How often do you do laundry?

Exactly as the title suggests - how often do you do laundry? Specifically, activewear laundry - I find myself going to the gym/training with pole dancing up to four or five times a week. I've only got so much activewear, so do I need to launder it literally every time I wear it? Help a sister out! 

that girl writes

race: awesome/class: ranger

I post a lot on instagram

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

I've worn shorts I've lifted in a few sessions before, assuming I didn't get them all sweaty and gross.  I wear my aikido gi/uniform usually a couple of days before I swap it out for a fresh one.  But by and large, I typically wear things once and then wash with few exceptions.  

Over the years I've built up enough active wear that I'm not washing everything every week, but I do have to do laundry at least every other week with all the clothes so I can keep working out.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

I have no real active wear - my size is really hard to get. I exercise in old leggings and a sport bra I keep tightened with a safety pin in the back (the straps went loose on me). I wash them when they feel gross. Considering I exercise 2 times a week (bodyweight), that is once or twice a month. You find your own level of neatness and the way you feel best. If you sweat a lot when you exercise you might need to wash them more.

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

If it doesn't stink or feel icky, go ahead and wear it again.  If it does, wash it. 

You can make clothes last longer between washings if you hang them up inside out and let them air (preferably in sunlight) after use.  Most of the stinky bacteria are anaerobic, and they like damp dark conditions.  This won't remove the oils and minerals your skin leaves on stuff, but it will reduce smells and evaporate the water that sweat is mostly made of.

Also, hot dryers are bad for the stretchy fabrics they use to make activewear.  Always hang dry your athletic gear, do not put it in the dryer.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I only wear my activewear once before throwing it in the hamper. I've found that putting on fresh underwear every single time before I exercise helps a lot with keeping my activewear nice for as long as possible. (TMI? MAYBE.) 

I have a lot of activewear because I use things like poshmark.com and local thrift stores to round out my collection. That way, I don't have to do laundry as often. I only do laundry when I'm totally out of something (socks, underwear, jeans, activewear -- whatever runs out first). I am lazy AF. 

Myself, my partner and 2 kids along with 2 dogs, I (by which I mean the royal we because i'm sure i'll somehow get in trouble if my partner things I'm taking all the credit for housework) have to do a load every 2 days. Thankfully all my active wear is really cheap so I throw it through the dryer every time without a care that its wearing quickly.

I have two kids, so there is at least one of load of laundry being done per day in my house. For work-out stuff, I wash it after wearing it once. Especially my Jiu Jitsu gi. BJJ is a grappling art, and if you've ever done high-school wrestling, you know the kind of skin funk that you can get from rolling around and being sweaty. 

Usually twice a week. (I'm in the same boat as you, 5-6 days per week in activewear, sometimes 2 shirts per day not including street wear.)

My family includes my wife and 3 children under the age of 5 as well as a dog, 2 cats, and 2 bunnies.  We do a load or two of laundry every day.  We wash active wear with the next load we do after use.  If all of us go swimming or to the rec center we just joined, that's almost a load in and of itself.  

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

I just ran to the store (one of those extreme literal last 7 minutes before closing type shoppings) and didn't get the facric softener. 

Normally, the washing machine runs every other or third day (by colors) - unless it's something that has gotten either spilled onto, or gym clothing that get soaking sweated in alongside towels - that's kind of a daily routine. Probably drives my neighbours insane. 

I wash my training gear once a week. This includes 4 gis, 7 rashguards,  7 compression shorts, and 4 grappling/boardshorts. With my workouts (Jiu jitsu) it's pretty disgusting if you wear something again without washing. Your partner will get all up in your funk. 

Battle Log |Current Challenge: Better Late Than Never| Previous Challenges: 1 | 

instagram: @gambitbjj | Winner of the Harry Potter PVP Challenge: House Ravenclaw

General laundry, at hatever frequency that I run out of celan underwear.

Active wear, I have a locker at the gym and hang the "in use" clothing on the hooks. I smell the cloths before I wear them each time. I swap them out once they get funky, as I keep a fresh set at the bottom of the locker.

As for pole dancing, I recently learned that the poles spin in place and it was like being a kid and finding out the Easter Bunny isn't real.

• Haha 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I work out at home so I usually do it in my underwear! General laundry is whenever my partner or myself have run out of underwear, and I do all of it at once. I am trying to develop the habit of doing a small load each day so it's not so overwhelming to fold and put away.

But that's a next month kind of goal.

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

I do it every two weeks - I don't want to do it more often than that, so I've just accumulated more and more activewear to last long enough between washes.

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Activewear laundry... uh. As often as I use it, but I don't use it much; most of my exercise at the moment is long-distance walking (so I can get away with anything comfy, heh). As for typical laundry... normally every few days I'll go "oh crap that's a lot of my work tops spilling out of my laundry basket" :unsure:

Henlo! Am kpop trash, gamer gremlin, pokémon go addict girl trying to overcome a work addiction ^_^

Current 4wc: n/a

Current battle log: "I play to win!"