfect as possible, I even kept glancing at the wrist weights thinking, "i can go harder than this," but I refrained this time.

• Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 11/28/2017 at 8:09 PM, Red1263 said:

But the goal this time is simply to Enjoy it.

How's enjoyment coming along, Red-Brother? Glad to see ya challenging still!

On 12/3/2017 at 8:52 AM, Red1263 said:

I even kept glancing at the wrist weights thinking, "i can go harder than this," but I refrained this time.

I know this feeling all to well recently. I have been refraining from "going harder" on climbing and it's just weird. I'm not used to refraining myself.

Keep it up, brother! How have you been the last week or so?

Wolf

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

So let me do a quick recap seeing as to how my progress was a bit jumbled. 

I had 3 days where I pushed myself in my shadowboxing. 

First day: I had a little under an hour where I just keep swinging the entire time. It felt good. I did everything I knew, from the punch combos to counters to knees and teap kicks, I even threw in some combinations made up on the spot. 

Second day: I had roughly 45 minutes. So I decided to do three rounds. I honestly didn't keep track of how long each round was but it went as follows

● first round: general shadowboxing: punch and elbow combos, with a focus on form and wrist locking

● second round: mainly punch combos with arm weights

● third round: mainly kicks, knees, and step 1-2 punch exercises with leg weights 

Third day: I had 15 minutes before getting ready for work, so I decided to see how long I can keep up a singular combo. Turns out, it wasn't very long seeing as to how I try to move around my room and crash into something like my dresser or bed ^_^;; whoops. So I simply went to punch and elbow combos for the remainder of the time.

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Great job at getting the boxing in and beating up the dresser;)

Well, it was more like the... other way... around... :ambivalence:

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Well, it was more like the... other way... around... :ambivalence:

Ok, maybe the dresser won this one, you'll get him the next round. Don't give up.;)

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 12/13/2017 at 10:25 PM, Elastigirl said:

Ok, maybe the dresser won this one, you'll get him the next round. Don't give up.;)

Soon, I'll have a working out montage like in Rocky III. I'll climb to the top of some random mountain, and yell out, "DRESSER!!!!"

So this isn't exactly related to fitness, but it does put a smile on my face. I am officially going back to school! After a leave of absence, I've paid off the balance I owed (~$7,000) by myself, and now I'm finalizing on clearing the last few holds and hoops that stop me from going back, but make no mistake! I'm definitely going back and nothing is going to stop me from finishing my Master's Degree!

• Like 4

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Grats on the school return! May I ask what your degree is in? It is easy to get caught up in the goals and srs bsns of working out, glad you were able to rediscover the fun side. How are the holidays treating you? Any progress in beating up the dresser? :) 

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

On 12/21/2017 at 5:56 AM, Manarelle said:

Grats on the school return! May I ask what your degree is in? It is easy to get caught up in the goals and srs bsns of working out, glad you were able to rediscover the fun side. How are the holidays treating you? Any progress in beating up the dresser? :) 

I'll be getting my Master's in Orthotics and Prosthetics. The holidays are great! Lots of food (both good and bad :P) and I'm feeling great! I've always loved the Christmas season! That dresser hasn't heard the last of me! *Shakes fist in the air*

On 12/26/2017 at 8:17 AM, Teros said:

same

image.jpeg

Nice! 

200.gif

So it's the end of the year, and I'm still making progress as to learning (or rather remembering) how fun training and exercising is. Today, I did a full routine:

• Pull-ups - 5, 2
  • Chin-ups - 7, 2
  • Weighted Lunges - 15, 11, 15, 7
  • Push-ups - 15, 15, 11
  • Leg Raises - 11, 11, 9
  • Prone Cobra - 56 sec, 1 min, 56 sec

The routine I got from this website http://www.bodyweightmuscle.com/ I heard about the guy who made this on a podcast, and I have been inspired by his journey (dude has a prosthetic leg to boot). The routine is as follows: In each set, aim for 15 max reps, rest for 1 min between each set, and rest for 2 mins between each exercise. The weight for my lunges was all of my leg and ankle weights and my biology book in my backpack (I think that adds up to 20 lbs) I wrecked myself but it felt good, save for the part where I almost threw up, but I finished the whole routine. I'm happy that I did, especially since I haven't done an actual routine like this in some time. I feel exhausted, but good.

Oh, one last thing. When school starts, I'll also be working part time. So while my work schedule will be pretty much routine (finally!) Unfortunately, that means that I'll have even less time to dedicate to exercising! So in the first few days of the new year, I'll be trying to find little gaps of time here and there for getting in some exercising/shadowboxing. So that's just going to make it a bit more difficult to enjoy it more, as I'm trying not to see exercising as a chore, but as a way to relieve stress or have fun. But I'm definitely looking forward to the new year!

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler