Jlailin Jumps In!

Jlailin

11 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Yay for your back doing better!! That's great to hear!!

Thank you, Sif! :D 

Day 7 - 12/5

• Intermittent Fasting - check for fasting!   ...Feasting lasted for extra long since I was trying out a new cooking technique, which meant I didn't start eating till 9pm.  @_@
  • Dance - Rest day!
  • Back Exercises - Check!  I find it crazy that every time I do one of these sessions, my back will crack.  I keep thinking that I've fixed everything, but it's amazing how much our daily tasks make us need maintenance!  

• Like 2

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

You're doing so well on your exercises!!
I'm doing so horrible with them haha.
Go you!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Day 8 - 12/6

• Intermittent Fasting - check!  ...It was kind of funky because I didn't start eating till 3:30pm, since I'd eaten an entire steak the night before. <_<
  • Dance - Kpop dance class!  We learned the first part of Likey by Twice.  It's a really cute, easy girl dance.  ...Honestly, I prefer boy group dances over girl groups because they typically have more fun stuff even though they're more challenging.  However, I do like learning the occasional girl dance to break it up and give my brain a break from memorizing such complicated choreography.  Ideally, I'd like if two of my classes did one crazy boy group dance, and then the last one did a cute, easy going girl group dance.  ...but it generally doesn't work out that way. :P   
  • Back Exercises - Check!

Day 9 - 12/7

• Intermittent Fasting - check!  ...although I made a huge batch of rum cupcakes last night, and I sampled it kinda late before I remembered what time it was. >_>  We will see if this impact's Friday's fast...  
  • Dance - Rest day!

• Like 1

Day 10 - 12/8

• Intermittent Fasting - check for fasting!  ...feasting was long due to a friend's corporate Christmas party.  It was super tasty, had an open bar, and fun light up sticks and things that I took home to use as new cat toys. :D   
  • Dance - Rest day!

Day 11 - 12/9

• Intermittent Fasting - eh... this one is iffy.  I did skip breakfast, but I know I ate late the night before, so eh.  I also had yet another Christmas party to attend at night, so the feasting period was long once again.
  • Dance - Rest day!

Day 12 - 12/10

• Intermittent Fasting - Check!  Despite eating late the previous night, I managed to squeeze in 15 hours of fasting.  
  • Dance - Kpop dance class!  We learned part two of Likey by Twice.  It's such a cute dance.  I finally got word that my favorite kpop dance teacher would be returning to class in January!  I'm so happy to be able to see her again! <3 
  • Back Exercises - nope... I guess it's good that my back doesn't feel like I have to do them, but I really should be doing them every day to avoid repeating the injury.  I'm pretty sure that's why it happened this time--I stopped doing my yoga after being really committed to practicing on a rigorous schedule.  >_>

• Like 3

New cat toys from random non-cat toy objects is always fun :D

At least you still beat me on therapy exercises XD

You still inspire me to try intermittent fasting, but I'm still also scared about it.

• Like 2

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Siferiax said:

New cat toys from random non-cat toy objects is always fun :D

I swear this is my cat's favorite thing to do.  He even stole my old ipad because I once gave him a fish game on it.  >_>

At least you still beat me on therapy exercises XD

You can do it!  They seem tiny, but they really help soooo much!

You still inspire me to try intermittent fasting, but I'm still also scared about it.

Eh, it's not for everyone, but for me it's just easier to not think about one meal than to have to worry about keeping three of them in certain limits.  I'm just lazy.  xD

Day 13 - 12/11

• Intermittent Fasting - Check!  ...I skipped dinner again, but I did end up eating two lunches, so calorie-wise I should be fine. :D 
  • Dance - Returned to my hip hop class after a three week break.  I ended up being the only student that night because other people all happened to get sick, but it was still a lot of fun.  I get nervous when I'm the only one there because all the attention can be overwhelming to me, but at the same time it is really nice because I improve much more since all the tips are geared towards me.  
  • Back exercises - check!

Day 14 - 12/12

• Intermittent Fasting - Check!  
  • Dance - Rest day!
  • Back exercises - check!
  • Finances - OMG, MY BUSINESS PARTNER ACTUALLY DID HIS TASK EARLY!  THE WORLD IS ENDING! :P  

• Like 1

On 11/29/2017 at 4:47 PM, Jlailin said:
  • ntermittent Fasting - continue with the 14-16 hour fasting and 10-8 hour feasting schedule
    • During vacation, there is a pass on this for special occasion breakfasts.  Try to eat a smaller lunch or skip lunch on these days.
  • Dance! - attend dance classes (kpop, hip hop, motown, zumba, etc) 2-3 times per week
    • During vacation, go hiking, sneak into mother's zumba class, or do a body weight routine at least once a week
  •  Organize finances - complete scheduled balance transfers with business partner

Love the goals and I'm sorry to hear about your back! Man.....back issues suck butt for real! How is your back feeling now? I know that the more I strengthen my butt and posterior chain, the better I feel because strong glutes are super important..... constant sitting down from school/job has weakened our glutes and cause a multitude of back problems. I've dealt with on/off back issues for a while, mostly related to sciatica and tight hips and hamstrings. I can send you some stretches and mobilization stuff I like to do to help alleviate my back pain if you want?

Intermittent Fasting!! Yusssss! I do this a lot. Have you tried the Bulletproof coffee method? Bulletproof actually has it's own brand now and you can get their products via Amazon, which is nice. I have the oil, the collagen and I bought some ghee butter from a local Kroger near me. I have not only noticed a difference in feeling better in the morning and afternoon, but the collagen protein helps joints, skin and hair. You can also visit their website if you want to know the science behind everything :)

Sorry for the wordy post, Jlailin, but I hope you find some useful information here. Keep up the good work!

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Finances - OMG, MY BUSINESS PARTNER ACTUALLY DID HIS TASK EARLY!  THE WORLD IS ENDING! [emoji14]    

Waaaaahhhhh -runs and hides from world end-
:D
Good to hear something positive here for a change!!

• Like 2

Spoiler

Thank you for the encouragement, @Siferiax and @Wild Wolf:D

Life's been crazy, but in a good way.  Kept up with my intermittent fasting and back stretches!  I basically just do supine stretches, knee to chest stretches, reclined pigeon, and gentle low bridges to help build muscle.  It's super short right now because that's all I can really squeeze into my schedule, but if you've got any other good ones, Wolf, I'm open to suggestions!  :D

I had my kpop dance class today and learned the last part of Likey by Twice.  We had a super hard part to learn today, but it was really fun.  I'll be going to my hip hop class tomorrow evening, and then I will be coming home and packing like a mad woman because I'll be heading to my hometown in Hawaii early, early, early Tuesday morning.

...I will try to be on here again, but I may be scarce here during vacation and holiday time.  >_>  If I don't reappear before the holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  :D  

• Like 1

:D have fun over there!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's in advance ^^

Cool to hear you're doing so great on your goals. Keep it up during your time away from home!

• Like 2

Spoiler

Just popping in to say, I miss you!!
Unless I completely failed to find your new challenge?!

• Like 2

Spoiler

On 1/9/2018 at 1:17 AM, Siferiax said:

Just popping in to say, I miss you!!
Unless I completely failed to find your new challenge?!

I've missed you too, Sif!  <3  

I am back!  Well, mostly.  I'm still mentally on vacation back in Hawaii where the sun is shining and it's not freezing cold.  xD  Haven't posted a new challenge thread yet.  I'm debating on posting one or if I might just pop in and out of everyone else's this round.  ...Or maybe I'll do a pre-challenge challenge where my challenge goals will be to plan out the next challenge.  Hmm...  xD