20th Day Walking Challenge (Dec 5 - Jan 13)

18 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Define "messing up", please?

We're from multiple countries here and use different date formats. Since we are all tracking for our own benefit and not others, format doesn't really matter. If the mess-up is impacting functionality, I will need to do something about it.

I cannot see the year for some reason. Not a huge deal, just kind of strange. I am American, and use the sloppy US date system, so that could be it.

More importantly, I walked twice yesterday! So on Sunday, (my first challenge day) I asked my dad to walk with me. We walked for about 12-15 minutes, had a blast like always, and went about our evening. Yesterday, I went for a walk at work. My office has a lovely walking trail around a lake behind the building. Then, when I got home, dad bursts into my room exclaiming "Let's go for a walk!"

So I walked twice. Then he made baked yam fries, but that's another story.

• Like 2

Truth, justice, &...TIGHTS!

The day isn't ended yet, but I'm afraid I'm going to skip today. I am exhausted of sitting on a chair.
Why this country breaks all my good habits?!?
Can't I be back home soon? (answer: nope, you chose to be back the 8th of January, you'll have to live with it)
Today I have been soo lazy: 250steps, didn't even left my parents' house...

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

I've been so close to crapping out on the challenge and my goals. I haven't met all my goals, especially cigarettes but accountability to this group has really helped. Funny that years ago I wouldn't have interacted or thought this likely to help. I hope you can find it more motivating in the future. Thanks everyone for being here.

Today I got some additional private yoga instruction and was sore and tired. On the way home I needed rice. Doubting my resolve to go for walk at home I walked perimeter of store for 10 minutes before shopping. I like this strategy as on good days I get in an extra walk.

• Like 2
I've been so close to crapping out on the challenge and my goals. I haven't met all my goals, especially cigarettes but accountability to this group has really helped. Funny that years ago I wouldn't have interacted or thought this likely to help. I hope you can find it more motivating in the future. Thanks everyone for being here.
Today I got some additional private yoga instruction and was sore and tired. On the way home I needed rice. Doubting my resolve to go for walk at home I walked perimeter of store for 10 minutes before shopping. I like this strategy as on good days I get in an extra walk.
I love that :) I often did walk 'following the green man' allowing traffic lights to decide for me where should I turn. Yeah, it brings unto different places and often you walk more than planned.
Well done@Telethot!

3 hours ago, Telethot said:

That absolutely counts. You get extra points for a creative approach too.

If you don't meet all your goals, that's not a problem or disaster. That just means you refocus and you keep trying. You've got this. We believe in you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

Finally was able to count up and update my cell.

Gonna be in trouble in a couple more walks as I'll have to start using toes to keep track...don't even get me started on regrouping

Question: Does anyone else wear "barefoot" shoes (e.g. merrell vapor glove) when walking? I noticed the other night that walking in the winter...in these shoes...while comfortable, leads to numb feet. Any thoughts?

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

Finally was able to count up and update my cell.

Gonna be in trouble in a couple more walks as I'll have to start using toes to keep track...don't even get me started on regrouping

Question: Does anyone else wear "barefoot" shoes (e.g. merrell vapor glove) when walking? I noticed the other night that walking in the winter...in these shoes...while comfortable, leads to numb feet. Any thoughts?
To me all shoes in winter gives me numb feet if it is cold enough (below 0). I am so struggling now! I have skipped 4 days :(

1 minute ago, arcelas said:

pretend you are a secret abgent following an asset. Or an assassin following a target.

I forsee the "walk" turning to cardio when you're running from security

giphy.gif

I forsee the "walk" turning to cardio when you're running from security

giphy.gif
Love that suggestion :) I sometimes do that in airports and no security run after me, yet!
But no bus brings to the mall and getting the car means 3 days discussing why I need it.
I miss home, where the mall closes at 6, but you can walk the streets at night!

Very busy and goal sabotaging past four days... but I did get my walks in every day even including crazy Sunday, which makes me happy. :) 

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

For some reason, walking just did not happen yesterday.

It was a bit of a crazy day (we broke up with our old cell phone provider and joined a different one, which takes hours), and between that and trying to get into the gym, wrapping gifts, et cetera, it was past 10:00 PM by the time I realized that walking the dog just had not happened. She was miserable and convinced no one loved her, but it was late, and I was exhausted, so... tried to demonstrate love by offering cheese instead. Not sure if she believed me.

We took a walk today after I finished shoveling the driveway, and the Snow Loving Sidekick is happy again.

Heavy snow fall just started. Way to appreciate all my hard work, nature!

The stupid holiday is almost over though... and the walking continues!

I almost stayed inside this morning, but I don't want to miss more days.

@Diadhuit @farflight @Telethot @arcelas

I hope everyone is still doing their walking, whether you are tracking here or not. :) 

I wanted to let everyone know that I have decided to join the challenge to walk to Mordor for 2018 (I see Diadhuit already did. Nice!) That means at the end of this PvP challenge I will not start a new thread, since one walking challenge at a time is all I can keep up with.

Thank you for doing this challenge with me! Having this thread and the people in it helped me get off my lazy backside and go out for a walk more times than I can count, and I appreciate your help in forming this new habit.

Best of luck with everything in 2018!

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminder, I hit a bad case of gastroenteritis that stopped me the last 3 days, and it will take some more to get back to my feet completely. I lost 3kg in water and need to recover.

I'm afraid I'm failing this challenge badly. Oh, Italy, mother land, why when I come to thee I always get sick?!? Ireland, foster mother land, takes way better care of me (oh, well, that's not true, but I get less flu)

Yes, I'll be on the walk to Mordor from the 9th, hoping for a good pace...

@scalyfreak

Still walking. Holiday's get weird as I tend to take an email holiday that coincides with the actual holiday. So I haven't checked emails, nerdfitness, really anything in two weeks....soooo many emails to delete.

Back at work today and therefore checking (read: deleting) emails. Updated my walking. Got some good walks in over the break (pretty much every day), will try to update with some photos later (actually went on a run too)