JulietKitch's Slow Limp Back to Badassery.

JulietKitsch

Sigh, I'm back. I know, I know. I need to be here. I need to post frequently, and I need to turn my health into a routine. I need to.

So, I'm back. 

Hi.

giphy.gif

Things have been going well, honestly. I've made a few small changes and they have had BIG results. I'm down about 18 pounds over my highest weight from last year, and I'm very please about that. That said... I need to make some smaller changes.

JulietKitch's Slow Limp Back to Badassery

12/2 - 12/23

Current Weight: -18.9 Pounds

Goal #1:   Actually, like, exercise. +2 STR

Starting small: I want to actually exercise 2 x a week.

Goal #2:   Do my #minimalismgame challenge +2 CHA

Every day, do something to declutter. The bigger the better!

pwave.gif

• Like 3

Level One Druid

--- Str 0 :: Dex 0 :: Sta 0:: Con 0 :: Wis 0 :: Cha 0 --

Ravenclaw with a dash of Slytherin.  

12/3

Goal #1 Progress: Hit the gym! 20 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes of strength training.

Goal #2 Progress: Daily decluttering challenge: I tackled my car. There's still a decent amount of "stuff" in there, but it isn't dirty!

• Like 2

Level One Druid

Hey Juliet! I love your challenge and the scale of your goals. They're totally attainable but still a great place to start to get a habit going and make some real progress. Let us know if there's anything we can do to support you and help you stay on track! Rebel is full of great cheerleaders. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12/4

Goal #1 Progress: Gym visit again! I went before work, which I'm not sure is something I'd do often. I didn't hate it though!

Goal #2 Progress: Nothing decluttered today (yet). I'm going to try to tackle a small piece of my bedroom tonight.

• Like 1

Level One Druid

12/8

Goal #1 Progress: I was in the gym on 12/6, but took two days off to recover and also cope with the fact that last night I had a field trip with my kiddos that got me home at midnight.:apthy:

Goal #2 Progress: Decluttered my car yesterday (the cabin - need to handle the trunk soon... eesh). Also did two trash bags full of decluttering in my classroom today.

• Like 1

Level One Druid

Your decluttering is going great!!
How about the gym? Does it need to be gym? Have you thought of getting your goal more relaxed to include the field trip if it is exercise too?
I am just saying this because I found that I get very bored with the same over and over.
I much prefer including walking, hiking, going out dancing etc. in the goal, but everyone is different and it's what works for you!!

• Like 1

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

3 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

How about the gym? Does it need to be gym? Have you thought of getting your goal more relaxed to include the field trip if it is exercise too?

It does NOT need to be the gym! My field trip, however, was driving my car behind the bus (emergency car in case of illness), and then shoving my 6'3" legs into a tiny seat for 2.5 hours to watch a musical (which was delightful). I was sore the next day (horrific calf cramps from the lack of leg room), but NOT from exercise. :D 

I definitely have worked out at home, and have counted hikes and walks in the past. Right now, "going to the gym" is a routine that is really working for me. Also, it is December in NH, so hikes are not exactly appealing at the moment!

12/9

Goal #1 Progress: Hit the gym today! Feeling really good about going so frequently! I did ten minutes of quick walking on the treadmill on a 3-4 incline to warm up,  then I did arms and back muscle groups on the weight machines. Planet Fitness has this awesome thing where you can scan the QR codes in the machines, and track all of your distances/ calories burned / weight adjustments. It's AWESOME.

Anyway, I used that app (LFConnect) to create a calorie burn target for the week. I went for 900 calories, since that seemed to be realistic but a teensy bit of a reach. I hit 1,200 today! Woo!

Goal #2 Progress: I set up my "minimalist" Christmas tree today! Normally, I do the big, super cluttered tree. I'm going to be out of the country for the actual holiday, so I decided to downsize. I picked up a 3ft table top tree and decorated it with only my favorite ornaments. It is so sweet looking, and only filled with positive memories. 

I also tackled "my area by my chair", where I keep mail, my knitting supplies, etc. It's... slightly better. Not perfect. I also plan on filling a donate bag with clothes tonight!

• Like 3

Level One Druid

12/10

Goal #1 Progress: Taking a well deserved rest day!

Goal #2 Progress: I filled THREE big black trash bags with clothes to donate over the last 24 hours. I dropped them off today. My room/closet is still in chaos... but LESS chaos! It's going to take a lot of work to get me to a true state of "being decluttered", but I'm making progress!

• Like 1

Level One Druid

12/11

Goal #1 Progress: I went to the gym this morning! On Monday's, I have VERY little time, and on Tuesdays, I have zero time. I think the Monday 6am workout is a good pattern for me if I want to keep going every other day. It seems like my current schedule is working for me: Monday 6am, Wednesday 5pm, Friday 5pm, and then a Sat or Sun trip. If I can maintain that, I think it's a really good (and not overwhelming) level of activity for me. Considering I was starting at no days a week, 4 days a week is solid!

Goal #2 Progress: Today I'm planning to fill a trash bag with things to toss. I might discover some more "donate" items along the way, so I might start another there as well.

• Like 2

Level One Druid

General progress check in. 

Things are actually going quite well! I was sick over the tail end of last week, so I only went to the gym on Monday. I will be going back on Wednesday. I'm a teacher the week before Christmas. Yikes.

In terms of decluttering, I'm kind of killing it. Two more donate bags done, and one trash bag. I still have... a lot of stuff. It's kind of remarkable.

• Like 1

Level One Druid