• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Arcelas the n00b

NERDFitness Starting zone - Arcelas the NooB

I am Arcelas!

I used to spam /yell this in WoW after every kill or successful herb gather. Now I plan to yell it while cars and guys in wheelchairs go whizzing by as I go for my daily walks. When the Taco Bell beckons like a dude outside a nudie bar in Vegas, I will resist the temptation. 

So welcome to the Starting Zone of my journey to get to level 60. (There is no level 110 lol)

Main Quest:

Lose 50lbs!

12/10/17 Starting weight 293 lbs

1. Go from drinking a 2 liter every other day to only drinking one 12oz soda on Thursday with my Dad for Movie Night (currently, have been soda free for 10 days)
  2. Add vegetables to 4 breakfast meals a week (starting at 1 per week then working my way up to 4 by the end of the challenge)
  3. Walk at least 4 days a week for at least 10 minutes
  4. Break down the beginner bodyweight workout into manageable amounts
    1. reduce sets on first several workouts, with the goal being to complete a full workout by the end of the challenge.
      1. 1 set of each the 1st week (alternating workouts)
      2. increase that number as I grow stronger, culminating in complete workouts performed during week 4 (week 3 if I'm feeling up to it)

This should prepare me for the new year. Yay 2018, the year we all turn into murlocs!

• Like 1

Just started adding more veg in myself and find it makes such a difference in terms of satiety. Think that goal will serve you very well (as will the others of course).

Congrats on the progress already made (the being soda free for 10 days for example) and good luck Arcelas!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, arcelas said:

1. only drinking one 12oz soda on Thursday with my Dad for Movie Night
  2. Add vegetables to 4 breakfast meals a week (starting at 1 per week then working my way up to 4 by the end of the challenge)
  3. Walk at least 4 days a week for at least 10 minutes
  4. Figure out how much of the beginner bodyweight workout I can accomplish.

Hi arcelas!  Welcome to the game!

Your Challenge quests look good overall.  For Quest #4, what’s your plan for figuring out how much of the BBwW you can accomplish?  How, and when, are you going to figure it out?

Also, what’s your Main Quest?  That is, what’s the bigger picture that you’re wanting to make progress toward by accomplishing these Challenge quests?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Hazard said:

Hi arcelas!  Welcome to the game!

Your Challenge quests look good overall.  For Quest #4, what’s your plan for figuring out how much of the BBwW you can accomplish?  How, and when, are you going to figure it out?

Also, what’s your Main Quest?  That is, what’s the bigger picture that you’re wanting to make progress toward by accomplishing these Challenge quests?

Thanks, Hazard!

I think quest #4 is more trackable now. And the main quest is: to lose 50lbs and then re-evaluate. All the fitness magazines and websites and calculators say I'm supposed to be 186lbs!? I would be a literal scarecrow, and probably need to be in the ICU.

Update Sunday 12/10/17:

Continued the no soda challenge, I am 13 days in. Went for a 10+ minute walk, using this playlist https://play.google.com/music/playlist/AMaBXyllUXZLc0D076CVOGspDGoQNlqHwN1J0O2MNbEFkG2jly-6exHj0n-NFUr6m1HgPgUlpExKCVTc7s_9d7OCZZT68P9Qqg%3D%3D as my walking music. I added onions, peppers, and spinach to my omelet yesterday. Finally, I did a full Bodyweight Workout A.

Looking forward to the rest of this week, as well as the rest of the challenge. 

• Like 1

I'm just here for the Wow. Dont mind me, Im all camouflaged in the corner watching your progress and cheering you on all Night Elf Hunter like. Unless youre horde, then I'll pull out my paladin and hammer your face in as a way of "helping." Ahem.

• Like 1

I'm just here for the Wow. Dont mind me, Im all camouflaged in the corner watching your progress and cheering you on all Night Elf Hunter like. Unless youre horde, then I'll pull out my paladin and hammer your face in as a way of "helping." Ahem.
I've been both over the years. Latest was a Draenai deathknight and Gnome Mage. But it's been a bit since I played.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Update Day 2 - Monday 12/11/17:

Silly Arcelas, he did not wake up in time to make breakfast. Silly Arcelas, he had to eat breakfast from the Company Kitchen at work. (Gatorade chocolate protein bar and beef jerky) Then I ate a sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub for lunch. BUT STILL NO SODA! Maximum Woots! Walked for two sets of 10 minutes as well. Feeling good!

Oh and not an official part of the quest. But I messed up Sunday night and stayed up till 5 am. My alarm goes off at 6:30...

Last night I was in bed by 10 pm and will be working towards keeping up that habit.

• Like 1

Update Day 3 - 12/12/17:

Breakfast was a boss! Delicious spinach, cheese, and Virginia Smoked Ham omelet.

Lunch was not what I had planned. The boss was in town, so he took me out to eat. 1/2 rack of ribs, coleslaw, and baked beans. SODA? I don't think so!!!

