Would you play a game parodying fitness culture? (poll)

Would you play a game parodying fitness culture?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. I'm making a game that parodies a bunch of fitness culture stereotypes and cultures. You in or nah?

• Hell YEAH!
    • Hell NO!
    • I don't play video games

I'm finally chasing my dream and starting a game studio with a friend of mine. We have a game in mind that we've been designing for a year or two now and we're curious if you guys would be interested in it. It's an action platformer heavily inspired by games like Guacamelee and Metroid Fusion, but we want to parody gym culture and stereotypes and maybe make a meme or two along the way. Think of it like this: do leg day, get high jump.

So yeah. If there's interest in the game on here, I'd be more than willing to post updates and keep you guys in the loop. The images below were initial sketches during brainstorming.

39PosR1.pngFREsSZt.png

gUmrP04.png

• Like 1

It's not the size knuckles of the boat knuckles that matters, it's the motion knuckles of the ocean knuckles.

Visit me at my humble website!

Needs moar Warriors, Broscience, @Gainsdalf the Whey, @Br0din, Bronan the Barbellian, Curl Brogo and so forth.

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

On 12/9/2017 at 10:15 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Needs moar Warriors, Broscience, @Gainsdalf the Whey, @Br0din, Bronan the Barbellian, Curl Brogo and so forth.

It's funny you mention those, because we are taking all sorts of inspiration from them. Like, the other guy working on this project watched every single episode of BroScienceLife for inspiration and basically teaching us what we need to know to properly parody gym life. We have like...a 30 page document of quotes, leads, and inspiring jokes just from Dom himself. We want to reach out to him to see if this is something he'd want in on once we're further in production. 

Right now, we have all sorts of stuff planned. Like for instance, we're going to have an entire sector dedicated to a Crossfit cult and we're going to have a Zumba sector that's aesthetically based on like...a tribal rave. We're calling it Vudu.

• Like 3

It's not the size knuckles of the boat knuckles that matters, it's the motion knuckles of the ocean knuckles.

Visit me at my humble website!