Was heading home to do my Beginner Bodyweight Workout when my tire had a blowout. By the time I got it repaired and got back home, it was time for bed. whoops.

• Like 1

Update Day 4: 12/13/17:

Skipped breakfast (no real reason)

Lunch was Albacore tuna salad on multigrain bread and a Honeycrisp apple.

Dinner was Krap Mac 'N' Cheese with diced smoked ham. Under calories, but boy will I be glad when I get paid and can buy some real food!

Didn't walk. didn't work out. Bleh. I did scratch the car parked next to me at work, but I do not remember that being on my goal list. I also signed up for a local gym membership, as I want to start lifting again ASAP.

Day 5 - 12/14/17:

Skipped breakfast again (might start making this a thing)

Lunch was provided by the company (Fazoli's), so I had a serving of Chicken Alfredo and a brownie

Dinner was Pizza and soda (movie night with dad, so this was planned) Man I love Palermo's Thin Crust Pizza!

Walked for 10 minutes, will be trying the 1st Bodyweight workout Boss battle tonight.

• Like 1

Whew! Been a few days since I posted! 

Day 6 and 7: Walking, bodyweight workout. Did a naughty at McD's, BUT, was not over calorie limit for the day, so I guess it was ok. Had my soda with my dad on Thursday night. Wasn't craving it as much as I expected I'd be.

Day 8: Defeated the 1st boss of the bodyweight workouts, Major DOMS. Ready to start Level 2! Food was bad. Wings and breadsticks.

Day 9: Down to 285 on the weekly weigh-in. Breakfast with the family, homemade gluten-free pecan pancakes, scrambled eggs, and homemade applesauce, sweetened with fresh pineapple. Had Taco Bell for lunch, as I was out teaching my friend to drive. Ready to get back on it this week. Especially since I have a date on Wednesday :)

• Like 1

Day 10 - 12/18/17:

Skipped breakfast again. Man, it makes it easier to eat less!

Lunch was a big bowl of Albacore Tuna Salad

Dinner was a ham, cheese, and spinach omelet (plus a small glass of eggnog) :chuncky:

My 10-minute walks have increased to 14 minutes, and I completed Workout A of the Level 2 bodyweight workout.

I'm already brainstorming my next challenge!

• Like 1

Day 10 - 12/18/17:

Skipped breakfast again. Man, it makes it easier to eat less!
Lunch was a big bowl of Albacore Tuna Salad
Dinner was a ham, cheese, and spinach omelet (plus a small glass of eggnog) :chuncky:

My 10-minute walks have increased to 14 minutes, and I completed Workout A of the Level 2 bodyweight workout.

I'm already brainstorming my next challenge!

This is brilliant! You are rocking it!

Day 11 - 12/19/17:

So... yeah.

Arcelas was naughty. Like ninjaing epics in a pug group naughty. 

I had SODA!?! 3 of them this week? I traced the root back to a lack of meal preparation on Sunday, which in turn lead to me ordering pizza at work, and a 4 pack of Pepsi/Mountain Dew. Unbelievably I was only over my MyFitnessPal calorie count by 300. 

Ok, on to the good news. Still walking, and even staying more active at work. Did workout B of beginner bodyweight level 2.

I'll check in tomorrow and let you all know how my date went.

So this Challenge is winding down. Time to look at what went well, what sucked, and how I will proceed:

Good: Except for the holiday weekend, kept my soda consumption very low. Walked almost every day, and only missed Monday's strength workout.

Bad: I weighed 287 again after this morning's weigh-in, probably due to too much fudge on Christmas.

I read somewhere this weekend that it is not how you eat from Christmas to New Year, its how you eat from New Year to Christmas.

Upcoming: I will be working up my next 4-week challenge this week while continuing on the path I've set myself.

So this Challenge is winding down. Time to look at what went well, what sucked, and how I will proceed:

Good: Except for the holiday weekend, kept my soda consumption very low. Walked almost every day, and only missed Monday's strength workout.

Bad: I weighed 287 again after this morning's weigh-in, probably due to too much fudge on Christmas.

I read somewhere this weekend that it is not how you eat from Christmas to New Year, its how you eat from New Year to Christmas.

Upcoming: I will be working up my next 4-week challenge this week while continuing on the path I've set myself.

This is fabulous progress!! and I love that quote especially since I am definitely overeating (hem).
Btw, I am still waiting for the gossip about the date :) hope it went well!!

upDATE :P:

I took her to Hacienda Real, a local Mexican restaurant. I dressed in slacks, collared shirt and a sweater. My date was in a t-shirt that said: "Why can't the hedgehogs just share the hedge?" I knew it was going to be good. She is quite funny, and she liked my magic tricks :) We've been texting since the date, and are making plans for next week. We'll see what happens. I haven't been on a date in 13 years. So, I hope I did ok, and I hope I know what to do from here.

• Like 2